Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Russell Crowe interview on Today FM at the moment. Again talks of impatience like all Leeds fans but said he would bring his Rabbitohs experience "if" he were to make a move to buy Leeds. First time I heard of him actually directly refer to buying Leeds.

At the end of the interview however he called back Anton Savage to play him a version of Fields of Athenry he sang with his band so might just be as bonkers as Massimo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Russell Crowe interview on Today FM at the moment. Again talks of impatience like all Leeds fans but said he would bring his Rabbitohs experience "if" he were to make a move to buy Leeds. First time I heard of him actually directly refer to buying Leeds.

At the end of the interview however he called back Anton Savage to play him a version of Fields of Athenry he sang with his band so might just be as bonkers as Massimo!

More crazy in the sense that he'd have s punch up with a manager...and then bring him on session a few hours later and laugh about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

apparently the players are saying that redders has held his last training session. he's already over an hour late for a scheduled press conference.

will we ever get some stability in this club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Here we go again :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

This from The Sun online just :-

LEEDS boss Neil Redfearn has bizarrely been told he cannot pick the club's top scorer.

Italian striker Mirco Antenucci is one goal away from triggering a bonus clause in his contract.

That means he would automatically get a one-year contract extension and cash bonus.

With Leeds' ownership situation up in the air, club bosses do not want that to happen.

So chairman Andrew Umbers has told boss Redfearn he cannot pick the 30-year-old.

Redfearn has also been ordered not to reveal the reason for failing to select the striker.

The Whites face Blackburn in the Championship tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

My god it never ends does it, it was all going grand, relegation fears were gone and we were getting stability at last and now this. It just makes me want to bang my head against the wall:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

tfer wrote: »
    My god it never ends does it, it was all going grand, relegation fears were gone and we were getting stability at last and now this. It just makes me want to bang the boards heads against the wall:mad:

FTFY :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Here we go again :mad:.

C'mon, we've had over 6 weeks with the club in a stable condition. It couldn't last forever

C'mon, we've had over 6 weeks with the club in a stable condition. It couldn't last forever

Your right I shouldnt complain. What was I thinking ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

If I was Redfern I'd play Antenucci anyway. But then he'd probably get sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

The agent put him in a really difficult position though. Play him and it looks like he's giving in to external pressure and will probably get the sack for doing it should anto score. Don't play him and he's proving the agent right and taking the blame instead of salerno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I do feel that Redders was quietly thinking of the possibility of playoffs prior to the Forest game. All he said publicly at the time was to just beat them in the final table.

Given that we definitely have now nothing to play for this season (given too that only League Winners get prize money), i would hope he'll now possibly begin to experiment, preparing now for next season

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

More lies from Umbers, no doubt coming from MC. First they say we won't comment, then come out with these types of statements to try fight fires...

https://twitter.com/APOPEY/status/583989110018338816

Well lets see if MC despenses with the services of Umbers when he gets back !!! Maybe too it was because of Umbers that Childs departed

I personally dont believe that this isnt all coming from Cellino. The guy can still run the club quite easily from a phone. Its all about ego at the end of the day. Cellino wants promotion and success but he wants to be the guy who gets all the credit. If anybody else gets in the way of that they are gone no matter what. Its doesnt matter if we are doing well at the moment it only matters that Cellino is seen to be the man responsible for our success.

I dont think he likes the fact our good run coincides with the fact most of his signings are not in the side and that he has not been around for our most successfull run of form in years.

I have to admit that I have never liked or disliked an owner so much. He has done some things well at the club but the fact that he wants so much control over everything really bothers me. Personally I hope he sells up, but I dont think that will happen and even if he does who knows what we will have to endure from new owners. Its just so frustrating AGAIN

And so the roller coaster ride continues, Red Bull bid now confirmed by Cellino. Possibly confirmed it to stop fans wasting money going into LeedsFansLLP

championc wrote: »
    And so the roller coaster ride continues, Red Bull bid now confirmed by Cellino. Possibly confirmed it to stop fans wasting money going into LeedsFansLLP

Yep I agree with a lot out there, just smoke and mirrors by MC et al to deflect from the ongoing circus.

Mirco on the bench and now rumours that Salerno has resigned. Never a dull moment.

I hope NR brings Antenucci on to score the winner.

Rudy Austin just got a straight red card, no one really knows why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mirco on the bench and now rumours that Salerno has resigned. Never a dull moment.

I hope NR brings Antenucci on to score the winner.

He's needed now. As Sarah B has posted, Austin has just got a straight red.

He's needed now. As Sarah B has posted, Austin has just got a straight red.

Sky saying he bopped someone off the ball and picked up by the linesman.

A goal down now.

Two down now.

typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Please score Antenucci. Would love it. Redders taking a stand by bringing him on. Fair play but prob lose his job over it.

well that was pretty awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

A sh**e week all and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Seriously, does it really matter at this point. Until (if) we ever get sorted, all we are doing is lurching from one week to the next.

MOT

• Advertisement

It always matters. We where building momentum for next season. Which now seems to be unhinged by the usual bullsh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Russel Crowe on Leeds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05mxykg

Skip to 53.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I fully expect Cellino to be here come August. When I read the Red Bull story, despite the confidence in the article, I said to myself this isn't going to happen and I'll sit back and wait for the denial. Sure enough it came yesterday.

Maybe the takeover nonsense over the years has turned me cynical but when I read a takeover rumour now, I just skip to the point that it's apparent that it's nonsense.

Cellino has a big job ahead of him upon his return. He needs to come out and show leadership and explain to fans the shambolic events of Thompson's sacking and speak more about the clubs attempts to hold onto players this coming summer. The Antenucci business is another train wreck, conflicting stories.

As it stands I'm very deflated about the future, years of building up an academy to fruit new players could very well benefit another club sooner rather than later. If Redfearn goes then chances are the players are less likely to stay with the club. I'm sure they'll become disillusioned with events and will want out.

We're about to enter a period of time that could shape our club for years to come and unless the club cop on quick then it'll be negative. I'm fuming over the stories that have transpired.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

This.......www.leedsfanscbs.com least we might be able to buy a seat at the table. Its a start & it takes some of the 'ego' away from the ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

2 - 1 down at ht, on the box

This season could be one loooooong car crash.

It's all very well to come into a club like a whirlwind and slash expenditure, and make some comments about passion and the fans and people should play for the shirt and blah blah blah. But in the case of Hockaday, you pay peanuts... It might come good, but all common sense and logic suggest it won't. And it's all very well to say that he will get the door, but what proper manager will look at the club and really want to work with Cellino?

It just gets crashier and crashier.

I almost miss Bates. And I hated him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

3 - 1

What a fantastic equaliser. C'MON !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

It just gets crashier and crashier.

I almost miss Bates. And I hated him.

I almost miss Bates. And I hated him:eek::eek::eek:

Not even in jest...........Conor74...............not even in jest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So now that the dust has settled a bit - does anyone actually know why Thompson has been suspended? Is there any chance he will return? It's just typical of this club that as soon as there is a chance we might actually have a decent coaching team and a chance to plan for the summer early, this happens.

It's not looking good for him. Since he has only been suspended, then he obviously cannot take any case for unfair dismissal. Therefore the truth need not come out. And of course, is contract then simply expires.

Unless he is reinstated, then i cannot see Redders staying. He'll want to be backed by the team he wants or i reckon he'll walk.

A shame really given that the results largely turned around following the arrival of Thompson.

Roll on 3rd May when Cellino gets back and can then speak for the club. He cannot speak about things now since he's not supposed to be involved. So will Umbers be in the club on 4th May ?

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So now that the dust has settled a bit - does anyone actually know why Thompson has been suspended? Is there any chance he will return? It's just typical of this club that as soon as there is a chance we might actually have a decent coaching team and a chance to plan for the summer early, this happens.

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2015/04/does-cellino-plan-to-cash-in-before-cashing-out/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Italian Tax dodging shady business dealer in potential cash in windfall. Crickey who'd thought?

Dub Ste wrote: »
    I almost miss Bates. And I hated him:eek::eek::eek:

Not even in jest...........Conor74...............not even in jest

But we understood Bates.

He was your common or garden conman, always on the make, his motives were money. And you felt that if he thought there was more money to be made going up, he'd possibly loosen the purse strings.

This guy is a disaster. We are going though managers and backroom staff and players at a rate of knots, there is no logic or sense, except perhaps the reference in the article above to his ego.

Match tonight has turned very important all of a sudden for NR - a better performance is a must and a return of points to finish as high up the league to retain / build any sort of optimism for next season... and to hold on to the youth and build a squad.

Appears to be a lot happened today too with accounts published (albeit from 2013-2014 and GFH reign), details of new lawsuits and MC's court cases being postponed...

Although the draft account figures were known as part of FFA transfer embargo it really does highlight the burning of cash that was going on under GFH. It will be very interesting to see the change in the next set of accounts.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-face-5m-legal-claim-from-kit-supplier-macron-1-7208471

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-cellino-range-rover-tax-case-delayed-1-7209015

3 points tonight - I'm going ultra optimistic! MOT

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Goal down to Norwich, Jonny Howson the scorer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Game over 0-2 to Norwich. Bad run continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Yet another season we write off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yet another season we write off

I think it's been wrote off since February. Another season in this league :( - it's going to get a lot harder when the Premier League teams and those who get relegated will have so much money to play with due to those huge TV deals. Need to get up there as soon as possible.

Nobody say anything to MC today, god knows why he could do...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/real-life/why-is-friday-17th-considered-so-unlucky-by-italians-324524.html

Add in purple and he would end up selling all the young lads and getting Mickey Brown in as 'head coach'.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

SIX players rule themselves out of Charlton clash, Very Strange goings on.
    https://www.facebook.com/mirrorfootball/posts/10153376947564238?comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22O%22}

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement