Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

figure of speech but really a lot of people seem to think he's the answer.

Plenty have supported him and said they are happy to see him get a chance to play. I was certainly encouraged by his (and the teams) start to the season.

I don't remember anyone calling him a saviour or indeed the answer to anything by himself.

Certainly don't remember anyone saying United would turn Barca over thanks to Cleverly. Actually I don't remember anyone saying United would turn Barca over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

A midfield of Anderson, Cleverly and Fletcher would give Barca a better game than Carrick and Giggs.

I feel we have definitely improved in midfield this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Who said that?

I've said it a few times. Wait and see imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

figure of speech but really a lot of people seem to think he's the answer.

Bollix tbh. The majority of United fans know we need to inject money into the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

what has fergie done to combat barca's midfield sweet fu*k all, a winger, gk and a few defenders is all he got and we now have over reliance on an average young player in cleverly who's deemed as the savior our cm needs.

We can look good all we want in england and europe but the fact is if we come up against barca we are still well and truly fu*ked imo.

united fans on this thread who fail to relize this need to get there head out of their arses.
    Rubbish.

Everyone on here knows I wanted a midfield signing more than anyone, but to day Gregory has done nothing about the midfield is rubbish, ignorant and shows that you can't have been watching united over preseason or so far this season. We are pressing higher up the pitch and quicker. We are moving the ball through midfield quicker, the tempo of the side is quicker in general. Failing to see that is staggeringly blind. As for the average cleverley... 90% passing success, of a massive number of passes of which a high percentage of those are in the opposing half or final third (so not easy passes)... his energy and ability on the ball have been key to this. There is a long way to go in his game, but all the signs are there.

Yeah, I wanted Fergie to sign a midfielder and I think we could suffer for him not having done so, but to say nothing has been done about the midfield issues we had last season is boll0x, whether it is enough or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

just watching the road to wembley on sky sports 2 atm, united v barca has to be one the most one sided football matches ever let alone final.

what has fergie done to combat barca's midfield sweet fu*k all, a winger, gk and a few defenders is all he got and we now have over reliance on an average young player in cleverly who's deemed as the savior our cm needs.

We can look good all we want in england and europe but the fact is if we come up against barca we are still well and truly fu*ked imo.

united fans on this thread who fail to relize this need to get there head out of their arses.

Anderson is playing well at the moment so you decided to start moaning about Cleverley now instead.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

How many siblings does conno16 have?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

just watching the road to wembley on sky sports 2 atm, united v barca has to be one the most one sided football matches ever let alone final.

Cleverly is far from average. In time he will dominate and you will squirm with embarrassment that you ever called him average.

miralize wrote: »

I heard his family reproduce due to mitosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who said that?

I agree with this, they will dominate the league if fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

God dammit, I ****ing hate international breaks.

I want my bloody proper football back!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who said that?

Can we get Cleverly on here to save the thread as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

miralize wrote: »

7... can u name them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Everyone on here knows I wanted a midfield signing more than anyone, but to say Gregory has done nothing about the midfield is rubbish, ignorant and shows that you can't have been watching united over preseason or so far this season. .

Who's Gregory!? ;):p

Who's Gregory!? ;):p

John Gregory - the real power at Old Trafford, Fergie just doesn't want you to know about it.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Could you send me on those links in a PM swell please, I'm gona order the hardback too but just would like an iBook copy too.

Thanks.

Got my copy (paperback) in Easons for €11.99,they have it as part of their promotion stock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

RasTa wrote: »
    No, actually no one said that

yes thats right you speak for everyone forgot that:rolleyes:

Bollix tbh. The majority of United fans know we need to inject money into the midfield.

il answer this with the below quote, this reflects the Naivety from some of ye on this thread.
    A midfield of Anderson, Cleverly and Fletcher would give Barca a better game than Carrick and Giggs.

Anderson is playing well at the moment so you decided to start moaning about Cleverley now instead.

its about time anderson is playing well lets hope he actually learns how to pass the ball without giving it away every 2nd or 3rd time he gets the ball , also lets hope the chubster can do it for the whole season and not just a few games, im not moaning about cleverley but you actually have people on this thread who belive he is better than average and 8 out of 10 of ye have only seeing and heard of him play this pre-season :D when clev puts in a solid display all season for united then we have to decide if he's better than average not after a handful of games.
    Plenty have supported him and said they are happy to see him get a chance to play. I was certainly encouraged by his (and the teams) start to the season.

I don't remember anyone calling him a saviour or indeed the answer to anything by himself.

Certainly don't remember anyone saying United would turn Barca over thanks to Cleverly. Actually I don't remember anyone saying United would turn Barca over.

i too am a fan of clev, just because i don't think he is better than average at this moment in time doesn't mean im getting on to him or trying to hurt some of the ignorant fans on this thread who wont let you say a bad word about anyone on the team.

i explained the savior comment was a figure of speech, but he is deemed as as the answer it obvious why else would fergie be comfortable in not signing one single cm to combat barca? and dont give me that giving there young academy a chance because barca's youth players are on another planet atm to uniteds hence the reason united buying young players rather than bringing them up from there own ranks bar welbeck and clev.
    Rubbish.

Everyone on here knows I wanted a midfield signing more than anyone, but to day Gregory has done nothing about the midfield is rubbish, ignorant and shows that you can't have been watching united over preseason or so far this season. We are pressing higher up the pitch and quicker. We are moving the ball through midfield quicker, the tempo of the side is quicker in general. Failing to see that is staggeringly blind. As for the average cleverley... 90% passing success, of a massive number of passes of which a high percentage of those are in the opposing half or final third (so not easy passes)... his energy and ability on the ball have been key to this. There is a long way to go in his game, but all the signs are there.

Yeah, I wanted Fergie to sign a midfielder and I think we could suffer for him not having done so, but to say nothing has been done about the midfield issues we had last season is boll0x, whether it is enough or not.

look your basing this of a handful of games, pre-season was played against opposition who very below par in america and a weakened Barcelona team who still dominated the game even though we won... since your banging out stats comeback to me with the pre-season possession stats of the united v barca game you'l soon see then that we struggled against a 2nd string barca team.

the point of the matter is, if we want to be the best we gotta beat the best and if we come up against barca in europe this season again its all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Can someone please start a "Manchester united are fooked" thread.

No goalie..........no midfield...........you look awful..................you`ll go far.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

when clev puts in a solid display all season for united then we have to decide if he's better than average not after a handful of games.

Lol at needing a whole season of games to decide whether a player is better than average or not. You fail at watching football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Originally Posted by RasTa viewpost.gif
    No, actually no one said that
    yes thats right you speak for everyone forgot thatrolleyes.gif

il answer this with the below quote, this reflects the Naivety from some of ye on this thread.

Anderson is playing well at the moment so you decided to start moaning about Cleverley now instead.

He does say a better game than the pairing that played the final, doesnt say they will be better than Barca's 3, which is true.
    its about time anderson is playing well lets hope he actually learns how to
    pass the ball without giving it away every 2nd or 3rd time he gets the ball , also lets hope the chubster can do it for the whole season and not just a few games, im not moaning about cleverley but you actually have people on this thread who belive he is better than average and 8 out of 10 of ye have only seeing and heard of him play this pre-season biggrin.gif when clev puts in a solid display all season for united then we have to decide if he's better than average not after a handful of games.
    If you were any type of a regular on this forum for the past couple of years you would have noticed that in fact a lot of members both watch reserve football, have seen the past 3 pre-seasons in which Tom was involved (SA, USA and USA incase you didnt know) and would have been keeping an eye on how he got on when at loan at both Watford and Wigan.

i too am a fan of clev, just because i don't think he is better than average at this moment in time doesn't mean im getting on to him or trying to hurt some of the ignorant fans on this thread who wont let you say a bad word about anyone on the team.

Whats average? Because if it is the average of a PL midfielder T-Clev is that and more, a lot more.
    i explained the savior comment was a figure of speech, but he is deemed as as the answer it obvious why else would fergie be comfortable in not signing one single cm to combat barca? and dont give me that giving there young academy a chance because barca's youth players are on another planet atm to uniteds hence the reason united buying young players rather than bringing them up from there own ranks bar welbeck and clev.

Dont make such comments unless you want to be taken in the same sensationalist light as a mr bateman
    Rubbish.

look your basing this of a handful of games, pre-season was played against opposition who very below par in america and a weakened Barcelona team who still dominated the game even though we won... since your banging out stats comeback to me with the pre-season possession stats of the united v barca game you'l soon see then that we struggled against a 2nd string barca team.

the point of the matter is, if we want to be the best we gotta beat the best and if we come up against barca in europe this season again its all over.

Tell us so, what exactly would your masterplan be to take on Barca?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Rising star: Paul Pogba pushing for Manchester United first team spot
    C_71_article_1458294_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?08%2F09%2F2011%2013%3A22%3A04%3A858
    REDS STARLET: Paul Pogba

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed how young French sensation Paul Pogba is knocking on the first team door at Old Trafford.

"Pogba's in the first-team training set-up now," he told Inside United. "So that's the first step.

"After that, it'll likely depend on when we decide to make changes. He'll probably be involved in the League Cup and that'll be his chance to establish himself in the squad."

Midfielder Pogba has been impressing in the United youth teams for a while.

Meanwhile, Chelsea have earmarked the Premier League clash with United for Didier Drogba's comeback.

The Reds take on Chelsea on Sunday September 18 and Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is hopeful Drogba will have recovered from a head injury in time for the match.

"He has to be authorised medically to make his full return to training," Villas-Boas said.

"He has been doing light sessions, of course, with our physios.

"Let's push it to the limit to try for him to be available for Man United."

Is Pogba ready to step up? Have your say.

UNLEASH THE POGBA!!

THIS IS POGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

An Arsenal Fan On His Admiration For Manchester United

keane-vieira.jpeg

As an Arsenal fan I could never respect Spurs, mainly because there is nothing to respect, but Manchester United is a different story…

As far as I’m aware, this series of articles is for fans to write about some sort of regrettable admiration for a rival. As a loyal Gooner, there’s very little to admire across North London, as ‘Arry Redknapp leans out of his car window to tell Sky Sports that he “ain’t no f**kin wheelah deelah,” and that Luka Modric “will be stayin’ ‘ere one million percent cos he’s a traffic lad.”

As the Emirates banner proudly states: “forever in our shadow,” Tottenham, despite their fans’ deluded fantasies, are not and probably never will be in my lifetime, a bigger club than The Arsenal. For all The Gunners’ current shortcomings, they still remain above the old enemy who are propping up the rear of the Premier League table. It’s some sort of reassurance that Gooners will always live by: however bad things get, Spurs will still be there to point and laugh at.

For all the local history between the sides, these days I don’t think there’s any genuine deep-down hatred of the Lilywhites; they really are something of a laughing stock, a club we enjoy poking fun at because, let’s face it, they’re of no real threat to us. In 2006 when they finally had the chance to overhaul us, they quite literally, filled their knickers.

The other historical rival has to be of course, the newly-crowned most successful club in the history of English football. I was privileged, or perhaps unfortunate enough to be at Old Trafford for the Champions’ mauling of my beloved Arsenal the other week.
    Another stick unable to beat United with is that they have ‘bought’ their success in the same way Chelsea have and Manchester City are looking set to do in the near future

I must first of all say that I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the city of Manchester for the first time, the environment was pleasant and the locals were surprisingly friendly consoling considering I was sporting my Gunners jersey. I even shared an enlightened footballing conversation over dinner later that night. But I’m here to write about the football club, not the surrounding area or minority of United fans not from South London.

You can do your best to knock 19 League titles and three European Cups amongst other honours but it’s a bit of a foolish act. The most valid accusation you can throw at Ferguson’s all-conquering teams is that they were ‘jammy.’ One could argue there is an element of luck at constantly snatching goals, and consequently vital points, at late stages of games but frankly, it can’t simply be good fortune when it occurs on such an unerringly frequent basis. As so many of the players will tell you, a never-say-die belief system is instilled early on, and the ability to keep on trucking, even when the proverbial chips are down, is one that has contributed to their haul of trophies over the last 20 years.

Another stick unable to beat Manchester United with is that they have ‘bought’ their success in the same way Chelsea have and Manchester City are looking set to do in the near future. The Champions may have spent large sums of money in the past, but not on the same outrageously unnecessary scale as the aforementioned Blues. Their billionaire owner has notoriously done more harm than good to the club, so they cannot rely on his backing like so many Premier League clubs are having to nowadays.

Any revenue generated is essentially a consequence of their supreme success on the pitch. Trophies equals prize money, which equals television and sponsorship deals which equals even more money. You get the picture; it’s a big snowball effect. Manchester United’s success has spread worldwide and they are now a global brand.
    I have far more respect for this ‘organic’ financial growth than I do for a sugar-daddy pumping his blood money into a club.

The signing of Ji-Sung Park epitomises what the club have become. Primarily, as every player should be, he was bought because of his ability as a footballer. There has been an immensely positive side-effect, however through the reaction of their ever-growing Asian fanbase, who are delighted to see ‘one of their own’ make it at the biggest club in the world. Shirt sales have been a sensational source of income, and tours of the Far East have helped United reach out to this demographic and reap further benefits. I have far more respect for this ‘organic’ financial growth than I do for a sugar-daddy pumping his blood money into a club.

They continue to compete at the top level because of a series of by-products of their unrivalled success on the pitch. Despite having spent a hefty £65m or so, United have also strengthened through the promotion of young players; particularly the likes of Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck who have returned from loan and made a terrific early impact.

As wretched as Arsenal were at Old Trafford on that quite remarkable afternoon, United were excellent and, whisper it quietly, were pretty enjoyable to watch. Wayne Rooney has returned to the form that temporarily placed him alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in the echelons of the world’s elite and the addition of Ashley Young has been inspired; as the versatile forward has added another dimension to their game and as we all know, he scored two terrific goals against the Gunners.

There seems to be more respect between the sides, including Wenger and Ferguson themselves, than there ever has been. Personally, I think it’s more a case of pity because Arsenal aren’t nearly as threatening as they were at the turn of the millennium. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss ‘the good old days’ with the titanic clashes that turned every which way, leaving every viewer completely compelled and on the edge of their seats for 90 minutes (except the drab 2005 FA Cup Final of course in which Arsenal somehow won on penalties).
    The infamous van Nistelrooy ‘penaltygate’ incident saw Martin Keown, Ray Parlour, Jens Lehmann, Lauren and Ashley Cole all punished as well as Ryan Giggs and a young Cristiano Ronaldo

Keane v Vieira going head-to-head was a battle eagerly anticipated by all, and there were always fierce characters in both camps who were up for the battle. The infamous van Nistelrooy ‘penaltygate’ incident saw Martin Keown, Ray Parlour, Jens Lehmann, Lauren and Ashley Cole all punished as well as Ryan Giggs and a young Cristiano Ronaldo. I don’t condone violence in football but it was just fantastic to watch tensions boil over in that manner. And it happened every single time the teams met.

But even amidst the intense rivalry, there really was some deep-down admiration for either side because they had kept each other on their toes. Even with Chelsea’s rise to prominence, I don’t, and never did, feel the same amount of adrenaline pumping through my blood as I did when Ferguson’s men came to North London, even if Jose Mourinho briefly threatened to become public enemy number one.

Nobody can deny that Manchester United have been consistently competing at the top end both domestically and in Europe for over two decades now. It’s an outstanding achievement considering the cyclical nature of football; how Liverpool’s dominance was replaced by Arsenal, and more recently Chelsea and Manchester City have entered the fray. Throughout each passing phase, Ferguson has kept his side at the forefront of the title race and all signs point to a prolonged stay in the future, with an exciting generation of young players now coming through.

For all their ‘social shortcomings,’ that make them hated by the rest of the country, you know, like Fergie’s punchable purple nose and the bribing of referees, there is no doubt that Manchester United are a fantastic club and one I have the utmost respect for. That is all, I’m now off to shoot myself.

Arsenal fans are lovely! :pac:

Reserves side playing against Bury in the start of their defence in the senior cup, kick off at seven on mutv

I have not read this one yet, but I'm posting just because of the 3 teams!
    'Manchester United could field three teams strong enough for the Premier League' - Mark Lawrenson believes Sir Alex Ferguson's squad remains superior to Liverpool's

Kenny Dalglish's former team-mate backs Reds to make it into the top four, but believes Chelsea are the only side capable of challenging the Manchester clubs for the title

Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson has dismissed the Reds’ title chances after learning from Manchester United striker Michael Owen that the reigning champions would have enough resources to field three Premier League teams.

Lawrenson has tipped the Anfield club to challenge for Champions League football thanks to the galvanising impact of manager Kenny Dalglish but has admitted that the Reds are not yet ready to overcome arch-rivals United, Chelsea or Manchester City this season despite a promising start to the new campaign.

“I don’t think Liverpool are ready to make a title challenge this season - that might come next season – but this time it is a big ask,” the Match of the Day pundit told Goal.com.

“I was speaking to Michael Owen the other day and he just said 'everyone says we have got two teams but you know what, with all the young players coming through we could put three teams out'.

“When I put it to him that if you fielded three teams in the Premier League the third team wouldn’t be anywhere relegation and he said 'no way'. That puts things into perspective.”

Lawrenson added: “What that shows is that United have unbelievable depth of squad and so have Man City who have world-class players – especially Sergio Aguero and Chelsea are now starting to look a bit more like it.

“We thought Roman Abramovich had lost interest and then he went out and bought Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, Raul Meireles and David Luiz and suddenly it shows he is up for it.

“Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are easily the best three and then you are talking Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham."

MANCHESTER UNITED'S THREE POSSIBLE XIs

143593.jpg143594.jpg143595.jpg

Lawrenson, who helped Liverpool to the summits of English and European football during his trophy-laden playing days, is certain that Dalglish’s return to the Anfield manager’s office following the dismissal of Roy Hodgson has been responsible for the upturn in fortunes.

“What has happened is that Roy Hodgson just did not fit for whatever reason and you can have all sorts of theories but sometimes with a new manager it just doesn’t work and the same applies to new players,” said Lawrenson.

“I think they [Liverpool’s owners] thought about Kenny and they weren’t too sure insofar as he has been out of it for a long time and I think what they missed is that I don’t think there is anyone who watches as much football as him.

“He wasn’t out of step or out of tune or anything like that and I think that straight away it was shown to be a perfect fit. All the punters were on board straight away as soon as ‘King Kenny’ came back.

“So there was a feel-good surge and once he started dealing in the transfer market and they saw the players that he bought, all of a sudden they can see that they are soon going to be challenging for a spot in the Champions League again.”

Lawrenson was impressed with the business conducted by Dalglish in the summer transfer window which saw the likes of Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam arrive on Merseyside while players such as Joe Cole, Christian Poulsen and David Ngog left.

“I think that relatively if you do the maths with Liverpool in terms of outlay and income I think he has done really well,” Lawrenson said.

“The other thing is that he has got people like Alberto Aquilani and Joe Cole off the wage bill and he has got money for Christian Poulsen and good money for David Ngog, so in terms of the money that he has got back it all helps.

“But you have to factor in the fact that you have to bed the new players in and he has to come up with who he thinks would be the best XI on a regular basis, although I know that will change depending on the opposition.

“That is a big ask as yet. They are going to have hiccups and the second half against Sunderland at home was one. At times they looked as though they had just met in the dressing room which obviously most of them had.”

Match of the Day's Mark Lawrenson has taken a break from his television duties to help create the world’s only personalised football commentary app, ‘Create A Commentary With Mark Lawrenson'.

Lawro and BBC commentator Mick Lowes have recorded thousands of lines of commentary and hundreds of first names, surnames and teams. The app lets you select personalised options and then plays you a fake but authentic sounding football commentary where you play for your choice of team and score the winning goal. To download click here

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/09/08/2654740/manchester-united-could-field-three-teams-that-would-survive

Jesse Lingaard gone off with an injured knee/ankle after a nasty looking challenge. Replaced by Blackett.

Pogba is a great looking prospect be he is still very obviously a young and inexperienced player. On the ball he can be great. However, he has a tendency to stay on it a bit too much at times, which could be as a result of not feeling threatened when on the ball at reserve/youth level - at senior level he might use it quicker more consistently. Also, his positioning defensively and general work levels defensively needs a good bit of work. The positioning and use of the ball will obviously improve, as he has plenty of time ahead of him, but from a first team perspective he is a long way from forcing his way in, imo, and people shouldn't be expecting him to burst on to the scene and make a position his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

adox wrote: »
    Can someone please start a "Manchester united are fooked" thread.

No goalie..........no midfield...........you look awful..................you`ll go far.:)

Actually, that might be a good kitkat ad! Remember those ads from the 80s and early 90s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

killwill wrote: »
    Actually, that might be a good kitkat ad! Remember those ads from the 80s and early 90s?

That was my inspiration. :)

• Advertisement

Pogba is a great looking prospect be he is still very obviously a young and inexperienced player. On the ball he can be great. However, he has a tendency to stay on it a bit too much at times, which could be as a result of not feeling threatened when on the ball at reserve/youth level - at senior level he might use it quicker more consistently. Also, his positioning defensively and general work levels defensively needs a good bit of work. The positioning and use of the ball will obviously improve, as he has plenty of time ahead of him, but from a first team perspective he is a long way from forcing his way in, imo, and people shouldn't be expecting him to burst on to the scene and make a position his own.

Mitch, what would you know? You couldn't have ever seen him play, he has not broken into the first team yet!!!

When I heard people saying he should be breaking in to the first team this year I thought they were mad, I don't want to see a young lad come through too early and get a rough time, ruining his confidence. But it will be great to see if he plays in the league cup and see how he handles the big stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

VW 1 wrote: »
    Jesse Lingaard gone off with an injured knee/ankle after a nasty looking challenge. Replaced by Blackett.

Stream here if anyone is interested: http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/82610/1/watch-man-utd-reserves-vs-bury-reserves.html
    United leading 2-0 atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It's well and truly September at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mitch, what would you know? You couldn't have ever seen him play, he has not broken into the first team yet!!!

My sarcasm detector is still damaged so not really sure if you are being sarcastic here.

In case you're not...are you ****ting me?!

mars bar wrote: »
    My sarcasm detector is still damaged so not really sure if you are being sarcastic here.

Of course I am, I was messing about after MUFCBOY1999s comment on the previous page.

Ah now marsy, ya can't be serious :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think I need a break from the internet.

Plus 1 on that one :p

Haha. Whenever you think something might be sarcastic PM someone in here for advice on your next post. :L

How do you go about getting an email address that you can use to register for RedCafe can anyone tell me?

Blatter wrote: »
    How do you go about getting an email address that you can use to register for RedCafe can anyone tell me?

Think you need to go to your ISP website and sign up for an email address with them. Pretty sure you will need your customer number to register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pogba to start tomorrow against Bolton now so ya:p

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Think you need to go to your ISP website and sign up for an email address with them. Pretty sure you will need your customer number to register.

Ugh. Any easier ways around it?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I used my work email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Harsh on Bolton, beaten before the whistle even blows

edit

Pogba, speaking to French magazine 10 Foot whilst away on international duty, feels he is getting closer to realising a dream of playing at the top level.

"Every day I’m aiming for the first team," he stressed. "Sir Alex gave me confidence by picking me for the pre-season game against Marseille in August. So I know I’m on the right track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Don't bother I don't think they are promoting people anymore from newbie forum .

Can't wait for this match. Feels like I haven't watch United in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I don't believe in molly coddling young players too much. You have to make a sink or swim decision at some point, so it will be good if he does play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

When I heard people saying he should be breaking in to the first team this year I thought they were mad, I don't want to see a young lad come through too early and get a rough time, ruining his confidence. But it will be great to see if he plays in the league cup and see how he handles the big stage.

If only you's had a manager with a bit of experience in determining the right time for the Academy lads to make the break through to the first team...:pac:

RasTa wrote: »
    I used my work email
    Don't bother I don't think they are promoting people anymore from newbie forum .

I won't bother then, no hassle.

Match thread here btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Headshot wrote: »
    Harsh on Bolton, beaten before the whistle even blows

edit

:confused::confused:

where do some people get ideas?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement