Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

So Bellusci now officially confirmed on a one year loan; remains to be seen if it's with an option to buy.

Fee agreed for Cooper, medical and personal terms tomorrow.

Also it's just been reported we've agrees a few for Billy Sharp
    Press Association Sport understands Southampton have agreed an undisclosed fee with Leeds for the transfer of Billy Sharp. #lufc #saintsfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

hope it doesn't include Bryam going the other way.

If warnock/GFH were still in charge it would be Sharp + 200k for Byram.

Not too excited by this signing if it goes ahead to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

SarahBM wrote: »
    has anyone got LUTV for this season, Im debating on whether to get it or not

I have it as in the last few years I have been travelling a bit overseas and didn't know how to access the BBC iplayer to watch the Football League Show.

I haven't cancelled my membership as I like have access to the commentary without searching around on the internet for radio links.

But, if I was you I wouldn't bother getting it as:

- No iphone compatable version
    - Today got an e-mail saying that there was an hour of build up. I only logged on with 20 minutes to go, but only saw the pitch announcer interviewing kids on the pitch and ads.
    - Prefer Adam Pope's commentary, and now BBC Radio Leeds are going to have an hour of build-up. Listened to this on Saturday and thought that Ian Baird was very insightful.
    - For away matches, there is going to be no post-match analysis, whereas BBC Radio Leeds will do.
    - Finally, that 'weareleedsmot2' bloke on twitter always has links to highlights/interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

How many loan signings can you have in total in your matchday squad and is there a limit of loan players you can have in your team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

as far as I know it's 5 in your match day squad.

I think all of these players are on loan with an option to purchase at end of the season:
    Doukara
    Berardi
    Bianchi
    Bellusci
    Benadicic

we'd better be careful with our administration!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Lots of interest in tonight's game, I see. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Fell over the line after dominating for 80 odd mins, hopefully it's a confidence builder .. err hopefully..*whispers* Accrington Stanley jaysis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

as far as I know it's 5 in your match day squad.

I think all of these players are on loan with an option to purchase at end of the season:
    Doukara
    Berardi
    Bianchi
    Bellusci
    Benadicic

we'd better be careful with our administration!!

Well we needn't worry about Berardi for a couple of games anyway, he got a straight reed tonight.

Sharp having a medical tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

JokerD wrote: »
    Sharp having a medical tomorrow

Doukara took his second very well, great nutmeg and confident finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Looks like 3 new players to be confirmed tomorrow.

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=366497

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sheela wrote: »
    - Prefer Adam Pope's commentary, and now BBC Radio Leeds are going to have an hour of build-up. Listened to this on Saturday and thought that Ian Baird was very insightful.
    - For away matches, there is going to be no post-match analysis, whereas BBC Radio Leeds will do.

How do you listen to BBC Radio Leeds? Isn't it usually blocked online when there is a Leeds game on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I presume you can hear the build up/post match, just not the comms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kingp35 wrote: »
    How do you listen to BBC Radio Leeds? Isn't it usually blocked online when there is a Leeds game on?

He could have US Unblock and have his country set to the UK

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He could have US Unblock and have his country set to the UK

Aren't all online streams blocked in the UK too? I use Zenmate so I suppose I can try it out for the next game.

• Advertisement

2 year deal for Billy Sharp ... smacks of a panic buy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Streams originate from people living in Leeds who get the broadcasts on local FM radio and then are using uStream and the likes. So Tunein will only work for pre-match commentary or other non-matchday broadcasts. Listen out from Thom Kirwan's new programme on Radio Yorkshire this evening from 7-9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

And Cooper completes the trio for today. Three year deal confirmed in the last hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully they do the job anyway.

Really like that away jersey. But the website layout is now dreadful with the ads on the side.

• Advertisement

Now pursuing a deal for Kieran Agard, story coming online soon via Phil Hay.

Also Ema Guilainelli is saying that Antenucci is closer to Leeds

We got drawn away to Bradford in the Carling Cup second round.

Great bit of business done this week. We all wanted an overhaul of the squad which has happened.
    For me the only question now is can Hockaday get the best out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

@seantaylorpress
    I'm told Kieran Agard's proposed move to Leeds is OFF. Personal terms couldn't be agreed. I understand deal won't be resurrected #lufc #rufc

iseegirls wrote: »
    @seantaylorpress
    I'm told Kieran Agard's proposed move to Leeds is OFF. Personal terms couldn't be agreed. I understand deal won't be resurrected #lufc #rufc

Yup backed up by Cellino too ..

Onto Adryan from Cagliari so .. :pac:

Id love to know what the personal terms could be that these players and clubs cannot agree on.

"According to Cellino, he "didn't like Agard's attitude." For whatever reason, it's all gone wrong. " courtesy of Phil Hay

Jaysis .. Cellino... only his mother could love him in fairness

The squad is a bit bloated at the moment anyway. I expect a few leaving over the next few days. Norris, Kenny and Hunt hopefully.
    And loan out Thompson, Killock, Dawson, Mowatt and Poleon.

Squad so far (only including guys who have been given a squad number)

No Name Position
    1 Marco Silvestri GK
    13 Stuart Taylor GK
    30 Alex Cairns GK

2 Sam Byram DF
    3 Stephen Warnock DF
    5 Giuseppe Bellusci DF
    6 Jason Pearce DF
    12 Gaetano Berardi DF
    15 Scott Wootton DF
    21 Charlie Taylor DF
    22 Zac Thompson DF
    25 Ross Killock DF
    32 Liam Cooper DF

4 Rodolph Austin MF
    7 Luke Murphy MF
    11 Aidy White MF
    14 Tommaso Bianchi MF
    18 Michael Tonge MF
    20 David Norris MF
    23 Lewis Cook DF
    24 Chris Dawson MF
    27 Alex Mowatt MF
    31 Zan Benedicic MF

8 Billy Sharp FW
    9 Matt Smith FW
    10 Noel Hunt FW
    16 Nicky Ajose FW
    19 Steve Morison FW
    26 Dominic Poleon FW
    28 Lewis Walters FW
    29 Souleymane Doukara FW

Mowatt won't be loaned out, well at least he shouldn't be. Cellino and Hockaday both seem to like Hunt so I doubt he will be going anywhere either.

It would be great if we could get rid of Kenny and Norris but I doubt there will be any teams interested in signing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

DoctaDee wrote: »
    "According to Cellino, he "didn't like Agard's attitude." For whatever reason, it's all gone wrong. " courtesy of Phil Hay

Jaysis .. Cellino... only his mother could love him in fairness

So money basically

So money basically

Yup absolutely

Agard's agent - "They had a budget that they were sticking to and we couldn't agree to that

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Mowatt won't be loaned out, well at least he shouldn't be. Cellino and Hockaday both seem to like Hunt so I doubt he will be going anywhere either.

I'd still rather if players like Mowatt and poleon went and got first team action in a different team - if only the loan spell was for a month or two.

Can't see how Hunt can force himself back into the team after his last two performances (only judged from radio analysis and opinions on Waccoe) - plus the arrival of Sharp and Morison coming back will make it harder.

Aidy White's Leeds career must be coming to an end soon I'd say. After his injury clears up, he'll probably go out on loan.

iseegirls wrote: »
    I'd still rather if players like Mowatt and poleon went and got first team action in a different team - if only the loan spell was for a month or two.

Can't see how Hunt can force himself back into the team after his last two performances (only judged from radio analysis and opinions on Waccoe) - plus the arrival of Sharp and Morison coming back will make it harder.

Aidy White's Leeds career must be coming to an end soon I'd say. After his injury clears up, he'll probably go out on loan.

Seems Agard didnt arrive for the meeting on time, I can see why that would have put cellino in a less than obliging humour even before agard started making wage demands.

Rumours hotting up that we're signing Adryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Sky Sports is free today lads. Kick off at 12:15.

All Boro so far, we keep giving the ball away and can't string two passes together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

We cant string a pass together at all

look like the formation doesnt suit us at all , has Bianchi touched it yet ??

AS for Cooper , jaysus man take a touch and stop trying to kick it over the stand !!!!!

• Advertisement

definite foul great decision !!

haha what a howler from the ref ....hopefully it wakes us up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Watching on mute, what was it even disallowed for? High feet or something?

Cracking goal, didn't see anything wrong with it myself but it's a nice relief. Leeds have been very poor.

No idea why the goal was disallowed, major let off there. Ajose has the look of a headless chicken about him. As the one player that Hockaday wanted himself, I've not been impressed with him.

high foot !

Serious let off , nothing wrong with it , was a great finish , as for our defending

:confused::confused::confused:

Zaph wrote: »
    No idea why the goal was disallowed, major let off there. Ajose has the look of a headless chicken about him. As the one player that Hockaday wanted himself, I've not been impressed with him.

one of our better players today i think

one of our better players today i think

Yeah, probably a bit unfair to single him out, they're all crap.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Yeah, probably a bit unfair to single him out, they're all crap.

haha agreed !

get the hairdryer out at HT

Would have preferred to see Smith come on instead of Tonge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

keep the info coming please, my stream just died

You're not missing much, it's pretty boring and the standard of football from both teams is poor. Poleon just on for Ajose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lewis Cook on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement