Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Bridcutts last game on Saturday, we really need him until the end off the season, was great again tonight
    Although he did let Hendricks get away for the 1st goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Cellino is right, of course. Both Leeds and Forest have now been on the tv NINE times since the season began. Which in my opinion is crazy. It would be crazy for a lower half PL club, never mind a Championship one. It does affect attendances certainly and I can understand why he has taken this approach. But then again, he was happy to take Sky's money from their Football League deal, so he has to play ball with the devil in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It's not just that we're shown that many times, we've had two games in very quick succession to accommodate TV schedules

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Terrible performance today so far. 0-1 down with only a couple of minutes left. They are the better team and could be further ahead.

EDIT: A fluke OG makes it 1-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Absolute Beauty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

quarryman wrote: »

:D:D How the hell did he manage that? You couldn't do it if you tried. Very impressive attendance though 24,356. Up there with most of yesterdays premiership games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

It seems Lafferty deal has hit a major stumbling block. Norwich now looking for a straight sell whereas Leeds' preferred option is for a loan with a view to permanent deal.

On the brighter side, it looks like Bridcutt is definitely here to stay until the end of the season at least

Bridcutt deal done. He could also help spreading knowledge through the other midfielders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

How do ye find evans so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

kevthegaff wrote: »

Just follow the pork pie crumbs:)

I like the guy, he has great enthusiasm when on the sideline and he talks the talk. Better than I expected to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Fine so far. He is a bit of a mouthpiece but he does seem to have turned the morale around at the club. One of our biggest problems. So its time for us to give a manager a chance so I wouldnt mind if Evans is the one right now.

It will take this window and the next for him to begin to make the team his though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

unbeaten in 7 games, the man is a miracle worker :D

A complete cowboy with a track record that should see him not let in the door of a club like Leeds.

But not the worst manager we've had in recent times. Still makes my skin crawl a little to see him in the dugout. It reminds me of Rob Ford, ex mayor of Toronto, got the job done but still a clown not fit to be in the role.

A complete cowboy with a track record that should see him not let in the door of a club like Leeds.

But not the worst manager we've had in recent times. Still makes my skin crawl a little to see him in the dugout. It reminds me of Rob Ford, ex mayor of Toronto, got the job done but still a clown not fit to be in the role.

That's actually a great analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

championc wrote: »
    It seems Lafferty deal has hit a major stumbling block. Norwich now looking for a straight sell whereas Leeds' preferred option is for a loan with a view to permanent deal.

On the brighter side, it looks like Bridcutt is definitely here to stay until the end of the season at least

Rumours doing the rounds that Stefano Okaka of Anderlecht is an alternative to Lafferty.

Either way reinforcements are needed if the team wants an assault on the play offs

I personally dont want lafferty myself. So I hope we end up getting someone else in. As long as they are decent quality of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I hear there was an approach for Jack Grealish turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

According to Evans himself an approach for Grealish (was never going to happen!) and Crouch were both turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

In other news The Hock has walked from Kidderminster Harriers ..he'll eventually find his level ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Celinos "try before you buy" approach to players is seriously going to impact the number and type of players we can get into the club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

+1 Q_Ball. Is another winger really what we need? I would have thought cf and cb were priorities - maybe this is his attempt to replace Byram? But as you say, why not try and get someone who is a firm first choice player at a better club for once - wouldn't that be refreshing!

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    +1 Q_Ball. Is another winger really what we need? I would have thought cf and cb were priorities - maybe this is his attempt to replace Byram? But as you say, why not try and get someone who is a firm first choice player at a better club for once - wouldn't that be refreshing!

Hahahaha, you cray cray.
    Unless it's a 3rd division side, I don't see it happening, Leeds haven't committed to a solid playoff push in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Hahahaha, you cray cray.
    Unless it's a 3rd division side, I don't see it happening, Leeds haven't committed to a solid playoff push in years.

Well you've been proven wrong. We've just gone out and splashed out on Mustapha Carayol (on loan) from Boro. With an illustrious past including MK Dons, Crawley, Torquay, Lincoln, Bristol Rovers before Boro and Brighton on loan and finally on loan at Huddersfield for the first half of this season we are definitely heading up now!

Evans knows him from Crawley so must have some faith in him. We clearly know that Byrams' for sale and really, Botaka ain't doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Would Anthony Stokes be an asset?

Would Anthony Stokes be an asset?

If he sorts his head out he'd be a top asset at our level. Hasn't had the head right for a good while from the look of things tho. That said Evans does seem to get on well with players on a personal level so well worth a punt. No doubt better clubs will ask for him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Great start for the new guy 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

tfer wrote: »

Yes a great start, hopefully we can win the game and carry on the momentum into the league too.

I know we've had a few draws recently but we have not lost much at all

tfer wrote: »

Knew he was good ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Sweet. Man United away in the next round please.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Nice goal smashed in!

Sounds like we played well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Mezcita wrote: »
    Sweet. Man United away in the next round please.

Cool the jets, they have to get through first. C'mon the Blades (cough!)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Interesting comments from Evans, the club has 30m worth off offers in for players and even one from Germany, seem to be all for the youngsters

6 offers of 5 million for Byram ;)

6 offers of 5 million for Byram ;)

Would be so nice if they didn't sell for once just to see how things turn out

Sell Byram since we may have a very useful replacement in Caroyle.

I also wouldn't mind if we cashed in on Cook. Buy the likes of Alan Judge and you'd have a fair few quid left over.

Belter of a goal. Hope they make a push for playoffs now.

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Sell Byram since we may have a very useful replacement in Caroyle.

I also wouldn't mind if we cashed in on Cook. Buy the likes of Alan Judge and you'd have a fair few quid left over.

I think that's the attitude that doesn't get you promotion. Selling one of your best prospects cos you may have a decent replacement, how about we build a strong squad, now there is a shocking idea.

I think that's the attitude that doesn't get you promotion. Selling one of your best prospects cos you may have a decent replacement, how about we build a strong squad, now there is a shocking idea.

Byram doesn't want to stay though. So we could let his contract run down and let a tribunal decide his fee in the Summer Problem is that we could end up getting less than what we are being offered for him now.

Byram can go if we get 4m+ otherwise hold on and he's playing well anyway so might help us get 6th place. Should get 1-2m from the tribunal thing anyway. Will be interesting to see what striker(s) we get. Not many available really. A lower league scorer that's done well in FA Cup (Roofe or Washington) would probably be the right type but it's hard to even get those clubs to sell in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd say we got easiest draw for the next round v Bolton/ Eastleigh.

A trip to lower league teams leave bad memories!

Making round 5 would almost guarantee a tv match and good attendance. Phil Hay has us linked with Tony Rogic from Celtic on a premanent deal today. Don't watch them much anymore but know he's a first choice there so would be surprised. No idea what he's like but twitter saying Evans sees him as a No.10

• Advertisement

Doukara in the first minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

All square now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Some load of offsides!!

Torture. Typical f*ckin Leeds.

Guh. Bid of £3.7m accepted from Everton for Byram.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement