Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I cannot believe we were that bad.

It was awful to watch really. Im just so POed with the whole team, maybe barr Ross McCormack who seems to be the only one actually trying. And possibly Smith for like a half a second when he came on. I cannot understand McDermotts logic of not starting Smith yet sticking with the likes of Browne. I just dont get it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

would there be much of a fine if we didn't turn up for the rest of the games this season (as in forfeit, not our usual 11 couldn't care less dopes on the field).

Would be great to tell 75% of the players, thanks for all the hard work this season but you can fcuk off now and never come back.

We haven't been turning up for most of the season, so I don't see how we could be fined for not doing so for the remainder.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Im just so POed with the whole team, maybe barr Ross McCormack who seems to be the only one actually trying.

I can't believe he's the top scorer in the division considering the sort of support and service he gets from the rest of the team. I hate to say it but he really deserves a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

I cannot believe we were that bad.

It was awful to watch really. Im just so POed with the whole team, maybe barr Ross McCormack who seems to be the only one actually trying. And possibly Smith for like a half a second when he came on. I cannot understand McDermotts logic of not starting Smith yet sticking with the likes of Browne. I just dont get it.

Noel Hunt has been worse than Brown which is saying something.
    And we're contractually stuck with him for what, another 2 seasons at least?

can't imagine there would be any club that would take him. He is absolutely brutal.
    Hopefully Cellino has budgeted for paying off the contracts of the rubbish players just to get them out of the club.

Did Hunt even touch the ball? I dont think the commentators mentioned him once!

Highlight of the match for me was Forest's replacement keeper! *swoon*

:D

Noel Hunt has been worse than Brown which is saying something.
    And we're contractually stuck with him for what, another 2 seasons at least?

can't imagine there would be any club that would take him. He is absolutely brutal.
    Hopefully Cellino has budgeted for paying off the contracts of the rubbish players just to get them out of the club.

If you have money to burn/piss away/throw down the drain - then buying a club like Leeds is the thing to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Did Hunt even touch the ball? I dont think the commentators mentioned him once!

Highlight of the match for me was Forest's replacement keeper! *swoon*

:D

I did see him fall over in the box when there was nobody around him and then about 5 minutes later, launch himself karate style to try to control a terrible punt forward by Warnock, getting nowhere near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I did see him fall over in the box when there was nobody around him and then about 5 minutes later, launch himself karate style to try to control a terrible punt forward by Warnock, getting nowhere near it.

The keeper?

Hijpo wrote: »
    The keeper?

Think he means hunt:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Zaph wrote: »
    I can't believe he's the top scorer in the division considering the sort of support and service he gets from the rest of the team. I hate to say it but he really deserves a better team.
    Norwich???

• Advertisement

Think he means hunt:p

I wasnt sure :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Well thats the lucky tracksuit gone in the bin .. along with the season and a dozen of the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

David Moyes for Leeds Utd:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

David Moyes for Leeds Utd:D

No thanks, Give me Larry and Preston can have him

appalling the way Moyes was treated in the end but I dont want him near Leeds. we're not bad enough!

Would love Grayson back but with a proper defensive coach at his side. Defence was always shaky enough under him, but he is Leeds through and through, and we need some one who can instil that kind of passion in the players. we need to be bringing though the youngsters too. what the hell do we even have an academy for like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

appalling the way Moyes was treated in the end but I dont want him near Leeds. we're not bad enough!

I was just checking the stats and David Moyes was Premier League manager of the month 10 times. This puts him in 3rd place behind Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger. He was obviously doing something right at Everton. I wouldn't mind him being Leeds manager but I reckon he'll get another Premier League club. Spurs, Newcastle, or Aston Villa come to mind.

Spurs Id say

Spurs Id say
    I doubt it, I think his stint at united has put a big dent in his capabilities as a manager, maybe norwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

David Moyes is out of our league unfortunately. The whole manager situation these days is crazy. Only 7 of the 20 premiership clubs have a manager who is in the job for more than a year. Only 3 of them have a manager who is in the job for more than 2 years! I don't think Moyes has been totally ruined by his time at Utd - there were too many other factors contributing to his downfall there to just say it was all his fault so I think Spurs or Newcastle could well be his next home. Anyway, that's for another thread.
    Whatever happens in our remaining few games there can be little doubt now that BMcD will be gone before the summer transfers begin so the only question is, will Cellino go back to his original plan with Uncle Festa or will he look to recruit from the English leagues. Of course he could just be waiting for Klopp! :D

• Advertisement

Never realised that Paddy Kenny has been fully fit for the past two months so that's one player off the wagebill me thinks. All the noise was that he must have been injured with Cairns as the backup in each matchday squad

From another forum, I read
    "not being played as 1 more game gives him another 12 month contract"

Bad and all as we are, Birmingham must be absolute muck seeing as we're 3-1 up away to them.

BUT WE WON!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was a nice win. Just seeing it there, what has gone on at Birmingham? If they don't win their game in hand, they'll need to better some teams results to avoid relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Benito Carbone rumoured to be the next leeds manager.

I would prefer someone with more experience.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

INEEDANID wrote: »
    Benito Carbone rumoured to be the next leeds manager.

I would prefer someone with more experience.

Any thoughts?

Carbone was at the game yesterday but Cellino has said that he's coming over to work with the academy possibly and is doing it for free.

• Advertisement

I haven never heard of the guy to be honest.

Will Celino sack Mc Dermott?

I haven never heard of the guy to be honest.

Used to play for Sheffield Wednesday in the 90s and then had a season at Villa. Played for a few other English clubs to iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Cellino needs to very quickly make his intensions clear for next season

1. Needs to either back or sack McD - we need a whole rebuild of a team so need business done early

2. Season tickets announced on Wednesday so clear intentions will boost sales

One of his mates is coming in to look after the academy... for free... please tell me this isnt the start of Feeds United

Ross in the PFA Championship team of the year. Not surprisingly nobody else made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Cellino's latest comments were made out to be potentially in support of BMcD but the last line is a bit strange: “He was a good coach at Reading and maybe he can be a good coach here. But he isn’t a manager.” Surely he's not planning the continental style of Technical Director and Coach instead of just a manager. Haven't seen it work well anywhere in England.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He has been quoted in the past as saying that he wants a Head Coach and not a manager and it's looking like he is sticking to this plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

We all agree that the background stuff which has been going on for years at Leeds has been too much for every manager we've had since the bust. Perhaps if we can separate that away from the football, BMD might shine again and get the best out of our players. I think it's worth a shot because you don't turn in to a poor football person overnight, you just get your confidence shaken

Last game of the season.

I dont know if Im happy or sad about that

Derby one up.

*insert string of curse words here*

Usual good start:rolleyes:

Half time.

Eddie keeps saying how is actually enjoying the match for once. maybe not the score, but the football is entertaining enough.

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MATT SMITH!

An honourable draw to finish the season. Good riddance to it now. As the song says " The only way is up, baby":).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Thank God thats over.

Will be an interesting summmer with plenty of ins and outs I hope. Would love to see some good early business in the transfer market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

When does the transfer season start ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

tfer wrote: »
    When does the transfer season start ?

9th of june

I dont want to even think about transfers, Im just celebrating the fact that we didnt get relegated this season! :D

cheers!

Not again :(

Sport Capital have issued a winding up petition because £1m that they were owed hasn't been repaid. Surely there can't be any more debts that Cellino will have to pay off, can there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I fully expect that to be sorted before the petition is heard. However I think most people are a little bit apathetic at the minute. Cellino made a lot of noises when he completed the takeover but so far we're seeing very little action. As someone said on Twitter (think it was Phil Hay), no more talk of buying back ER or TA, has not sat down with BMcD to discuss players, and still debts to clear - it's not the knight in shining armour exactly is it!

Ross has now given himself an easy and smooth way out. He will only accept playing in the C'Ship next season if there is clear intent to "go for it". Early indications suggest that Cellino is looking to consolidate next season and only push the year after that. That would imply progressing with youth, the cheapest option. Drastic actions have to be taken now to stop haemoraging cash at the rate we are.

Obviously it's safe to assume now that all players' whose contracts expire this summer are finished. TBH, if any were worth keeping, they would have been sorted out at Christmas if not sooner. I think we can expect a few with another year on their contracts to be Transfer Listed come July.

And we can only hope and pray that the Lions want to keep Morison

News from the Star saying that he's preparing to axe up to 70 jobs. While you would immediately cry "Star" and "Bullsh1t" in the same sentence, the latest Club accounts speaks volumes.

Staff - 206

of these
    Non Football Mgmt/Admin Staff - 128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Add to this that the are closing TA for the summer (to cut costs) and it is the usual circus of LUFC. There is so much to sort out at the club before promotion is even a consideration in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement