Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So Rob Kelly seems like a decent coach as number 2 to Uwe.

Yup, and we seem to be getting our recruitment director from West Ham who picked up a few gems in Valencia, Kouyate and Sakho this season. Hope he wasn't involved in paying 35m for Andy Carroll tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Have you Entered the competition yet ? http://www.representyourclub.com

Leeds top of the charts Worldwide, as you would expect. Leeds top FL club in Ireland and, as expected, top in Norway. Ireland just trailing Australia.

Sheffield Wednesday to me are a surprise in second place overall

Signed up a young 6"4 keeper today. English born USA U23 international. Worked with new goalkeeping coach when both at Cardiff last season. Sounds decent.

Another signing expected go be announced tomorrow is Lee Erwin a tall strong young Scotish striker from Motherwell on a free. Record over second half of season was very good and Motherwell don't want him to leave.

Linked to a move for Liam Moore from Leicester but sounds a bit too respected, talented and therefore expensive for us to actually end up getting him. He's a young centre back with England U21 experience I think.

All positive rumours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Seems Redfearn will return to manage the youth. Didnt see this happening. Doubt Cellino did either. Ball back in your court Mr Cellino:)

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/redfearn-staying-at-leeds-united-updated-1-7301945

Glad he is coming back but Ill wait and see whats coming next. This story may not be done yet. It is Leeds after all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Fair play to him, good to see him back where he was at his best previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I appreciate this is probably not on the top of the list of priorities but any news about a new kit? I'm hoping assuming it's a definite 'Adios' to Macron!

A few reports suggesting Bamba has signed a 2 year deal with us. Great news if true. Next seasons captain in place methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I appreciate this is probably not on the top of the list of priorities but any news about a new kit? I'm hoping assuming it's a definite 'Adios' to Macron!

We're being made by Kappa next season, have seen this around a few places

leeds-15-16-home-kit.jpg

Leeds-United-15-16-Home-Kit.jpg

Hope it's real, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Presser coming up in the next few mins

Another signing expected go be announced tomorrow is Lee Erwin a tall strong young Scotish striker from Motherwell on a free. Record over second half of season was very good and Motherwell don't want him to leave.
    Erwin deal confirmed now, 3 year deal.

• Advertisement

If Bamba signs on top the other two signings the last two days, any young player out of contract soon re-signing, Redfearn returning to the Academy, that sexy jersey being real, all the backroom and administrative recruitments made and Cellino not being in the paper headlines for a couple of weeks, it really has been a dream fortnight. Even without Bamba it's been ridiculously good. Please, please, please don't blow this apart with some stupid move Massimo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Press speculation mounting regards Byram & bid from Liverpool. The true nature of Cellinio will be revealed by how he deals with this.
    Byram goes he's very much only here to gouge what he can from the club then run.
    Byram stays, he genuinely wants a shot at promotion or at least be in the running come Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Press speculation mounting regards Byram & bid from Liverpool. The true nature of Cellinio will be revealed by how he deals with this.
    Byram goes he's very much only here to gouge what he can from the club then run.
    Byram stays, he genuinely wants a shot at promotion or at least be in the running come Xmas.

Depends what they want to offer, personally i think Byram is replaceable , if liverpool want to pay 8m+ i wouldn't object

Depends what they want to offer, personally i think Byram is replaceable , if liverpool want to pay 8m+ i wouldn't object

Agree. Byram is a great talent and a quality player. But due to his position, not one who is going to score or assist the goals to change our season dramatically. He may be the best right back in the division and a good winger but as Seamus Coleman has shown at Everton that can't influence the team enough when it struggles. It's about the only position where we could afford to lose a top player. As a winger he may have that influence but hasn't really shown that he can do that yet. Charlie Taylor had a more positive influence as a defender come winger imo! Take the money, teach Berardi how to not get red cards and buy James McLean, Ross Wallace, Gareth McCleary and Leigh Griffiths to get us the attack we need.

Another indication of Byram being near the exit door is Leeds reportedly considering an approach for Tendayi Darikwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

championc wrote: »
    Another indication of Byram being near the exit door is Leeds reportedly considering an approach for Tendayi Darikwa

Who now?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Never heard of him either, but according to Wikipedia he was Chesterfield's player of the year last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How good is Byram lads? Seems to be a bit of talk up in Sunderland that the club are keen on him but I've rarely seen him play much less paid much attention to him. Potential to have a similar impact as Cresswell has for West Ham in stepping up to the Premier League?

Paully D wrote: »
    How good is Byram lads? Seems to be a bit of talk up in Sunderland that the club are keen on him but I've rarely seen him play much less paid much attention to him. Potential to have a similar impact as Cresswell has for West Ham in stepping up to the Premier League?

He is premiership quality but only with Leeds so feck off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

So the big commercial news was announced...

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/15hi4yx8buh8j1skbb8cqsqdwb/title/new-kit-deal-announced

Think most had it pegged as that - interesting to read that they will be "introducing large-scale branding within Elland Road stadium"

That puts any take over by RB or the likes to bed I would think. Hopefully the deal makes financial sense for the club and means a few deals get over the line.

Big reveal of the kit for 9th July but I think it has been leaked widely already, I did like what I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Away to Doncaster in League Cup. Nice early tester.

Happy Hockaday people !!!

One year on, never forgotten (for all the wrong reasons)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

So the big commercial news was announced...

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/15hi4yx8buh8j1skbb8cqsqdwb/title/new-kit-deal-announced

Think most had it pegged as that - interesting to read that they will be "introducing large-scale branding within Elland Road stadium"

That puts any take over by RB or the likes to bed I would think. Hopefully the deal makes financial sense for the club and means a few deals get over the line.

Big reveal of the kit for 9th July but I think it has been leaked widely already, I did like what I saw.
    Its funny how all the UK based fans seem to hate the kit, but here its all positive. I like it, and will buy it (love Kappa). Also have the slight advantage of not having to buy any size that has an "X" in it. Can see why the bigger fans might be a bit miffed.

Rumours that we're in the hunt to sign Patrick Bamford (Chelsea, on loan at Boro last season and was POTY) - now that would be a great signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Please, please, please don't blow this apart with some stupid move Massimo!!!!

Not exactly blown apart but he's been done for tax evasion on a land rover in Italy. Opens the door for more investigations for dis honesty by the FL. The man seems to be fighting a war on two fronts.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Not exactly blown apart but he's been done for tax evasion on a land rover in Italy. Opens the door for more investigations for dis honesty by the FL. The man seems to be fighting a war on two fronts.

The law and reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

His own Ego & whats right?

So two TV games already set for August - Donny in the Cup and Derby in the League :)

Nice for everyone to be able to see and gauge our level, and the style which Uwe goes with.

Third signing done. Bamba finally confirmed. 2 year deal with an option for a third.

• Advertisement

Third signing done. Bamba finally confirmed. 2 year deal with an option for a third.

That's the news I've been waiting for. Very relieved that we got him. Absolute rock at the back and captain material.

Barton and Bamford would complete the squad as I see Byram, Taylo, Mowatt, Antenucci, Doukara and Erwin all covering the wide striker positions. Sharp better off just staying in the box. Would like to see a the young lads that have signed on get chances - Philips in centre mid looks most likely but Denton at RB and Walters up front could make it. Can't see us getting Barton and Bamford though, would be lucky to get one. Nick Powell instead of Barton would do. Whatever striker we sign will be most important as we've lacked a 20 goal a season lad since Beckford. (Did Becchio get that many?).

That's the news I've been waiting for. Very relieved that we got him. Absolute rock at the back and captain material.

Barton and Bamford would complete the squad as I see Byram, Taylo, Mowatt, Antenucci, Doukara and Erwin all covering the wide striker positions. Sharp better off just staying in the box. Would like to see a the young lads that have signed on get chances - Philips in centre mid looks most likely but Denton at RB and Walters up front could make it. Can't see us getting Barton and Bamford though, would be lucky to get one. Nick Powell instead of Barton would do. Whatever striker we sign will be most important as we've lacked a 20 goal a season lad since Beckford. (Did Becchio get that many?).

Completely agree on Bamba.

Not sure on Barton - would prefer youth to him at this stage. I was and still am a fan of his footballing ability but think we could do without other potential distractions.

Don't forget Ross Mac since Beckford - not sure he would be a 20 a season man every year but he would have made a huge difference to our goalscoring tally last season even if he did struggle with move to Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Can't see us getting Barton and Bamford though, would be lucky to get one.

Agree with this. Would love to get Bamford - he is real quality. I think though there was Premier League interest in him which would suggest he is out of our reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

I've been very happy with the signings at ER so far this summer, manager, backroom staff, young academy players, but today's news is the best so far for me. He is a rock in the defence and a great leader.
    Keep the good news coming

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Clayton Donaldson linked now, im 50/50 on that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Which of his like minded lunatics is he going to put in there instead.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Which of his like minded lunatics is he going to put in there instead.

Replacement or replacements are already in place. He was gone already, just not confirmed. Much better set up now.

So I wonder if Chris Woods will be pictured with the squad on Monday morning. Looking more likely that we've signed him up. If so, i reckon Sharp will go to SU

On the downside, looks too that Redders gone. This week will be interesting indeed.

Bamba signing was a massive step in the right direction.

There's been as much of a whisper about any of the Italians

I'm feeling quite optimistic :) Really looking forward to the two TV games now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I see Adryan has gone on loan to Nantes for the season. Hopefully a bit of regular game time might help realise some of the promise he's suppose to have.

championc wrote: »
    There's been as much of a whisper about any of the Italians.

They haven't gone away you know :)

Check out @WALMOT3's Tweet: https://twitter.com/WALMOT3/status/614828319327035392?s=09

(Can't get link to tweet to work from phone)

• Advertisement

So Leicester have accepted bids for Wood from both Leeds and Wolves. However, he's gone to Leeds now for a medical so it's looking promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

The twitteratti were reporting that he himself wants to go to Wolves .. it would be a big statement of intent if we do snag him

His scoring record isn't exactly prolific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Season opener v Burnley is now on the box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

3 games on Sky in August. Happy days!

SarahBM wrote: »
    3 games on Sky in August. Happy days!

4 if you include the cup game at Doncaster. Wood seems to be getting closer to
    signing but far from certain. Think he should be the right man to get 15+ goals if injury free for the season but would have thought the same of Sharp and to a lesser, but still hopeful, extent Morrison. They've both proven they can do it at this level and got nowhere near it with our system and squad last year. It'll be down to Uwe to get the team right for a goalscorer to do his thing. Never too confident of that happening.

Byram being watched by Everton apparently as a replacement should Sheamie move to ManU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How good is byram lads?

Solid Premiership mid table first choice RB with plenty of potential to progress into better than that. Not the next Gareth Bale but could be like that Cresswell guy that's getting good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Byram has been bang average last 2 seasons I'd snap there hands off at 8m, isn't worth more than 2m but English youngsters are always over priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Looks like the deal to sign Chris Woods is done, passed the medical this eve.
    Things keep on getting better and better, we seem to be acting like a proper professional club at last

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement