Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

Even as Pool fan I have to admire (grudgingly :p) uniteds (and citys) start this season. The attacking football is ruthless.

Bateman is either super pessimistic and critical or seriously pulling the píss !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Good to see the clowns up to their usual tricks...thanking each other's ludicrous posts and patting each other on the back 'cause of how good their beloved "Man U" look right now. Heaven help anyone who questions Fergie's judgement. Heaven help anyone who criticises a United player.

The fact that you even think that's an insult just shows how little you know. I suppose you're one of the poor misguided souls that thinks "Man U" comes from "Maunre" and therefore should be seen as an insult to United fans. You're showing childishness and ignorance all at once, well done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Bateman, Why are you a united supporter when you cant enjoy a fcuking win..
    If a United supporter cant be happy with winning 3-2, 2-1, 3-0, 8-2 and 5-0 in last 5 games he/she never will be happy.

Dont forget 3 of those teams will more likely be in top 6 this season (City, Arsenal and Spurs)...

Man this is good as it gets, lets enjoy it and fcuk the moaners.

You can be an ostrich with your head in the sand and revel in beating shambolic teams.

Or you can stand back and analyse the opposition we've faced and will face. Barca will still do to us what we're doing to teams in the Premiership. And City haven't gone away you know.

Our greatest weakness for the last three or four seasons has been our midfield and nothing's been done to improve it. Fergie's a legend obviously but not doing anything tangible to improve our midfield is bad management and indicative of stubborness.

Looking like Barca against joke teams might be opium for the ignorant masses but anyone with half a brain and a nose for these things knows that things haven't changed for the better (in the quest to slay the Catalan dragon).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Lol

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Em, well didn't we play City in a competitive Charity Shield and we're excellent against them also. How we're we lucky to beat Spurs? We we're top class in that second half.

I haven't jumped on any of your posts before because I think it makes it more interesting to have a bit of debate even if your DDG views are a bit OTT. But now I'm thinking you're a WUM. And a bad one at that

I meant that we were lucky to beat West Brom...and Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton were rabbles.

I'm genuinely not a WUM. Yes it's been a great start to the season points wise and yes you can only beat what's put in front of you. I just don't want us to get carried away with these four games. The goalie looks dodgy and I genuinely don't think that the midfield issue has been sorted at all.

And as for that idiotic observation re "Man U/manure", of course I don't think that the term "Man U" is an insult. I just think it's an idiotic phrase used by faux fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

As for Europe, I expect Barca to humiliate us again because Fergie's done nothing to strengthen our midfield.

They are better than us but can be beaten with the right tactics and formation which hopefully we might get right sometime.Football ability wise they are almost flawless but no team is unbeatable.

The usual suspects are frothing at the mouth at the Anderson/Cleverley combo

This is bollix. 95% of the fans in here wanted Giggs and Carrick in a 2 against Barca and the few of us who disagreed were ridiculed.We won't beat Barca with a 2 but a 3 with the right tactics would give us a better chance, no ?
    Pace and energy is one of the things we lacked...

Let's worry about Barca next time we meet anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

And as for that idiotic observation re "Man U/manure", of course I don't think that the term "Man U" is an insult. I just think it's an idiotic phrase used by faux fans.

And why are you referring to us as faux fans? Are we not doing the exact same thing as you, watching games then coming on here to share our observations? Being optimistic and positive doesn't make us "faux"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

You can be an ostrich with your head in the sand and revel in beating shambolic teams.

Or you can stand back and analyse the opposition we've faced and will face.

God Football must suck for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man the Chelsea game cant come fast enough

Would be a great start if we could scalp Chelsea too, 3 top teams in 5 games would be nice. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I honestly think some people would only stop complaining if United won every single game in every competition by 4 clear goals.

Even then they'd probably bítch about the colour of the jersey or that time that Anderson didn't pick the ball up from the keeper, dribble past every player on the pitch twice and stick it in the net by flicking it over the line with his tongue.

United had a tough start to the season and have been excellent. There are a few more tricky games on the way and when points are dropped, I dread to see the shít storm in here. This is about as good as it can possibly get from a football team. 20 years of being top dogs in England. 4 leagues in 5 seasons. One of the greatest ever British players at his peak in Wayne Rooney. A bunch of exciting kids, the likes of which have not been seen since 1992. Yet some people talk about United as if they were struggling. Reasoned criticism is of course acceptable. I have done it myself plenty of times. But there is very little to complain about in the past 5 years.

Honestly I don't know what sort of idiocy will be typed here when Ferguson retires. Enjoy the fact that the greatest manager we will ever see is still at United whilst we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People, you if you really want to respond to people, you could do something like @PHB rather than quote him, that way, I can skip it :)

5-0 in an away game against Bolton. Pretty ****ing happy. Remember away games last season?

Very annoyed about Cleverely, out for 3 months now, with Fletcher only just back in time. Very light still in the middle, expect to see Gibson starting sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Sean Bateman is nothing compared to one aul fella down in my local. He has supported Utd his whole life, but hates Ferguson with a passion, I mean hates him. Calls him the cancer of Man Utd and shouts abuse at him when he is interviewed on the telly, quite funny really, he has a big Belfast accent on him. According to him Fergie is dragging the club down and has survived on luck. When someone points out the fantastic success he has had he says that it wasn't enough and that a better manager would have Utd on the level of Barca, ie near unbeatable and playing with a much better style (haven't watched a game with him this season so maybe he has changed his tune on that point). Over the years he would actually get angry when Utd did well because that would perpetuate the "cancer of Sir Bollocks at the club I love" (which tbf he does, he has tons of stuff from over the 50 years he has supported them).

So I don't think Bateman is a wind up merchant, some people have views that I just don't understand and seem lacking in logic. Just leave them be!

PHB wrote: »
    People, you if you really want to respond to people, you could do something like @PHB rather than quote him, that way, I can skip it :)

Who gives a fook who you have on ignore ?
    The snide cráp in here is pathetic at times and i only wish the mods acted on it.
    You don't like his posts and have him on ignore, good for you. Why does anyone else need to know that ? :rolleyes:

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Sean Bateman is nothing compared to one aul fella down in my local. He has supported Utd his whole life, but hates Ferguson with a passion, I mean hates him. Calls him the cancer of Man Utd and shouts abuse at him when he is interviewed on the telly, quite funny really, he has a big Belfast accent on him. According to him Fergie is dragging the club down and has survived on luck. When someone points out the fantastic success he has had he says that it wasn't enough and that a better manager would have Utd on the level of Barca, ie near unbeatable and playing with a much better style (haven't watched a game with him this season so maybe he has changed his tune on that point). Over the years he would actually get angry when Utd did well because that would perpetuate the "cancer of Sir Bollocks at the club I love" (which tbf he does, he has tons of stuff from over the 50 years he has supported them).

So I don't think Bateman is a wind up merchant, some people have views that I just don't understand and seem lacking in logic. Just leave them be!

First name Sean by any chance???

Over the years he would actually get angry when Utd did well because that would perpetuate the "cancer of Sir Bollocks at the club I love" (which tbf he does, he has tons of stuff from over the 50 years he has supported them).

That's why I'd rather poke my eyes out than watch a match in a pub. Every pub has some goon like that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Very annoyed about Cleverely, out for 3 months now, with Fletcher only just back in time. Very light still in the middle, expect to see Gibson starting sometime soon.

Brutal tackle that deserved a booking. I thought it was a just a bad sprain but not broken and out for that lenght of time :eek:. That is a blow for the team and Cleverely himself. I just hope he gets back quicker then expected.

Great to see Hernandez back and scoring goals today.

One thing i learned about boards over the years i won't always agree with opinions on Manutd from posters. I've learned not to bite, ignore it and move on. I usually do this when reading a silly post and this > :D when someone post a stupid post, looking for attention probably and has probably never kicked a ball in their life either.

Chico looked as sharp today as ever...best 6 million we ever spent

Blatter wrote: »
    Tom Cleverley - "Angry right now, I want everyone to know I got no apology from Kevin Davies! Season could be over and received no apology."

Have you got a link to that or is a quote from someone on Twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think if Fletcher plays the full 90 on Tuesday without a problem then he should probably start against Chelsea, I don't really understand why he wasn't on the bench today tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Even before the dirty tackle today, I didnt like him alot but now I ****ing hate the man, he's a sorry excuse for a player.

Chico looked as sharp today as ever...best 6 million we ever spent

Vidic and Evra were around that too i think. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Vanbis wrote: »

It's off cleverleys Facebook

d22ontour wrote: »
    95% of the fans in here wanted Giggs and Carrick in a 2 against Barca and the few of us who disagreed were ridiculed

Probably by the usual clowns who think that everything in the United garden is rosy. They're now frothing at the mouth about Anderson because we've put a few shambolic sides to the sword.

Intelligence and logic seem to go out the window when the clique that think they run this thread get involved.
    People, you if you really want to respond to people, you could do something like @PHB rather than quote him, that way, I can skip it

Sticking other posters on an "ignore list" is childish and moronic. As is constantly going on about it. I find the views of plenty of posters utterly pathetic and ridiculous but they still make the tapestry that is this thread just that little bit more interesting.
    Sean Bateman is nothing compared to one aul fella down in my local. So I don't think Bateman is a wind up merchant, some people have views that I just don't understand and seem lacking in logic. Just leave them be!

My views are logical. They just don't sit well with the "everything is rosy in the United garden" merchants who lap up hidings dished out to mickey mouse sides while fundamental issues in the team they claim to love remain ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/875071-tom-cleverley-injury-overshadows-manchester-united-win-at-bolton

It was said on his official facebook page.

Headshot wrote: »
    Even before the dirty tackle today, I didnt like him alot but now I ****ing hate the man, he's a sorry excuse for a player.

He tried to snap Evra's ankle aswell. Second time in a week Evra was lucky not to break it.

A bit immature of Cleverley to put that in the public sphere. I agree he should be píssed off, but some things don't belong in public.

A bit immature of Cleverley to put that in the public sphere. I agree he should be píssed off, but some things don't belong in public.

Usually i'd agree but at the moment I think Davies deserves all the negative press that he gets tbh.

Why not ? He is entitled to speak his mind about subjects the rest of us have no qualms posting about, as long as nothing derogatory is used i don't see the problem tbh.

• Advertisement

@DoronSalomon: 77% pass completion for a goalkeeper is exceptional - De Gea showing how good he is with a ball at his feet too (44 out of 57 passes)”

Impressive for a keeper.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Holy **** 5-0.

I did not expect that at all. I figured the international break was going to slow down United's momentum and give Bolton time to re-group after two losses on the spin.

5 goals and a clean after last seasons away form, I couldn't have dreamed it.

Great to have Rio back.

Chico's first was a great run and set up the win but Rooney and Rio getting back on the line to stop Bolton was very important. Two games in a row where at 1-0, United players did something big to defend the lead (DDG peno save last time)

I didn't get to see the second half as I had to travel to an anniversary mass but I will watch it tomorrow.

I hope Cleverly recovers quickly.

Looking forward to Wednesday now.

d22ontour wrote: »
    Why not ? He is entitled to speak his mind about subjects the rest of us have no qualms posting about, as long as nothing derogatory is used i don't see the problem tbh.

It creates a needless shítstorm and could create bad feeling in the return game. The rest of us are not professional footballers. So what the rest of us do is of little concern. It reminds me of the things that Arsenal players come out with in public.

There is no need for it really.

It creates a needless shítstorm and could create bad feeling in the return game. The rest of us are not professional footballers. So what the rest of us do is of little concern. It reminds me of the things that Arsenal players come out with in public.

There is no need for it really.

Fook that. He is young and immature but he finally gets a chance at Manutd after years of going out on loan, playing well and breaks into the England squad. A disgracful tackle and his season could be over or best part of it. The adrelnalin and anger was probably in full swing hearing the bad news. He is fully intitled to be angry and vent his anger IMO.

Davies was going on about how he was going to rough United up. Clev was restrained if that all he said.

Fook that. He is young and immature but he finally gets a chance at Manutd after years of going out on loan, playing well and breaks into the England squad. A disgracful tackle and his season could be over or best part of it. The adrelnalin and anger was probably in full swing hearing the bad news. He is fully intitled to be angry and vent his anger IMO.

You did see where I said "A bit immature of Cleverley to put that in the public sphere." I doubt Ferguson will be too impressed when he finds out.

I don't care if the adrenaline was pumping. I'm just saying that I think it was an immature thing to do. He'll learn to keep things like that within the club.

In other words, perfectly fine to say it. But don't say it in the public sphere.

• Advertisement

+1

This Twitter and Facebook nonsense (a la Rory McIlroy or Joey Barton) just makes the relevant individuals look ridiculous and lacking in class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

My views are logical. They just don't sit well with the "everything is rosy in the United garden" merchants who lap up hidings dished out to mickey mouse sides while fundamental issues in the team they claim to love remain ignored.

What are these issues you belive are being ignored? Im not stirring i honestly havnt been on here in a few weeks so i dunno what your talking about.

I don't care if the adrenaline was pumping. I'm just saying that I think it was an immature thing to do. He'll learn to keep things like that within the club.

If he did say it, he was just lashing out. I honestly find it hard to believe that he would post something like that up so quick too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake account.

If he did say it, he was just lashing out. I honestly find it hard to believe that he would post something like that up so quick too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake account.

I think my point is being missed here. If he did do it, I am saying it is immature to lash out like that in public. I don't have an issue with his thoughts. I am saying that a professional footballer should avoid the publicity that comes with such statements. It is not very mature or professional to say it in public.

Also, I'm sure he has an iPhone, Blackberry etc. It would not be that difficult to post something quickly.

It's been confirmed as legit before .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭irish_man

Stupid last night of the poms!!! MOTD was supposed to start 7 minutes ago!!! :mad:

It's been confirmed as legit before .

Ok i didn't know that. I thought they all used twitter.

I think my point is being missed here. If he did do it, I am saying it is immature to lash out like that in public. I don't have an issue with his thoughts. I am saying that a professional footballer should avoid the publicity that comes with such statements. It is not very mature or professional to say it in public.

Also, I'm sure he has an iPhone, Blackberry etc. It would not be that difficult to post something quickly.

I think in this instance it will do no harm to highlight the thuggish behavior of Kevin Davies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Tom Cleverley's profile picture is him holding up a formal piece of paper confirming it is his Facebook account.

I think his reaction is perfectly normal and it's nice to know that there are perfectly normal footballers out there! Davies went out there with no intention to play football and did damage.

What are these issues you belive are being ignored? Im not stirring i honestly havnt been on here in a few weeks so i dunno what your talking about.

Our midfield...relative to the rest of the outfield squad, we're still weak in that area.

We were murdered by Barca in midfield back in 2009 and still nothing's been done about it...in the interim they've given us the runaround again.

Are Match of the Day taking the Piss with the starting titles?

They display a newspaper with Liverpool 18 Titles, Man Utd 19. They have the welcome to Manchester Sign with Joe Hart followed by Rooney's over head flying past him. Someone working on the titles is a United fan who likes subtle digs or I am reading WAY too much into it.

Our midfield...relative to the rest of the outfield squad, we're still weak in that area.

So you dont think that a squad midfield of: Anderson, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia, Nani, Young, Park, Cleverly, and Gibson are good enough for a Top flight European side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

So you dont think that a squad midfield of: Anderson, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia, Nani, Young, Park, Cleverly, and Gibson are good enough for a Top flight European side?

Oh this should be good........

alproctor wrote: »
    Oh this should be good........

:confused: should i not ask this question?

Someone posted...

Fletcher----
    Cleverley Anderson 'didn't include'
    Nani Rooney Young

How about...

Jones----
    Cleverley Anderson
    Nani Rooney Young

It might work. :D

Pace and energy. :p

• Advertisement