Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Maybe I'm wrong on the 2016 date. Site with all contract expiry dates has it down as 2015. Hope not but it looks like a more informed website than the last one I linked.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-united/startseite/verein/399

IGNORE ALL THAT. PHIL HAY SAYS IT'S 2016 SO THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Bianchi is a truly terrible player, we should snap the hand off anyone who wants to take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Somehow I think Bianchi is the one example that demonstrates that Cellino must have had some say in the match day squad selection. He continued to be involved for far longer than he deserved to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Jason Pearce is on Wigan's radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Been trying to follow twitter between Pearce going to Wigan & another party looking to buy gfh?? Anyone care to enlighten me over what's happening?

• Advertisement

Keith C wrote: »
    Been trying to follow twitter between Pearce going to Wigan & another party looking to buy gfh?? Anyone care to enlighten me over what's happening?

Pretty much that. We'll allow Pearce to go as we've signed Bamba and seem to rate del Faro ahead of Pearce as cover. Won't allow Austin to go there this season tho even if his contract runs out in a few months.

Crowd looking to buy out GFH are lead by Mike Farnan (I think - he's def heavily involved) who has tried a few different ways to buy into the club. This way it's all fans that are investing and forming a group that'll own GFH's percentage and work with Cellino.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Pretty much that. We'll allow Pearce to go as we've signed Bamba and seem to rate del Faro ahead of Pearce as cover. Won't allow Austin to go there this season tho even if his contract runs out in a few months.

Crowd looking to buy out GFH are lead by Mike Farnan (I think - he's def heavily involved) who has tried a few different ways to buy into the club. This way it's all fans that are investing and forming a group that'll own GFH's percentage and work with Cellino.

While that idea seems positive in theory, I'm worried about the capital they have available to fund the team into the future. It sounds like they barely have enough to buy out GFH as it is.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    While that idea seems positive in theory, I'm worried about the capital they have available to fund the team into the future. It sounds like they barely have enough to buy out GFH as it is.

Good point. Cellino got GFH to invest 5m recently whilst he invested 15m so things like that wouldn't be possible with a fan owned consortium.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

is the early kick off on TV today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not on Sky anyway, Brentford v Middlesbrough is the desirable early KO to them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Mushy wrote:
    Not on Sky anyway, Brentford v Middlesbrough is the desirable early KO to them!

cheers man

Good start. 1 up after 5 mins.

Could'nt last of course. 1-1 after 26 mins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Huddersfield have just equalised :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

2-1 Leeds. Billy Sharp. 90 minute winner.

Nice to get a win anyway.

Yipee !!!! An away win. WoooHooooo!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Listened to the last 15 mins, delighted with the result. Dare I say, are we turning the corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

tfer wrote: »
    Listened to the last 15 mins, delighted with the result. Dare I say, are we turning the corner?

Let's hope tommy smith makes a recovery. Report says he collided with his own keeper resulting in sever head injury leading to the helicopter having to land on the pitch and air lift him to hospital.

Serious stuff there.

It was a great day out yesterday. I was in with the Town fans because i went over with an Udders lad from work.

we played them off the pitch for the first 20 mins. Time and space everywhere.

Silvestri defo dodge for corners. Not overly comfortable.

Bamba was class. Better than Bellusci. Charlie Taylor handled Sean Scannell very well as too did Wootton when Scannel swapped over sides.

Austin had another class game in the centre with Murphy.

Morison fought all afternoon but nothing really fell for him.

I reckon Powell was settling for a draw whereas we went for the Win - and nipped it.

Priceless 3 points. We needed it far more than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Is it starting to look like Redders has finally found his 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Anyones better than Bellusci...........

The League Table could be very interesting come next Saturday evening at 17:00. A win next Saturday could push us up 7 positions to 12th. All except Huddersfield (who play Milwall) play against teams in the top half, meaning that it they all lost against their higher placed rivals, we'd leapfrog the lot of them.

We may not have climbed the table much in the past two weeks, after the 6 points haul. It just shows how detached we were, down at the bottom.

As for the the Best 11 - well we may have this now. It's interesting to note that it's surprisingly free of those Italian players. I do hope we've seen the last of Bianchi and Doukara.

Something tells me we will see Austin's name within the list of those on the move tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

I think Austin will be a big loss, for the younger players and for how the sale is going to totally undermine NR and what he has come out and said publicly. I know he is the coach and not involved in transfers etc but he has stated that Austin is great with the younger guys and would hate to see him go... doesn't show any bit of harmony in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Would be sorry to see Austin go - it certainly isn't encouraging that our most experienced players are leaving (Warnock, Pearse). I would rather see the flops we brought in last summer leaving. Also I see we're supposed to have signed another very average sounding forward - Edgar Cani, from Italy. His record is less than inspiring - surely Cellino is not still pulling the strings! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I think Austin will be a big loss, for the younger players and for how the sale is going to totally undermine NR and what he has come out and said publicly. I know he is the coach and not involved in transfers etc but he has stated that Austin is great with the younger guys and would hate to see him go... doesn't show any bit of harmony in the club.

Ah i liked him, the excitement of seeing him running for a 50/50 often made me say "Jesus, yer mans dead".

Club just announced that Austin is going nowhere

... hopefully it won't be like the last transfer deadline day PR fiasco and they won't proceed to sell him now! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Tonge gone on loan to Millwall. His contract is up at the end of the season anyway. Would like to see David Norris quickly shipped out too. He must be on some big wages if he's determined not to go looking elsewhere and rather sit with the reserves the last 2 seasons. What a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Sky are saying we in talks with this lad.

http://ie.soccerway.com/players/edgar-cani/28120/

Goal nearly every five games? Sign him up!

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »

Done deal. Signed up till end of season.
    Awesome strike rate BTW

What is Italian for 'On the cheap'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Mezcita wrote: »

I quite like the fact that he's played a total of 45mins in 5 Serie A games average of 9 mins a game so he's pretty used to bench warming

Cani - a poor mans Matt Smith!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

37 goals in 170 appearances for 10 clubs. Just what Leeds want in a striker??

BUT Caesar thinks this is what we need. Who ever is scouting for Cellinio in Italy needs sacking straight away (80% of buys so far from Serie B have been cr*p).........& Cellinio needs to expand his search to other places including under his nose in Leeds (IE Academy or Yorkshire players)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

• Advertisement

Fantastic Breaking News tonight - Norris has left Leeds, contract terminated by mutual concent. Excellent business

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1qtr2zamiwyqf1nv2rxhdmvvz3/title/midfielder-free-to-leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

iseegirls wrote: »
    Tonge gone on loan to Millwall. His contract is up at the end of the season anyway. Would like to see David Norris quickly shipped out too. He must be on some big wages if he's determined not to go looking elsewhere and rather sit with the reserves the last 2 seasons. What a waste of money.

Yep looks like they read what I said this morning. Never knew I had so much power. :D

Redders up for Manger of the Month and Luke Murphy up for Player of the Month. Not bad!!!

And to complete the hat-trick, Bellusci up to answer his FA charge over racism today!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bellusci cleared of the charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

A win today could take Leeds up to 12th.

As Mick Mccarthy said, it's a bonkers league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

A disappointing loss 0-1 after a decent January but by all accounts Brentford were the better team and are in with a good chance of promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I was only following on Twitter but by all accounts the ref was shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Terrible management from Redfern today

Completely changed the teams formation to accommodate playing Sharp

Could have been 5 or 6 to Brentford

Terrible ref but Brentford deserved it

Three 6-pointers coming up in the next month v Millwall(H), Brighton(A) & Wigan(A).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I was in Elland Rd on Saturday , leeds were shocking , Brentford were very neat and tidy , we couldn't get near Dean Pritchard all game , would love a player like that !

As for the ref , yea he was poor and we should have had a free out when they scored , but some leeds fans are absolute moron's ,1000+ calling him a W*NKER for giving them a freekick , Rudy Austin diving everytime he got into the box ? I wouldn't haven given leeds anything either , also at 1-0 down the ball goes for a corner to Brentford and some genius in the south stand wont give the ball back and all his mates think this is great craic , eh were losing you absolute mongo ! Morison just strolling off the pitch when subbed was facking nuts too .

Subs were made way too late , so I was disappointed with redfearn in that regard,

Overall we were lucky it was only 1-0 , they hit the post and had 3 1 on 1's , we couldn't pass the ball never mind win !

Cani to replace Morison tomorrow night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

get in my son, 0-1 murphy with a lovely goal

Reading 0, LEEDS 2. Great win.

Wish they could get a run going. Still only 5 points above the drop, but 2 from top half also.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement