Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

SarahBM wrote:
    Dya have tonight's lotto numbers while your at it?

Haha I knew it!!! I think that's the 3rd 1 all draw in a row against sheff Wednesday at elland road

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Big game today

Derby have great team on paper but fell we can grab a win here and man do we need 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Oh boy do we need the win!!!!

I hope they improve the passing since the last game!

Silvestri

Beradi Bamba Cooper Taylor

Cook Ademini Mowatt

Antenucci Wood Dallas

I'd personally drop Byram today, know it won't happen however

I wouldnt start Doukara, but bring him on to inject a bit of pace about 15-20 mins to go.
    I really think Bamba must start all our games. He is a real leader and we need that on the pitch with the younger guys. I hope Dallas can prove that the flash of brilliance we saw in the first game was just that! a flash!

SarahBM wrote: »
    I wouldnt start Doukara, but bring him on to inject a bit of pace about 15-20 mins to go.
    I really think Bamba must start all our games. He is a real leader and we need that on the pitch with the younger guys. I hope Dallas can prove that the flash of brilliance we saw in the first game was just that! a flash!

Since when did Doukara have pace? :)

Since when did Doukara have pace? :)

wrong word, "a bit of life" I think it what I meant. :D
    He did bust a gut the other day though, I'll give him that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Adeyemi, great cross and perfect header into the corner

Great first half performance

Easily our best 45mins off the season

• Advertisement

The Coldplay singer equalises...only took 2 minutes.

Would love Antenucci to score

Mighty goal by Wood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great win. Onwards an upwards from now on !!!!! MOT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

What a win against one of the bookies title favorites, what a goal from woody , 33/1 top goalscorer at the start of the season !!!!!

It was a thing of beauty from Wood!!! Good feeling is back!!! And Bamba, what a rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Screamer of a goal!! The sound of it going in was magical!!

Phil Hay has it up on his twitter if anyone missed it!!

Positive feelings again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

delighted with the win against one of our bogey teams, 1st half we played really well and deserved the lead. 2nd half we were hanging on a bit but it was a brilliant goal to get the 3 points. MOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Leeds look like they've signed Excelsior winger Jordan Botaka

But in more important news it looks like Redfearn has been replaced by Paul Hart. He brought some great players through the academy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

JokerD wrote: »
    Just reading that the Forestieri deal could happen.

Cellino called the deal off on Friday because Forestieri didn't have "the right mentality" to play for Leeds. He signed for Sheffield Wednesday yesterday. Why do I have this bad feeling that this one will come back to bite us in the ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I'm more than happy. We want players like Bokata who will jump at the opportunity. Talk was that he didn't want to go up north but then ends up in Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wednesday's owners are apparently not shy about splasing the cash. They've had a £10m bid for Ross McCormack rejected by Fulham. I don't suppose we'd get any of the fee if he does move?

So deal done for Jordan "The Wizard" Botaka. Wonder if we will get a second today. A Will Buckley deal could still happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Kept our options open yesterday in case a good deal appeared but didn't panic buy (like a certain Manchester based club look to have done!) and were happy with the moves we'd sorted much earlier in the summer. Even our last signing, Botaka, said in an interview just before he signed that he'd known of Leeds interest and steps had been taken weeks ago. Said that even though Limbombe was the one mentioned in the media he'd known he was an option for Leeds at that time but his name wasn't leaked. Sound business in the summer, even if our budget is a lot lower than some others, now to just keep playing the way we are and march on up to the PL!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

I'm just glad we retained the youth, they along with a few of the last few signings make for a great spine and potential of a team!

In other news Ajose was also release from his contract 'by mutual consent':

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/axmut6xhzdi1x2dxgyklo9mi/title/ajose-free-to-move-on

Back in action Saturday at home to Brentford. A win puts us up to 10 points with the teams currently sharing 2nd place. Confident going into it. If we play like we did before the international break then the next 3 games look winnable before we travel to Boro. That one is the toughest of the next 12 games I'm looking at. MOT.

Dug out a draw today. I suppose " still unbeaten" puts a positive gloss on the season so far.

When I saw we were one down against Brentford at home I thought ah here we go again. Im glad they managed to get stuck back in and grind out a draw. But still, it is a bit worrying if we can't get a win against a team like Brentford at home.

This season is proving to be the craziest ever. To think we're only 4 points off 2nd. Those 4 points could be caught up so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

championc wrote: »
    This season is proving to be the craziest ever. To think we're only 4 points off 2nd. Those 4 points could be caught up so quickly.

Thats only four more draws! :)

With Botaka playing this afternoon, we shouldn't expect to see him play any part tomorrow night. He sounded quite lively so would expect him to be part of the squad for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

1 down again :( Sounds like we are actually playing well tonight. Seems like silvestri messing up again for their goal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Adam Pearson has left his role and is 'taking a break'.

Bad news.

JokerD wrote: »
    Adam Pearson has left his role and is 'taking a break'.

Bad news.

Cue some traditional Cellino mayhem. Hoping against hope it's just some personal thing he needs time for. Unlikely tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Cue some traditional Cellino mayhem. Hoping against hope it's just some personal thing he needs time for. Unlikely tho.

Official statement is on the OS. All seems very amicable with Cellibo even leaving the door opened for the future. Still I'm sure it won't stop the conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pretty sure Celino has a magic 8 ball and he shakes it a lot.

Some asian businessmen in suits spotted at last two games + Pearson stepping down = takeover talk for next few months. Back to normal!

It'll all overshadow a very poor performance against a team that conceded 5 goals to Reading last time out.

Some asian businessmen in suits spotted at last two games + Pearson stepping down = takeover talk for next few months. Back to normal!

Especially so with Cellinos' next day in court only around the corner, and this one is far bigger than boats and land rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

No need to be moaning about this latest bombshell. I think we had about 3 months of positive headlines. Not bad, not bad at all :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So back to normality at Elland Road again. 1 point from two home games and Pearson leaving (open letter here), combined with a lack of any real pattern in the team and some players really out of form (Bamba, Mowatt and Byram all appear to be struggling), once again the pre season optimism ebbs away before the end of September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Very strange move by Pearson. It sounds amicable but there must be more to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

quarryman wrote: »
    Very strange move by Pearson. It sounds amicable but there must be more to the story.

This is Leeds... always more to the story!

No one leaves a job after four months, rumours abound on twitter. I'm already fearing for Uwe without the calming influence of Pearson as go between with MC.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

So the Gloss falls off.........Caesar will be exposed again as the EGO he is. Uwe will be gone by Christmas........Revolving door syndrome will set in AGAIN.......Only one common denominator here.

If we lose today I fear for Uwe

A convincing win away from home would be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

0-2 up at h/t. Dare we hope.

• Advertisement

1-2 now and Dos down to 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

1-2 Result against 10 men. After "eventful" few days at the club a welcome 3 points.

Not the only win yesterday. The U18's thumped QPR 9-2

I didn't listen to or follow the match yesterday and we won. Maybe I'm the jinx :-(

Delighted with the win. Did they play well?

SarahBM wrote:
    Delighted with the win. Did they play well?

We don't seem to have the mentality to go and finish a game off. We very much stood off for the second half and invited them on to us. This is based on the Noel and Popey commentary whivh, btw folks, was broasting ok on TuneIn yesterday. It's normally blocked with a copyright recorded message

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement