Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Fulham in for Bryam apparently , don't know how credible the source is though ,

8.5 m being mentioned , if it was used on players I would let him go , a perfect example of a young overrated English player , not saying he is a bad player at all , but that money is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

So Vianini gone back to Rome for the weekend to mull over his various options before coming back to Leeds on Monday.

Sounds like it's all down to negotiating over a possible permanent move after a loan. At least we're looking at medium term rather than just the short term.

So Viviani gone back to Rome for the weekend to mull over his various options before coming back to Leeds on Monday.

Sounds like it's all down to negotiating over a possible permanent move after a loan. At least we're looking at medium term rather than just the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

sounds like he's thinking of changing his mind after the crap performance he witnessed during the week.
    probably not blown away by Hockadoodledoo either.

lets see how good Salerno is at selling the club.

My god, have yis all given up on Leeds already ? To be honest, after today, I think you'd be right. 2 - 2 against Chesterfield and we couldn't score from open play !!! The defense is still a shambles and as Lorimer said, we still haven't managed to make any progress in this dept in the past 12 months. Rather than "The Hock" having no plan B, it sounds like there was very little of a plan A either.

As for Viviani, by mid-afternoon, Cellino confirmed the deal was off but by teatime, Viviani's agent confirmed it's not. Monday will tell all but right now, this guy will be our only immediate hope of salvation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Viviani just confirmed on loan, Benedicic very close apparently from AC Milan and we're also strongly linked to Bolonga striker Acquafresca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Acquafresca sounds like a bit of a punt really. Serious potential when younger and doesn't seem to have lived up to it anywhere he's gone. Cellino has signed him twice before tho so should at least know what he's getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

why are lots of Leeds fans panicking so early ? Don Cellino said he has 15m to spend on players , thats more than we've had in 10 years , patience everyone , patience .....he seems to me to be a man of his word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It may have something to do with a non-league manager in charge of a squad that he hasn't chosen, where most of them probably don't speak his language and knowing that if he doesn't look like winning promotion by game 10, he'll be gone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Also the fact that The Hock said that the team he would choose at Chesterfield was the one he considered his strongest team. Only one of the new signings started that match. Delighted we are adding more to the squad though and that will change.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Also the fact that The Hock said that the team he would choose at Chesterfield was the one he considered his strongest team. Only one of the new signings started that match. Delighted we are adding more to the squad though and that will change.

The only thing I would say about the selection last Saturday was that he really didn't have much else to pick from. Some of the new boys would barely have trained with the squad and lets face it, they were all from levels outside Serie A.

The other problem would be that The Hock won't fully know the level of the Championship so therefore won't really know the level the players need to be to be a contending team.

A positive aspect about the new lads is the fact that I think they were all U-21 Internationals so they can' really be muck and more likely to be better than what we have.

Viviani could be the jewel in the Crown - the guy to control and attack from midfield, a guy who can really provide for the strikers.

Some of the loanees careers have somewhat stalled so hopefully they are with us, looking to really impress someone somewhere. Loanees work so long as they chose to come rather than being sent by their clubs (a la Morison)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Have to say I'm uncomfortable with all the loan signings coming in, it's a bit too reminiscent of 2004 when Reid had a raft of loaness in from France primarily, it seemed great at the time to have that bit of flair - Olembe, Domi, Camara, Sakho and of course Roque Junior, but really when the chips were down these fellas didn't give a fiddlers, back to the parent club one way or the other. In saying that I remember Viduka didn't help the cause either. Will be interesting to see how Swindon goes tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Have to say I'm uncomfortable with all the loan signings coming in, it's a bit too reminiscent of 2004 when Reid had a raft of loaness in from France primarily, it seemed great at the time to have that bit of flair - Olembe, Domi, Camara, Sakho and of course Roque Junior, but really when the chips were down these fellas didn't give a fiddlers, back to the parent club one way or the other. In saying that I remember Viduka didn't help the cause either. Will be interesting to see how Swindon goes tonight

Who could forget that season? We sank like a stone.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Who could forget that season? We sank like a stone.

Yeah true, the things I remember distinctly was Kewells transfer (if that's what you'd call it), getting slaughtered by Portsmouth 6-1 :eek:, been at ER to see Robbie K scoring against us and him almost apologetic to the fans and of course Smudger in tears last day of the season.

Starting 11 tonight :

S Taylor, Byram, Pearce, Wootton, Warnock, Murphy, Tonge, Bianchi, Austin, Morison, Doukara

Subs: Silvestri, Lees, Berardi, Cook, Mowatt, Dawson, Smith.

Sheffield Wed thought to have made a bid for Lees - wouldn't like to lose him in fairness

not too bothered about Lees, not really good enough.
    sell him if a better player can be brought in. keep him if not.

My impression is that when we are under pressure or concede in games, his confidence buckles.

BTW, second half about to start vs Swindon - 1 - 1 so far. Live commentary on uStream channel "un-lufc"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

My trusty LiveScore app tells me that Leeds have beaten Swindon 1-2 away from home. Morrison in the 15th minute and Austin in the 47th minute were Leeds' scorers while Smith scored for Swindon in the 31th minute.

Thankfully we got a win as I was beginning to think that our 16-0 win over that local Italian under 9 side was going to be the highlight of the season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

chughes wrote: »
    Thankfully we got a win as I was beginning to think that our 16-0 win over that local Italian under 9 side was going to be the highlight of the season :)

That may still turn out to be the case.

We're still struggling. Keepers had nothing to do in the second half. Bianchi impressing once again and Doukara had some good efforts first half and very unlucky not to score. Berardi quieter than Byram, who he replaced. Might have been a warmup game for Taylor before the Cup match, Silvestri the chosen one me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Hi people. Not too sure whether you play Fantasy Football but if you do

Code: 511902-139648 will get you into a Leeds United fans league

Cheers boys and girls

MOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

trudub83 wrote: »

Cheers boys and girls

MOT

Hopefully next year I'll be able to choose Leeds players :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

trudub83 wrote: »

Cheers boys and girls

MOT

Joined it there anyway.
    iseegirls wrote: »

If Norwich or fulham are promoted you may get ex-Leeds players. That fair enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

iseegirls wrote: »

We all dream that...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Tom Lees looks like he's off to Sheff Wed.

JokerD wrote: »
    Tom Lees looks like he's off to Sheff Wed.

To then be replaced by Liam Cooper, who impressed Salerno last Saturday

championc wrote: »

He better learn Italian :pac:

All the talk of Lees on twitter is that he'll be leaving on a free transfer.

that doesn't make sense.
    He's decent, an England U21 player and has a couple of season's experience in the Championship. Surely he'd be worth somewhere around the 1 million mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

championc wrote: »

Phil Hay now saying that isn't going anywhere after a few rejected bids... back in for another italian no doubt!

• Advertisement

Phil Hay now saying that isn't going anywhere after a few rejected bids... back in for another italian no doubt!

Until Cooper hands in a transfer request !!!

Until Cooper hands in a transfer request !!!

I wonder if Chris Dawson is to be the Sam Byram of this season ... Glenavon admittedly but a hat trick aint bad for a midfielder

Can only maybe see him getting a run out in the League Cup

Actually, maybe a season long loan deal to a L2 or L1 club would really help him to move forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Lees off for an undisclosed fee. He was decent at this level but there are better out there. Buying someone who is though is a different matter...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We definitely need to bring in a couple of quality defenders now. Lees was decent enough so I'm hoping that Cellino already knows who is bringing in to replace him

I'd perfer Cellino to have been looking to replace Wootton TBH so that a new guy would start alongside Pearce

According to Twitter, Viviani has turned us down and has signed for Latina instead.

Glad with the culling that's going on but we do need to actually sign some players.

anyone else starting to get a little worried at the state of our squad with 8 days to the start of the season?

no replacement for the goals we lost last season. Matt Smith isn't going to score 20+ goals. We already need to supplement the 10+ goals he got last season anyway. Morison and Hunt are both rubbish.

Only a right back bought to improve a woeful defense when we already had a good right back.

Is Bianchi the creative spark we need in midfield?
    We'll still be stuck with Austin who can't pass water.

Nothing seems to happen when Cellino isn't at Elland Road. Apparently he's back there today so hopefully we'll see some good reinforcements.

If we're linked with any other wasters like Andre Blackman and Nile Ranger, god help us.
    Surprised we haven't been talking with Lee Hughes and bringing back Marlon King.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    According to Twitter, Viviani has turned us down and has signed for Latina instead.

A real pity that. I think we all were putting a lot of hope in this guy being our messiah. Bianchi will need to fire on all cylinders now for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The Squad numbers were revealed today. It looks like Paddy Kenny and the 17 shirt are gone.

Full Squad List:
    1. Marco Silvestri
    2. Sam Byram
    3. Stephen Warnock
    4. Rodolph Austin
    6. Jason Pearce
    7. Luke Murphy
    9. Matt Smith
    10. Noel Hunt
    11. Aidan White
    12. Gaetano Berardi
    13. Stuart Taylor
    14. Tommaso Bianchi
    15. Scott Wootton
    18. Michael Tonge
    19. Steve Morison
    20. David Norris
    21. Charlie Taylor
    22. Zac Thompson
    23. Lewis Cook
    24. Chris Dawson
    25. Ross Killock
    26. Dominic Poleon
    27. Alex Mowatt
    28. Lewis Walters
    29. Souleymane Doukara
    30. Alex Cairns -

And so it appears that the Viviani deal isn't dead afterall. This lad comes with the reputation of being the real deal.

Also confirmed late last night that Benedicic deal is done. Doubt he'll be in Leeds today though. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about a midweek behind closed doors friendly before Millwall next Saturday.

Looks like Carbone has been given the bullet too

The start of Cellino's revolving door policy that featured so much at Cagliari?

2-0 win home to Dundee United. Morison and Poleon scored.

I have to say, I'm beginning to feel optimistic. It was refreshing to see the amount of passing backwards and sideways yesterday. Any long balls were to specific targets rather than aimless hoofball.

As for the new boys, Bianchi is a class act and Doukara looking better by the game, and Berardi is pretty decent too. So basically, the new boys are actually looking like they are improvements on what we had.

Playing the passing game now rather than hoofball will somewhat remove Smiths natural game which moves Morison up the pecking order. The crowd turning on him last week may just have been the real kick in the arse he needed.

And as for Viviani, I just wonder if Cellino felt that he suddenly had enough cover with Benedicic coming in now. And the need to replace Lees appears to have steered us now towards Frederik Sorensen from Juve

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Leeds confirm the signing of Zan Benedicic on a season-long loan from AC Milan, subject to international clearance. David Hockaday said: “Zan is a versatile, strong and technical midfield player. He has massive potential and comes highly recommended by AC Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I'm only happy about these season long loan deals if we have the option to sign them on a permanent basis if they do well.

• Advertisement

We have the option to buy him at the end of the season. Exciting prospect by all accounts. Was already in Leeds on Saturday and trained with the squad today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement