Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

we've made a move for Matt Mills according to the YEP

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-make-a-move-for-bolton-wanderers-defender-mills-1-5870717

Red Bull might be coming on board but would be a renaming of Elland Road.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/leeds-united-in-talks-over-megabucks-link-up-with-drinks-giant-exclusive-1-5869843

Whats anyone thoughts here? Dont know if it would bother me, it'll always be elland road to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

event wrote: »
    Whats anyone thoughts here? Dont know if it would bother me, it'll always be elland road to me

If it means money to be invested in the team, I don't really care what the stadium is named! As you said, it'll always be known as Elland Road to the fans regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Line-up vs Walsall

Kenny, Peltier, Lees, Pearce, Warnock, Green, Tonge, Murphy, McCormack, Hunt, Smith.

Subs: Cairns, Brown, Norris, Thompson, Varney, White, Poleon, Pugh, Drury.

****KO 3pm****

is this on tv does anyone know?
    Would anyone have a link via PM if so

event wrote: »
    is this on tv does anyone know?
    Would anyone have a link via PM if so

Dunno about a tv link but there's a radio link if it's any good to you.

1-0 down already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

How did it finish ? I've crap signal so couldn't follow the audio

beat 1-0.

Some fans booed at the end, WTF like

Not too worried about the result. In fairness to Walsall, they deserved it. What does concern me is that it sounded like a poor performance with only 2 weeks to the Brighton game. Will be interesting to hear what BMcD thought of the performance.

Brian McD describes the Walsall game as "very disappointing" and says there was "a lack of energy."
    "You're always concerned after a defeat, but you can't get carried away either."
    "I'm glad there's 2 weeks to go. Places are up for grabs and we'll move on." Changes expected at Stevenage.
    "We have no wingers so options to change are limited. I have to find a way with this system or look at another way."

• Advertisement

Full post match interview here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152321539321542&set=vb.334945866982&type=3

Says it all really. He sounds really down and a little bit frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I'm not going to take the friendly into account but our squad is pretty much the same as last year and we struggled last season. Add the fact that his season the championship looks stronger than before and we could struggle yet again.

Looks like the budget isn't big and potentially might only inflated with sales.

We'll be relying on basically last year's squad to prove that we're better than mid-table.

Will give BMD a stronger hand for pushing for signings. When I saw the starting lineup, it looked like our strongest team so we have every reason to be worried.

A loss today will do nothing for season ticket sales and also dent those for Brighton game too. Snd won't help for my decision in attending a game any time soon.

championc wrote: »
    Will give BMD a stronger hand for pushing for signings. When I saw the starting lineup, it looked like our strongest team so we have every reason to be worried.

A loss today will do nothing for season ticket sales and also dent those for Brighton game too. Snd won't help for my decision in attending a game any time soon.

No matter how strong his hand is, the signings probably won't come unless we sell or get more investment. I think GFH have done great since they've taken over but maybe they just can't control the signings issue as the money just isn't there. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

JokerD wrote: »
    No matter how strong his hand is, the signings probably won't come unless we sell or get more investment. I think GFH have done great since they've taken over but maybe they just can't control the signings issue as the money just isn't there. Hope I'm wrong though.

Why great? Just curious on your thoughts.

Why great? Just curious on your thoughts.

Introduction of lower matchday prices.

New season ticketing pricing, also lower.

Re-branding of the membership scheme. Offering new options.

Bringing LUFC into schools.

Getting Radio Leeds back to Elland Road on a three year contract.

Introduction of club ambassadors, giving some Leeds' favourites the chance to promote the club.

Free naming on the back of jerseys.

Sponsorship from Sky Bet for one of the stands, bringing more revenue to the club.

PR around Leeds to bring more people back to Elland Rd.

'Paint it white' initiative.

Good individual appointments within the club.

Potential 'Red Bull' sponsorship ( providing it doesn't get out of hand) will bring more revenue.

Rebuffing of an enquiry from Crystal Palace for Byram saying that we're not looking to sell.

Just lacking that transfer kitty maybe despite spending £1m on Murphy.

You forget ..... Bates AND Harvey GONE !!! GFH are worth it for that alone IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Potential 'Red Bull' sponsorship ( providing it doesn't get out of hand) will bring more revenue.

But but but, it's "RED" bull! ;-)

By your logic, I assume you were disgusted when we were sponsored by Red Kite then ?

As someone said on Waccoe, concentrate on the positivity of supporting Leeds rather than the negativity of thinking about other teams.

We're not taking about a colour change like Cardiff did. I can't imagine how they can ever really call themselves the Bluebirds anymore.

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »
    But but but, it's "RED" bull! ;-)

The wink should suggest you're messing, but to any Leeds fans who complain about red, we used to play in red many a moon ago.

By your logic, I assume you were disgusted when we were sponsored by Red Kite then ?

As someone said on Waccoe, concentrate on the positivity of supporting Leeds rather than the negativity of thinking about other teams.

We're not taking about a colour change like Cardiff did. I can't imagine how they can ever really call themselves the Bluebirds anymore.
    The wink should suggest you're messing, but to any Leeds fans who complain about red, we used to play in red many a moon ago.

Ah, with the air of gloom hanging over the thread I thought I'd post something a bit irreverent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Are Leeds supposed to be playing a pre season friendly in Ireland, or did I just dream that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Introduction of lower matchday prices.

New season ticketing pricing, also lower.

Re-branding of the membership scheme. Offering new options.

Bringing LUFC into schools.

Getting Radio Leeds back to Elland Road on a three year contract.

Introduction of club ambassadors, giving some Leeds' favourites the chance to promote the club.

Free naming on the back of jerseys.

Sponsorship from Sky Bet for one of the stands, bringing more revenue to the club.

PR around Leeds to bring more people back to Elland Rd.

'Paint it white' initiative.

Good individual appointments within the club.

Rebuffing of an enquiry from Crystal Palace for Byram saying that we're not looking to sell.

Just lacking that transfer kitty maybe despite spending £1m on Murphy.

Agreed, all good things but from a personal point of view The lack of funding in the team is a major problem for me. They hav nt always been totally honest with us either. So while they have some good things done, I personally feel describing them as great would suggest they are doing it all right. Not the case in my opinion. Im still on the fence with them. Each to there own I guess

SarahBM wrote: »
    Are Leeds supposed to be playing a pre season friendly in Ireland, or did I just dream that?

Yes - but just a Leeds XI against Shels on Mon 29th July. It's just the development squad and we don't hear much about any trialists at Thorp Arch so I would doubt there's much chance of any many or any others joining this team for this match. Given that it's only the Development Squad, they might not even make it a public viewable game - not sure if I'd bother paying a fiver or whatever to watch the Turner twins & Co. No details on the Shels website anyway.

I have to agree with Lamper - GFH are OK but maybe not the Knight on the White Horse we all expected or hoped for. To get out of this league, you really need to speculate (or gamble) to accumulate. The current run of results for pre-season will do nothing to boost season-ticket sales and also, the lack of any marque signing will also hold things back on this front too. So if GFH hoped to fund players from Season-Ticket sales, they're pretty fooked right now.

I did think of going over for the Nurnburg game but currently glad I haven't. No great interest in watching Brown, Norris, Tonge etc or more to the point, Luke Murphy trying to run a one man show !!

So, unfortunately, there's very little to feel positive about right now IMO

Yes - but just a Leeds XI against Shels on Mon 29th July. It's just the development squad and we don't hear much about any trialists at Thorp Arch so I would doubt there's much chance of any many or any others joining this team for this match. Given that it's only the Development Squad, they might not even make it a public viewable game - not sure if I'd bother paying a fiver or whatever to watch the Turner twins & Co. No details on the Shels website anyway.

I have to agree with Lamper - GFH are OK but maybe not the Knight on the White Horse we all expected or hoped for. To get out of this league, you really need to speculate (or gamble) to accumulate. The current run of results for pre-season will do nothing to boost season-ticket sales and also, the lack of any marque signing will also hold things back on this front too. So if GFH hoped to fund players from Season-Ticket sales, they're pretty fooked right now.

So, unfortunately, there's very little to feel positive about right now IMO

If we had a big transfer kitty combined with the work they've done so far then I'm sure most would be delighted.

Unfortunately for them and us, the best change they can make is to give BMD more funds. Unless it happens then we could be in for a hard season unless the players up it big time from last season.

• Advertisement

Just see the Shels tickets on sale via a link to tickets.ie from the Shels website, at a 10er and 5 for kids so for the Development / Academy squad game - no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

If we had a big transfer kitty combined with the work they've done so far then I'm sure most would be delighted.

Unfortunately for them and us, the best change they can make is to give BMD more funds. Unless it happens then we could be in for a hard season unless the players up it big time from last season.

don't think Brown, Norris, Tonge, Varney are capable of performing better to be honest.

The new away kit:

0,,10273~12086880,00.jpg

MUCK!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

punk77 wrote: »
    The new away kit:

MUCK!!!!!

Looks a lot like this...

No imagination in Macron....what was wrong with our all yellow kits...?

That is awful. Is that away or third? Both that and the home shirt are Shit so I hope there's another one on the way...

• Advertisement

I actually quite like it :o

As it stands, we've practically last years squad and unless there's a big upsurge in form from them, we could struggle.
    The idea of building in the championship is pretty difficult as we've had teams decimated.

Ask yourself, could our squad based on past performances achieve promotion this season?

If it's a 'no' then ask yourself what's the chances of holding onto star performers next season? (Let's say Byram as he's been linked with a big money move)

So now if you think no chance of holding onto him, this shows once again that you can't build the team in the championship.

So if we get 5/6m for Byram that's been touted, even as high as 8m, would it give us a better chance this season if we moved Peltier back to RB or got Wabara in and keep Peltier at CB. BMD should also get his other targets in if given the money to spend.

Basically we've probably one more season with the likes of Byam with the reported interest, if there's no promotion, he's gone, people don't think we've currently got the squad for promotion so cash in now and build a bigger squad?

Q_Ball wrote: »
    I actually quite like it :o

What's it like working for Macron? ;)

As it stands, we've practically last years squad and unless there's a big upsurge in form from them, we could struggle.
    The idea of building in the championship is pretty difficult as we've had teams decimated.

Ask yourself, could our squad based on past performances achieve promotion this season? Nope

If it's a 'no' then ask yourself what's the chances of holding onto star performers next season? (Let's say Byram as he's been linked with a big money move) None

So now if you think no chance of holding onto him, this shows once again that you can't build the team in the championship. Yep

So if we get 5/6m for Byram that's been touted, even as high as 8m, would it give us a better chance this season if we moved Peltier back to RB or got Wabara in and keep Peltier at CB. BMD should also get his other targets in if given the money to spend. Yep

Basically we've probably one more season with the likes of Byram with the reported interest, if there's no promotion, he's gone, people don't think we've currently got the squad for promotion so cash in now and build a bigger squad? Yep

Unfortunately

My leeds fan signature was taken away :( I dont know how to get it back.

and I hate the new away shirt too. IMO the away strip should be blue or yellow.

Was cleaning out my wardrobe last week and found this:

$T2eC16RHJFsFFSGj0UuRBRu,4LSvNw~~60_35.JPG
    (not my pic, but this shirt!)

One of our finest away tops in recent years I think, have it in long sleeve and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

maximoose wrote: »
    Was cleaning out my wardrobe last week and found this:

$T2eC16RHJFsFFSGj0UuRBRu,4LSvNw~~60_35.JPG
    (not my pic, but this shirt!)

One of our finest away tops in recent years I think, have it in long sleeve and love it.

I loved that Jersey, but the feckin sponser wore off and left a dirty mark where it was. Happened on my home jersey too at the time but that was still wearable.

I loved that White and Mackay shirt, I have a poster with Gary Kelly wearing that one on the back of my wardrobe door down home. it will remain there forever!

Are Leeds coming to Ireland or did I dream that?

SarahBM wrote: »
    Are Leeds coming to Ireland or did I dream that?

See post #5075 ;)

my bad, didnt see that post. thanks.

• Advertisement

Currently 0-0 with Stevenage at HT with the getting the better of it so far.

Currently 0-0 with Stevenage at HT with the getting the better of it so far.

Following it on twitter, sounds/reads like a struggle for us, is it on the radio?

Varney hat-trick 3-0.

Varney hat-trick 3-0.

Typical, I put twitter down for ten minutes and look what happens!!!

Following it on twitter, sounds/reads like a struggle for us, is it on the radio?

Was ok during 1st half. A bit hit and miss during 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Varney hat-trick 3-0.

sell him quick!

MacDermott confirmed that Austin will play against Shels

I would like to go, but I cant. Ah well, I'll just have to get over to Elland Road next season.

sell him quick!

Sell him???? He should be the 1st name on the team sheet now :pac:

EVERY game is streamed. Same streams as last season so far anyway.

• Advertisement

EVERY game is streamed. Same streams as last season so far anyway.

Cheers, only knew of one and it wasn't working.....Punk77 got in touch..thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement