Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mowatt makes it 1-0. Get ready for the inevitable disappointment that will surely follow.

I take it all back. We won! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Of all the teams to beat at home, I would not have put money on this one.
    I'm delighted for Evans to have his first win under his belt (as well as 300lb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

First time to beat them since 1984 - George McCluskey scored that day - with all us aul fellas here I'd say that 90% of the people would remember him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I wasn't even born! ha ha!

I was at the cinema and checked my phone when I came out, and I didn't believe it! But Twitter quickly told me I wasn't imagining it! I cant believe I missed it! Will definitely have to catch the highlights!
    Good man Mowatt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

SarahBM wrote: »
    I wasn't even born! ha ha!

I was at the cinema and checked my phone when I came out, and I didn't believe it! But Twitter quickly told me I wasn't imagining it! I cant believe I missed it! Will definitely have to catch the highlights!
    Good man Mowatt!

me neither!

Great strike from Mowatt, expecting us to being beaten its the only occasion I love being wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Breaking News : Celino decides NOT to sell to LFU.

Maybe unrelated to the fact that we won last night, following the Blessing of the Elland Road pitch over the weekend !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Che sorpresa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Its a guise for Cellinio to buy time. He perfectly well knows they will have to take some time to put together a package & even at that it may well be short of what he wants. In the meanwhile Evans might just string some results together.
    Some Fans are very fickle they will have forgotten how much they despise him come over side of two or three wins on the bounce.
    Then he will belittle the offer & say how can anyone right minded take these guys serious. Damage the overall case for fan ownership & know the average fan will fall for it

BUT Nothing will change in the long run.........for Il Ego
    RichardoKhan called this correctly. Well done sir! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Anyone know if Ryanair have stopped there 6.30am flights back to Dublin on a Sunday
    Trying to books flights for few games early next year but no option for early Sunday flight - only 7.30pm

Anyone know if Ryanair have stopped there 6.30am flights back to Dublin on a Sunday
    Trying to books flights for few games early next year but no option for early Sunday flight - only 7.30pm

Awh that's sucks. Tweet them and ask. you'll probably get a faster response than emailing

Anyone know if Ryanair have stopped there 6.30am flights back to Dublin on a Sunday Trying to books flights for few games early next year but no option for early Sunday flight - only 7.30pm

You may see them in the schedule from April onwards, which is when the Summer 2016 schedule starts. The schedule changeover is the last Sunday in March. The Summer schedule finishes on the last Sunday in October

So in short, if it ain't there, it ain't coming either

Something positive. Hope he gets his confidence back.

2 goals in 2 minutes, and unusually we scored both. I was out and only switched on just after the first goal, so no idea why there's 8 minutes of injury time in the first half. I hope somebody wasn't seriously injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

2-up at half-time. Keep it up, boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Zaph wrote: »
    2 goals in 2 minutes, and unusually we scored both. I was out and only switched on just after the first goal, so no idea why there's 8 minutes of injury time in the first half. I hope somebody wasn't seriously injured.

Clash of heads with his own man whlie jostling for a corner to come in left Cooper out cold. Hence the lenghty injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If you can get over to Manchester (God's own city!), there's a midday flight back to Dublin on sundays. I'm over for the City/Swansea game on the 12th of december; the outward flight is 06:25 on the saturday morning and the return is at midday on sunday.

By the way, how the hell did your fella stay on the pitch in the first half? It was a staggering decision by the ref.

blueser wrote: »
    Manchester (God's own city!)

Who says that God doesn't have a sense of humour? :D

What a goal! That was even better than his goal the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

3-0 up after 54 minutes!! I have to pinch myself. At this rate I can see Steve Evens still being manager at Leeds as far off as the end of November... :)

3 goals, clean sheet, away from home in a Yorkshire Derby!

I must be dreaming!

I was watching soccer Saturday and I didn't we were the early KO and it was on telly! Switched over with about 30 mins gone. I cannot believe it.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I though Don Goodman might cry with disappointment when we started winning! ha ha!

Dallas was great, so was Antenucci and Mowatt's goal! Sweet!

SarahBM wrote:
    I was watching soccer Saturday and I didn't we were the early KO and it was on telly! Switched over with about 30 mins gone. I cannot believe it.

Well that was a stroke of luck. You missed absolutely nothing in that first 30 mins.

Just landed back in Dublin. Cracking day. Cracking atmosphere.

Can now safely celebrate sonce i was in with the away supporters !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone heading over for the QPR game on the 28th of Nov? (away game)

It's down as a 3pm kick off and I want to book flights now but a bit worried they might move it for TV.

How often does that actually happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone heading over for the QPR game on the 28th of Nov? (away game)

It's down as a 3pm kick off and I want to book flights now but a bit worried they might move it for TV.

How often does that actually happen?

Sky have already picked their 3 TV games that weekend and moved them to Friday, Saturday lunchtime and Monday evenings slots, so you can take it as certain that QPR/Leeds won't be moved.

The cutoff is always 3 weeks before the date of the fixture, which is also when the tickets go on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Awh that's sucks. Tweet them and ask. you'll probably get a faster response than emailing

I go back and forth to Leeds a bit and I often find that Aer lingus flights are cheaper sometimes than Ryanair from Leeds/ Bradford.

I think they come back to Dublin at 5:40pm

Thanks, I must keep that in mind if we get to go over next year

Mind you, a fay return can work out very nicely. I have two trips bought, both Ryanair, and all flights at 9.99. The games are Hull in December and Huddersfield in mid March

I was very surprised that Cellino wasn't all over the news yesterday at confirmation that he's to stand trial on the corruption charges around the Cagliari IS Arena

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    The cutoff is always 3 weeks before the date of the fixture, which is also when the tickets go on sale

grrr. I booked flights and made sure to be within in the 3 weeks so they don't move the game and now have just found out that QPR require you are registered with them before Nov 6th before they'll sell you tickets. So despite it not being sold out they won't sell to me. Away fans 2500 allocation is gone. :mad:

Any suggestions?

grrr. I booked flights and made sure to be within in the 3 weeks so they don't move the game and now have just found out that QPR require you are registered with them before Nov 6th before they'll sell you tickets. So despite it not being sold out they won't sell to me. Away fans 2500 allocation is gone. :mad:

Any suggestions?

There is a guy on Twitter goes by @lufcawaydays that you should pm. He may know how to go about it. I went to an away match in Birmingham once and he got me a ticket in with the away fans. Best craic ever. Hope that helps. Or contact the supporters club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

See increasing noises being made about this. Any thoughts? I know as a rule we should avoid optimism but still...in terms of chat, it appears to be gathering momentum.

Edit: Apologies if link not working - The London Independent reporting that a takeover by Steve Parkin is looking increasingly likely, with already talk of Moyes taking over if he's successful.

Lyle Lafferty on the radar for a loan switch

See increasing noises being made about this. Any thoughts? I know as a rule we should avoid optimism but still...in terms of chat, it appears to be gathering momentum.

Edit: Apologies if link not working - The London Independent reporting that a takeover by Steve Parkin is looking increasingly likely, with already talk of Moyes taking over if he's successful.

Link

Good recent article, again from The Independent, about the shenanigans that have been going on off the pitch since Cellino took over.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Unfortunately Parkin has been "close" to buying the club on a few occasions before and nothing came from it so I won't be getting too excited just yet.

There is a guy on Twitter goes by @lufcawaydays that you should pm. He may know how to go about it. I went to an away match in Birmingham once and he got me a ticket in with the away fans. Best craic ever. Hope that helps. Or contact the supporters club.

Thanks. Got sorted elsewhere, albeit in the home section.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Zaph wrote: »
    Good recent article, again from The Independent, about the shenanigans that have been going on off the pitch since Cellino took over.

Good Lord to say thats amazing is an understatement.

I must admit I have often wondered how Leeds are not a successful club as they have great support and it is a lovely part of the world I have always enjoyed going there. As a Chelsea fan dating back to the late 60's early 70's I have always had a healthy dislike of Leeds (as most Leeds fans have for us) but the Premier League really is poorer for their absence - sadly it does not seem ye will be back any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Not surprised the thread is quiet, I think every body is speechless after today's performance.
    I'm sure Redfearn is still laughing

I didn't realise until nearly half time that the match was being streamed. Gutted we lost though especially against Redders, who i have to admit, i don't rate at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I shouldn't have joked today that, considering everything, it'd be a loss for Leeds!

I'm off to the QPR game tomorrow.

Weather promises to be miserable. Hopefully Leeds performance isn't that.

MoT!

You'll almost certainly witness a Bridcutt debut tomorrow. I reckon he'll start

And no Charlie Austin in the QPR team by the looks of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

DoctaDee wrote: »
    And no Charlie Austin in the QPR team by the looks of it

1-0 loss (and he scored the winner a minute after he come off the bench!)

1-0 loss (and he scored the winner a minute after he come off the bench!)

If you had the day I had that wouldn't come as a surprise :o ..

:(

Got back home Saturday night about 10pm.

A thoroughly miserable performance. QPR were deserved winners and should have had a couple more.

Leeds look like a team just going through the motions. There's no interest in winning a 50/50. No spine to the team. Despite Steve Evans animated gestures on the sideline none of it seems to influence the players. Based on what I seen they will do well to stay up this season. There's some element of ability in the squad but no sense of passion. Matters off the pitch must be having some affect. Each player must wonder what the point in impressing this manager will make - chances are there will be another in 3 months.

Chants of Massimo out from the away section near the end. If only he was there to hear them.

Got back home Saturday night about 10pm.

A thoroughly miserable performance. QPR were deserved winners and should have had a couple more.

Leeds look like a team just going through the motions. There's no interest in winning a 50/50. No spine to the team. Despite Steve Evans animated gestures on the sideline none of it seems to influence the players. Based on what I seen they will do well to stay up this season. There's some element of ability in the squad but no sense of passion. Matters off the pitch must be having some affect. Each player must wonder what the point in impressing this manager will make - chances are there will be another in 3 months.

Chants of Massimo out from the away section near the end. If only he was there to hear them.

He was there from what I read.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement