Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

prepare yourselves, the Tesco bag jokes and memes are coming! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Ill be glad when the manager is in place and we can just get down to the squad coming together and getting results. Its been a great summer for reading whats going on at Leeds but Im looking forward now to just focusing on the football (until January that is;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Ill be glad when the manager is in place and we can just get down to the squad coming together and getting results. Its been a great summer for reading whats going on at Leeds but Im looking forward now to just focusing on the football (until January that is;))

I think we've done our January business already because we expect to be hit with an embargo due to GFH's losses last year.

I'd love a clean sheet but I think it will be a 2-1 win.
    I'll happily take 6nil, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

2-0 up now :D Secondd on stroke of halft ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Another lovely goal from Doukara. Adryan on NOW please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Scoring 3, clean sheet and 3 points against Huddersfield... Am I in dreamland

Scoring 3, clean sheet and 3 points against Huddersfield... Am I in dreamland

Take in the red card and no, no your are not!

Absolutely buzzin. Great win. It's incredible to see three up top looking dangerous. Rudi is a transformed character. I think he's much happier attacking goal rather than with his back to one defending. It seems his confidence is sky high. Antenucci is so strong and powerful. It will be an enjoyable flight home. #mot #mccormackwho #lufcdayout

Also Berardi never got the ball so had to go. His first card was harsh though I thought. What did Eddie Gray think about it?

You swear it was Hudds who were down to ten men. It seemed to inspire us more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

championc wrote: »
    What did Eddie Gray think about it?

He agreed that it was a red and him and Thom Kirwin was saying before the sending off that him and Bellusci should be subbed...

Sheela wrote: »
    He agreed that it was a red and him and Thom Kirwin was saying before the sending off that him and Bellusci should be subbed...

I certainly expected a Berardi subbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Both LUTV and Adam Pope asked NR had he thought of subbing him and he said on the BBC that in hindsight he should have....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Sturm Graz have confirmed that Darko Milanic will be Leeds next coach.
    Delighted with the win yesterday, is it too early to be optimistic about the season.
    I do have a good feeling about it, but I have to keep reminding myself it is Leeds Utd I'm thinking about

The way we have caught up recently and how tight things are, you really feel that with a team firing on all cylinders, there's a real chance this season.

tfer wrote: »
    Sturm Graz have confirmed that Darko Milanic will be Leeds next coach.
    Delighted with the win yesterday, is it too early to be optimistic about the season.
    I do have a good feeling about it, but I have to keep reminding myself it is Leeds Utd I'm thinking about

While I think it is too early to be optimistic, it is great to see them up in the mix of teams. I'm not expecting them to get automatic or maybe not even win the playoffs, but Leeds are a club who should be in this position. Lets hope the run continues, and some positive comes from the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

SS News reporting that Milanic will be installed today. Is he the the Messiah, I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

SS News reporting that Milanic will be installed today. Is he the the Messiah, I wonder?

Far from it, but should be enough to get us up a division in the next two years. It's Cellino that'll be the Messiah if we get back to the Premiership, with a big nod to Salerno. His players that are looking good enough for the job. Milanic has a winning past (although in the Slovenian league) and didn't seem to have much to work with at Sturm Graz so there's definitely potential for him to do the job. Fingers crossed that he's smart enough to take on board what Redders has done over the last few weeks and keep it going.

That fact that we have gotten the results that we have recently without Adryan, Montenegro, Del Fabro, Byram and Bendicic playing or Billy Sharp really fitting in is insane. It'll take the pressure of the new lads needing to rescue us but give them a different, positive kind of pressure in that if they aren't scoring or playing well that there are others ready and waiting on their place in the team.

2-yr deal for Milanic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Wasn't the 1st fella crucified in the end ? ... anyways he's here now just hope it brings a good deal of stability to the club because it starting to feel like we have a squad that can contend ..

If there is a language barrier, I hope he deals with it the smart Pochettino way, using an interpreter to avoid any misunderstanding even though he could speak English, rather than the dumb Trap way, spending ages saying nothing and having misunderstandings with players rather than use his interpreter all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy...... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

If there is a language barrier, I hope he deals with it the smart Pochettino way, using an interpreter to avoid any misunderstanding even though he could speak English, rather than the dumb Trap way, spending ages saying nothing and having misunderstandings with players rather than use his interpreter all the time.

Apparently he is fluent in a number of languages

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Conflicting reports still that he has signed and also hearing some nonsense about him not favouring youth in a team.

I'd imagine it is a comment taken out of context and used to sell a story, he does criticise young players who get big contracts and don't justify / perform to that level. He was hunger and passion to be shown in the jersey which must be a good thing.

While I do think appointing another coach was the right decision over NR I hope it has been managed fairly and NR given the respect that he deserves for the last few weeks by MC.

To be honest, nobody anywhere expected NR to turn things around so spectacularly. Saturdays' game was a revelation, in the way Leeds played. You would happily see us play Forest or Norwich this weekend, the way we played on Saturday. Given NR's comments about managing, after the game, you'd wonder if MC suddenly had a change of mind - and offer DM the Academy instead ???

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »

I see the press release originally had Sterm Graz the 'Slovenian' side on the website until they copped it was Sturm Graz and 'Austrian' - who ever runs the site and twitter has had a few fails in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bloody hell, Cellino WILL have a say in team selection:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The happy positive feeling didn't last long did it...

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    The happy positive feeling didn't last long did it...

Never Does ;)

I see the press release originally had Sterm Graz the 'Slovenian' side on the website until they copped it was Sturm Graz and 'Austrian' - who ever runs the site and twitter has had a few fails in recent times.

I'd say that whoever the press officer was got redundancy and there's an intern in there now running the shop on 10% of the original cost.
    quarryman wrote: »

Find that any article the Guardian have written on Leeds has been biased against us and also full of crap. They dig up facts that are months old and have already been reported on numerous times by the likes of the YEP. And the fact that they used the Phil Neville quote in and shape or form makes me doubt that they have a clue what they're talking about. MC isn't worried and nothing from Phil Hay or Adam Pope on Twitter is giving me the impression that MC isn't well able to deal with whatever comes from the Italian courts or Shaun Harvey.

Guardian Article I refer to, and am really baseing my whole view of the GUardian on: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/24/darko-milanic-leeds-united-new-manager

Direct Phil Neville quote which really irked me as he must think that Milanic was managing in Slovenia, assumes NR wanted the job and calling someone quite a bit older than yourself "lad" is very disrespectful:
    “I think it’s a disgrace Leeds have gone to Slovenia and brought in a lad, Milanic, I’ve never heard of,” said the former Manchester United, Everton and England defender turned BBC pundit. “In Neil Redfearn they’ve got someone with quality and experience who knows what the club is all about. It just seems a stupid appointment.”

I'd say that whoever the press officer was got redundancy and there's an intern in there now running the shop on 10% of the original cost.

Find that any article the Guardian have written on Leeds has been biased against us and also full of crap. They dig up facts that are months old and have already been reported on numerous times by the likes of the YEP. And the fact that they used the Phil Neville quote in and shape or form makes me doubt that they have a clue what they're talking about. MC isn't worried and nothing from Phil Hay or Adam Pope on Twitter is giving me the impression that MC isn't well able to deal with whatever comes from the Italian courts or Shaun Harvey.

Guardian Article I refer to, and am really baseing my whole view of the GUardian on: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/24/darko-milanic-leeds-united-new-manager

Direct Phil Neville quote which really irked me as he must think that Milanic was managing in Slovenia, assumes NR wanted the job and calling someone quite a bit older than yourself "lad" is very disrespectful:

That Neville quote reads a bit like "how dare they bring in someone that I, Phil Neville, have never heard of!" :)

I wonder wil the latest blog on Bates and ER and TA ownership dribble into the general media stream ? Points fingers at Harvey too

http://www.2900miles.com/ken-bates-riposte-1-of-3/
    http://www.2900miles.com/ken-bates-riposte-part-2-3/

Part 3 on Friday I believe

quarryman wrote: »
    That Neville quote reads a bit like "how dare they bring in someone that I, Phil Neville, have never heard of!" :)

It's hilarious! It looks exactly like that.

I'd say even as footballers go, Phil Neville is fairly stupid. I'd say Lee Bowyer would have deeper thoughts.

Back to the old story today:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Back to the old story today:(
    Very true, Kris. Now, putting on my optimistic hat, we are currently on 13 points, how many points do we need to avoid relegation??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Hoping the Squad arnt indicating their preference for Coach............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Did anyone see the game? how did they play, good, bad or ugly ?

Cellino seemed to enjoy it anyway...

• Advertisement

Are we on telly next sat or did I imagine it?

SarahBM wrote: »
    Are we on telly next sat or did I imagine it?

Yep, on sky 12.15 kickoff. Turning into a big game already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Only the "highlights" on the Football League show. From that they looked hopeless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Another disappointing performance - 1 shot on target (and that with 5 mins to go)! Interesting stuff on twitter this morning suggesting Cellino picks 7 who have to start each match and the coach picks the other 4! Would be easy to guess that the 7 are those he signed but whatever it suggests all is not well. Still I think we need to give Darko a chance to settle into the job so I think avoiding relegation is all we can aim for this season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That's absolutely crazy if true about Cellino picking some of the team but surely Darko wouldn't have accepted the job if that's true. I was listening to match last night but fell asleep at half time because nothing was happening at all. I fear that we don't have the creativity up front to score many goals and we also have a serious lack of width.

Mid-Table is the best we can hope for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Kingp35 wrote: »
    That's absolutely crazy if true about Cellino picking some of the team but surely Darko wouldn't have accepted the job if that's true. I was listening to match last night but fell asleep at half time because nothing was happening at all. I fear that we don't have the creativity up front to score many goals and we also have a serious lack of width.

Mid-Table is the best we can hope for this season.

I would imagine they are still adjusting to there new emphasis on shape and being hard to beat. In fairness I think its something he just had to build on from redders, instead it looks like he tore it assunder and is trying his own approach.

Even if Cellino selected all 11, would you have picked anyone else ? I don't think we have much better than the starting 11 and the subs from the last few matches(so in all, about 15 or so players in total)

Personally Im predicting top 8. With a possible place in the playoffs. I think there is a hell of a lot more to come from this team and unlike previous seasons we will be better after Christmas

If we can defensively afford to have Adryan in the team then I can see us doing well based on the reputation and few snippets from his Development games. Seems well able to dribble past players and thread through a nice pass. Milanic seems to favour a solid defence though so his place will depend on how they try and accommodate him.

Nice to not have a PL on at the same time as our early kick-off tomorrow. LUFC monopoly on all the pub screens :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Why oh why does Leeds attract Owners/Chairman that are pure out & out egotists? I appreciate most football clubs have their share but come on.........Now he picks the team or at least seven of them. Plus his word means nothing because he changes his mind the next day. Mid table mediocrity at best, worst case relegation battle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement