Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

championc wrote: »
    Big news from the past hour

1. Jonathan Rossini and Soulemayne Doukara both coming

2. Club now debt free and have 20m + working capital - this excludes McCormack money

3. Stadium to be bought back and will NOT be renamed to any corporate brand.

4. Haigh still locked up in Dubai :)

I'm way more interested in number 2 + 3 here.

Dare I get the hopes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Wow! The fact that the stadium is ours again makes me feel a whole lot better. How much money do you reckong Celino has forked out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

SarahBM wrote: »
    Wow! The fact that the stadium is ours again makes me feel a whole lot better. How much money do you reckong Celino has forked out?

A few fingers I'd say!

Also allowing flags into end stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Id be both surprised & shocked if Cellinio has managed to prise that away from Papa Smurf.
    Papa Smurf would always know a good gouge when he saw one & hanging on to ER by every means possible seems to be a potentially goood one.
    Given
    1/ LUFC needs somewhere to play & speccies to attend
    2/ No matter what LUFC's form nearly always 20K or around that turn up to most games
    3/ & the real money clincher. At some point even by accident the club will eventually end up back in the PL. Then the real squeeze on rent can begin......

Me thinks Cellinio would have had to come to some co ownership agreement on this one.
    From one Gangsta to another so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

It seems more that it will be the Ross money that buys the stadium back so we won't have any disgruntled fans because of his sale to Fulham.

Also, I forgot point 5 - Smith going nowhere, the Lions (and anyone else) will be firmly told to go and look elsewhere.

So one hell of a happy Friday me thinks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

All very encouraging... still a few promises in there - I'll wait for proof re the players and stadium but am a whole lot more hopeful then a few weeks back!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's far too much optimism on this thread for my liking. I will maintain my usual pessimistic demeanour so as to avoid the inevitable disappointment when some or all of these plans fail to come to fruition.

Cellino is now insisting that all players must live in Leeds and that they'll stay together the night before home games to ensure that they're free from distraction and get a good night's sleep. Oh, and he's buying a bus.

All very encouraging... still a few promises in there - I'll wait for proof re the players and stadium but am a whole lot more hopeful then a few weeks back!

Rossini already training with the squad and Doukara joining them tomorrow.

The other bit of news was that all players will be "required" to live in Leeds. He won't tolerate Morison commuting from Norfolk. It will be part of all contracts.

I have to say that I now totally believe in this guy. His heart is totally in what he's doing. He seems to have got the finances totally under control. Buying the stadium saves 1.7m stg per year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

That's nuts about Haigh. Seven weeks and counting in prison. Hasn't even been charged with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Zaph wrote: »
    Cellino is now insisting that all players must live in Leeds and that they'll stay together the night before home games to ensure that they're free from distraction and get a good night's sleep. Oh, and he's buying a bus.
    I wonder will he park it in the penalty area on match days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bloody hell, Richard Naylor has now been sent packing:mad:.

Bloody hell, Richard Naylor has now been sent packing:mad:.

Well with Gibbs and Redders still there, it's maybe not surprising. Not sure if Bromby is still there although, at the time, I think his appointment was only as a coach while he still had a players contract

EDIT : So Bromby also gone. I would expect Redders to go back to the U-18's and for Carbone to lead the U-21's

So Tomasso Bianchi now signed up too. With all of these unknowns, Millwall will find it more difficult to prepare for the first game.

Suddenly I'm thinking about going over for the Dundee game. Could be a good day out

Sounds like we have opposition already scared of us. Constanta never showed up !!!

A game of Leeds XI White vs Leeds XI Gold to kick off instead (Gold being the kit they will play in - not golden oldies)

• Advertisement

I was wondering why the app on my phone came up with an alert saying that the match had been postponed about 15 minutes after the alert to say the match had kicked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

The good news is we won 3-1

The bad news is we lost 3-1

Hockaday out!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 yopy

The club can't even find a team that will turn up to play them at the moment ffs! We're a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Nile Ranger training with the club
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

"In 2007, at the age of 15, he was sentenced to 11 weeks in a Young Offenders Institute after being convicted of participating in street robbery in Muswell Hill, London.

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre, leaving the victim unconscious in the street, but was found not guilty of this in trial in October 2012.[25]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[26] In March 2012 he was convicted of being drunk and disorderly and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £135 costs.[27][better source needed] Prior to this, in May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[28][29] The gun was later handed in.[30][better source needed]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[31] Later in the month he was arrested once more, this time for breaching terms of his bail whilst awaiting trial on four assault charges.[27]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[32] The charge against Ranger was dropped in November 2012 after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[33]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[34] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[35] On 4 March 2014 he was cleared of the charge at Newcastle Crown Court.[36]

On 14 March 2013, Ranger was charge with common assault after an incident in Newcastle city centre.[37]

In July 2013, Ranger once again hit the headlines after getting a tattoo of his own surname on his forehead.[38]

On 3 January 2014, Swindon Town chairman Lee Power confirmed in a press conference that the club would be meeting with Ranger and his management in the following days to confirm his sacking due to his disrespect shown towards the club through constant absence during training. Power said "I'm the chairman of the club and I've got to do what's best for the club. Unfortunately, what's best for the club is having to sit down with Nile and talk about parting ways. While this is ongoing Nile is not training with the squad."[39]

On 23 March 2014, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a taxi in Liverpool.[40]

On 28 April 2014 Ranger was charged with criminal damage after an incident at a block of flats in Swindon on 13 April.[41]"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

......... and in other news Swiss defender Jonathan Rossini has been sent back to his parent club Sassuolo after a previous 1 year loan deal had been struck.

Lifted from Sky

"Club owner Massimo Cellino says Rossini's "attitude" was not right for Leeds.

"We want special players at Leeds United. Rossini didn't show enough during the three days he trained with the rest of the team," he said,

"After speaking to him, it is clear that he didn't have the right attitude to join Leeds, so we have allowed him to leave." "

... and Nile Ranger has the right attitude :confused::confused::confused: .. we're in trouble so !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

More Italians rumoured to be interesting Leeds

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-agent-reveals-viviani-talks-1-6733335

Also we are rumoured to be looking at Andrea Petagna. Some young striker from AC Milian. Loan deal it seems.

Also the return of young Bruce has been touted about as well

Im ignoring the Nile Ranger business and hoping it just goes away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Looks like we have us a Swiss right back from Sampdoria Gaetano Berrardi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaetano_Berardi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Does the "8 of the named 25 man squad has to be made up of 'home-grown players'" rule effect championship teams aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

i wonder who is behind this * very interesting read

https://twitter.com/LUFCtales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i wonder who is behind this * very interesting read

https://twitter.com/LUFCtales

Scary stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If the things said on that Twitter page are true then the club is a complete shambles and we are in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agreed - and given that Phil Hay has confirmed some of it, it sounds like it could be a credible source.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Just another day in LUFC. To be fair I imagine a lot of similar things go on at other clubs however the dirty laundry doesn't get aired in public the same way...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Two of our fixtures have already been changes for Sky - we're not famous anymore!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I'm trying to look at all the positives for the upcoming season and I'm not going to read into Twitter rumours unless they're verified. It seems to me that Cellino and Salerno are really attempting to give the team an influx of signings.

It looks as though Beradi is coming from Sampdoria and apparently there's a good chance that we'll sign Viviani from Roma. Only today Cellino has told Phil Hay that he expects 5 or 6 more signings before the season starts and that he has the intention of keeping Smith. Also he still intends to buy Elland Road by November with a mortgage or straight cash.

The news about the club having £20m capital and possibly soon to be £30m is superb news. Cellino also said he was planning his transfers without knowing we'd be selling McCormack.

I'm very interested in seeing an entire new Leeds team and how we'll play. I don't have much time for negativity about employing a Manager without the experience of being the No.1 in this division. As cliche as it sounds, everyone needs to be United and support the entire staff.

Of course there have been unfortunate redundancies but maybe they were necessary for the clubs annual spend.

I firmly believe that Cellino has aspirations for the club to get promoted and will do what he can to make it happen. He's not going to go through what he went through to get the club for nothing.

JokerD I agree with some of what you're saying but the one point I can't agree on is with the coach Hockaday. The first thing a coach needs to do is have the respect of the players. The fact Hock has no experience or track record would certainly have meant the players would be harder to win over than if he had a proven track record - that's just human nature. So he was up against it from day one. Players won't unite behind someone they don't respect no matter how united the fans might be and the the performance in the first few matches will tell us whether or not he has earned their respect. If not I don't see him lasting beyond September and although I would be delighted to be proven wrong I won't be sorry if I'm right either as I don't think he deserves to be where he is.

I have to agree with @Ceist. You could write the names of every one of the Coaches from the Premiership and you'd possibly struggle to know most of them and I think, in the majority of cases, Managers are not massively involved in the team coaching. However, I do reckon that most of these unknown coaches have worked their way up through the leagues, building on their success as they go. You'll get the odd coach who was a former player and so, fell in nicely into a top club.

So in Hocks case, if he was any use, we any real amount of credibility, he would have at least had some success along the way and would have been retained by Watford when there or would have remained in or around that level.

We all had school teachers, who knew their specific subject inside out, but who just couldn't teach, and who then lost all respect of their pupils.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    JokerD I agree with some of what you're saying but the one point I can't agree on is with the coach Hockaday. The first thing a coach needs to do is have the respect of the players. The fact Hock has no experience or track record would certainly have meant the players would be harder to win over than if he had a proven track record - that's just human nature. So he was up against it from day one. Players won't unite behind someone they don't respect no matter how united the fans might be and the the performance in the first few matches will tell us whether or not he has earned their respect. If not I don't see him lasting beyond September and although I would be delighted to be proven wrong I won't be sorry if I'm right either as I don't think he deserves to be where he is.

He shouldn't be up against it from day one in my opinion. The last two managers for example both have been promoted from this division but for whatever reason are no longer with the club. I'm sure they had the players respect. Why it didn't work and the reasons could be numerous, it can be a combination of many things.

If I'm a player and a coach arrives I don't think to myself he needs to earn my respect, I think to myself I need to earn his respect and get into this Leeds team.

Berardi now confirmed as coming from Sampdoria. Viviani from Roma is still a possibility for a Loan deal but he's mulling over options

Regarding what will or will not happen this season. Im just going to wait and see. Cellino talks a good game and I want to believe what he is saying and I do think from what I can see that he is bringing us in the right direction for the most part but it seemed like GFH where at one point too. So I will not get over excited about any of it until I can see it for myself. 25 years a Leeds fan has taught me that.

Hopefully this Viviana chap will come too. It would seem from the short highlights below that he would be a ready made replacement for McCormacks free kicks and pens

2-0 win away to Guiseley. 86th and 90th minute goals from Pearce and Smith. Doesn't sound particularly convincing.

Zaph wrote: »
    2-0 win away to Guiseley. 86th and 90th minute goals from Pearce and Smith. Doesn't sound particularly convincing.

Im glad they scores two late ones than concede one late one.

Cellino says ranger will not be signing either.

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    Cellino says ranger will not be signing either.

That's the best bit of news I've heard all week.

Of the ten players who finished last season at Elland Road to be linked with clubs, only Matt Smith and Sam Byram remain at Elland Road.
    Lee Peltier, Marius Zaliukas, Luke Varney, Paul Green, Michael Brown, Cameron Stewart and Gboly Ariyibi were all free agents.

Serious clear out, i think this is level of squad change we were looking for when GFH turned up but never happend.

We do seem to be signing/interested in a hell of alot of defenders.

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=364043

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmaGiulianelli

https://mobile.twitter.com/sport_simon

For any of you Twitter heads, these two are worth a follow for Leeds related information. Giulianelli has been giving updates on Viviani and has just been talking about Delort who we've been linked to recently.

Reports coming out that Viviani is all but confirmed on a season long loan.

JokerD wrote: »
    Reports coming out that Viviani is all but confirmed on a season long loan.

This guy could be good. Seems he is highly thought of. Hopefully he signs. Seems he plays from a defensive midfield position but is also quite capable of getting goals too.
    We really need to make up the goals we have lost from the sale of McCormack and not just from our strikers.

Currently 2-0 down away to the mighty Mansfield Town.

EDIT: All over, 2-0.

• Advertisement

I guess Viviani has signed. Pictured outside Mansfields ground.

Scroll down for pic

http://www.squawka.com/news/leeds-target-federico-viviani-pictured-outside-stadium-before-clash-with-mansfield/146238

I hope the Andy Delort link is true. Now there's one who could fill Ross' boots (since Hunt or Morison aren't doing much)

Phil Hay
    Viviani's camp were not at all impressed by last night's game but as it stands, the move to Leeds is still on. #lufc

Hopefully Cellino can assure everyone involved in the deal that things will get better but too much emphasis shouldn't really be put on a pre-season friendly imo.

It doesn't look like that's the problem though. Seems a problem with the contract.

And hopefully he can convince them a better coach will be hired after Hock is fired in the first month! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement