Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

tfer wrote: »
    Looks like the deal to sign Chris Woods is done, passed the medical this eve.
    Things keep on getting better and better, we seem to be acting like a proper professional club at last

Yup. Great news. Funny way of (almost) confirming it. Look at who Liam Cooper follows on Twitter. In last 7 or 8 follows are Charlie Horton at bottom, then up to Lee Erwin skip a couple and it's KAPPA Sports then latest is Chris Wood. The joys of modern media eh?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

eh i dunno wrote:
    How good is byram lads?

I take it you're not a Leeds supporter then ?

Put it this way, he's worth as much a Sunderland are prepared to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Chris Wood confirmed officially this morning:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/12kzwnyxkct4u1a41k2ju2w2ue/title/wood-completes-united-switch

A great move and intent if nothing else. I hate this feeling of optimism coming into pre-season... I fell like i'm being set up for another LUFC fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Good to beat competition to the lad. I know very little about him but as you say Trend, it's a statement of intent if nothing else. There's obviously a few mistakes in that article mind.
    scored 20 times during his 62 appearances in all competitions for the Foxes.
    Wood ended that campaign with an impressive 22 goals from 43 appearances, establishing himself as one of the division’s hottest properties. He netted eight in 29 games during Leicester’s promotion-winning campaign and featured seven times in the Premier League last season
    So eh, which is it! 30 goals in 79 appearances, or 20 goals in 62 appearances? :D

We've an unknown keeper on trial and also Adam Drury, not the crap Norwich LB we had recently but a young RB/Winger recently released by Man City. Had spells out on loan most recently at St. Mirren.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Good to beat competition to the lad. I know very little about him but as you say Trend, it's a statement of intent if nothing else. There's obviously a few mistakes in that article mind.

So eh, which is it! 30 goals in 79 appearances, or 20 goals in 62 appearances? :D

Wiki gives 12 goals in 52 after he signed (2 in 1 game when on loan there initially).

When at Milwall, Steve Morison had a whopping 35 in 83. Meanwhile Ross McCormack banged in 25 in 74 games for Cardiff, and did even better than 1 in every 3 while with a Leeds.

Having a look at our current squad. Highlighted the ones for moving in red, be it on loan or permanent transfer.

GK: Silvestri/Horton/Grimes

RB: Byram/Berardi/Wooton

LB: Taylor/Berardi/

CB: Bamba/Belluschi/Cooper/Killock

CM: Cook/Philips/Murphy/Sloth/Mowatt/Bianchi/Dawson/Purver

Wings: Byram/Taylor/Ajose/Erwin/

CF: Wood/Antenucci/Sharp/Morrison/Walters/Doukara

It's out wide that we really need re-enforcements as Byram and especially Taylor may not play there. Could probably count Doukara as a wide man but it's a bit of a stretch. l Another good CD would be nice (Liam Moore on loan would be perfect) and a CM (but only if better than Sloth/Bianchi) but not essential. Think we need Ajose as cover now and seems like he did well when out on loan last year.

I thought Erwin was more your centre forward type player? You could add Drury to the wingers and there's rumour we're close to signing a season long loan for another young City winger, Barker - very promising young lad by all accounts.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I thought Erwin was more your centre forward type player? You could add Drury to the wingers and there's rumour we're close to signing a season long loan for another young City winger, Barker - very promising young lad by all accounts.

What I read on Erwin was that he ran the channels so can cover out wide. Def plays striker too but given our squad I'd imagine him out wide playing off Wood. Two young pacy wingers from Man City would do lovely. Obviously must have or have had serious potential to even be there so could be nurtured at Leeds hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Things were going just a little too well :rolleyes:

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Things were going just a little too well :rolleyes:

My optimism lasted a good two days...

Realistically, this will drag on for a good while so shouldn't affect this transfer window (if any at all), as LUFC argument in the past was that DH had no authority to make the signing permanent so it was never rubber stamped). Will end up being settled i'd guess.

Uwe wants to get the business done quickly and before pre-season and looks like he has been backed to date so hopefully the few young wingers will be confirmed. Still would like to see an experienced winger and dominant CM come in to help the youngsters.

Aparently Bjarnesson's move to Torino isn't wrapped up like it was meant to be a week ago Leeds have offered a slightly better package of 7k sterling a week I think and when he asked Torino to up their offer they pulled out. Plays centre midfield and wide left. Lots of goals and assists.

Also linked strongly to Steve Sidwell for a loan move. Only played 6 times last year for Stoke (didn't even remember what club he was at!) So at 32yo and with 1 year left on contract he's looking for games. Think he'd be a great signing. Getting both would be unlikely but loving the calibre of player we are after this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just noticed Paddy Power have Leeds 15th from 24 most likely to get promoted at 8/1. Higher odds than i would have thought. Worth a punt?

quarryman wrote: »
    Just noticed Paddy Power have Leeds 15th from 24 most likely to get promoted at 8/1. Higher odds than i would have thought. Worth a punt?

Heart says yes, heads says not a chance!

quarryman wrote: »

Why did you come on here saying that?!?!?!?!?!? Down to 15/2 now :(:mad::(:mad::(

Just kidding, I fancy having a bet on us getting up but those odds for the supposed joint 15th worst team just aren't tempting. If betting now I'd rather then 4/1 on just making top 6 than 7.5/1 on winning the playoff as we aren't going to be top 2.

• Advertisement

Looking at who they have ahead of us in the betting I'd love to bet on Leeds to finish higher than Preston, Fulham, Reading and Bristol City. All rated higher than Leeds in odds for promotion. Any way of doing this with a bookies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Looking at who they have ahead of us in the betting I'd love to bet on Leeds to finish higher than Preston, Fulham, Reading and Bristol City. All rated higher than Leeds in odds for promotion. Any way of doing this with a bookies?

We're 11/1 with Coral to get promoted.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

Only thing I can find which is similar to what you are looking for is for us to finish as top Yorkshire club.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-yorkshire-team

7/1 with BetVictor.

Can't say either appeal to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

New kit official launch.

Meh...... Maybe with a sponsors logo it might look a little better? Other than that its not exactly dazzling.

I'd be a purist in that I think it should be all white with maybe the tinest bit of blue trim. But I'm still not that impressed with this creation. Maybe its a grower when its get a logo and number on back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think it's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

It's ok. Not the nicest We've ever had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The blue cuffs, and in particular the collar are far too prominent. They should be a lot narrower if they have to be there at all. That said, it's nice to see an all-white shirt without any logos on it, even if it's only for the launch.

I must say I like it. While I agree the collar and cuffs are a bit prominent, you just can't beat an all white shirt in my opinion!

I must say I like it. While I agree the collar and cuffs are a bit prominent, you just can't beat an all white shirt in my opinion!

I loved the strongbow white one with the royal blue away strip

Until the contractual "issue" with Enterprise Insurance is sorted, there won't be any logo on the front. There must have been some joint Macron Enterprise deal.

The one thing that makes the shirt look weird is the fact that there is no manufacturer logo across from the Leeds logo, on the right side of the chest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm looking forward to what the lads who usually buy an XXXL jersey will look like in one of these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

championc wrote: »
    The one thing that makes the shirt look weird is the fact that there is no manufacturer logo across from the Leeds logo, on the right side of the chest.

I like that, reminds me of my favourite kit of all time

XB300DQ80ITA901______.jpg

Would like to order now but there's no size guide up, Macron one is still there.

Kappa do nice gear.

I mean most sports manafacturers, Nike, Adidas, Umbro etc. you wouldn't be caught dead in a pub wearing any of their products, like hoodies or zippies. But Kappa is grand, you can get away with it.

Lucky to be only 1 down at the minute

How much does a little leeds badge cost to sew on??? :eek::mad::(

CJkF3qYUcAAmUnC.jpg
    CJkF3qaUcAAgsng.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Tom adeyimi in on loan from Cardiff with an option to buy, have to say I'm very impressed With our recruitment this summer

• Advertisement

1596446ec8acb68fc4b2738897ce0609.png

and there he is in Bewleys signing on the dotted line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Tom Adeyemi seems to be the next one in. Midfielder from Cardiff. Dont know much about him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33516533

Also asked re availability of Jordy Hiwula - young English striker from Man City. Are we just being linked with every loan possibility from City due to Rosler's history???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordy_Hiwula

Luke Murphy signs a new 4 year contract on reduced terms. Wtf is going on? This kind of business just isn't Leeds. I'm waiting for the camera crew to jump out from behind Cellino and tell us that's it's all been a big joke and 9 Serie B players have been signed, Byram/Cook has gone to Norwich and Hockaday is still manager. I'm getting waaaaay too optimistic with all this well-run football club stuff happening.

We've bought back the catering rights for Elland Road too and he's still saying that he hopes to buy back the whole stadium soon but it's not a priority to me when all the other positive things are happening to improve what we'll see on the pitch.

Rosler really talking up Adeyemi. Eintracht Frankfurt will be a good test for him next week. Rosler confirmed he'll be involved

Ross Turnbull in as backup to Silvestri

So a 1 - 1 vs York City but a 3 - 0 win over Tadcaster for the other 11. It was possibly Adam Drury's last chance as a triallist but sounds like he did enough to get a place with the squad to Austria.

Only bad news from tonight was Wood pulling out during warmup.

Redfearn has resigned from his position at the academy claiming his position was untenable. I was surprised he went back tbf after the comments from MC so not surprised that he has gone now but feel for the lad as he got a raw deal.

Due to the lack of facilities, Thom Kirwan's only option for broadcasting audio of the Hoffenheim game is via http://mixlr.com/lufc-official/

Broadcast begins at 14:55 before 15:00 KO

• Advertisement

Poor Rudy, wouldn't have minded him playing for local rivals as we let him go so just wished him all the best. Silly rules in fairness given his international appearances and even having a British child!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-fa-block-move-for-ex-whites-captain-austin-to-sheffield-wednesday-1-7382650

Away jersey out pic released today too. Like it a lot!

CLFZyK_WUAA4B6v.jpg

It's awful. Blue would have been nicer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I love it! Are they having a sponsor this season?

Love it too, finally back to yellow!

Mushy wrote:
    I love it! Are they having a sponsor this season?

No Sponsor as there is a legal dispute with Enterprise Insurance. Until it's settled, they can't have any on the shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

championc wrote: »
    No Sponsor as there is a legal dispute with Enterprise Insurance. Until it's settled, they can't have any on the shirt

They'd make a killing selling it like that, even the white one too!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9928699/football-league-live-on-sky-sports-another-11-fixtures-announced

That's now 5 games on Sky in the league before Christmas already announced... and one in the cup. That's got to be up there with a lot of the lower half of the prem teams...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Fee agreed with Sunderland for will buckley , just personal terms to sort out with player , he would be perfect for us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Fee agreed with Sunderland for will buckley , just personal terms to sort out with player , he would be perfect for us

I really hope this goes through. I was starting to worry we would go another transfer window without signing a winger. Maybe we can afford it because of the Gradel cash, so in a way we finally used the money from Gradel's transfer to sign his replacement :). (if it all goes through of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Squad Numbers have been released this morning.
    http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/13qz1j2snco7s1ip1xc6j5mk2b/title/201516-squad-numbers-announced

Sometimes you can judge by who is 1-11 as to the first choice players. Although I can't see Doukara being a first team regular.

1. Marco Silvestri
    2. Sam Byram
    3. Sol Bamba
    4. Scott Wootton
    5. Giuseppe Bellusci
    6. Liam Cooper
    7. Mirco Antenucci
    8. Luke Murphy
    9. Chris Wood
    10. Alex Mowatt
    11. Souleymane Doukara
    14. Tommaso Bianchi
    19. Lee Erwin
    20. Steve Morison
    21. Charlie Taylor
    22. Ross Turnbull
    23. Lewis Cook
    24. Tom Adeyemi
    27. Kalvin Phillips
    28. Gaetano Berardi
    29. Casper Sloth
    30. Charlie Horton

Looking at the whole team, I feel we are in need of a lot more players.
    No number for Nicky Ajose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement