Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

So you dont think that a squad midfield of: Anderson, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia, Nani, Young, Park, Cleverly, and Gibson are good enough for a Top flight European side?

Oh dear God...

When most people say "midfielders", they don't mean wingers...they mean central midfielders (i.e. people who play "in the middle of the field").

Our midfield was destroyed by Barca in '09 and it was destroyed again this year. If Barca are the aim, then something should have been done.

Michael Carrick isn't good enough and Giggs can't be expected to keep carrying the can. As for the rest, who knows? We need a midfielder (or even midfielders) who are world class right now.

EDIT: Just saw that you cited Darron Gibson...Jesus Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

:confused: should i not ask this question?

Sorry martin, all shall become apparent in time. It's a valid question, and I, for one, agree with you....
    Other members, however, will give you a different answer............... :rolleyes:

told ya..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Had to laugh at SAF there on motd when asked about Cleverleys injury, he looked like he was about to explode, and then calmed down and said "it was a bad tackle". :)

Gibbo is better with crosses than JC..... :D:D:D

:confused: should i not ask this question?

Hi Martin

Just to clarify, I'm not having a go at you.

I just don't think that our midfield's up to scratch relative to the rest of our outfield (i.e. defence, wingers and forwards).

Phil Jones is ridiculously good though. Once Vidic is back it could be bye bye Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Oh dear God...

When most people say "midfielders", they don't mean wingers...they mean central midfielders (i.e. people who play "in the middle of the field").

Our midfield was destroyed by Barca in '09 and it was destroyed again this year. If Barca are the aim, then something should have been done.

Michael Carrick isn't good enough and Giggs can't be expected to keep carrying the can. As for the rest, who knows? We need a midfielder (or even midfielders) who are world class right now.

Right so because Manchester United were well beaten by Barcalona twice in recent years then you feel that the midlfield is weak? Barcalona are one team. One very good team. Whos main strength is there vibrant Midfield.
    I agree they spanked us twice. Totally out played us in the middle. I dont see what the problem is. I feel that our squad is good enough to win the League this year and i feel they are good enough to have a good crack at the CL this year.
    Personally i think your too negative about the team. Our midlield isnt as strong as Barcalonas but then again no midfield in the world is. But thats ok because we will be at the pointy end of things come the end of the season.

And yes i cited Darron Gibson because he is a midfielder. That is all.

EDIT: I know your not having a go at me you have your opinion and thats cool. I just dont get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

SK1979 wrote: »
    Had to laugh at SAF there on motd when asked about Cleverleys injury, he looked like he was about to explode, and then calmed down and said "it was a bad tackle". :)

Haha yeah there was about 5 seconds there of silence where I'm sure he was thinking about Kevin Davies and what he'd like to do to him. Paul Robinson too, another hatchet man. I'm bracing myself for the next trip to the Reebok and what player is gonna limp away from it.

Just watching MOTD tonight, Phil Jones actually looks like he's been playing for us for about 10 years. He has the composure of a veteran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Right so because Manchester United were well beaten by Barcalona twice in recent years then you feel that the midlfield is weak? Barcalona are one team. One very good team. Whos main strength is there vibrant Midfield.
    I agree they spanked us twice. Totally out played us in the middle. I dont see what the problem is. I feel that our squad is good enough to win the League this year and i feel they are good enough to have a good crack at the CL this year.
    Personally i think your too negative about the team. Our midlield isnt as strong as Barcalonas but then again no midfield in the world is. But thats ok because we will be at the pointy end of things come the end of the season.

EDIT: I know your not having a go at me you have your opinion and thats cool. I just dont get it.

I look at our midfielders and analyse them as follows:

Giggs - 37 and a legend but 37 nonetheless. Obviously a clever player who's seen it all before but he's not a midfielder and his head has to be somewhat gone after his public humiliation during the summer.

Carrick - A joke in my view. Adds nothing to the team. A flat track bully. Can look brilliant against poor opposition when he's given acres of space and time to pick out passes. But his poor technique catches up with him against good sides when he looks very very ordinary.

Fletcher - Technically limited but as honest as the day is long. Will run all day. Is he a good player? Yes. Is he a great player? Absolutely not. Good as a "dog of war" in a midfield three but doesn't bring enough to the party in a two.

Anderson - You either love him or hate him. I hate him. Unreliable, unprofessional, injury prone and overrated. Somewhat of a sacred cow for a lot of people, especially the clowns who think that they've patented passion for United. Criticising him is like shooting Bambi in the eyes of the people that think they own this thread. If we're relying on this guy to help us slay the Barca beast, we may as well wander off into a swamp and shoot ourselves in the face.

Cleverley - Hard to know. Glimpses of real quality in the first few games of the season and did well on loan last year. Having said that, we've come up against muck so far this season so the real tests are yet to come. The fact that we're relying on an unproven callow youth despite our financial resources says a lot about the disastrous midfield policy being pursued by Sir Alex.

Gibson - A disgrace. A terrible terrible player and a apparently deluded one at that. If the rumours about his wage demands from Sunderland are to be believed, this guy's living in cloud cuckoo land. He should be playing up in the Phoenix Park.

We were gang raped by Barca in midfield in '09. Fergie spoofed about having a plan in May and the exact same thing happened. We've now lost Scholesy and Owen Hargreaves and yet people are claiming that everything in the garden is rosy? That's head in the sand stuff. If we're serious about trying to overtake 'Pool's 5 European Cup, heaven and earth needs to be moved to bring in one (or even two) players of this calibre: Wesley Sneijder, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Luka Modric or Daniele De Rossi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That image hurt my monitor.. What size was the image ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Will people do the world a favour and stop responding to Sean Baitman.

Hes a keyboard warrior who repeats himself ad nauseum suffocating any reasonable points he makes.

At this stage there is merit for a "Sean Baitman Thread" for those who feel the need to take him on in a keyboard battle royale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Headshot wrote: »

Thats one of the things I was talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheTownie wrote: »

Hes a keyboard warrior who repeats himself ad nauseum suffocating any reasonable points he makes.

At this stage there is merit for a "Sean Baitman Thread" for those who feel the need to take him on in a keyboard battle royale.

No he is the dark knight of keyboards :D

Headshot wrote: »
    No he is the dark knight of keyboards :D

Dark knight mention links into the actor that played thee famous bateman in american psycho and reminds me of this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRzwRIHjQmzl9xKjDUuAgPk6NHZsb6wtKuzquA6PuGWSv6SChZig

TheTownie wrote: »

Challenge the status quo, criticise Fergie or dare to criticise any United player and the snakes come slithering out to urge people to ignore you or ban you.

The cliquey nature of these threads is astonishing.

But sure let's ignore and attack Sean Bateman. He's a lunatic. Everything's rosy in the United garden. We've just stuffed Bolton and Anderson looks like Bobby Charlton right now. And David De Gea looks like the miracle spawn of Gordon Banks and Peter Schmiechel. Praise the Lord! Why aren't all United fans out toasting how good things are right now? Who needs Wesley Sneijder or Luka Modric when you have Anderson and Tom Cleverley?

Do you know what happens to ostriches when they've their heads in the sand? Catalans and Eastlanders come along with hatchets and chop their heads off. The poor ostriches don't know what's happened until it's too late and the lights go out.

• Advertisement

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been posted, but Ryan Tunnicliffe got man of the match for Peterborough today despite them losing.

Was that his first start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Challenge the status quo, criticise Fergie or dare to criticise any United player and the snakes come slithering out to urge people to ignore you or ban you.

The cliquey nature of these threads is astonishing.

But sure let's ignore and attack Sean Bateman. He's a lunatic. Everything's rosy in the United garden. We've just stuffed Bolton and Anderson looks like Bobby Charlton right now. And David De Gea looks like the miracle spawn of Gordon Banks and Peter Schmiechel. Praise the Lord! Why aren't all United fans out toasting how good things are right now? Who needs Wesley Sneijder or Luka Modric when you have Anderson and Tom Cleverley?

Do you know what happens to ostriches when they've their heads in the sand? Catalans and Eastlanders come along with hatchets and chop their heads off. The poor ostriches don't know what's happened until it's too late and the lights go out.

Your posts are the definition of a 'broken record'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

We were gang raped by Barca in midfield in '09. Fergie spoofed about having a plan in May and the exact same thing happened.

Ah this is your problem. You cant accept that we got spanked by Barcalona twice. Its ok man let it go. They will out play any team around right now. Do you really think even if we sign a couple of the players you stated it would mean we will beat them? ***News flash**** it dosnt. The only thing that will beat the current Barcalona side is age.
    Also lol at you saying that some of our current midfielders are poor! Really? A starter for Manchester United is poor? Please. Not up to your strangley over the top standards maybe but to say any player playing for one of the top football teams on the planet is poor smacks of crazy.
    Dont be a Negatron be an Optimistic Prime, Its a far better way to live!

:D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Dark knight mention links into the actor that played thee famous bateman in american psycho and reminds me of this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRzwRIHjQmzl9xKjDUuAgPk6NHZsb6wtKuzquA6PuGWSv6SChZig

Sean Bateman's actually Patrick Bateman's brother. He's the main character in one of Bret Easton Ellis's other books, Rules of Attraction. Patrick Bateman's also referenced in the book but his lunatic behaviour isn't even alluded to. PB does appear in another Easton Ellis book though with red stains on his shirt which from memory he dismisses as cranberry juice. PB's also in Lunar Park, a very odd book where PB ends up going after the author.

Useless trivia for you!

• Advertisement

Ah this is your problem. You cant accept that we got spanked by Barcalona twice. Its ok man let it go. They will out play any team around right now. Do you really think even if we sign a couple of the players you stated it would mean we will beat them? ***News flash**** it dosnt. The only thing that will beat the current Barcalona side is age.
    Also lol at you saying that some of our current midfielders are poor! Really? A starter for Manchester United is poor? Please. Not up to your strangley over the top standards maybe but to say any player playing for one of the top football teams on the planet is poor smacks of crazy.

These things are all relative. Darron Gibson would probably look like Steven Gerrard if he played in League One.

I do actually think that we can beat Barcelona with a couple of additions and the right tactics. A three man midfield of (say) Scott Parker, Darren Fletcher and Wesley Sneijder/Luke Modric/Kaka/Bastian Schweinsteiger coupled with our outstanding defence and super wingers/forwards could do the job. Phil Jones might even have a role in there. One things for sure...Michael Carrick and a 37 year old winger won't do the job so why the f..k did Fergie spoof about "having a plan" and then send those guys on to the pitch?

Barca are dodgy at the back...you just gotta get at them but you can't get at them if you don't have the ball. We therefore have to find a way to win the ball and to keep it and the key to doing that is all in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Jones definitely looks like he could work really well in the DM role like many people were suggesting he was signed for.

Be interesting to see if he will be played there this season. Great ability on the ball for a 19 year old defender, definitely has all the qualities and potential to be a great DM, could be one of the missing links needed to get back the champions league title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sean Bateman's actually Patrick Bateman's brother. He's the main character in one of Bret Easton Ellis's other books, Rules of Attraction. Patrick Bateman's also referenced in the book but his lunatic behaviour isn't even alluded to. PB does appear in another Easton Ellis book though with red stains on his shirt which from memory he dismisses as cranberry juice. PB's also in Lunar Park, a very odd book where PB ends up going after the author.

Useless trivia for you!

I remember posting away back that there must have been some connection.

I could imagine Patrick Batemen posting like you, mirrors all round you and admiring your work, getting a sexual kick out of the reaction to your posts as you give the posters a good seeing too!

You have a business card?

Seriously, I think you make good points, but you're a bit full on! It's like you take a chainsaw to peoples posts, not a scalpel. There's too much going on, some stuff you've a point on, some you don't. Information overload.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its the problem with the internet. You spend twenty pages debating the problems with Utds midfield, then a month later somebody comes along and starts the exact same debate all over again. All people can do now is just keep repeating themselves.

Personally, I think it is obvious that Utds central midfield needs strengthening. You, like so many others, even have to resort to including all the wingers to try and give the illusion of depth. And it is not just comparing ourselves to Barcelona, as I said before people seem to have forgotten the raping City gave us in the FA cup, and our rubbish away record last year.

The real frustration lies in the fact that the deficiency is obvious, and yet it is the one area that has not been added to for years. With the result that even in England I can think of five teams who have a better central midfield pairing than we have.

Already Cleverly is injured, and so we are back to Carrick and Giggs. With Parker, Arteta and others available cheaply in the summer that is something that just did not need to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ostriches do NOT bury their heads in the sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

dKkpt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

These things are all relative. Darron Gibson would probably look like Steven Gerrard if he played in League One.

Right? So Steven Gerrard being the epitome of a class CM? A position he doesn't play particularly well. Good example....
    I do actually think that we can beat Barcelona with a couple of additions and the right tactics. A three man midfield of (say) Scott Parker, Darren Fletcher and Wesley Sneijder/Luke Modric/Kaka/Bastian Schweinsteiger

You are trying to fit three inferior players to fit a system which Barcelona have perfected to beat Barcelona? Not going to happen. Also with that you can't play Rooney in his best position and all those players you have mentioned are inferior to Wayne Rooney on Wayne Rooney's day. Also you suggest we go out and buy Scott Parker? Why? So he can link up the play quickly? I don't think so. Anderson has displayed that he is a very talented player and has been in top form so far this season. A midfield of Cleverley and Anderson excites me more than Scott Parker, Fletcher and Sneijder/Modric/Kaka/Schweinsteiger. That midfield either takes away our two most potent threats in attack; Wayne Rooney or our width. Besides Modric is over-rated, Sneijder won't work for the ball, Kaka is past it and Schweinsteiger isn't really an option to play that far up in midfield, which is clearly suggested in your team.
    coupled with our outstanding defence and super wingers/forwards could do the job. Phil Jones might even have a role in there. One things for sure...Michael Carrick and a 37 year old winger won't do the job so why the f..k did Fergie spoof about "having a plan" and then send those guys on to the pitch?

Don't really see what Carrick did wrong today. Surely with Cleverley out he will be given another chance. Also, how f**king dare you question Ryan Giggs' position on the pitch. We were 4-0 up at the time too. That's unbelievable.

Head back under the sand, son, your talking through your ar*e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Le King wrote: »
    Right? So Steven Gerrard being the epitome of a class CM? A position he doesn't play particularly well. Good example....

...Don't really see what Carrick did wrong today. Surely with Cleverley out he will be given another chance. Also, how f**king dare you question Ryan Giggs' position on the pitch. We were 4-0 up at the time too. That's unbelievable.

Batemans a repetitive troll, but you actually do have your head in the sand. Carrick to be given a chance? Sorry mate but Carrick has had his big chance twice, and failed spectactularly both times. Whats the point in going with him again?

And Ryan Giggs is 37 fecking years old. Damn right the question should be asked as to why we still consider a 37 year old winger as an answer to a midfield problem.

Also, Steven Gerard not a good central midfielder? You are a funny guy, you know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah United should have bought Scott Parker to play Barcelona. Who United play every week. And are very beatable. All the other teams they played last year with supposedly greater midfields to United walked over them.

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

2 things for today.

Was delighted for Chico coming back and banging in two goals. I really hope he goes on from here as I think he could push on and get 20+ league goals this season and for such a genuine gentleman it would be great to see.

Secondly, I can't believe I read someone meh-ing (it's a word!) about the upcoming return of Valencia. How many times has he to consistently have (imo) 8 rating games before people get over his reliance on his right foot. I don't care if he can only dribble with his head if he provides the service he so regularly does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

...Don't really see what Carrick did wrong today. Surely with Cleverley out he will be given another chance. Also, how f**king dare you question Ryan Giggs' position on the pitch. We were 4-0 up at the time too. That's unbelievable.

Batemans a repetitive troll, but you actually do have your head in the sand. Carrick to be given a chance? Sorry mate but Carrick has had his big chance twice, and failed spectactularly both times. Whats the point in going with him again?

And Ryan Giggs is 37 fecking years old. Damn right the question should be asked as to why we still consider a 37 year old winger as an answer to a midfield problem.

Also, Steven Gerard not a good central midfielder? You are a funny guy, you know that.

Is that you Andy Gray? Regardless I never suggested that Giggs is an option in CM.
    Carrick's form improved at the back end of last season.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

394703450.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

^^^^^

Unreal!

You are trying to fit three inferior players to fit a system which Barcelona have perfected to beat Barcelona? Not going to happen. Also with that you can't play Rooney in his best position and all those players you have mentioned are inferior to Wayne Rooney on Wayne Rooney's day. Also you suggest we go out and buy Scott Parker? Why? So he can link up the play quickly? I don't think so. Anderson has displayed that he is a very talented player and has been in top form so far this season. A midfield of Cleverley and Anderson excites me more than Scott Parker, Fletcher and Sneijder/Modric/Kaka/Schweinsteiger. That midfield either takes away our two most potent threats in attack; Wayne Rooney or our width. Besides Modric is over-rated, Sneijder won't work for the ball, Kaka is past it and Schweinsteiger isn't really an option to play that far up in midfield, which is clearly suggested in your team.

Don't really see what Carrick did wrong today. Surely with Cleverley out he will be given another chance. Also, how f**king dare you question Ryan Giggs' position on the pitch. We were 4-0 up at the time too. That's unbelievable.

You've just produced the epitome of head in the sand stuff.

Steven Gerrard isn't a class CM? Right.

We shouldn't play three in the middle of the park against Barca? Right. Sure let's just go with a two again...maybe it'll be third time lucky?

Give Carrick another chance? Up the dosage dude.

How dare I question Ryan Giggs' position on the pitch? Does he get a wildcard to play out of position forever? The fact that we selected a 37 year old winger to play CM in the CL final is an indictment of our midfield policy.

I don't think an argument for the team selection made in the Champions league final will be made.

I think the team that started this season is an improvement. Rooney and Young are helping out in the centre too.

But it is clear United don't have like for like replacements for Anderson and Cleverly in the squad.

I am not going to run down the other players as they provide something different and that too will be important over the season. The criticism Carrick in particular gets is OTT in my view.

To be a Negatron (thanks Martin) With Cleverly out a lot of the attacking will have to be done by Anderson. The pairing of Anderson carrick won't be as dynamic.

But (Optimis Prime time, thanks again Martin) I think Carrick will provide a platform for Anderson to get forward as he will take on the defensive responsibilities. Anderson and Cleverly had to share this responsibility and at times it left United Open when they both got forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

This clown is a happy one this morning.
    This clown was disgusted we didn't sign any midfielders in the transfer window but the windows closed and the season is under way so this clown is now concentrating on the football we are playing, with the jokers and disgrace of professionals that we have until at least January.

This clown is delighted with the start that our disgraceful professionals have made against the jokes of teams that we have played so far.

This clown has done his best to thank the usual suspects and fellow clowns for their head in the sand posts praising our start to the season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

adox wrote: »
    This clown is a happy one this morning.
    This clown was disgusted we didn't sign any midfielders in the transfer window but the windows closed and the season is under way so this clown is now concentrating on the football we are playing, with the jokers and disgrace of professionals that we have until at least January.

This clown is delighted with the start that our disgraceful professionals have made against the jokes of teams that we have played so far.

This clown has done his best to thank the usual suspects and fellow clowns for their head in the sand posts praising our start to the season.

+1

For those having a go at Giggs and Carrick yesterday, have a look at their pass completion stats. Neither put a foot wrong. Much like our maligned goalie, who before the match 'should be dropped' but after it 'sure he had nothing to do' - Clueless.

The ability to bring experienced players off the bench is a comfort not many can afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Horrible to see Cleverley go off yesterday and you have to worry that it is going to be a couple of months if his foot is indeed broken.

Great timing to have Fletcher back though, he can come in for Cleverley and allow us to retain the high tempo box to box midfield duo (with Anderson) that I don't think Carrick would be as suited too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fcuk you Davis anyway:mad:

• Advertisement

Fletcher will have to play an hour against Benfica now. I can't see him playing against Chelsea if he doesn't start v Benfica.

[QUOTE=lordgoat;74333092Much like our maligned goalie, who before the match 'should be dropped' but after it 'sure he had nothing to do'[/QUOTE]

Which means that yesterday proves nothing.

Our 'keeper is still dodgy as f..k and a laughing stock in the media and on the terraces.

The fact that the ostriches are harping on about his great distribution illustrates just how bad the rest of his game is. We've a 'keeper who can spray the ball around like David Beckham, but can't communicate with his defenders, dominate the box physically or make elementary saves. We've gone from the solid as a rock Van der Sar years back to the shambolic Barthez/Taibi/Bosnich era and we've paid £18 million for the privilege. De Gea's a disastrous signing...in some ways I'm jealous of the fans that can switch off and ignore his obvious faults. I've said it before and I'll say it again...f..k him out before it's too late and he costs us the league or the Champions League. He is 100% absolutely the wrong guy to be our number one 'keeper.

Sean I can see now why you are a United fan, United break records all the time and it looks like you know about broken records*

*I am aware the Broken Record thing keeps coming up.

I think you were baited into a response this time though.........

Fletcher will have to play an hour against Benfica now. I can't see him playing against Chelsea if he doesn't start v Benfica.

He played all of both games for Scotland and was supposed to look very very fit for them on both occasions so he should be ok to come back into the side from a fitness perspective. It would be his touch/passing that would worry me more. He isn't the most technically capable of our midfield options most of the time (though not bad by any means) and his rustiness could be an issue in our 1 touch style. Again though, meant to have looked very good in this regard for Scotland.

Sean I can see now why you are a United fan, United break records all the time and it looks like you know about broken records.

Jesus, i've woken up an it's August again...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

Disaster, dodgy, ostrich, bla bla bla..

I feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy a brilliant win and have to rant and rave..

• Advertisement

He played all of both games for Scotland and was supposed to look very very fit for them on both occasions so he should be ok to come back into the side from a fitness perspective. It would be his touch/passing that would worry me more. He isn't the most technically capable of our midfield options most of the time (though not bad by any means) and his rustiness could be an issue in our 1 touch style. Again though, meant to have looked very good in this regard for Scotland.

Any chance the games at the end of last seasons against Chelsea will influence the selection when Fletcher wasn't involved?

Also whats the news on Vidic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Which means that yesterday proves nothing.

Our 'keeper is still dodgy as f..k and a laughing stock in the media and on the terraces.

The fact that the ostriches are harping on about his great distribution illustrates just how bad the rest of his game is. We've a 'keeper who can spray the ball around like David Beckham, but can't communicate with his defenders, dominate the box physically or make elementary saves. We've gone from the solid as a rock Van der Sar years back to the shambolic Barthez/Taibi/Bosnich era and we've paid £18 million for the privilege. De Gea's a disastrous signing...in some ways I'm jealous of the fans that can switch off and ignore his obvious faults. I've said it before and I'll say it again...f..k him out before it's too late and he costs us the league or the Champions League. He is 100% absolutely the wrong guy to be our number one 'keeper.

And the fact that you are still harping on about him proves exactly what you are trying to do.

He has played 4 competitive games.Yes,he looks nervous by times however wouldnt you be.You are 20 years of age and you sign for one of the biggest clubs in the world for a hefty transfer fee,no small amount of pressure there.

You are the worst kind of United "fan".An absolute doomsayer that is only too happy to jump on a player that doesnt set the world on fire from the outset.Going on your posts on DDG you are probably one of the ones that wrote off Evra and Vidic when they made very unspectacular starts yet look at them now.

You say he is a joke on the terraces,terraces of opposition fans perhaps but so is Rooney et al but most United fans that Ive encountered are 100% behind the lad,you dont piss all over your teams players for the slightest thing ,you just dont.

But you carry on with your little crusade,everyone on here sees right through you and sees you for what you are so keep it up,gives me a chuckle on wet and dreary days like today.

;)

Any chance the games at the end of last seasons against Chelsea will influence the selection when Fletcher wasn't involved?

Also whats the news on Vidic?

They could well do - I have no idea what way Fergie will go - pragmatically I would say Carrick most likely to play, but I do think the game against Benfica could influence the tactics and lineup vs Chelsea. Vidic is 5 weeks away as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Bateman, just give it up (no Rick Astley, please), you're just keeping up that crap for one of a few reasons, either you don't want to admit your wrong on teh Internetz or you're just acting the troll, to which your United supporting credibility has already been questioned, and rightfully so. Either quit the shit or a lot of people will be marking you down on ignore — probably myself included — if they already haven't done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

They could well do - I have no idea what way Fergie will go - pragmatically I would say Carrick most likely to play, but I do think the game against Benfica could influence the tactics and lineup vs Chelsea. Vidic is 5 weeks away as far as I know.

Do you think that we'll really shake the team up on Tuesday night? I have a feeling we'll see at least 6 changes to the team. I'd fancy Fabio, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Berba and a.n.other to start against Benfica.

I hope that whoever comes in continues to play a far more fluid, fast paced game. It will be interesting to see how that type of game works against a decent european team who'll be technically sound. We might struggle to win the ball back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement