Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

did it also trigger a contract extension.
    when are we rid of the useless sponger?

Maybe that's what i saw. It was either a contract extension or a pay bonus either way it was a very bad decision from BMCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Was some form of increased money rate, once he played just one more game, which was exactly what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Saturday is going to be soooo embarrassing!!! Then everyone will SEE how seriously bad we are. Oh in going to get some stick at work on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Cellino on SSN now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Potentially fantastic news, even if Cellino fails tomorrow then apparently under the terms of the contract between himself, Eleonora Sport and GFH he has free reign to sell the 75% share to whoever he pleases.

This is a win-win for everyone. Here's Farnan getting interviewed by Radio Leeds.

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2041901-together-leeds-mike-farnan-talks-about-discussions-with-massimo-cellino-to-jointly-take-control-of-leeds-united

Here's Cellino
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9245530/sky-bet-championship-massimo-cellino-says-football-league-are-hurting-leeds-united

Oh Auntie Em There's no place like home!!!

waits to get hit by a flying house!

I dont know if that is a realistic possibility! I'll believe it when I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

1 down to Charlton at home with less than 10 minutes left.

what a joke.
    I for one am sick of McDermott, nice guy as he is, if he can't get this shower to perform for 90 minutes at least once in 3 or 4 months he's not the man for the job.

Don't give me any guff about off pitch stuff hampering him. He's just not good enough.
    Any team we play, be they league 2, league 1, bottom of the championship, greartwe are just steamrolled by them.

Your frustration is warranted. God knows we all feel it, but whenever this crap happens you never blame the people who run the club. All your anger is directed at the manager. this is not to say the manager doesnt deserve criticism but as iv said before it would be great to see how a manager would perform without all the background crap. Over the last few years every manager has had to deal with background bvllsh1t. Its very hard to judge a Leeds manager on his merits when the club is run like it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

What Lamper said, one million times over.

It's actually depressing, but I assume it just must be the default position for a lot of fans - team not doing well - blame the manager. McDermott, while battling to keep the team afloat, is being blamed here for selecting Diouf in one game, given that it had contract implications - if ever the term caught between a rock and a hard place could be applied to football, then surely that was what McDermott was in then. Like I said, depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Advertisement

When he said a few weeks back that he wasn't allowed play the wingers you can see why now. Absolute shambes is an understatement

From reading that link and here is a piece from it
    The memo was drawn up by Alrayes in the days after Leeds lost 6-0 at Sheffield Wednesday on January 11

So when BMCD was told that he was sacked on Jan 31st. Did he not think it was the right time to move on instead of coming back to the club 48 hours later. The club have no hope of the Playoffs, Will be lucky to avoid relegation if it gets points deducted. From whats in that article GFH have no faith in BMCD and if Celino gets his way he will sack him either way in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The appeal decision which was supposed to be announced today at 6pm has been delayed. Nobody seems to know when it will now be announced.

This just drags on and on.

Come on lads, no body knows what the hell is going on at the club, not even Haigh, GFH or Celino.

Im dreading the match tomorrow, but sure I will watch anyway. Its like watching a car crash. You dont want to watch but you cant help it. :(

I know we have had our downs, but for me this is the worst.

well 1-0 down at HT, what's new says you. well we did a bit of defending in the first half, but Butland should have saved that goal tbh.
    Browne is just looking to get sent off. Tonge - well I dont think he knows which side he is supposed to be playing for.

we need to win this.

Sounds like Cellino has won the appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Your frustration is warranted. God knows we all feel it, but whenever this crap happens you never blame the people who run the club. All your anger is directed at the manager. this is not to say the manager doesnt deserve criticism but as iv said before it would be great to see how a manager would perform without all the background crap. Over the last few years every manager has had to deal with background bvllsh1t. Its very hard to judge a Leeds manager on his merits when the club is run like it is.

oh believe me, I do blame the owners a hell of a lot more than McDermott, I'm just saying that because of the crap that is happening off the field he is being given way to easy of a time.
    He should at least be able to make them hard to beat, maybe organise the midfield a bit. We have a striker that can score but every other part of the team is broken and he's been able to do nothing about it.

Cellino has won his appeal. Best thing he could do now is cement his proposed deal with the Together Leeds crowd. That would be a win for both of them and maybe a super win for Leeds.

Hopefully this announcement today will bring a boost in confidence to the suffering supporters from now till the end of the season but in my opinion BMCD will have to go and bring most of the walking dead with him. His decision today to stick with Noel hunt until the 70 min was ridiculous. And its not the 1st time this season has BMCD has done similar 1 nil down and only makes 1 change in the last 20 mins.

oh believe me, I do blame the owners a hell of a lot more than McDermott, I'm just saying that because of the crap that is happening off the field he is being given way to easy of a time.
    He should at least be able to make them hard to beat, maybe organise the midfield a bit. We have a striker that can score but every other part of the team is broken and he's been able to do nothing about it.

Personally I dont see how he has been given an easy time at all. I dont think any Leeds fan is not disappointed with how we have played and the manager has to take his fair share of the blame for that. I just think some Leeds fans would just like to see the club give the managers we do have the best possible chance to succeed and then we can see if they are up to the task.

Anyway I guess we will just disagree on certain points. I think McDermott is gone now no matter what and maybe that is the right decision but ill always feel like he never got a fair crack at it. Just like managers previous.

Good news about the appeal. So whoever comes in now will at least have funding from the club. Lets hope this is finally the turn in fortune we have all been waiting for and not another false dawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Have a read of this!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/05/leeds-united-massimo-cellini-takeover

No wonder the club is a circus....when you pay Noel Hunt 25k and Luke Murphy 22k per week respectively. An impressive total of 1 goal between them this season. No other club in England would throw away money like that. GFH must be idiots of the highest order.

If I was a Leeds fan, Cellino could have shot the Pope for all I would care. He is badly needed, not only for his cash injections, but to bring some much needed financial prudency to the running of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Norwich just sacked Cris Houghton as manager, so I suppose BMD will be off shortly to join the rest of the Leeds A-Team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

looking forward to tomorrow, well see if Massimo is a man who sticks to time frames. He said hes heading to the bank to buy back the stadium and training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

He has also said that David Haigh will be the first to go.

KJ wrote: »

best news Ive heard all day

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another one bites the dust at Cagliari. I can't see BMCD lasting too long once the takeover is completed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

KJ wrote: »

The Yorkshire evening post are claiming that Cellino will take up the role of President and Haigh will be the CEO so he might not be going anywhere.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-cellino-jets-in-to-seal-whites-deal-1-6545501
    Cellino is to take up the position of president at Elland Road, the same role he holds at Italian club Cagliari.

United managing director David Haigh, who will become chief executive under Cellino, said: “I have met with many potential investors and worked closely with them and I realised very quickly that Massimo is someone who has the attributes to take this club forward.

“He has a proven track record in Italy and I believe the introduction of Eleonora Sport, coupled with Massimo’s drive and determination, will be key to a successful and sustainable future.”

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bates was removed as president after GFH objected to him spending silly money on private jets to ferry him between Monaco and Leeds.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Bates was removed as president after GFH objected to him spending silly money on private jets to ferry him between Monaco and Leeds.

They should have jettisoned him off one of those jets, instead of just removing him as president.:eek::mad::rolleyes:

Jesus christ, were still not out of the woods yet and certainly not finished with this take over. Football league still has to make their final decision on Thursday at a board meeting. They can hardly turn around and clear him now as no evidence was provided to clear him except a technicality AND turns out in June when the itialian judge writes her report as to why she feels he is dishonest they can still decide to disqualify him anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Hijpo wrote: »
    Jesus christ, were still not out of the woods yet and certainly not finished with this take over. Football league still has to make their final decision on Thursday at a board meeting. They can hardly turn around and clear him now as no evidence was provided to clear him except a technicality AND turns out in June when the itialian judge writes her report as to why she feels he is dishonest they can still decide to disqualify him anyway.

You lot really can't seem to get a break at all right now.

Losing players, losing matches, losing fans, losing confidence, losing aspiration, losing money.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9255506/leeds-reveal-losses-of-95m-for-201213-ahead-of-cellino-takeover
    It has also been revealed that club directors received £753,938 during the latest financial year, an increase from £312,200 in 2011-12.
    The highest paid director was paid a salary of £265,449 and accrued a bonus of £440,000."

where did an extra 400k for directors come from and a bonus of another 440k on top of a 250k salary.
    Why would they get a bonus when the club is in a terrible state?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

A f*cking £440k bonus for f*cking what exactly?!

That really really bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Q_Ball wrote: »

Hunt been on 20Kplus (1million plus a year) a week bothers me more plus quite a few other 'NON' players!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Yeah but Hunt isn't responsible for the shoddy way the club has been run. We're losing £1m+ a month, at the time we were how much in debt? I can't see how anyone could award themselves a bonus based on the lackluster way the club has been managed.

Also, pretty sure Adam Pope tweeted that Hunt wasn't on near that much. That being said, a packet of tayto and a can of coke per week is all he's worth at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

1 nil down already, getting pretty used to this, doesnt make it easier. why is hunt starting?

Add in a goal down to Watford already:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is it any wonder I'm so disillusioned with them altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

its good job the teams below us arent picking up points either or we'd really be up the creek

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »

For being a bunch of Bankers

Surely to god its time for McDermot to go.

I could see McD being sacked if/when we lose at home to Blackpool on Saturday.

Tonight was probably his last chance to impress Cellino.
    3-0 down to Watford with a half hour to go is not good.

I suppose one of the only silver linings for the 2nd half of the season is we don't have to sign Jimmy Kebe, cause it's looking unlikely that we'll get promoted this season.

BMCD should be sacked after tonight's game. If Leeds lose on Saturday to Blackpool and other results don't go your way you are then involved in a relegation battle. With him in charge right now Leeds are in free fall and if you were to sack him and get a new manger in it would then give you a honeymoon period under your new manager which should give you a few wins to keep you safe.

He will be out the door if you lose at home to Blackpool on Saturday. Tonight was your 8 lost in 10 games that must be a record for Leeds worse run in there history it's also only 1 win in 10 and a draw with QPR mixed in between them 10 games. Your win against Ipswich was also a hard fought win and you had to come from a goal down in that game to win it.

BMCD should be sacked after tonight's game. If Leeds lose on Saturday to Blackpool and other results don't go your way you are then involved in a relegation battle. With him in charge right now Leeds are in free fall and if you were to sack him and get a new manger in it would then give you a honeymoon period under your new manager which should give you a few wins to keep you safe.

He will be out the door if you lose at home to Blackpool on Saturday. Tonight was your 8 lost in 10 games that must be a record for Leeds worse run in there history it's also only 1 win in 10 and a draw with QPR mixed in between them 10 games. Your win against Ipswich was also a hard fought win and you had to come from a goal down in that game to win it.

15 points up for grabs and only 8 off the drop zone. Until its mathematically impossible ye cannot rule it out.

Hijpo wrote: »
    15 points up for grabs and only 8 off the drop zone. Until its mathematically impossible ye cannot rule it out.

You have two home games against Blackpool and Notts Forest and you need to win both of them games and you should be safe.

You have Barnsley and Birmingham away and they are both fighting to stay in the division. With Barnsley away being a derby they will be right up for it.

You have Derby at home in your last game and they will more then likely rest there first team as they will want them to be fresh and rested for the playoffs but you still never know they might surprise you.

i said it a few games ago and i'll say it again, 2 points is all i see us picking up for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

At this rate I can't see where we'll even get 2 points! Cellino says BMcD will be given until the end of the season - it's hard to see him keeping to his word on that tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

With the benefit of hindsight we sacked the best of our recent managers when Graysons ambition for the club wasn't matched by the board - the day we became a feeder club for Norwich was the day the writing was on the wall. I seriously doubt there's anyone that could manage the club in its present environment.

If Cellino's gig gets the thumbs up - I'd expect a new manager in the dugout next season (Festa plus experienced head) with a good few experienced players/loan signings from Italy - not the ideal scenario (remember the 11 loaness the year we were relegated), but anything is better than what we currently have to put up with.

In fairness I think Celliono recognises the huge potential in having a successful one city club - I'm being optimistic in saying this is as bad as it's gonna get and if Cellino has the conviction (:rolleyes:) to put his money where his mouth is it will be turned round. Ta

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement