Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Will Buckley to join training tomorrow and only joining officially after Boro game. Will therefore be available right through Christmas period. Very good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cellino on SS News now.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

WINGERS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Berardi has signed a contract extention too. Good news. Hope MC was sensible on sky sports news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

They should have sub-titles when MC is on the telly, I can only catch a word here and there when he talks.
    I hope he follows through about buying ER back

tfer wrote: »
    They should have sub-titles when MC is on the telly, I can only catch a word here and there when he talks.
    I hope he follows through about buying ER back

I think it was his priority when he arrived, then we were gonna use the Ross McCormack money on it, it was "100%" to be done before November 2014 etc. etc. etc. etc.

I must admit I have little interest in what he says. He is liable to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Byram refused new deal?? Has this only been released now or has it been common knowledge?

I hope it's not the start of things to come

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Hijpo wrote: »
    Byram refused new deal?? Has this only been released now or has it been common knowledge?

I hope it's not the start of things to come

Been out there a while now, well rumoured anyway. Supposedly a significant enough pay cut was offered and MC fell out with his agent so looks like it will be heading to a tribunal when he leaves for free in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fantastic start, 1 down after Nugent accidentally controls with his arm.

Now Bellusci has an own goal to his name. Ducked and missed header for the first, ducked and nailed a header straight into his own net for the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Middlesbrough 0 Bellusci 2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Appalling defensive display - all absolutely juvenile errors. In general play, Leeds have given as good as they have got.

Bamba would be well advised sorting his studs out for the next game - that's the third time this half that he has slipped.

Just one of those days where nothing went right, typical. 3-0 flatters Middlesborough.

Nothing Uwe could have done about that. Stupid mistakes cost us. Might sound silly saying it considering the score but bar the stupid mistakes we actually played quite well overall.

I missed it today. What's the verdict on Botaka ?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

championc wrote: »
    I missed it today. What's the verdict on Botaka ?

About the only player that looked dangerous IMO, played 60 minutes and looked lively. Surprised he was taken off to be honest, especially for the Douk.

On another worrying note, UR comments after the match were cryptic but appeared to suggest MC is still picking some of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

I said this time last season that Bellusci was a total liability. Why oh why can Joe public see it but those who pick the team cant? Or could it be still EGO'(s) at play?

Was there any explanation as to why he replaced Cooper ?

50 mins gone today and no sign of a goal. Brum lead 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

To be honest, I think I am going to ignore Leeds til the RWC is over. I will be a happier person in gerenal if I do this.

Am i the only one who is beginning to think that Rosler talks a good game, but good players are under achieving ?

I always felt that Grayson got average players to over achieve. While he's struggling at Preston, it's more down to the players he has to work with. If he became unemployed again, i wouldn't say no.

BTW, after ten games, there's 15 pts between first and last. 12 months ago, the gap was 20 pts. A few wins can turn the table on it's head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Is players under achieving not a perennial Leeds problem?

I liked Grayson a lot and he would love to come back too but I'll give Rosler a bit more time first. New ideas take time to bed in and he needs to work out who is able to play as he wishes.

We're in desperate need of a midfield general though. An old head to settle the young ones.

Another home defeat today. Methinks another sacking is on the horizon !!!

Whats really worrying is teams don't even have to play well to beat us.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

We are in freefall again, and its not even Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Something doesn't add up

Why play Wooton at RB when Byram is fit?

It's almost like Cellino is forcing Uwe not to pick him after all the contract saga

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

New club record today apparently - 11 home games in a row without a win. Pretty depressing. :(

Zaph wrote:
    New club record today apparently - 11 home games in a row without a win. Pretty depressing.

Unfortunately, i can't see it stopping there either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

championc wrote: »
    Unfortunately, i can't see it stopping there either

Aaaaaand he's sacked. ....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah Rosler gone, Steve Evans former Rotherham manager taking over supposedly.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yeah Rosler gone, Steve Evans former Rotherham manager taking over supposedly.

Already at training ground, according to SS News.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

And the rollercoaster continues

When I saw this up there one Monday it was just inevitable what had happened!

Matters little who the coach is if:
    1/ Cellinio is going to dictate actual playing squad & who makes the team or not
    2/ There is little or no money for quality signings

My prediction We'll be having the same press conference by Late Now/Early Dec

I admit I was wrong - out by a month........

& the same will apply to who ever comes in.

Matters little who the coach is if:
    1/ Cellinio is going to dictate actual playing squad & who makes the team or not
    2/ There is little or no money for quality signings

ad infinitum

Pity SG wasn't available. Bet he will be in a few weeks.

Why would any decent manager ever want to manage Leeds while that crazy git runs the show. Bring back Bates all is forgiven (joke of course)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah no decent manager is going to want to come to us when he knows he will have very little control over signings etc and will be given the boot unless he is an instant success. I feel we are no in a situation where we have to given lower level managers a shot with the hope that they turn out good.

What an absolute horrible weekend of sport. If Ireland dont beat Bosnia then Im giving up and joining a monastery. One with no tv, radio or internet. It would just be better for my health ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Is it wrong that I don't care anymore ? ...... This Cellino thing isn't working, I'm just glad the club is still in existence and I can get over maybe once or twice for a weekend away - I really have zero expectation for the club under the current regime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I don't care anymore ? ...... This Cellino thing isn't working, I'm just glad the club is still in existence and I can get over maybe once or twice for a weekend away - I really have zero expectation for the club under the current regime

I completely understand where you're coming from, but the problem is that things aren't ever going to get any better under Cellino. It's one thing being glad the club is still in existence, but personally I'd rather that it isn't in League Two. That's the only expectation I have under the current regime, and I do care about not wanting that to happen.

Steve Evans?

Jesus Christ. Good bad or indifferent manager, he's a got a rap sheet of fraud and disciplinary issues that is a headline writer's dream.

If we ask nicely would that Hockaday fellow give us another chance?

Steve Evans?

Jesus Christ. Good bad or indifferent manager, he's a got a rap sheet of fraud and disciplinary issues that is a headline writer's dream.

If we ask nicely would that Hockaday fellow give us another chance?

"he's a got a rap sheet of fraud" = Should feel right at home with Cellinio then! Could compare methods used & future strategies........

"he's a got a rap sheet of fraud" = Should feel right at home with Cellinio then! Could compare methods used & future strategies........

Yep, here you go...

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=8698

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Think I might send my resume into Cellino, hey he might be willing to over look my non football background if I said I was willing to wear sunglasses all the time for my 6 games in charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

astonaidan wrote: »
    Think I might send my resume into Cellino, hey he might be willing to over look my non football background if I said I was willing to wear sunglasses all the time for my 6 games in charge
    baggsies next go after you

You just have to laugh. Cellino has been banned AGAIN by the Football League.
    At its recent meeting, the Board of The Football League (with the exception of Chief Executive Shaun Harvey who declared an interest*) considered the position of Leeds United President Massimo Cellino under its Owners' and Directors' test.

In June, Mr Cellino was found guilty by a Court in Sardinia of an offence under Italian tax legislation relating to the non-payment of VAT on the importation of a Land Rover vehicle. This resulted in a fine of €40,000 and the confiscation of the vehicle in question.

Having considered detailed legal advice and the Court’s reasoned judgment, as supplied by Mr Cellino, the Board determined that the decision of the Italian Court constitutes a disqualifying condition under the Owners' and Directors' test.

Mr Cellino has until October 28 to appeal against the Board's decision. Any such appeal would be heard by an independent panel.

The League will make no further comment at this time.

*Shaun Harvey was Chief Executive and a Director of Leeds United between 2004 and 2013.

Link here: http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-statement-massimo-cellino-2752570.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Maybe, just maybe this time he'll just fcuk right off and sell the club ... thought I doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Someone has been up to know good on Cellino's wikipedia page!

"Cellino was once again disqualified by the Football League on 19th October 2015 for not paying tax on Pies bought for new Leeds manager and serial obesist Steve Evans"

• Advertisement

Listening to West Yorkshire Sport on BBC Leeds just now, chief sports writer for BBC Sheffield appears to indicate that Evans' appointment could just turn out to be a master stroke, with several promotions at Boston, Crawley and Rotherham. Seems to have a particularly good knack at picking out promising players, as well as getting rid od dissenting troublemakers.

Maybe Cellino is spot on saying Rosler was too nice. He maybe pulled the trigger while he had the chance before his latest ban, and while a few wins would catapult us up the table

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement