Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Nothing yet as per Phil Hay but Redfern was keen to keep White one so I think that is another and maybe a final nail in the coffin for NR.

Not just White apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah Cellino back 9 days and using the same tactic as he did with McDermott last year .. completely ignoring him...Redders will be charged with not caring about the club for not contacting MC and will be ushered out the way .. no fear of NR going back to the academy and he said as much himself. Talk now is of Nigel Adkins being lined up as a replacement, which will give MC a week or 2 to line up Adkins replacement in September :rolleyes:

I'll give Refearn his dues, he weeded out the Italian underperformerss and he stuck with his principles once Cellino wasn't around - ironically those principles are the noose he'll be hung with. I honestly don't think NR could stomach another year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Kingp35 wrote:
    Here's the full list of the players we have released today.

Daniel Atkinson Rodolph Austin Luke Booker Alex Cairns Afolabi Coker Stuart Taylor Zac Thompson Michael Tonge Aidan White

Of course, that only leaves space for 3 or 4 in the first team squad.

We'd really be bonkers not to sign up Bamba. Montenegro is worth a punt as he certainly knows how to finish. Bagged a fair few for the U-21's.

It will be interesting as to what quotes come from Redders concerning the released list ..... and as to who compiled it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah Cellino back 9 days and using the same tactic as he did with McDermott last year .. completely ignoring him...Redders will be charged with not caring about the club for not contacting MC and will be ushered out the way .. no fear of NR going back to the academy and he said as much himself. Talk now is of Nigel Adkins being lined up as a replacement, which will give MC a week or 2 to line up Adkins replacement in September :rolleyes:

I'll give Refearn his dues, he weeded out the Italian underperformerss and he stuck with his principles once Cellino wasn't around - ironically those principles are the noose he'll be hung with. I honestly don't think NR could stomach another year

Can't see NR sticking around with the academy if he doesn't get offered the contract. Would love if he did but not sure he can go back...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Joint press conference today around 2.00. Cellino and Pearson. Will be broadcast on LUTV and Radio Leeds I heard. Not sure if anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

JokerD wrote: »
    Joint press conference today around 2.00. Cellino and Pearson. Will be broadcast on LUTV and Radio Leeds I heard. Not sure if anywhere else.

Very long press conference and this is how I feel after it :confused:

Pearson has his work cut out for him, working for that mad git.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Quotes from Phil Hay on Twitter
    "Mind boggling stuff"
    "There's no way to describe that. Needless to say we're none the wiser about anything (apart from the fact that Redfearn's job is precarious)"

So everything is back to normal with MC then!

The only time it settled into any kind of press conference was when Cellino fecked off for a cig for 5 mins and Pearson was allowed to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Time for redfearn to walk before he gets pushed. It's obvious that cellino wants to get rid. What an absolute nutter we have in charge. That interview gave a nice insight into his madness.

For me, the telling statement was when Cellino asked as to what happened for the last 10 games. He's crazy enough to offer the job to Thompson.

However, think about it folks, when did results suddenly pick up ? When did they drop off ? Maybe the old guy isn't so crazy !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Just saw Jermaine Beckford has been released by Bolton, I for one would like to see him back in a white shirt. How about the rest of ye ?
    I couldn't listen to the press conference for too long, MC is very hard to understand and he rambles way too much, pure nut job. Am happy with the signing of Pearson though

Nah, I think Beckfords level is more League 1 than Championship tbh. I've seen nothing since he left Leeds to suggest we would be better with him back. I'd say Grayson will bring him to Preston somehow.

This man just doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut :rolleyes:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9853957

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

There must be serious problems under the covers is nobody from Torp Arch was invited to MC's "return from banning" Do on Friday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Redfearn out, Rosler in. Done deal tonight according to very reliable Ema Guilianelli. Pity for Redfearn but very decent replacement by Cellino's standards.

Yeah Phil Hay is saying as much also. The mad Italian has met with Rosler this afternoon and he's (Hay) expecting the appointment to be confirmed tomorrow. Horrible way to do business tho I'm expecting some type of backlash. Fans really need to stand up against this despot

It's not about what's being done, it's about how it's being done.

I like Redders but his record was poor when he didn't have Thompson in his corner, and MC referred to these "last 10 matches" in the infamous presser last week.

But it's a shame to lose Redders from the Academy too now. I certainly cannot see him reverting back to that position again, even if it is written in his contract. Wouldn't mind them getting Richard Naylor back to run it. He certainly had the midas touch with the U-18's.

• Advertisement

The long slow car crash continues.

An utter joke. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd have Bates back. He was just your standard chancer, pocketing the money. But he wasn't bonkers, he didn't go through managers every week. Yes, Rosler may be good...though I'd say we've appointed a few managers since he was sacked by Wigan.

I see Warnock the risible character he is, couldn't wait to stick the boot in Redders .

If Rosler is appointed today well have 4 head coaches on the books with Hockaday Milanic & Redders still getting the cash lob til June. That in a nutshell describes the nutjob Cellino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

when you put it like that, sign a years contract, get sacked after a few weeks and carry on picking up a check for the remainder.......if Carlsberg made jobs....

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I see Warnock the risible character he is, couldn't wait to stick the boot in Redders .

If Rosler is appointed today well have 4 head coaches on the books with Hockaday Milanic & Redders still getting the cash lob til June. That in a nutshell describes the nutjob Cellino.

Presser announced for 3pm today to announce Uwe...

Impressive press conference from Rosler and Adam Pearson there. If they can keep Cellino in the background and be left to run things we could do well. Unlikely Cellino will do that tho, loves the limelight too much even if he stayed away from today's press conference as the last one became all about him.

Gunnar Halle linked with the assistant coach role. Would like that. Think whoever we get in for recruitment will dictate how next year goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Matters little who the coach is if:
    1/ Cellinio is going to dictate actual playing squad & who makes the team or not
    2/ There is little or no money for quality signings

My prediction We'll be having the same press conference by Late Now/Early Dec

• Advertisement

Roslers CV so far tends to indicate that he makes dramatic progress in his 1st season in charge, that I'd assume is down to his coaching but also the fact that he was getting everyone pulling in the same direction. I'd have large misgivings that he'll receive that kind of unanimous support at ER.

We have to deal with 2 issues - getting the nutjob away from day to day running of team affairs and the biggy for me is the sicknote 6 - they should never be allowed pull on the shirt again. Bellusci is a trouble maker and the nutjobs puppet while he was away, he orchestrated the whole us and them team division

I don't think I've ben so despondent as a fan.

It's just that, even if by some miracle we do very well and threaten to go up, I fear with this nut in charge a meltdown is never far away, or some crap like more court cases and trials, more managerial mayhem, no consistency, no confidence. I feel sorry for the players dealing with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I found out we had a new manager on the "you laugh you lose" thread.

Says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

really said it all when I questioned my godson as to why he was wearing a Man U jersey after his holy communion and he just said, "well they are better than Leeds anyway" and walked away!
    Burn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

SarahBM wrote: »
    really said it all when I questioned my godson as to why he was wearing a Man U jersey after his holy communion and he just said, "well they are better than Leeds anyway" and walked away!
    Burn
    Pity the godson isn't a Liverpool supporter. I take great pleasure in reminding my Liverpool following nephew that Leeds have been champions of England more recently than Liverpool :)

• Advertisement

chughes wrote: »
    Pity the godson isn't a Liverpool supporter. I take great pleasure in reminding my Liverpool following nephew that Leeds have been champions of England more recently than Liverpool :)

well the godfather got in there first with the Liverpool kit when he was a baby, but I am afraid he listens more to his Grandad these days. So we godparents have no say. we are failures really :rolleyes:

So is this new manager up to the job. I don't know who he is

So is this new manager up to the job. I don't know who he is

Did well with Brentford in League 1 and not well at Wigan after that. Talks a good game and seems respected though. Would like if he signed his old player James McLean on a free transfer this summer. Anthony Stokes also linked from an Irish perspective but very tenuous link and not as appealing to me anyway.

Did well with Brentford in League 1 and not well at Wigan after that. Talks a good game and seems respected though. Would like if he signed his old player James McLean on a free transfer this summer. Anthony Stokes also linked from an Irish perspective but very tenuous link and not as appealing to me anyway.

Wouldn't be that harsh on his time with Wigan (tho ultimately getting the boot) - he did get them to an FA Cup semi and Championship playoff in his 1st season

Beckford was linked with a return during the week after it was announced that he'll be a free agent. Most tweets I saw were saying they don't want to go back to him as he's worse than before. Scored a hat trick today after scoring two in the semi that MC attended. Should shut them up. Would love him to come back with form like that. Always loved him. 30 isn't over the hill either.

Beckford was linked with a return during the week after it was announced that he'll be a free agent. Most tweets I saw were saying they don't want to go back to him as he's worse than before. Scored a hat trick today after scoring two in the semi that MC attended. Should shut them up. Would love him to come back with form like that. Always loved him. 30 isn't over the hill either.

His second today had a Cruyff turn and a finish that was pure Viduka at Highbury in the early 00s.

Talking about Viduka is depressing. He just oozed class for a guy who looked overweight.

http://youtu.be/0jRjUYAobZ8

Can"t see Beckford coming back. He'll stay with Larry at PNE i bet. The only chance we had would have been if Preston hadn't got promoted

If ever a table highlights the fall from grace of LUFC it's this one...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9864832/liverpool-lead-manchester-united-arsenal-tottenham-and-everton-in-ultimate-league

Ourselves NFFC & Coventry are the big losers in the top 20. Really drives home the hardship of the last 12 years.

Paul Robinson, Jermaine Beckford and Luciano Becchio all available on free transfers and we're not interested in any of them. Who'da thunk it!!! Granted they've all aged a bit from their prime but we're hardly in a position to say that any of our imports or fringe players are any worse than them.

I'd take all 3 ahead of the sicknote 6 - at the very least they're Leeds to the core

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Just looking at some the names that QPR released - some value to be had there surely?

• Advertisement

Just looking at some the names that QPR released - some value to be had there surely?

I'd say those lads are on serious twine .. doubt whether it's in our scope bearing in mind the FFP aspect

Not at their wage expectations! I'd much rather we looked at promising young talent than any of the names suggested - Becchio and Beckford had their day as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Paul McShane released by Hull. Strike while the iron is hot!

Who would you take from Beckford, Becchio and Carlton Cole?

Also would Mark Bunn be a decent keeper to challenge Silvestri? Thought he had a good reputation a couple of years ago but released by Canaries today. Would love to sign Richard Dunne - prob over the hill but he's such a hero I'd love to just see him in a Leeds jersey at least once. :D

Joey Barton linked to Leeds, has previously been complimentary about Elland Road.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/01/joey-barton-already-made-feelings-on-leeds-elland-road-clear-via/

The hard type we might need right now, in the mould of Vinnie Jones? Or too much baggage? I thought his Twitter spat with Hamann was very ugly.

Barton is just way too much of an ego and I think our public image is bad enough without having the likes of him here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Barton is just way too much of an ego and I think our public image is bad enough without having the likes of him here

I think our public image went out the window around 5 manager sackings, couple of bankruptcies, couple of chairmen/owners ago.

Barton is a solid player, would be silly not to investigate the option.

I think our public image went out the window around 5 manager sackings, couple of bankruptcies, couple of chairmen/owners ago.

Barton is a solid player, would be silly not to investigate the option.

Totally agree. And he's definitely better than Austin, has bags of experience and actually, his disciplinary record last season wasn't that bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I'd say money would be the issue here.

He was apparently on £70,000 a week at QPR. Doubt we would go higher than 10k per week.

• Advertisement

So Rob Kelly seems like a decent coach as number 2 to Uwe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement