Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That all? :( At least he could go to a club who will stay in the PL and not to the likes of Sunderland, Bournemouth or Norwich who he could be back playing in the Championship with next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Zaph wrote: »
    That all? :( At least he could go to a club who will stay in the PL and not to the likes of Sunderland, Bournemouth or Norwich who he could be back playing in the Championship with next season.

Guardian saying it's "up to" £5m. Bit strange though. Might have his work cut out trying to get Coleman's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How good is byram lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Mezcita wrote: »
    Guardian saying it's "up to" £5m. Bit strange though. Might have his work cut out trying to get Coleman's place.

Both very attack minded tho. Would think they could be a great combo at RB and wing with one covering back when the other is overlapping.

I'm shocked.

I never thought I'd see the day when one of our talented prospects didn't go to Norwich.

I hope the media hounds him. "Whats so wrong with Norwich, Sam?". "Sam, is it true you hate the Norfolk Broads?". "Didn't fancy the Ipswich derby, eh Sam?" and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Zaph wrote: »

For a player who is out of contract in the summer I guess it isn't too surprising. Just hope it is reinvested properly.

Mushy wrote: »
    For a player who is out of contract in the summer I guess it isn't too surprising. Just hope it is reinvested properly.

The owner is insane. If it gets invested properly, that's just a fluke. He was the man who after all apparently offered Byram a new contract on a lower wage, presumably because that made sense to him, or Byram had the wrong birthday, or had a purple shirt which was bad luck, or some other insanity.

Until Cellino goes, nothing will be done sensibly, like reinvestment, or sensible decisions, or long term ism etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

The problem ultimately is that you cannot pay a Championship player Prem wages. If you up the wages of one guy, you'll create a giva (or a percieved one) in the dressing room and others will feel that they too are worth more than their current deals.

Bates went on and on about maximum salary levels and I feel he was correct in that regard. As to where money went after sales is a different issue

On tv this morning folks

Byram not in squad anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Morning is right! I hate early KO. Matches should be on at 3 the earliest!!!

Morning kick off is my perfect procrastination excuse though

Either a penalty to Wednesday or 1-0 to.us it should have been

That's awful defending :(

Awful goalkeeping again

Ffs :mad:

What the actual f**k!! Ridiculous goalkeeping

Wholly incompetent performance by the ref. ****ing shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Disaster of a match. Doukara should have scored, silvestri at fault for both goals and the ref making a balls of the sub / free kick.

Hoopers loan ends today, snap him up so he stops f***ing scoring against us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Normal service resumed.........just in case any doubters out there. UNTIL the ego that is Cellinio is gone. Mid table Mediocrity is all we will rise to..................Nothings changed, just were all a bit older

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Performance today wasn't all that bad
    Individual errors ruined it

We really need Mowatt to find form again, very annoying seeing Murphy in ahead off him

After the two goals went in, my dad text going "it must still be Christmas!"

What do ye think about the disallowed goal? Prutton said the ref was right. But Holloway disagreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

SarahBM wrote: »
    What do ye think about the disallowed goal? Prutton said the ref was right. But Holloway disagreed.

I don't know what the law actually is, but my gut instinct would tell me that it was right to disallow the goal. That said, Leeds can feel hard done by as Forestieri (sp?) was taking an inordinate amount of time to leave the pitch, purely for time wasting. :mad:

It's not rocket science unfortunately - we need a decent striker to start converting the chances we're creating. Until that happens, we're going to struggle to get anything from what are some excellent passages of counter attacking football.

The debate will centre around the fact that the ref actually restarted the game. ALL players were then playing competitively. It wasn't as if the Wendies players were waiting or looking around for the substitution to be completed.

I do believe there could have been a different outcome had Evans still been on the sideline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

The debate will centre around the fact the Ref had not a scooby doo. The game had stopped for a substitution, Fessi hadnt gone off the pitch, he cant restart it. There are rules, the league is not 'corrupt'.

ANd re the time wasting, is he the first player to ever take his time going off the pitch. Of course not. It happens, like refs missing penalties that should be given.

• Advertisement

The debate will centre around the fact the Ref had not a scooby doo. The game had stopped for a substitution, Fessi hadnt gone off the pitch, he cant restart it. There are rules, the league is not 'corrupt'.

ANd re the time wasting, is he the first player to ever take his time going off the pitch. Of course not. It happens, like refs missing penalties that should be given.

But the ref ordered the restart. I definitely think an alteration to the rule should come in though, that if a player still hasn't swapped after 30 seconds, then play can resume.

Never helps that the retaken free kick is cleared off the line by somebody who should've been sent off in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

You answered your own argument. Its a rule.

If we're talking sending offs, what about Bellusci, best player on your side yesterday but shouldve gone.

You answered your own argument. Its a rule.

If we're talking sending offs, what about Bellusci, best player on your side yesterday but shouldve gone.

I did say the ref was awful. Gut instinct was it'd be disallowed, but ref had a clanger. Don't think the idea that if, after 30 seconds, the player isn't off the pitch, play should resume.

Also, I'm not using these as excuses, Wednesday deserved the win. Ref still had a howler at that moment though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi all,
    it's a fierce long time since I went to the pub to watch a Leeds match but I've a mate coming to Dublin soon who wants to do just that - does anyone know of a pub in Dublin City that is very likely to show a Leeds game? City centre or anywhere handy for the train would be best. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

so the deal is finally done for Byram, best of luck to him, hope he does well.
    Hopefully none of the other young 'uns leave as well

• Advertisement

A promising youngster many not translate into a classy player into the future. I feel that at the right price, we should cash in on Cook.

Look at Murphy, he was obviously expected to be a real classy player but he's never kicked on further following his earlier years where he showed promise. The same could also be said of Aidy White who got up to L1 / Championship level but then never kicked on. Chris Dawson looks like another following the same route

A promising youngster many not translate into a classy player into the future. I feel that at the right price, we should cash in on Cook.

Look at Murphy, he was obviously expected to be a real classy player but he's never kicked on further following his earlier years where he showed promise. The same could also be said of Aidy White who got up to L1 / Championship level but then never kicked on. Chris Dawson looks like another following the same route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Fee agreed with Brentford for Toumani Diagouraga. He was their supporters player of the year last year after not starting the season in the team. Played 25 games this season too so not a reserve player. Defensive midfielder that will play alongside Bridcutt in a 5 man midfield letting Cook or Mowatt roam free behind the striker. Glasgow Rangers were/are in for him too but we should be a better prospect than them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Another Ferrari signing by MC.........................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

1 up going into injury time, and the nerves kick in.

Byram on after 10 minutes vs City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Jesus lads, it was all Bristol. If they were a team that could convert chances it could have been 4 or 5.

Nothing created by us, i think the goal was our only chance at goal. Signs Byrams threat is missing already or just an off day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Jesus lads, it was all Bristol. If they were a team that could convert chances it could have been 4 or 5.

Nothing created by us, i think the goal was our only chance at goal. Signs Byrams threat is missing already or just an off day?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Diagouraga has been made official:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/10143504/leeds-united-sign-toumani-diagouraga-from-brentford

Don't know a whole lot about him and would prefer to see a CB / Striker or two coming in but will give the wingers some competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

He's a defensive midfielder Trend, not a winger. Here's a bit I plagiarised from the Leeds email list on him from a Brentford fan.
    Toumani is known affectionately as "Dave" on the terraces ? yes, we
    still have terraces ? although he doesn't like being known as Dave, so
    the PC amongst us call him "Tooms".

Something of a cult hero at Brentford, but it appears that he wants
    away. I assuming he is looking for one last big pay day in his career.
    Has been linked with a move to Glasgow Rangers for some time in order to
    team up with ex-manager Mark Warburton. This has slightly tarnished his
    affection among our fans, although not as much as James Tarkowski who
    effectively appears to have gone on strike because he can't get a move
    back to Lancashire.

His appeal is that he appears to be a player who has strived through
    adversity. Can look a bit ungainly (he is very tall) but his size does
    belie no little skill and he has a great engine. A good box-to-box ball
    carrier. He sometimes looks to have lost the ball, and then suddenly out
    of nowhere one those long legs stretches out (twizzle-like) to retrieve
    the situation.

It looked as though he was one his way out a couple of years ago, when
    we were pushing from promotion from League One he was farmed out to
    (League Two) Portsmouth on loan and the writing appeared to be on the wall.

Early last season (when we were new to the Championship) he made some
    surprise appearances early in the season and looked completely out of
    his depth, he got a chance thanks to injuries and since then, once he
    got a good run in the team, his appearances have been really impressive.
    He actually appears to be a better player at a higher level.

His lack of goal scoring prowess is legendary and there would be an
    outbreak of mass euphoria if ever scores for us again. I am sure he has
    scored for us at some stage, but it hasn't been for a couple of years
    and he hasn't come remotely close since.

In short ? he won't set the world on fire, but he has a good engine and
    a good team player. No, he won't get you promoted.

There are three players we are likely to lose in the window: Tooms, Alan
    Judge and Tarkowski. Personally, if I was given the option of
    losing just one of these, then it would have to Toumani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

<snip>duplicate post</snip>

1-1 away to Brentford. Decent enough result so can't be too unhappy with it. Carayol got the equaliser about 5 minutes from time, and Diagarouga came off the bench against his old team. No idea how he did.

In other news, Chris Dawson was released today. Been at the club 15 years, since he was 6, but it never looked like he was going to get a look in so it's probably best for him to leave now. I've seen one person speculating that he might go to Rotherham as Redfearn rated him quite highly. Good luck to him anyway, it must be scary to be told you have no future at 21.

Zaph wrote:
    In other news, Chris Dawson was released today. Been at the club 15 years, since he was 6, but it never looked like he was going to get a look in so it's probably best for him to leave now. I've seen one person speculating that he might go to Rotherham as Redfearn rated him quite highly. Good luck to him anyway, it must be scary to be told you have no future at 21.

Like Aidy White. Looked promising, got to a particular level and never pressed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The great Maximo has declared its unlikely they will sign anyone before the deadline. So it looks like another mid-table finish this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah MC got the "get out of jail free card" with the defeats to Ipswich/Wednesday taking us out of the playoff picture - I remember Evans being particularly annoyed after the Forest draw as his agreement with Cellino that he would open the wallet if we were within 6 points of the playoffs at christmas was then in jeopardy, not that being within 6 points would've swayed the argument either in my mind.

I meant to post this link before the Boards lockout but this article to me encapsulates everything I see with LUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Ross McCormack looking to up sticks again according SSN - transfer request rejected by Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

am delighted we're through to the next round, because we don't have to concentrate on the league anymore :(
    I used to love the FA cup when I was a kid, it was the biggest and most popular one win

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah MC got the "get out of jail free card" with the defeats to Ipswich/Wednesday taking us out of the playoff picture - I remember Evans being particularly annoyed after the Forest draw as his agreement with Cellino that he would open the wallet if we were within 6 points of the playoffs at christmas was then in jeopardy, not that being within 6 points would've swayed the argument either in my mind.

I meant to post this link before the Boards lockout but this article to me encapsulates everything I see with LUFC

Offering Byram a pay cut was frankly insulting. I'm all for caution in expenditure and Leeds fans know the alternative, recklessness, has far worse consequences. But no player with Premier League offers was going to accept a cut.

Nice to get a bit of a run going, hopefully it keeps up. Although wouldn't mind a crack at Man United either.

• Advertisement

Watford it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement