Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

iseegirls wrote: »
    Squad Numbers have been released this morning.
    http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/13qz1j2snco7s1ip1xc6j5mk2b/title/201516-squad-numbers-announced

Sometimes you can judge by who is 1-11 as to the first choice players. Although I can't see Doukara being a first team regular.

1. Marco Silvestri
    2. Sam Byram
    3. Sol Bamba
    4. Scott Wootton
    5. Giuseppe Bellusci
    6. Liam Cooper
    7. Mirco Antenucci
    8. Luke Murphy
    9. Chris Wood
    10. Alex Mowatt
    11. Souleymane Doukara
    14. Tommaso Bianchi
    19. Lee Erwin
    20. Steve Morison
    21. Charlie Taylor
    22. Ross Turnbull
    23. Lewis Cook
    24. Tom Adeyemi
    27. Kalvin Phillips
    28. Gaetano Berardi
    29. Casper Sloth
    30. Charlie Horton

Looking at the whole team, I feel we are in need of a lot more players.
    No number for Nicky Ajose.

That shows in black and white how light we are... a lot of dependence on youth again for the year. Roller has said that Coyle & Walters have been given numbers too but not classed as 'first team'.

Add to that Bianchi is going for surgery on his knee (at best 3-4 weeks expected return time).

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Fee agreed with Sunderland for will buckley , just personal terms to sort out with player , he would be perfect for us

Phil Hay saying he is on £20k plus a week currently and would need to take a fairly substantial cut to agree to what LUFC will offer.

Decent young and tall striker, and has / is declaring for Ireland too. Would be a good addition if it does go through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

iseegirls wrote:
    Sometimes you can judge by who is 1-11 as to the first choice players. Although I can't see Doukara being a first team regular.

Berardi and others clearly just keeping their original numbers. I'd say that we've never had 1 - 11 numbers once on the field in the past 2 decades.

While the team may seem somewhat light, that will be made up by the fact that the majority have been together for the past year.

So looks like we've got our Winger - Stuart Dallas from Brentford.

So our recruitment business has brought in non-striker goal scorers, which can only be good news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Watching Leeds v Everton on LUTV. The away strip isn't too bad. Only ten mins in, but that feeling of doom seems to be gone. Positive looking :-)

A goal up!!! Eddie making the point that in the championship we will come 7p against physically stronger and better sides than this. Dammit Eddie let me enjoy this for at least 5 minutes!!!

SarahBM wrote:
    A goal up!!! Eddie making the point that in the championship we will come 7p against physically stronger and better sides than this. Dammit Eddie let me enjoy this for at least 5 minutes!!!

Looking forward to following Popey and Whelan. It's Thom and Eddie as an absolute last resort. Mind you, all streaming sites had the game today without - Thom and Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Love the new kits, loved the mowatt goal, great to see a striker of ours get lucky with a deflection given our last few 'proven goalscorers' seemed jinxed, buzzing for next Sat! MOT!

Dallas sounds good good too - obv Rosler knows him and Brentford don't want him to go but are accepting it due to being in the last year of his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Was watching the mowatt goal waiting for the long ball forward, delighted to be disappointed!

• Advertisement

Dallas in, Morrison out (contract mutually cancelled - gonna sign for Millwall) and Gradel in at Bournmouth landing us £500k-700k depending on the £7m-£9m fee. Not a bad start to the week!

Also Pearson representing the club on 92 Live as Sky Sports travel to all football league clubs. Making sense and building our image whilst Cellino is thankfully away on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Anyone going to Burnley on Saturday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

Anyone going to Burnley on Saturday?

Me

N11 - can't wait!

Although I think it has 2-2 written all over it

I haven't really thought about it all summer but now that the season is about to begin, I am really excited, and dare I say even a bit optimistic!
    It's been five years and I'm sick of championship football.

I hope this new manager is just given the chance. from what I saw last Saturday, there are are a lot of positive things about the side.

MOT!!!

So what do we all think the starting XI will be?

I reckon

Silvestri

Berardi
    Bellusci
    Bamba
    Taylor

Cook
    Adeyemi
    Mowatt

Byram
    Wood
    Dallas

Turnbull
    Cooper
    Phillips
    Sloth
    Erwin
    Doukara
    Antennuci

Me

N11 - can't wait!

Although I think it has 2-2 written all over it

N9 myself

Was considering South Stand this season as its started to become move lively

But nothing beats the Kop

N9 myself

Was considering South Stand this season as its started to become move lively

But nothing beats the Kop

Brought my last 3 girlfriends to their first game in N9

Maybe that's why they're no longer around :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't share the same optimism as most of you. I look at the players we have and I just don't see a team capable of promotion. Top ten would be a good finish for the players we have unless Rosler turns out to be an incredible manager.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I don't share the same optimism as most of you. I look at the players we have and I just don't see a team capable of promotion. Top ten would be a good finish for the players we have unless Rosler turns out to be an incredible manager.

Our 1-11 is top 6, definitely a match for anyone on paper

It's the depth of the squad that's the problem.

3 more in would be ideal but well only get 1 if we're lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Hopefully Joey Barton on a free and Brandon Barker on loan

Hopefully Joey Barton on a free and Brandon Barker on loan

Hopefully not getting picked up yet will convince Barton to lower his wage level. Think he'd be a perfect addition to the midfield. As for wingers maybe Will Buckley from Sunderland (formerly Brighton) could come on loan with an option. He was the alternative to Dallas and Sunderland wanted a permanent deal only but you never know.

Hopefully not getting picked up yet will convince Barton to lower his wage level. Think he'd be a perfect addition to the midfield. As for wingers maybe Will Buckley from Sunderland (formerly Brighton) could come on loan with an option. He was the alternative to Dallas and Sunderland wanted a permanent deal only but you never know.

I think it was very much one or the other with Dallas and Buckley unfortunately

Very surprised Barton is still without a club.

He did say today on Twitter there was no truth in the rumours he was linked to us earlier this year

Think Barton will end up in Murica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Or jail.

So its upon us :)

3-1 to the mighty white gods (Wood, Scaramanga, Bellusci) - Boyd for them

Hoping for

Silvestri

Bacardi
    Bellusci
    Bamba
    Taylor

Cook
    Adeyemi
    Mowatt

Byram
    Wood
    Dallas

Going up as ****ing champions!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY WHITES!!! I have a great feeling about this squad and management. I just hope that translates to a good season!
    MOT

Elland road faithful in fine voice!! Wish I was there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So close there, off the bar

• Advertisement

It's all a little bit frantic, lots of fouls etc

Loving the set piece tactics. Offensively and defensively. If that one for Bamba worked out it would have been glorious.

Sums it up

I'd have taken a point beforehand so not too disappointed overall. At least it was a good game.

It was a very good game, high tempo from the off. you could see the players were eager. Bamba showing himself to be a good leader I think. I was very impressed with the passing and more or less elimination of the hoof ball, although Silvestri did hoof it a couple of times. Atmosphere sounded amazing! And Feck sake Vokes couldn't score in a brothel when he was at Leeds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

For the grand total of 3 minutes today, Leeds were top of the Championship. Hopefully it won't be the last time we're in that position but I'm not putting money on it.

I hope we feature a lot on live TV this year. That Channel 5 programme was utter sh1te. Anyone think otherwise ?

On a positive note, the signs are very encouraging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

championc wrote: »
    I hope we feature a lot on live TV this year. That Channel 5 programme was utter sh1te. Anyone think otherwise ?

On a positive note, the signs are very encouraging

I went looking for the football league show :(

Hijpo wrote: »
    I went looking for the football league show :(

Can't stand that show for all five seconds they used to show of Leeds.

Considering Sky have us on tv quite a lot between now and November, and perhaps more if we do well in the cup, I might skip LUTV this year.

SarahBM wrote:
    Can't stand that show for all five seconds they used to show of Leeds.

You mean the old Beeb one ? Channel5 now have the rights .... For 3 years !!!

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    You mean the old Beeb one ? Channel5 now have the rights .... For 3 years !!!

I dont have channel 5 and I wont be going out of my way to find it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Finally getting to sit and watch the full match. So far I think if there had been a decent ref it could have been a completely different game and result, In favor of who I'm not entirely sure.

happy enough with the performance, they look fit and comfortable. Some of the exchanges with Byram and Cook were great to see.

bring on Doncaster

Whatever about Middleboro and Derby blowing us out of the water regarding transfers (Downing, Ince, Bent), now Bristol City are showing that they're in a different transfer level to us. We've had a very good summer but seeing the money and players these teams can sign is really dampening my hopes for the season.

Dwight Gayle to Bristol for £6m
    http://www.football365.com/crystal-palace/9945257/-6m-For-Gayle

On tv now against Doncaster. Seats galore, then Leeds end is rammed so fair play to them. 3 mins in and looking poor, I'm sure it won't last.

1-0 up, missed the goal due to sorting the dinner, seems typical!

1-1 at HT, Wooton gave away a clumsy penalty, then a few minutes later Lewis cook needlessly lunges in with two feet so straight red. Not high, but can't argue with either decision.

Hung on for extra time anyway, Doncaster haven't really taken advantage at all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We've been by far the better team in ET so far, don't know where we have found the energy from but we are looking more likely at the moment.

Out on penalties. Byram and Wood went for the point and not the goal!

• Advertisement

Wood's was one of the worst I've seen. Shocking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement