Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

United usually start the season off slowly, then pick up the pace after Christmas.

I'd kinda gotten used to that.

Definitely prefer this type of a start though, to be honest. I'm even looking forward to the group stages of the Champions League now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Phil Jones at 19 years of age is as close to a defensive Messi as you'll ever see.

We've got an absolute monster of a player there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

keane2097 wrote: »
    Phil Jones at 19 years of age is as close to a defensive Messi as you'll ever see.

quite hard to see a weakness in his game.

quite hard to see a weakness in his game.

The main problem with Jones is that he's not an international player.

Yet!

Yet!

U21 count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yet!

Dont think Fergie will mind if that stays the same :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Goal crazy this season. Lovin it!

U21 count?

There's a hidden bit in my post if you look a bit closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

In before Baitman...

DDG was an absolute beast today...He's looking as good as VDS in his distribution.. His contribution to our 4th goal was brilliant.. He looks more sure footed and much better at crosses against a very physical bolton side..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ya know something,I fúcking love Manchester United.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yet!

Which I see as a good thing, less chance of picking up an injury if he's not away on international duty.

There's a hidden bit in my post if you look a bit closer!

I posted and saw afterwards, was too lazy to edit!
    goddevil wrote: »
    In before Baitman...

DDG was an absolute beast today...He's looking as good as VDS in his distribution.. His contribution to our 4th goal was brilliant.. He looks more sure footed and much better at crosses against a very physical bolton side..

He didnt have much to do in fairness. Played the sweeper role well and again we see his distribution was great. Looked ok under the 1 or 2 crosses as he punched clear and made a decent save but wasnt really tested much.

Great result today especially when you compare it to the same fixture last season. Hernandez comes back and bags two, some player. Rooney is really looking like he's in the best shape of his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Javier Hernandez. Second season syndrome?

LOL

so what are we going complain about this week seems like our Latino goalie had a good game?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The best thing about watching UTD so far this season, besides the passing, floods of goals and genral quality is the team spirit.

Everybody seems to be smiling and really enjoying the football and representing the club. They young players all look like friends as well as team mates.

You can't underestimate how important this is. They will feel invincible as a team right now. I can't remember seeing a UTD team with such a good team spirit, even the treble squad. Today was almost telepathic.

With Young, Rooney, Jones, Cleverly, Carrick and Rio going to the England camp together it can only get better. Time will tell how good this squad is but the future looks bright.

The big test of that though comes in adversity. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

He didnt have much to do in fairness. Played the sweeper role well and again we see his distribution was great. Looked ok under the 1 or 2 crosses as he punched clear and made a decent save but wasnt really tested much.

True.. But you can only beat what's in front of you.. He didn't make any mistakes and he can only get better with experience.. All the signs are there which is why it would've been mad to play AL or PIG today instead of DDG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

While I was looking at RAWK there for an oul giggle after their horrible day, I actually came across a good point.

It's basically that Barca's brilliant passing in the CL final has got to Fergie, so he must have United doing loads and loads of one touch small area passing drills to help them get to that level.

I actually think this mightn't be far off the mark. It's been years since I seen our one touch football and passing in tight areas look so crisp and fluid. And maybe he's identified Anderson and Cleverly as the best players to perform these tasks.

keane2097 wrote: »

I've said it before, I've actually never seen a 19 year old defender that is so accomplished. It's insane.

Anderson was pretty damn good again, he really is coming into his own this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Roughly how long will Cleverly be out for if he does have a broken foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    While I was looking at RAWK there for an oul giggle after their horrible day, I actually came across a good point.

It's basically that Barca's brilliant passing in the CL final has got to Fergie, so he must have United doing loads and loads of one touch small area passing drills to help them get to that level.

I actually think this mightn't be far off the mark. It's been years since I seen our one touch football and passing in tight areas look so crisp and fluid. And maybe he's identified Anderson and Cleverly as the best players to perform these tasks.

Davies put paid to that partnership early on. How was that not a yellow card, tackle from behind and mangled the player.

Wayne Rooney has more goals than every other team in the Premier League, apart from City.

Nicely sums up his start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

What a great performance that was.

I wonder if he didn't get injured would Fergie have started T Clev against Chelsea? Guess we wont know. Hope the lad isn't too badly injured.

Jones was otherworldly today. When I saw Smalling coming on I was full sure Fergie was going to push Jones up into midfield. I think he could really do a great job in front of the back 4 if we were stuck.

That game wont do DDG any harm either. Had a couple of saves to make and looked really composed passing it around at the back. You could see the confidence the defenders had in him today with the amount of times they exchanged passes.

The Chelsea game will be interesting now. Wonder will we line out with 2 up top or just Wazza on his own...

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney has more goals than every other team in the Premier League, apart from City.

Nicely sums up his start.

What are you referring to there? Every other teams what? :confused:

Quandary wrote: »
    What a great performance that was.

I wonder if he didn't get injured would Fergie have started T Clev against Chelsea? Guess we wont know. Hope the lad isn't too badly injured.

Jones was otherworldly today. When I saw Smalling coming on I was full sure Fergie was going to push Jones up into midfield. I think he could really do a great job in front of the back 4 if we were stuck.

That game wont do DDG any harm either. Had a couple of saves to make and looked really composed passing it around at the back. You could see the confidence the defenders had in him today with the amount of times they exchanged passes.

The Chelsea game will be interesting now. Wonder will we line out with 2 up top or just Wazza on his own...

Why wouldn't we line out with 2 up top against them? We beat them 3 times at the back end of last season with 2 up top.

We're playing better than ever now, why would we even consider changing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

DDG migh not have had much to do but he did everything he had to well and most importantly it will be a major confidence boost for him. I reckon improved confidence will do wonders for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I knew Phil Jones was a spartan and wrecking ball when at Blackburn, but I have been absolutely shocked at how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet. His lung bursting run that set up our 2nd goal had me on my feet, the guy is fast becoming one of my favourite players. And the fact that I just said that is absolutely mental.

In other news, Chicharito mi amoré.

Also, Wayne Rooney for Ballon D'Or.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Don't know if it's been posted, but Ryan Tunnicliffe got man of the match for Peterborough today despite them losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

so what are we going complain about this week seems like our Latino goalie had a good game?:p

His counterpart for Bolton despite having played over 500 games in the Premier League looked a bag of nerves and made more mistakes in one game than De Gea did in his previous 3. Sean Bateman is very quiet this evening.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Roughly how long will Cleverly be out for if he does have a broken foot?

I really hope he hasn't, it's the one rain cloud that came along today. I may be wrong, but if he has a broken Metatarsal he might be out for 8 weeks minimum. Worse case scenario, he could be out for 12-16 weeks. Recovery is very much down to the individual and which metatarsal bone he broke. So lets hope he has no break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'd almost certainly put money on certain posters not even turning up in here this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

@themichaelowen michael owen
    Any kids out there - watch the movement for Hernandez's first goal. That's how to lose a defender in the box. #class

1767d1312329854-ask-me-lowrider-sti-funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme-jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Rooney was immence tonight. Not just his goals but his passing and tracking back. The bit where he cleared off the line showed unbelievable determination. Motm imo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    DDG migh not have had much to do but he did everything he had to well and most importantly it will be a major confidence boost for him. I reckon improved confidence will do wonders for him

Was one thing I thought he could have done better think klasnic had a shot he made a good save for it but he prob should have put it out for a corner .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Was one thing I thought he could have done better think klasnic had a shot he made a good save for it but he prob should have put it out for a corner .
    Considering the way they were gonna be going after him at corners, I thought he did the right thing getting it as far away from goal as possible imo.

Tom Cleverley - "Angry right now, I want everyone to know I got no apology from Kevin Davies! Season could be over and received no apology."

Could miss the rest of the season with a broken foot? Really?

And fuck you Kevin Davies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

**** kevin davies

Blatter wrote: »
    Tom Cleverley - "Angry right now, I want everyone to know I got no apology from Kevin Davies! Season could be over and received no apology."

Could miss the rest of the season with a broken foot? Really?

And fuck you Kevin Davies.

Sure Davies is such an idiot he didn't think it was even a free-kick.

He probably thinks its nothing different to what he does every week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Steady on.

We were very lucky to beat West Brom and Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton were a rabble. Let's see what happens when we come up against top class opposition (e.g. Barca, City or Chelsea).
    zerks wrote: »
    His counterpart for Bolton despite having played over 500 games in the Premier League looked a bag of nerves and made more mistakes in one game than De Gea did in his previous 3. Sean Bateman is very quiet this evening.

Good to see the clowns up to their usual tricks...thanking each other's ludicrous posts and patting each other on the back 'cause of how good their beloved "Man U" look right now. Heaven help anyone who questions Fergie's judgement. Heaven help anyone who criticises a United player.

De Gea basically had nothing to do today...his performance neither proves nor disproves anyone's contentions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Steady on.

We were very lucky to beat West Brom and Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton were a rabble. Let's see what happens when we come up against top class opposition (e.g. Barca, City or Chelsea).

Good to see the clowns up to their usual tricks...thanking each other's ludicrous posts and patting each other on the back 'cause of how good their beloved "Man U" look right now. Heaven help anyone who questions Fergie's judgement. Heaven help anyone who criticises a United player.

De Gea basically had nothing to do today...his performance neither proves nor disproves anyone's contentions.

Seconds out....... DING DING DING.......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Steady on.

Not our problem what state Spurs and Arsenal are in, all i see is two tough fixtures played and 6 points gained from. ;)

Ah feck it the evening was going so well and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Steady on.

Will you give it a break ffs or change the record:mad: He had an incident free game and you're still pissing and moaning about it. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

He had an incident free game and you're still pissing and moaning about it. :confused:

Think De Gea gave the ball away once from a clearance, should cut our losses and sell him tbh. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Jesus Christ Bateman, Why are you a united supporter when you cant enjoy a fcuking win..

If a United supporter cant be happy with winning 3-2, 2-1, 3-0, 8-2 and 5-0 in last 5 games he/she never will be happy.

Dont forget 3 of those teams will more likely be in top 6 this season (City, Arsenal and Spurs)...

Man this is good as it gets, lets enjoy it and fcuk the moaners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Will you give it a break ffs or change the record:mad: He had an incident free game and you're still pissing and moaning about it. :confused:

Who's moaning?

He'd little to do in the game so it's a "nothing" in the "is David De Gea a bad signing" debate.

I find certain people's ludicrous overreactions to our start to the season pretty funny though (and no that's not the same as castigating DDG for his horrendous start to the season).

Get some perspective...We've played three teams who've been disgraceful rabbles and West Brom who we were lucky to beat.

I expect a tit for tat season with City and ourselves going right to the wire. Could genuinely go either way.

As for Europe, I expect Barca to humiliate us again because Fergie's done nothing to strengthen our midfield. The usual suspects are frothing at the mouth at the Anderson/Cleverley combo but it's hard to see how a guy who's historically been an unreliable waster and a callow youth are gonna change the outcome against Barca.

But then we're talking about United fans and the people that lurk in these threads..."we're Man U and nobody can live with us. We're the biggest club in the world and Fergie never makes mistakes. Anderson and Danny Wellbeck are obviously much better than Xavi and Messi."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Steady on.

Em, well didn't we play City in a competitive Charity Shield and we're excellent against them also. How we're we lucky to beat Spurs? We we're top class in that second half.

I haven't jumped on any of your posts before because I think it makes it more interesting to have a bit of debate even if your DDG views are a bit OTT. But now I'm thinking you're a WUM. And a bad one at that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement