Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Climbing the table = attracting the right type of loanees in Jan. It also gives justification to spend money too.

Wood appears to be doing everything right, except score. Only 8 scored at home all season which is a major concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Wood is unfortunate as he finds himself playing the lone striker, think he would excel with 2 up front

Not a big fan off loan signings either as they rarely work out, I understand it's a necessary evil however

Also if nobody else has noticed we are in top 5 form teams in the league along with Forest who we have next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Wood is unfortunate as he finds himself playing the lone striker, think he would excel with 2 up front

Not a big fan off loan signings either as they rarely work out, I understand it's a necessary evil however

Also if nobody else has noticed we are in top 5 form teams in the league along with Forest who we have next

Hadn't noticed that actually, I'll take any kind of Leeds related Christmas cheer!

What's everyone's opinion of Evans? Honestly I didn't have high hopes when he was appointed but he's done well so far. I'd be happy to give him the season and the transfer window, reassess in the summer.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Merry Christmas people!

Forest got a bit of warning under ffp, hopefully it'll somehow affect them tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Mushy wrote: »
    Forest got a bit of warning under ffp, hopefully it'll somehow affect them tomorrow

:confused:
    We knew last summer that we were going to be under an embargo until next summer, so what's come out in the last day or so is not news, and makes no difference to Sunday's game. Just the Football League telling us what we already know.

grenache wrote: »
    :confused:
    We knew last summer that we were going to be under an embargo until next summer, so what's come out in the last day or so is not news, and makes no difference to Sunday's game. Just the Football League telling us what we already know.

Ah I didn't know that. What I do know from experience is that off field on-goings can be a distraction, so hopefully it can affect them today.

Leeds game clashing with the rugby so will have to record it, but no doubt someone will tell me the result before I get home!
    We can take Forest, surely!

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah I didn't know that. What I do know from experience is that off field on-goings can be a distraction, so hopefully it can affect them today.
    We've won our last four home games. The embargo's been in place 12 months now so the players pay no heed to it. It just makes it more awkward for Freedman & the chairman to get players into the club.

grenache wrote: »
    We've won our last four home games. The embargo's been in place 12 months now so the players pay no heed to it. It just makes it more awkward for Freedman & the chairman to get players into the club.

Damnit, should be a good game. It'll be tight or Forest will bash them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

SarahBM wrote: »
    Leeds game clashing with the rugby so will have to record it, but no doubt someone will tell me the result before I get home!
    We can take Forest, surely!

Surely you're not suggesting that rugby takes precedence over mighty Leeds? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Zaph wrote: »
    Surely you're not suggesting that rugby takes precedence over mighty Leeds? :eek:

That would be borderline on blasphemy I think :eek:

Zaph wrote: »

Isn't Sarah a big munster fan? That and it's against leinster could make it hard viewing. Surely buying a second tv is the only option though?

I am a big Munster fan, and my dad being a Leinster man, victory is all the sweeter. We'll sit down with a few cans and watch the Leeds game when we get home. I wish Sky would consult me before they re-schedule games for tv

I'm sorry, but every time I see a shot of Evans in the Leeds dugout I think "Jesus, he manages Leeds, how has it come to this".

If a goal ever needed the Benny Hill theme tune...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Playing a high line? Schoolboy error, highest line you can play is the halfway line not 10 yards into the opposing half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What's the deal with no shirt sponsorship guys?

Leeds United are still a huge brand name, I would have thought sponsors would be queueing up..

padd b1975 wrote: »
    What's the deal with no shirt sponsorship guys?

Leeds United are still a huge brand name, I would have thought sponsors would be queueing up..

Dispute with previous sponsors I think.

About time mendes was booked.

we're getting absolutely no return for the crosses from wide areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hijpo wrote: »
    Dispute with previous sponsors I think.

About time mendes was booked.

we're getting absolutely no return for the crosses from wide areas.

Thanks to a useless No. 9. Hopefully we get a better replacement in the next window and offload him to one of the lower leagues:mad:.

• Advertisement

Cracker!

Thanks to a useless No. 9. Hopefully we get a better replacement in the next window and offload him to one of the lower leagues:mad:.

It's like he's not even jumping 80% of the time.
    We'll, that's an extra few grand on Byram in the summer.

Good man Byram. Cracking shot. Should add to his value next week. He's a free agent in the Summer.

Good man Byram. Cracking shot. Should add to his value next week. He's a free agent in the Summer.

Ah jeeeeessus I thought he had another year.

Wood makes a balls of it again, any kind of solid contact and it was buried. It certainly is a position that needs to be bought for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

A good point considering we were huffin and puffin for a lot of the game. It's a pity Wooton was the one overlapping on the right (he got a few decent crosses in in fairness), just wish we had someone with a bit more gas. I know the last thing you want to do with a lad low on confidence is rest him up but really Evans has to look to Antenucci & Doukara against Derby

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Wooten offer us nothing in the final third, Beradi is a huge loss

Taylor was outstanding again today

Brittcutt had another good game, passed the ball very well

Murphy and Cooks final ball was poor

Thought we played very well up until the final third, it's something to build on but we need some quality in January

If we get offered silly money for Cook in the next month, we should take it. He's an exceptional talent for his age but there are better more consistent players out there.

Adeyemi will replace Murphy on Tuesday and i too can see Mirco and Duke starting up front with Wood tested, with rotation being the excuse.

Great atmosphere throughout. Always been good rivalry between teams from Yorkshire & Notts - mainly going back to the days of Clough, and the miners strike in the 80s. Much better second half than first - from both teams. Leeds had a lot of possession first period but did nothing much with it. Thought Forest could have done better on the break, Ward took the wrong option time after time. I cannot understand how Wood is starting ahead of Antenucci for ye, Wood is a very average Championship striker. Antenucci has a bit of class about him and he made a better contribution in his 15 minute cameo than Wood did all game. I thought Forest were reasonably comfortable up until Byram's goal - which was the bit of quality Leeds needed.

After the goal both sides had chances and it really opened up. Wood and Antenucci both probably should have scored, likewise Ward for Forest. Leeds have certainly improved under Evans, although ye could probably play it through the middle a bit more. Most of the play seemed to go through Dallas, aided by Taylor, on the left, I thought it a bit predictable. Not much end result off the crosses into our box. The fact that Mendes was not bothered about tracking back to counter Taylor helped ye though.

I don't think either side will trouble the top 6 places this season. I'd predict somewhere between 8th and 14th for both.

So looks like the televising of the Derby match hangs in the balance as Cellino continues his spat with Sky, and ups the ante by denying Sky access to ER yesterday to begin setup of their kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

championc wrote: »
    So looks like the televising of the Derby match hangs in the balance as Cellino continues his spat with Sky, and ups the ante by denying Sky access to ER yesterday to begin setup of their kit

Mad stuff. I read one of his arguments, he was saying having so many live games affects attendance. Surely they must be getting a few bob for being on TV?

blaa85 wrote: »
    Mad stuff. I read one of his arguments, he was saying having so many live games affects attendance. Surely they must be getting a few bob for being on TV?

Won't be long before he starts effecting attendance himself. Wonder is he mad enough to ban himself from the club??

Sky making us play twice in 48hrs was taking the p***. He was right in this instance to make a point. Leeds have been covered 9 times so far this season by Sky. Tonight should be game 10

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

But..............were not a big club anymore are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Supposedly you get between £100k - £120k per home game depending on what day of the week it is. MC reckons he loses twice that on the gate and commercial revenue from the drop off.

Apparently it comes down to MC wanting to see the small print in the new contract that Football League signed with Sky and the FL won't allow it.

To be fair, this will be our 10th time on TV this season (4th at home) which is the highest in the Championship (and must be up there with a lot of prem teams who get plenty more... again supposedly).

Never agree with what MC does or way he does it but he is a businessman at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Story is beginning to gain more traction in the news...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/leeds-facing-full-range-of-sanctions-if-club-prevent-derby-match-being-televised-713370.html

Still at a stand off according to Twitter and not likely that match will be televised.

• Advertisement

How does refusing sky show the game at this late stage turn things in leeds favour or make any difference to the situation now? they still have to play the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Just been posted on the leeds official site that the cameras have reluctantly been allowed in to Elland Road.

Does sound like sky are screwing us. No wonder MC is annoyed, but he would want to get the backing of a couple of other highly televised teams, like Derby, before trying anything else.

Still delighted that the match is on TV, that would have messed my night up.

Bamba And Adeyemi in for Bellusci and Cook are the only changes. Can't believe he is still going with just Wood up front

Bamba And Adeyemi in for Bellusci and Cook are the only changes. Can't believe he is still going with just Wood up front

Probably thinking that it wears the opposing centre half's down having to out jump Wood every ball that's lumped forward. Second half bring on doukara to make a few passes which makes the centre half's try turn and run towards there own goal with heavy legs.

am I clutching at straws?

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    Probably thinking that it wears the opposing centre half's down having to out jump Wood every ball that's lumped forward. Second half bring on doukara to make a few passes which makes the centre half's try turn and run towards there own goal with heavy legs.

am I clutching at straws?

I suppose as long as we are not losing games, he will stick with that system.

If Wood had found the back of the net even once over the last few games, I'd be a bit more confident. Some shocking misses, but he does win those long balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

1 down, 13 min goal:(

Getting quite late on tackles, 3 in quick succession getting booked.

Keeper knocks away from 3 Derby players so Bamba has tap in past one player...Nice!

2-1 up now, Wood with a header after a great Byram cross

Get inn !!!!!! Wood, of all people. 2-1 up. 70 mins.

Balls

Well, a point is a point. Would've taken it at the start.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good point but an opportunity missed after going 2-1 up. Can't have too many complaints though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Goals from tonight.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leedsunited/comments/3ype11/leeds_22_derby_post_match/cyffmlp

Wood doing his best to miss the header.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement