Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It seems as if it was a possibility but then again this is coming from Bates who is a well known liar!

Here's the full interview if anyone wants to suffer through it.

The end of that clip is creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

iseegirls wrote: »
    The end of that clip is creepy.

Just the end?....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cellino has appealed. Don't know whether to be just sad, or take it that any port in an increasing storm........

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The best Match/result the club had was the 1 and only match that BMCD didn't pick the team and that was while he was sacked or not sacked. I have said it before that i don't think BMCD was/is the right man to get this mighty club back to where it belongs. We all know what sort of useless donkeys that Warnock recruited but in fairness the signings that BMCD have made have not exactly done us proud have they. He chooses the team week in week out. The whole world knew that Diouf was 1 game away from earning more money and instead of letting him sit with the reserves BMCD chooses him, Diouf plays 1 or 2 times after that game and gets the extra money where is he now or why is he not been picked. How much a week is he draining from Leeds. Its unlikely that the club will make the playoffs so why not give the youth a chance. David O Leary done it when he got the job and it worked. there is nothing to lose by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Navarre wrote: »
    Its unlikely that the club will make the playoffs so why not give the youth a chance. David O Leary done it when he got the job and it worked. there is nothing to lose by it.

Presumably because McDermott knows that results will dictate whether he is in a job next season or not. So while he could throw a bunch of young lads into the team it wouldn't do him any favours if we get thrashed in every game for the rest of the season.

The other point is perhaps that the lads from the youth team are just not good enough. Southampton are the only team I can think of who seem to have a production line of quality young players. When you look at what our youth academy has produced in the last ten years, only the likes of Milner, Delph and Howson are playing at the top level. The idea that we have a truck load of Harry Kewell's waiting for their chance doesn't really work.

Its not 11 Harry Kewells that the club and fans need playing each week, its players that want to give 150% commitment to the club and at the moment it looks like Ross McCormick is the only 1st team player that is showing any sign of this. I have a feeling BMCD wont be in charge next season regardless of who takes over the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If the club can hardly afford wages this week, then surely they can't afford to sack a manager and give him a massive payoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The best Match/result the club had was the 1 and only match that BMCD didn't pick the team and that was while he was sacked or not sacked. I have said it before that i don't think BMCD was/is the right man to get this mighty club back to where it belongs. We all know what sort of useless donkeys that Warnock recruited but in fairness the signings that BMCD have made have not exactly done us proud have they. He chooses the team week in week out. The whole world knew that Diouf was 1 game away from earning more money and instead of letting him sit with the reserves BMCD chooses him, Diouf plays 1 or 2 times after that game and gets the extra money where is he now or why is he not been picked. How much a week is he draining from Leeds. Its unlikely that the club will make the playoffs so why not give the youth a chance. David O Leary done it when he got the job and it worked. there is nothing to lose by it.

Brian did pick the team. It was changed back to his side after it was changed by the Italians the night before. Also it wasnt the only good match/result. The match against Birmingham (no world beaters, neither are Huddersfield) was immense. We thrashed them 4 nil and deservedly so. I know this because I was sitting in the stand.

This is not to say there have not been some terrible performances and that the manager takes no blame but there are other circumstances involved.

Also David brought in youth because we had a brilliant youth team. Maybe its just a case that our young guys are just are not good enough. Its also obvious that some of our players are championship players and are not up to playing for a big club with such high expectancy. They suffer under the pressure and I doubt bringing young players into what is now a hostile environment at Elland rd would do any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Its unlikely that the club will make the playoffs so why not give the youth a chance. David O Leary done it when he got the job and it worked. there is nothing to lose by it.

With respect, that is written from the point of view of a supporter. The term 'there is nothing to lose by it' would not sit easily with Brian McDermott when it is his job on the line. Giving youth a chance would be a high risk strategy which could mean him being out of a job if it was to go pear shaped.

The bottom line is that you could throw any manager you wanted into Leeds, and they are going to struggle big time with the resources and the conditions they are faced with. I wasn't in favour of getting rid of Grayson, nor Warnock and now McDermott. It will be change for change's sake and only adds to the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

On the point of bringing in youth, in fairness to McD he has brought in some young players from the youth team (Dawson, Mowatt, Thompson and Poleon) but for the most part he either thinks they are not ready yet or are not good enough to start. Mowatt has started a lot of games but judging by most recent reports he lacks pace and is not quite good enough for the first team at this stage. As others have said, there is no point in throwing in youth just for the sake of it and comparing to DoL's reign is a case of apples and oranges as he was blessed with a very talented bunch of youngsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Partly paid wages and not even paid by the club...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9236505/massimo-cellino-pays-leeds-players-a-proportion-of-wages-pending-appeal-outcome?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Leeds
    The Cagliari owner argues he should be considered innocent pending the outcome of any appeal against that verdict.

No way in hell that defence is going to convince the football league

A worthwhile listen at the bottom of the article

http://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/9235003/-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

An interesting BBC discussion about Leeds United. I like the bit where he says our best players have gone to waste...aka Norwich.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/whats-happened-leeds-united-champions-3284441

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

With respect, that is written from the point of view of a supporter. The term 'there is nothing to lose by it' would not sit easily with Brian McDermott when it is his job on the line. Giving youth a chance would be a high risk strategy which could mean him being out of a job if it was to go pear shaped.

Not if the instructions came from David Haigh. It would be great for Haigh to release BMcD's handcuffs and let him experiment, with REAL matches. I suppose Murphy and Smith are both Work In Progress.

It could also be another (and very interesting) way to fill ER for the rest of the season. I had thought about going over before the end of the season but I can't really see the point now.

Not if the instructions came from David Haigh. It would be great for Haigh to release BMcD's handcuffs and let him experiment, with REAL matches. I suppose Murphy and Smith are both Work In Progress.

It could also be another (and very interesting) way to fill ER for the rest of the season. I had thought about going over before the end of the season but I can't really see the point now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

2-0 down at half time, at home, against a ****e team, again.
    will this season ever end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Did anyone else see Faranan on Sky Sports news last night? Do that Together Leeds consortium actually have the money to fund the club? Fine they might have the capital to buy it out right, but Id be worried that they wouldnt have any extra funds to pump into the club after. Faranan sounded enthusiastic, wants Leeds to do well and wants to see them back playing in the premier league.
    talk is cheap though.

as for today? well my Dad just passed a comment that we have had some of our biggest beatings under Mc Dermott. Where do we go from here like.

just noticed a post on twitter where someone quoted McDermott early in his leeds career...."we want to be one of the best passing teams in this division" :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

just noticed a post on twitter where someone quoted McDermott early in his leeds career...."we want to be one of the best passing teams in this division" :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Passing everyone on the way down :(

12 points above relegation.
    if we get hit with a 10 point deduction this season we will go down.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Did anyone else see Faranan on Sky Sports news last night? Do that Together Leeds consortium actually have the money to fund the club? Fine they might have the capital to buy it out right, but Id be worried that they wouldnt have any extra funds to pump into the club after. Faranan sounded enthusiastic, wants Leeds to do well and wants to see them back playing in the premier league.
    talk is cheap though.

as for today? well my Dad just passed a comment that we have had some of our biggest beatings under Mc Dermott. Where do we go from here like.

Together Leeds have a very small piggy bank. They'll have to borrow from somewhere to pay for the club. And their offer is waaaayyy below what Cellino offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Another loan, another debt.

Surely buying a club with all your money leaving nothing to support it with is worse than owing tax on boat in a different country that can easily be paid?

For the love of christ. do the football league not take future financing into account aswell, especially a club in an already terrible financial position like leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Guy from White Leeds Radio ( seems to be a home made radio effort by some American Leeds fan with about 100 listeners) rang Ken Bates last night. Skip to about 23 mins.

http://mixlr.com/whiteleeds/showreel/whiteleedss-mixlr-40/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Was that when he came in with the promise of money? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

After the Bates interview last night he's only gone and topped it with an interview with Cellino. Incredible and so much s**t about to hit the fan!

A day in the life as a Leeds fan and Man U fans think they have it hard:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

We're in dire straits alright - when I look around at the foreign investment in other less fashionable clubs - Malaysians, Thais, the Indian chicken fellas with Blackburn - and we get a Bahraini Investment bank that won't invest - I don't know whether this comes under irony but either way I've a feeling a bad situation is gonna get worse ... MOT tho as we've always done :o

DoctaDee wrote: »
    We're in dire straits alright - when I look around at the foreign investment in other less fashionable clubs - Malaysians, Thais, the Indian chicken fellas with Blackburn - and we get a Bahraini Investment bank that won't invest - I don't know whether this comes under irony but either way I've a feeling a bad situation is gonna get worse ... MOT tho as we've always done :o

At least they got ONE thing right..........They pushed Master'Bates' out of the club & hopefully for good. President? .............I dont think so!

At least they got ONE thing right..........They pushed Master'Bates' out of the club & hopefully for good. President? .............I dont think so!

Haigh is back in bed with Bates so no, they didn't get that right either.

• Advertisement

Haigh is back in bed with Bates so no, they didn't get that right either.

Suggest thats Haighs decision not theres............

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Has there been any update on Cellino's appeal hearing? The last I heard was that the appeals committee had "retired" to consider the appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on Cellino's appeal hearing? The last I heard was that the appeals committee had "retired" to consider the appeal.

Verdict expected Thursday or Friday. The QC who heard the evidence will give 24 hours prior notice.

Apparently QCs like to take their time over decisions and to provide written verdicts which explains the delay

funny that there is absolutely nothing crazy going on at Leeds today, April 1st.
    With all the stuff that's happened recently I'd half believe any story today.

Ken Bates has been revealed as Santa's evil twin brother.

1 down to Charlton at home with less than 10 minutes left.

what a joke.
    I for one am sick of McDermott, nice guy as he is, if he can't get this shower to perform for 90 minutes at least once in 3 or 4 months he's not the man for the job.

Don't give me any guff about off pitch stuff hampering him. He's just not good enough.
    Any team we play, be they league 2, league 1, bottom of the championship, we are just steamrolled by them.

And miss a penalty:mad:

in the 93rd minute.

happy April 1st everyone. :mad:

just saw the pen. crap pen. I would have scored that my self.

god, will this nightmare ever end!

who the hell would want to buy this club, in all fairness like!

So, 6 games to go and 12 points ahead of third from bottom Barnsley. Assuming there isn't a points deduction for going into administration, can we realistically be overtaken by any of the bottom three?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You'd think we'd be used to a never ending stream of misery at this stage, but this feels even more depressing than the season we were relegated to League One. Of course that could still happen too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You'd think we'd be used to a never ending stream of misery at this stage, but this feels even more depressing than the season we were relegated to League One. Of course that could still happen too.

and we're down to 15th.

I think i read somewhere that Hunt is on £25,000 a week. Does anyone know whats the story with the Italian player/players that came to the club around the time of the BMCD sacking non sacking saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I think i read somewhere that Hunt is on £25,000 a week. Does anyone know whats the story with the Italian player/players that came to the club around the time of the BMCD sacking non sacking saga.

He got sent back.

Wigan away (fighting to stay in playoff places)
    Watford away (nothing to play for)
    Blackpool home (fighting to stay up)
    Barnsley away (fighting to stay up)
    Forest home (fighting for playoff place)
    Birmingham away (fighting to stay up)
    Derby home (fighting to stay in playoff places)

Leeds home or away (fcuk all fight)

I'd say we'll be lucky to get 2 points out of our remaining games.

Barnsley are 12 behind us with a game in hand.
    If they win that then I think we're in real trouble, especially as we have to play them.

I think i read somewhere that Hunt is on £25,000 a week

And Diouf on £30k. Lets not talk even mention Norris :(

championc wrote: »

At least we're helping Diouf afford all those flights back to Africa.

I wonder what David Norris does with his money. It's nice he has a job at Leeds until 2015

championc wrote: »

I said it earlier in the thread that i saw somewhere Diouf was 1 game away from earning more money and then BMCD picks him for that game and maybe 1 or 2 more, Diouf gets his bonus and hasn't played since.

did it also trigger a contract extension.
    when are we rid of the useless sponger?

• Advertisement

Correct, that's exactly what happened.

We're so fooked it's unreal. Apparently the crowd tonight (17k) would actually be a loss maker. We need 21 / 22 per game. Can't see why many would be interested in going to any more home games this season TBH. Nothing worth watching really - except a public humiliation against Wigan on Saturday, LIVE on TV !!!

Our big problem now is to stay out of Administration. A points deduction would put us right in the mix of a relegation dogfight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement