Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Like Tommy said every team has these. Those reacting just got trolled hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Blatter wrote: »
    Are Manchester United really that much better than Liverpool?

According to this article, they're not.

Don't forget to click on the 'continue reading on page 2'.

Livened up my morning anyway:pac:

Thats brilliant,the player ratings are priceless.
    Delusion knows no limits sometimes.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hillarious article

The first comment is funny too.
    DONT FORGET LFC DONT REF CALED WEB ON OUR SIDE
    MANCS NEVER LOSS WHEN HE IS AT OLD TRAFFORD FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Having taken all of these ratings into consideration (and I haven’t been doing it strategically, I’ve just rated players based purely on how good I think they are out of 10)

"There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact"

That's a great way to sell your article, revealing that you've just haphazardly assigned ratings to players and used addition to determine the best team, awful stuff but I had a good laugh reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

tommyhaas wrote: »
    The article's a joke, but every club has their share of these type of fans. It wasn't long ago I saw someone here claim Utd were playing a brand of football which Barca would envy

Absolutely, I don't disagree.

I just got a right laugh from this particular article. A lot of deluded fans don't really believe what they say and abuse rival players constantly, but his guy is trying to be objective here.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

smokedeels wrote: »
    "There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact"

Brass Eye? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Don't think anyone is taking this seriously tbh!

Slightly off topic maybe but did anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary last night when he spent a little time with that delusional cult? ... Dont know why, but that popped into my head when reading article ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Loved this one
    and I haven’t been doing it strategically, I’ve just rated players based purely on how good I think they are out of 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Hillarious article

The first comment is funny too.

i can haz english plz! :confused:

He gave Patrice Evra a 10 despite his recent form, that's why I thought he was actually trying to be objective.

Unless he did that to give the impression he was being objective:pac:

Oh also i should highlight one of the comments to give perspective to the article.
    You’ve got to be having a laugh here lad.
    I just want to point out not all liverpool fans are this biased or delusional. Makes us seem very bitter and clueless and it sets us up for a fall at the end of the season.
    The author needs to show some class and be realistic. Were better than this.
    YNWA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Oh also i should highlight one of the comments to give perspective to the article.

You’ve got to be having a laugh here lad.
    I just want to point out not all liverpool fans are this biased or delusional. Makes us seem very bitter and clueless and it sets us up for a fall at the end of the season.
    The author needs to show some class and be realistic. Were better than this.
    YNWA

thats a utd fan trolling the article :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The article's a joke, but every club has their share of these type of fans. It wasn't long ago I saw someone here claim Utd were playing a brand of football which Barca would envy

This, ignore the article it's a joke and 99% of the Liverpool fans on this forum I guess would also be laughing at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

the artical was without doubt written by someone who is out of touch with reality but have to admit the funny thing is the rating he got furthest wrong was given evra a 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

^^^^^
    Agree about Evra , at this moment I'd rather Enrique instead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Baaahahaha

"Likewise, Gerrard is one of the greatest midfielders that we’ve ever had. If he wins even one League title with us before he retires, he will rightly be held on the same level as a player like Giggs"

1 =/= 12

Some Pool fans really are the worst imo. Obviously they would seem so to me considering I support united, but some of the stuff I see on the net is unreal. From the extreme like the Munich stuff, to stuff like that above.

I agree what he says about Carrick but Evra 10/10?...just lol

Obviously not all fans are like this. One of my mates is a pool fan. He hates utd and wants to see them fail, I'd expect nothing less and that's the way it should be, but at least he's realistic about stuff. Even said Gary Neville, although a c_unt in his eyes, provided a bit of decent insight on sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lads, if I buy a ticket for a game on the United website for a match, do they get sent out in the post? Reason I ask, is that I want to use a membership number of my mate, and get a ticket for my other mate who isn't a member. If I have to collect them, it could be a problem if they ask for id?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

parc wrote: »
    Baaahahaha

"Likewise, Gerrard is one of the greatest midfielders that we’ve ever had. If he wins even one League title with us before he retires, he will rightly be held on the same level as a player like Giggs"

1 =/= 12

Some Pool fans really are the worst imo. Obviously they would seem so to me considering I support united, but some of the stuff I see on the net is unreal. From the extreme like the Munich stuff, to stuff like that above.

How many league titles has John O'Shea won? And on this basis would argue that he should be held in higher regard then Gerrard?

I completely agree that the above article is bullsh!t, however I disagree on both your points, firstly that Gerrard shouldn't be held in the same esteem as Giggs, and secondly that your measure of a player is the trophies he's won. While its obviously a factor, its hardly a decisive one

At least you're logic is consistent with that of the article

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I think the only way he'd be really effective in the system is if he plays instead of Rooney, which isn't going to happen a whole lot. And Rooney is just too good at the moment to remove from his current number 10 position to revert him to the number 9 role.

We need a centre forward playing that will stretch defenses and burst his bollix off getting into the box. Someone to play on the shoulder. I think it's essential to have this type of player in order get the best out of both Rooney and our wingers.

Unfortunately for Berbatov, he just isn't that player.

Rooney does very well playing as the furthest forward too. I would say it can be mixed up for the odd game without causing too much harm.

Berba's silky touch and passing would work well with the style of play coming from Anderson and Cleverly and all the energy from the midfield and Rooney would make up for Berba's laziness.

But do we really want to make all that accommodation just to get Berbatov a game? I think he will get his chance in some of the easier CL games and he might have to make do with playing up front on his own. If he wasn't so lazy it wouldn't be a problem for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Masked Man wrote: »
    Yeah right.

Wonder if he still rate Raul so highly? Or if he's gone into bitter Liverpool fan mode.

are you Working all the time, fighting crime, fighting crime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pro. F wrote: »
    Rooney does very well playing as the furthest forward too. I would say it can be mixed up for the odd game without causing too much harm.

Berba's silky touch and passing would work well with the style of play coming from Anderson and Cleverly and all the energy from the midfield and Rooney would make up for Berba's laziness.

But do we really want to make all that accommodation just to get Berbatov a game? I think he will get his chance in some of the easier CL games and he might have to make do with playing up front on his own. If he wasn't so lazy it wouldn't be a problem for him.

It's not Lazy, it's just his style of play. It's not easy to fix with just more effort, his mobility overall, including his runs, just are different.

Berbatov needs to be able to be played in this system somehow. He has the ability to be a world class player, and to let him sit on the bench is just foolish.

Rooney up front with him would sacrifice Rooney a little, but not massively, and potentially get a lot from Berbatov over the course of the.

We can't just put all our eggs in one basket, what if Rooney gets injured?

• Advertisement

parc wrote: »
    Baaahahaha

1 =/= 12

I agree what he says about Carrick but Evra 10/10?...just lol

Obviously not all fans are like this. One of my mates is a pool fan. He hates utd and wants to see them fail, I'd expect nothing less and that's the way it should be, but at least he's realistic about stuff. Even said Gary Neville, although a c_unt in his eyes, provided a bit of decent insight on sky

There's morons supporting every club.

The soccer forum is testament to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

berbatov won't get a game while either Hernandez and/or Welbeck are fit.

i reckon Ferguson likes the pace and athleticism they bring a lot more than Berba.

Rooney and Berba do fine as a partnership, but it's not as explosive, and probably doesn't allow Rooney join in with everything and create from midfield as he is doing now with the pace and power in front of him.

Rooney is best at what he's doing right now; the "Messi role", where he can roam, basically be a midfielder, link everything together, while also remembering he's a forward. he needs that licence for Utd to get the very best out of him.

Berba will be vital in terms of resting Rooney, or as cover if Rooney gets injured, because he can be an experienced head up front who can come in and link in a similar way (while obviously not to the same standard).

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

How many league titles has John O'Shea won? And on this basis would argue that he should be held in higher regard then Gerrard?

I completely agree that the above article is bullsh!t, however I disagree on both your points, firstly that Gerrard shouldn't be held in the same esteem as Giggs, secondly that your measure of a player is the trophies he's won. While its obviously a factor, its hardly a decisive one. At least you're logic is consistent with that of the article

I never said that. Just pointed out that his logic of 1 league trophy would equal Giggs' standing. Maybe among pool fans as he's homegrown and stayed with the club but not from a neutral perspective imo

And as for the John O'Shea thing, I'm not saying that at all. That's like saying Michael Carrick is more of a legend than Matt Le Tissier, just because he's more decorated. Obviously the individual player's performances are more important.

From neutral perspective Matt Le Tissier is a far bigger legend than Carrick is, despite Carrick winning more trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote: »
    It's not Lazy, it's just his style of play. It's not easy to fix with just more effort, his mobility overall, including his runs, just are different.

Berbatov needs to be able to be played in this system somehow. He has the ability to be a world class player, and to let him sit on the bench is just foolish.

Rooney up front with him would sacrifice Rooney a little, but not massively, and potentially get a lot from Berbatov over the course of the.

For me, this ignores the biggest part of what Rooney is doing for us, and ignoring the fact Berbatov won't do the same.

Rooney isn't playing the classical number 1 role like most play it, and as I think Berbatov could - he is basically playing as a 3rd (or 4th, when Jones comes into the equation) central midfielder at time, which is a large part of the reason Andeson and Cleverley have been doing well.

If we move Rooney up top and play Berbatov in 'the hole' we won't get anywhere near the same workrate or defensive work from Berbatov, which will massively affect the performance of the midfield.

Yes, Berbatov could play in the hole, and to get the best out of him it might be where he needs to be played, but he is more likely to take the more advanced role, so that we can keep Rooney's workrate in the heartbeat of the team. If Rooney gets injured, Berbatov is the more obvious replacement - which would require a change in midfield style imo, but we could also look at playing Welbeck there - as he played there and did well there for Sunderland on occassion last season.

I would also say Fergie has hinted at using Ashley Young in the 'AMC/10' role, which is another option - and his workrate is very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Rooney isn't playing the classical number 1 role like most play it

Oh good Jesus, not another goalkeeper controversy!

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Oh good Jesus, not another goalkeeper controversy!

TEN, I MEANT 10! Though Rooney does like to play in goals according to Fergie.

TEN, I MEANT 10! Though Rooney does like to play in goals according to Fergie.

We should give him a shot, can't do any worse than that traditionally dodgy Latin chap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

For me, this ignores the biggest part of what Rooney is doing for us, and ignoring the fact Berbatov won't do the same.

Rooney isn't playing the classical number 1 role like most play it, and as I think Berbatov could - he is basically playing as a 3rd (or 4th, when Jones comes into the equation) central midfielder at time, which is a large part of the reason Andeson and Cleverley have been doing well.

If we move Rooney up top and play Berbatov in 'the hole' we won't get anywhere near the same workrate or defensive work from Berbatov, which will massively affect the performance of the midfield.

Yes, Berbatov could play in the hole, and to get the best out of him it might be where he needs to be played, but he is more likely to take the more advanced role, so that we can keep Rooney's workrate in the heartbeat of the team. If Rooney gets injured, Berbatov is the more obvious replacement - which would require a change in midfield style imo, but we could also look at playing Welbeck there - as he played there and did well there for Sunderland on occassion last season.

I would also say Fergie has hinted at using Ashley Young in the 'AMC/10' role, which is another option - and his workrate is very good too.

What's the point in having Berbatov in the squad then?

Yes Rooney adds defensively, and I'm not arguing that he's not utterly outstanding just where he is, but he can't play 60 games in a row there. If we put Young there, where would we ever put Berbatov?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It is laziness. Sometimes he puts in a reasonable amount of effort and he is a much better player for it. The rest of the time he is just lazy. Early on last season he was putting in a good amount of effort, so he showed that he can do it. Ever since then I have had no patience with him and the excuse of style. It's just laziness.

If Rooney gets injured then Berba will replace him and at least in that role his laziness won't be such an issue.

• Advertisement

What's the point in having Berbatov in the squad then?

What's the point in having anyone else outside of the first 11? To have backup to those 11 if they get injured/suspended/tired. Part of what makes us the club that we are is having a better quality of back up than others. Berbatov wasn't bought for that role, but it's now a role he's found himself in. We're hardly going to sell him because he's too good for that role.

It would be interesting to see if Berbatov would even start if Rooney was to get injured.

I wouldn't be convinced he would. I'd bet that if Rooney was injured(and the rest of our strikers were fit) he'd play Welbeck+Hernandez or Young+Welbeck/Hernandez instead of putting Berbatov in.

He could play Welbeck up front in a 4-3-3 aswell. (I don't think Hernandez's all round game is good enough to play this role).

Mitch makes a good point that Berbatov wouldn't do anything near enough defensively to be played in the Rooney position IF Cleverly and Anderson were to be the two midfielders. He would get away with it more if Carrick or Fletcher were in there.

And I'd agree with Pro F about Berbatov's attitude. It's awful. The effort we saw Berbatov put in for the first half of last year is not the same we have been seeing from him since. He was appalling when he came on for the last 30 mins against West Brom in the opening game and has been duly punished for it by not playing a minute since.

Ferguson has said recently that he intends to play him in some of the Champions League group stage games. I don't think he's a serious part of our plans this season but there is of course time for him to change that. When he gets his chance he has to take it and make an impression, otherwise he can forget about playing more regularly.

I also reckon Michael Owen would thrive playing in the current system with Anderson, Cleverly, Nani, Young and Rooney all creating plenty of chances.

Owen is an expert at timing his runs into the box and playing on the shoulder of the last defender. He has a habit of being in the right place at the right time and we all know about his finishing ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Is Owen pacy enough?

I haven't consciously looked out for his pace so i don't know, perhaps his positionning had made up for it and i've no problem with that! :D

Is Owen pacy enough?

I haven't consciously looked out for his pace so i don't know, perhaps his positionning had made up for it and i've no problem with that! :D

He's not pacy anymore but he's no slouch either.

He can still do this:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

And don't get me started on Berbatov in Fifa. He is virtually unplayable as he's incredibly slow! Even Owen is miles quicker!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

I think if You played Berbatov up top against a team with a deep defensive line and had the pace of nani rooney young hernandez feeding off, kind of a crouch style get the ball up and have the more agile players running in looking for the passes it wouldn be too bad. I dont see him being able to make it in the team at the moment he doesnt suit the fast passing and movement style. We may not have a faster team but the tempo of our passing and movement off the ball certainly has picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

^^^^Berbatov; great touch for an average sized lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    ^^^^Berbatov; great touch for an average sized lad

imo his touch is among the best in the world

Hopefully SAF makes the call to drop Evra sooner rather than later because he needs a good kick up the hole.

Would love to see him do it for the Bolton game. Put Fabio in there instead.

It might spring Evra into action again.

Hopefully SAF makes the call to drop Evra sooner rather than later because he needs a good kick up the hole.

Would love to see him do it for the Bolton game. Put Fabio in there instead.

It might spring Evra into action again.

Fabio has never impressed at LB for me, looked very good at RB, but never as good at LB. Maybe, probably, with consistent selection he could grow in to the role as he did RB, but he wouldn't be any better short term than Evra, probably worse.

• Advertisement

Fabio has never impressed at LB for me, looked very good at RB, but never as good at LB. Maybe, probably, with consistent selection he could grow in to the role as he did RB, but he wouldn't be any better short term than Evra, probably worse.

You not think he did alright opening day v West Brom? I though he did fine.

At the very least he puts great effort into tracking back, something Evra isn't or hasn't being doing for some time now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

No it isn't. I hated Andy Cole ever since his misses vs West Ham.

I have hated Rio since he got his drugs suspension.

I hated Cantona from the moment he kicked the racist at Wimbledon.

I have hated Antonio Valencia since his miss vs Blackburn.

Exactly like all fans should.
    mars bar wrote: »
    ...but you supported them when they were on the pitch in the United jersey regardless, yes?

More ridiculous comparisons and analogies with the usual suspects thanking nonsensical posts.

None of those players mentioned were an absolute and utter disgrace in their first few games for the club.

De Gea looks like a pub player. He's an embarassment and should be dropped before he has the chance to do some real damage to our title chances.

No doubt the "Fergie is God"/head in the sand merchants will profess that it'll be alright on the night and that I'm a nut job. Sorry lads, I just love United and want to see us succeed and there's more chance of us succeeding if we ditch this lemon.

You not think he did alright opening day v West Brom? I though he did fine.

At the very least he puts great effort into tracking back, something Evra isn't or hasn't being doing for some time now.

I thought we were very average in general against West Brom - they attacked us too easily imo and Fabio was no more impressive than anyone else.

As you say, it would at least put some pressure on Evra - but Fergie has to gauge whether Fabio for Evra right now is at least even (if not Fabio ahead) in order to bring Fabio in. To put pressure on Evra (and hopefully have the effect of upping Evra's game medium term) Fabio has to be a credible threat to his position, which I have not seen him be as of yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Posters have made wild claims about the wisdom of sacrificing success in the present for success in the future.

Sorry lads, but you're in the manure business if you're claiming that.

I've heard the decision to stick Rafael in against Bayern cited - Specifically the fact that his idiotic behaviour may have cost us the tie but the intangible payoff we're getting now because of it. Rubbish. Rafael was a headless chicken then and he's still a headless chicken now. He cost us what could have been the easiest Champions League final for the forseeable future. Where's the future payoff now? We've the Barca monster to slay and Rafael's still dodgy and not established as our first choice fullback.

If this de Gea project is about sacrificing short term gain (i.e. winning the league or Champions League this year) for some possible future gain, that's absolute and utter madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Posters have made wild claims about the wisdom of sacrificing success in the present for success in the future.

I've heard the decision to stick Rafael in against Bayern cited - Specifically the fact that his idiotic behaviour may have cost us the tie but the intangible payoff we're getting now because of it. Rubbish. Rafael was a headless chicken then and he's still a headless chicken now. He cost us what could have been the easiest Champions League final for the forseeable future. Where's the future payoff now? We've the Barca monster to slay and Rafael's still dodgy and not established as our first choice fullback.

If this de Gea project is about sacrificing short term gain (i.e. winning the league or Champions League this year) for some possible future gain, that's absolute and utter madness.
    You sound like a true glory hunter.

I'm sure any proper fan would happily sacrifice success for one season to have a great goalkeeper blooded in for the next 10-15 years.

And please god give the de gea talk a rest, it's just frustrating to read you repeating yourself over and over and over, you don't think he'll be a success, that's fine, but we dont need to read it every single page.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lads just stop replying to him. Easiest way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

VDS wasn't exactly great against Barca and arguably made the most important mistake of the game to allow in that Messi shot. He was immense last year but that has really stuck in my head as the defining moment of that game and one he really should have saved.

One thing I'll say is that if United don't win the CL this season, David De Gea wont be the cause of it. It'll be the inexperience at the top level in other areas and tbh, as long as a great push is made for the league and City don't win it, I'm kind of OK with it for the future of the club. Obviously the club should try to win everthing but if giving up the league/CL for one year means that 3 or 4 are won over the next 5 years I can live with it.

I thought we were very average in general against West Brom - they attacked us too easily imo and Fabio was no more impressive than anyone else.

As you say, it would at least put some pressure on Evra - but Fergie has to gauge whether Fabio for Evra right now is at least even (if not Fabio ahead) in order to bring Fabio in. To put pressure on Evra (and hopefully have the effect of upping Evra's game medium term) Fabio has to be a credible threat to his position, which I have not seen him be as of yet.

I disagree that the team was average against West Brom. I though we were easily the better team for long spells in that game and were worth the win. Especially at the start, the game should have been put to bed within the first 20 mins. I think it was Nani that missed the easiest of chances. Truth be told, we were very comfortable in that game until the DDG error. I was happy with the overall performance, especially seeing as it was the opening day and all that.

I though Fabio was decent that day, no better or worst than anybody else, as you said yourself.

I'm sure SAF has said it to Evra. There's no way in hell that all us can see that Evra isn't putting 100% effort in and SAF can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sean's early posts
    Of course we're not finished.

We've a strong squad.

The club's worth £1.5 billion and it has debts of £700 million. That isn't problematic.

We've the best manager that the game has ever seen.

Liverpool's problems are far more serious.

I didn't expect Cruyff to be a success and he wasn't. So what?

Carlos Querioz recommended Bebe. I reserve judgement and I hope he's a success.

It's in Giggs's autobiography. Rumours of Ole's ability started to circulate the minute he signed. Sadly, rumours of Bebe's incompetence started to circulate the minute he signed.

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over this Bebe Homeless World Cup thing. It turns out that he played for some kind of variant of Portugal's team. Big deal. It sounds like people are giving out about fans claiming that he represented Trocaire when it was actually Concern.

I haven't seen enough of Bebe to make up my own mind. However, only a fool wouldn't at least be mindful of intelligence circulating about the guy. Fingers crossed it's nonsense and he's actually the real deal.

I'm pretty sure someone else is using your account.

Actually scratch that, you disappeared for 5 months and then came back with this new outlook.

I was criticised a while back for daring to suggest that we get rid of Bebe. Folks, we were conned with this guy. I recently saw him during a game Joey Squeaking Utensil over and out of breath with his hands on his thighs. I can't remember the last time that I saw a professional footballer doing that. It was embarrassing. The guy is a fraud. All of those rumours and murmurs about United players laughing at his lack of ability were obviously true.

I'd like to see us ship out the following guys this summer:

Bebe
    Carrick
    Anderson
    Obertan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd be very surprised if Evra doesn't realise he's not playing up to standard himself. He said at the end of last season it wasn't one of his better seasons in a United shirt.

I think he might have lost some love for the game after the whole France/World Cup fiasco.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement