Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Straylight wrote: »
    Oh look, a new winding up petition.

By the looks of it it's just another debt that Cellino will have to stump up for, but why leave it to the point that it involves the courts if it's going to be paid anyway? It's just another distraction that the club can do without.

Can the club win this? It would be nice to win something these days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is Sanchez and Wisdom for Moreno and Eriksen a decent move lads??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is Sanchez and Wisdom for Moreno and Eriksen a decent move lads??

I'd be happy with it, but where are we going to get the money to buy Moreno and Eriksen in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'd be happy with it, but where are we going to get the money to buy Moreno and Eriksen in the first place?

Long day :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Oh look, a new winding up petition.

By the looks of it it's just another debt that Cellino will have to stump up for, but why leave it to the point that it involves the courts if it's going to be paid anyway? It's just another distraction that the club can do without.

I'm getting a 404 for that link:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

I'm getting a 404 for that link:(.

Strange, the story isn't on the BBC website any more. Here's a new link from the Irish Times and a bit more detail in The Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Fantastic goal from Cooper. Great start so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How are they playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

2-0 Doukara

Best bit of football in weeks. Adryan just superbly slid in Doukara for another great goal. I know Blackpool are rock bottom but this will give the team a big boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Mushy wrote: »
    How are they playing?
    BBC website has us at 60% possession and two goals up :)
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29860142

That's 3. Antenucci!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

3 up :eek:, is this a dream.

Bloody hell !!!!! 3 goals in 45 mins. I certainly did'nt see that coming.

545e3c0655855.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

We were priced at evens just before kick off ??!!!

We were priced at evens just before kick off ??!!!

Even I may have put a few quid on that. Good to see a few goals going in though

3-1. Leeds on the attack immediately after it, very close to a 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Mushy wrote: »
    Even I may have put a few quid on that. Good to see a few goals going in though

as did I :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd say the vast majority of Jon Richardson's Twitter followers were bemused by the hashtag on this tweet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

A small update on the latest winding up order...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9561691/sky-bet-championship-leeds-united-avoid-winding-up-order

At least it has been taken out of the public view, if it was Bates it would be trawled through the courts for months. Hopefully MC didn't have to pay out and it finds it's way back to Bates somehow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Another disaster. Blackburn down to 10 men and still we lost.
    Two points off relegation.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Another disaster. Blackburn down to 10 men and still we lost.
    Two points off relegation.:eek:

Cant believe we lost that. Playing some good stuff and looking really comfortable to throwing it away. Antenucci hitting the post was key. Still looking forward to next week though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Two stupid mistakes cost us the game. It seems strange how we play so well in the first half and then let it slip in the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Thursday is the day when the loan transfer window shuts until 1st January.
    Still cannot believe we have many players on our books that haven't played more than 3 or 4 games with us this season.

I hope from the following list that these go out on loan - some can be said to go and get games and experience, while others can just go and get their wages elsewhere.

- Scott Wootton
    - Charlie Taylor
    - Ross Killock
    - Luke Murphy
    - Michael Tonge
    - David Norris
    - Chris Dawson
    - Noel Hunt
    - Nicky Ajose
    - Steve Morison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Hands up who seriously thinks the vast majority of the 11 Mill will be spent on the squad?
    Thats down payment back to Mr Bate'sell'inio for Monies spent & a little layer on top as well.

Oh we'll sign alright. Conference player here, former Championship now 2nd div there, Loanee x 4. Maybe as exotic as some retiring Italian 2nd div has been but quality thats going to get Leeds up Nah.

By Christmas the clamour for Hockadays head will be deafening & hey presto some Italian 'mate' of Bate'sell'inio will be ready to step in to stop the rot!

With some justification I personally fear for this season & others to follow. Seen nothing from this Gangster yet to convince me otherwise........

Boooooomm.................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Boooooomm.................................

Eh, not really a boom there. New manager and struggling, well off the mark regarding signings and Cellino hiring a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Eh, not really a boom there. New manager and struggling, well off the mark regarding signings and Cellino hiring a mate.

Was thinking more of where we are league position wise........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Nicky Ajose has gone on loan until January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Huge game coming up on Saturday. Need to perform for 90 minutes, not just in patches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

KJ wrote: »
    Nicky Ajose has gone on loan until January.

Add Wooton (Rotherham) and Hunt (Ipswich) to that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

RIP Gary Speed. I can't believe it's 3years ago since he passed away. What a legend. My dad and I were at the game after he died and it was an amazing tribute to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Hunt came off the bench to make his debut for Ipswish and scores a 95th minute stoppage time winner for them. You could not make this up!

1-0! Antenucci!

I was thinking today was the day a win would come...until I saw they were playing Derby. Nice to see them leading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

2 up. Sssh now

Phew !!!! 3 precious points.

Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Great Win, Battling Performance.

I trust you all know that every weekend match is now streamed. You just need to match it up with the Krbakken Audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

championc wrote: »
    Great Win, Battling Performance.

I trust you all know that every weekend match is now streamed. You just need to match it up with the Krbakken Audio.

Streamed where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

quarryman wrote: »
    Streamed where?

All the usual places - p2p4u, wiziwig, etc......

5 games left between now and New Year. What do you reckon our points haul will be

Ipswitch (A) - D
    Fulham (H) - W
    Forest (A) - W
    Wigan (H) - W
    Derby (A) - L

So I'm going with 10 points from 15. Anyone agree or think we can do better ?

My reading would be:
    Ipswich(A) - L
    Fulham(H) - W
    Forest(A) - D
    Wigan(H) - W
    Derby(A) - L.

Thats 7 pts at most, imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Massimo Cellino disqualified from owning the club currently breaking news on SS

Football League have announced that Cellino is disqualified from having a controlling role in Leeds United. Based on evidence that they have gotten from the Italian courts, but it's information that they can't disclose so therefore Cellino has the right to appeal. Their judgement, however, only states that Cellino can't have a "Relevant Role" until March 18th 2015. I'd imagine that he'll easily be able to drag out the appeal process until then or else have someone step into his role (his son?) on a temporary basis and have them sign off on his decisions. Shouldn't be a big deal really although it'll create some headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Football League have announced that Cellino is disqualified from having a controlling role in Leeds United. Based on evidence that they have gotten from the Italian courts, but it's information that they can't disclose so therefore Cellino has the right to appeal. Their judgement, however, only states that Cellino can't have a "Relevant Role" until March 18th 2015. I'd imagine that he'll easily be able to drag out the appeal process until then or else have someone step into his role (his son?) on a temporary basis and have them sign off on his decisions. Shouldn't be a big deal really although it'll create some headlines.

I'd prefer to think of it as 'yet more headlines'.

Is it possible that some time in the future we can have an existence that resembles any other sane football club and concentrate on matters on the field? After twelve or so years of it, I'm beginning to get a bit pi$$ed off! :mad:

It just never ends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can return in March 2015? What's the big deal then?

It's never boring, is it? Great win at the weekend, now it'll be takeover talks for the next 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There will be no takeover. Cellino will just drag out the appeal until the required date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement