Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Wood's was one of the worst I've seen. Shocking.

It was an absolutely horrific penalty. It's a bit worrying when our new £3m striker can't even put the ball anywhere near the goal from 12 yards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

shocking. In a pub in my hometown. 5 Leeds supporters and 3 auld lads watching the golf. What a shockimg performance.

well as the cliche goes, at least we can concentrate on the league LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I watched the game on Sky last night and I wasn't impressed by what I saw. I thought Turnbull and Antenucci were the best performers and Chris Wood was one of the worst. For a big lad he either lost the ball or gave it away easily on a good few occasions. His penalty miss at the end crowned a forgettable night for him.
    I know it's unfair to judge a team on one performance but, if we're lucky, we're looking at mid table mediocrity this season.

chughes wrote: »
    I watched the game on Sky last night and I wasn't impressed by what I saw. I thought Turnbull and Antenucci were the best performers and Chris Wood was one of the worst. For a big lad he either lost the ball or gave it away easily on a good few occasions. His penalty miss at the end crowned a forgettable night for him.
    I know it's unfair to judge a team on one performance but, if we're lucky, we're looking at mid table mediocrity this season.

Did you see the game against Burnely though? We looked completely different last night. I dont know what it was. Dallas wasn't great either, compared to the performance last saturday
    Sigh. My good feeling didn't last very long.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Did you see the game against Burnely though? We looked completely different last night. I dont know what it was. Dallas wasn't great either, compared to the performance last saturday
    Sigh. My good feeling didn't last very long.
    I didn't see the Burnley game and I understand it was a better performance alright. I'm basing my views on what I saw last night.
    As you said yourself, we're probably better off out of those oul' cup competitions to concentrate on the league :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

First time in our history losing in the 1st round ... In baseball terms I'd say MC has given Rosler - Strike 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's tough to judge a team when they've played a lot of the match with only 10 men. Granted we weren't exactly great with 11 men. But impressed with Antenucci and thought Sam Byram made himself available at every opportunity when he came on. Scott Wootton prob will never play in that position again. Bellusci seems like he's going to get sent off in every game. I don't think Doukara will be around for much longer - his first touch was awful last night. But our options for backups aren't exactly plentiful at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I dont think we got much help from the ref either. A noticed a few times we got a chance to break from midfield but doncaster broke up the play by either fouling or pulling on a shirt and collecting the ball which the ref waved on.

You get games like that i suppose.

There was a period in the second half of about 30 mins where we got nothing off the referee, despite obvious fouling.
    Oh well. we lived up to our dirty leeds tag anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bamba booked after 2 minutes

• Advertisement

brilliant. thats two yellow cards in 2 games. feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

We seriously lack creativity and until it's addressed we won't go anywhere

Wood won't begin to shine until he gets the service he needs, no point lumping balls up to him like we have been doing

On a positive note good to see Dallas get his first 90mins

We seriously lack creativity and until it's addressed we won't go anywhere

Wood won't begin to shine until he gets the service he needs, no point lumping balls up to him like we have been doing

On a positive note good to see Dallas get his first 90mins

Highlights on SSN showed two very tame reading free kicks, that was it. Can only imagine how ****e that game was.

the text commentary on the Sky Sports app said, and I quote "I watched this game so you didn't have to"
    That says a lot I think We're playing Wed and back on the telly on Saturday. Things would want to improve a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Things improving so far 0-1, penalty, HT

Nice finish from Wood

He needed that

Lovely goal!

great he's off the mark with a nice goal

Antenucci is crucial to this team - he needs to be starting every game

no no no

• Advertisement

blow the effing whistle

tfer wrote: »
    blow the effing whistle

Nah, F*** this sh*t.....

blow the effing whistle

Nah, F*** this sh*t.....

was really looking forward to a few pints, now I'm gonna be bad company:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats shocking!

Absolute garbage

Turnbull should start against Wednesday

Absolute garbage

Turnbull should start against Wednesday

From the reports on SSN we would have been in trouble if Bristol had any kind of a decent front man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It's getting harder to be upbeat about the season tbh .. we're an average Champo side and that's the long and short of it..

We have taken the lead in 3 off our 4 games this season and drew

Points dropped from burnley and tonight IMO

• Advertisement

absolute crap. sigh.

had my few pints, am still disappointed over the result.
    I was really looking forward to this season ( as I am for the most of them ) but this one isn't turning out to be any different. I was happy with the signings we had but it just isn't enough. The money that is spent is jack sh1t compared to a lot of clubs that are a lot smaller than Leeds
    It is a big city, I was born there, I used to go and watch them in the early 70's when they were the best, I have followed them through the highs and lows but now the game is all about advertising and TV rights and no loyalty at all with players.
    I would like to see Rosler left alone to do his job for the season but I doubt if MC will give him that if results carry on the way they are
    Like I said, I've had a few pints and still p1ssed off, and maybe I ranted a bit too much.
    I suppose that's what happens when you love a club for over 40 years

had my few pints, am still disappointed over the result.
    I was really looking forward to this season ( as I am for the most of them ) but this one isn't turning out to be any different. I was happy with the signings we had but it just isn't enough. The money that is spent is jack sh1t compared to a lot of clubs that are a lot smaller than Leeds
    It is a big city, I was born there, I used to go and watch them in the early 70's when they were the best, I have followed them through the highs and lows but now the game is all about advertising and TV rights and no loyalty at all with players.
    I would like to see Rosler left alone to do his job for the season but I doubt if MC will give him that if results carry on the way they are
    Like I said, I've had a few pints and still p1ssed off, and maybe I ranted a bit too much.
    I suppose that's what happens when you love a club for over 40 years
    I feel your pain, bro. I've been a supporter since the Revie era and this past 11 years or so have a nightmare and it's difficult to see any way forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

We've three times as many points as Fulham or Bolton and are only four off top. Chin up lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

4 draws , 3 away from home ..........WTF is the panic about? we're getting there..........

There's no panic at all, (only a hangover) I was just really depressed last night when they gave away 2 goals, and 2 points, at the very end of the game.
    Today is a new day and am looking forward to the Yorkshire derby on Saturday.
    MOT

• Advertisement

There's no panic at all, (only a hangover) I was just really depressed last night when they gave away 2 goals, and 2 points, at the very end of the game.
    Today is a new day and am looking forward to the Yorkshire derby on Saturday.
    MOT

Which we usually draw 1-1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Just reading that the Forestieri deal could happen.

JokerD wrote:
    Just reading that the Forestieri deal could happen.

Now reading the deal is done ! He is a super player , get this over the line and we have one of the best attacks in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

OK I have a confession to make...

This is the first game I've watched since the start of last season and I don't recognise anyone :/

I know the names but not the faces

Phillips is useless and a liability!

• Advertisement

Great goal you can't deny that

Our lack off pace is a big concern

Great goal you can't deny that

Our lack off pace is a big concern

It was a well taken goal but bamba should never have let him get away from him like that even if he was trying to play him offside

Ref is having a laugh aswell, they should have had 2-3 bookings

Wednesday had committed at least 10 fouls with no cards. Leeds - 2 fouls (if you would even call them that!) and we have 2 cards.

Philips is terrible. Antenucci could possibly create something if he got a decent pass.
    Its very frustrating. Rosler should have taken off Philips at HT and bring on Mowatt. We badly need something in MF.

Very strange taking Byram off - unless he had a knock?

Lovely little nutmeg and cross :)

Dallas needs to do more off that

We badly need a win today

Bamba is trying his best to create stuff and prevent mistakes. Glad Philips went off. Better in mid field since Mowatt came on.
    we can score another! COME ON LEEDS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Uncanny!

Dya have tonight's lotto numbers while your at it?:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement