Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

11 corpses would be better than what we have now.

I'd love to get rid of every single one of the players.
    Maybe keep McCormack and Byram.
    If what Cellino said about McCormack asking for a transfer to Cardiff on deadline day is true, i think it probably was, then he can jog on too.

It would be almost impossible to get a whole new squad to gel in the first season, so I'd be happy with mid table next season if there was whole sale changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I liked what I "thought" BMD was doing in buying mid 20s lads with potential to improve - but he then shattered that thought by buying Hunt. Would love to see what abiliy some of the former academy lads have.

For me, there are too many players with 6/10 ability, who may on occasions hit 7/10 but who would never get anywhere near an 8 or 9

championc wrote: »
    I liked what I "thought" BMD was doing in buying mid 20s lads with potential to improve - but he then shattered that thought by buying Hunt. Would love to see what abiliy some of the former academy lads have.

For me, there are too many players with 6/10 ability, who may on occasions hit 7/10 but who would never get anywhere near an 8 or 9

6 or 7 out of 10!
    are you crazy?
    When have we every had a player reach the dizzying heights of above average this season? McCormack on occasion (when he's not missing penalties :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The Football League have accepted the Appeal ruling and have allowed Cellino a clear run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

The Football League have accepted the Appeal ruling and have allowed Cellino a clear run.

Happy days, were good to go until June at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

BBC interview with him here:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26975707

Seems a little bit greasy to be honest. Let's see if he puts his money where his mouth is...

6 or 7 out of 10!
    are you crazy?
    When have we every had a player reach the dizzying heights of above average this season? McCormack on occasion (when he's not missing penalties :rolleyes:)

Zaliukas had a really good start as did Mowatt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

In spite of all the crap we've been through in the past few months, this interview with Cellino inspires some hope. Dammit just when I was starting to accept we are crap I dare to hope we might be able to turn things around again under him - or will it be a case of BMcD where the talk is good but the actions don't match up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

40 years on, I remain a Leeds fan and I will always look out for their results, read any news possible and watch as many games as I can. However, for the sake of my sanity, I need to 'park' my emotional response to all the crud until such time as things stabilise. I'm not looking for Champions League, I'm just looking for the club to get back to focusing on football

• Advertisement

David Haigh has resigned as M.D.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From the BBC article about Haigh's departure:
    His departure comes on the day that West Yorkshire Police confirmed they were "investigating allegations of funds being misappropriated for the purchase of technical equipment".

There is no suggestion that the two events are linked.

Head of crime for Leeds, Det Supt Pat Twiggs said the investigation, which is believed to involve payment for unauthorised hidden cameras, had started after a report was made by the Championship club on Wednesday.

He added: "Enquiries are at an early stage and we are not in a position to give any further information about the nature of the allegation."

Even in a rare week when there's a hint of light at the end of the tunnel, there's always some fcuking thing to take the gloss off it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Im just going to look forward to hopefully getting that next win or two that will prevent a relegation fight and then Ill be looking forward to who we can get in in the summer and who we can get rid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Holy crap, we're winning

mise wrote: »
    Holy crap, we're winning

Just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening. It'll save you from the crushing disappointment that will inevitably follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Luke Murphy with TWO goals.

You wouldn't expect anything less from a one million pound player !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Players know contracts/places for next season are up for grabs........Ta Da..... they start performing. Id still drop more than half the squad. 'fecking' mercenaries.

Another one about the clear out in the summer
    http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-preparing-for-big-summer-clearout-1-6563276

Names mentioned
    Danny Pugh, Michael Brown, El-Hadji Diouf and Jamie Ashdown, Paul Green, Luke Varney, Gboly Ariyibi and Adam Drury, Jack Butland and Jimmy Kebe, David Norris,

They go on to list players and the expiration on their contracts

2014 - Jamie Ashdown, Alex Cairns, Danny Pugh, Adam Drury, Michael Brown, El-Hadji Diouf, Paul Green, Gboly Ariyibi, Luke Varney.

2015 - Paddy Kenny, Aidan White, Stephen Warnock, Lee Peltier, Zac Thompson, Marius Zaliukas, Rodolph Austin, Michael Tonge, David Norris, Noel Hunt, Matt Smith, Dominic Poleon.

2016 - Tom Lees, Jason Pearce, Scott Wootton, Steve Morison, Sam Byram, Luke Murphy, Chris Dawson.

2017 - Ross McCormack, Alex Mowatt, Cameron Stewart.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think that everyone who is out of contract at the end of this season will be let go. Hopefully there'll be a few more that follow them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I think that everyone who is out of contract at the end of this season will be let go. Hopefully there'll be a few more that follow them.

Morrison and Kenny stand out to me as the ones that will still be in contract that are out of favour, will attract interest and bring in fees of some kind. Both would be in the higher end of wages two I'd imagine. It'll all be aboit the type of player that we bring in. Fingers crossed Butland and Wickham were a sign of what's to come.

Tonge and Hunt would be the biggest earners that we'll struggle to sell.

Warnock, Byram, Lees, Wooton, Pearce, Mowatt, Stewart. Murphy, Smith and McCormack are the base that we have going forward. Maybe Austin is seen that way too. Surround them with players of equal or better quality and there's a decent team there.

Hopefully Millwall and FOrrest will take Pelts and Morison. If only someone would show some interest in Norris, Hunt, Tonge and Austin. Rudy has his level but in reality, he's a solid but only an average C'Ship player

Morrison and Kenny stand out to me as the ones that will still be in contract that are out of favour, will attract interest and bring in fees of some kind. Both would be in the higher end of wages two I'd imagine. It'll all be aboit the type of player that we bring in. Fingers crossed Butland and Wickham were a sign of what's to come.

Tonge and Hunt would be the biggest earners that we'll struggle to sell.

Warnock, Byram, Lees, Wooton, Pearce, Mowatt, Stewart. Murphy, Smith and McCormack are the base that we have going forward. Maybe Austin is seen that way too. Surround them with players of equal or better quality and there's a decent team there.

that's 10 players you've mentioned there as the basis of a decent team.
    We've had games where most if not all of those players started and were awful.
    Maybe the basis of a decent squad but by no means a decent starting 11 based on this season.

Good start at Oakwell. Lets hope they keep it going. 2 wins in a row would be like manna from heaven at this stage:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

It's almost biblical that Leeds form is resurrected at Easter. We might be saved from crucifixion yet.

Also, hopefully Butland isn't afraid of crosses :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

That's two wins from two for the new manager, Cellino. :)

On a serious note, by my calculations we are now safe from relegation this season.

Thats a great result away to a team playing to stay in the championship, alot of teams in our position would have been happy/lucky with a draw id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Some goal by Ross too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I think the stability now means the players and team management can focus on actual football now. Starting to show.
    A winning streak to the end of the season would be nice, but Im probably being a little bit too optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lee Peltier played the whole second half of Forest's game with Birmingham with a broken jaw bone.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    Lee Peltier played the whole second half of Forest's game with Birmingham with a broken jaw bone.

hope it hurt!

Burnley are gone up. Just saying.

I wish it had been us. :(

Ffs, one down already. :(

Zaph wrote: »
    Ffs, one down already. :(

The space he had to run into is criminal, our defence is so bad. I dont know if its the players or the setup.

we lose every week!
    you're nothing special, we lose every week!

That's shocking defending :mad:

Theres that space again leaving the right back one on one. They seem to be getting dragged out to the ball or are told to go to it.

Either way, we do not have two central defenders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Comical defending that from Wooton. 2 down after 15 mins

And its 2! How crap are we!

• Advertisement

I thought the ref could only stop it if its a head injury and not if two players on the same team get in each others way?

In fairness, the ref's not the best. Booking Mackie for that handball is a bit harsh.

this is so rubbish. I know Im stating the bleedn obvious like, but it is awful to watch. Im going back to the snooker

long balls again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Why is Hunt still getting a look in.. he shouldn't be anywhere near the matchday squad, let alone starting.

SarahBM wrote: »
    this is so rubbish. I know Im stating the bleedn obvious like, but it is awful to watch. Im going back to the snooker

Could not agree more. Dreadful stuff from Leeds. Bloody L.O & Wolves was better:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Does anyone else agree that Matt Smith wouldn't have landed so awkwardly if he wasn't after getting the pull on his jersey?

ref is usless, but in fairness we are pretty gawd damn awful so Im not sure if getting decisions our way would even help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Ah these commentators are cat altogether, they think Warnock "tweaked his calf" when he quite clearly made ribbons of his left ankle.

That was pathetic muck.

would there be much of a fine if we didn't turn up for the rest of the games this season (as in forfeit, not our usual 11 couldn't care less dopes on the field).

Would be great to tell 75% of the players, thanks for all the hard work this season but you can fcuk off now and never come back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement