Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mushy wrote: »
    Watford it is

Pretty poor draw and probably get knocked out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Pretty poor draw and probably get knocked out too.

Exactly my thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

When is the draw for the next round of the fa cup?

SarahBM wrote: »
    When is the draw for the next round of the fa cup?

Was done tonight, got Watford!

Mushy wrote:
    Was done tonight, got Watford!

Thanks I didn't see the other posts. Bloody Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Watford isn't the most attractive draw. Doubt we'll be on the tv.

BTW, has anyone tried typing "we all hate" into Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

"we all hate Cellinio" is it? Cos if it isnt it should be. Another Transfer window shortly closes & a big fat Zilch again. Even McGeady reckons SW is a better bet than us................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

"we all hate Cellinio" is it? Cos if it isnt it should be. Another Transfer window shortly closes & a big fat Zilch again. Even McGeady reckons SW is a better bet than us................

And zilch points again today. The slide continues:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

The only highlight this season is watching Leicester kicking all the usual top dogs arses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Looks like Cellino isn't the only trigger happy nutjob in the Championship. Derby have fired Paul Clement for only getting them sitting in 5th 5 points off top of the league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Decent article by Phil Hay on Leeds recruitment system although it doesn't make for happy reading!

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Decent article by Phil Hay on Leeds recruitment system although it doesn't make for happy reading!

Was just thinking about the recruitment process at Leeds this morning after seeing a few more of the "we'll only go up if a rich owner buys us" comments. Due in part to Steve Parking selling over £10m in shares so speculation rife that he's looking to invest in or buy LUFC.

Only last summer things were looking good spending circa £1m on both Erwin and Botaka. How have they been signed and within a couple of weeks are clearly not close to good enough for the first team squad? Going back a bit and for less money Bianchi, Sloth and Doukara (barring his recent revival) were all signed for significant fees and on decent wages yet again were quickly seen to be not good enough. There are many loan signings that could be listed but I couldn't be arsed to be honest. The scouting and recruitment is a joke and even the signings that we'd keep and have done well haven't exactly set the division alight and get fans chanting. It's so depressing.

Evans has come out to say that despite the season effectively being over he still has to win games or get the sack but now is the time for youngsters to be blooded. Mulhern, Coyle, Peacock-Farrell and Philips should be played now and again and Erwin and Sloth at least given a few games to see if we can get any value from them. We know what our first team offers and where it needs strengthening.

On the telly box again. I hope this isn't too embarrassing

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brilliant. They were forced to remove the poster that was put up outside ER last week, but a lot harder for Cellino to do anything about a projection.

The whole thing is a farce at this stage and we're being made look a complete laughing stock. The match tonight is only going ahead because the league had to take out an injunction against the club forcing them to fulfil their playing obligations. How fcuking embarrassing is that? And all those poor feckers who lost out after this match was moved to tonight could have been spared the expense if Cellino wasn't playing silly buggers with the league in the first place which prevented them from Finalising the fixture until only four weeks ago. He's even madder than I thought if he thinks there's a hope in hell that Leeds will be able to break away from the current TV agreement and negotiate their own TV rights. But even worse is that he wouldn't be getting involved in all this crap over the TV rights if he wasn't planning to stay for quite a while. That's the most depressing thing about it.

Probably too late in the game to make it count, but how stupid does a player have to be to tackle like that when on a yellow?

Not too bad at all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Zaph wrote: »
    Brilliant. They were forced to remove the poster that was put up outside ER last week, but a lot harder for Cellino to do anything about a projection.

The whole thing is a farce at this stage and we're being made look a complete laughing stock. The match tonight is only going ahead because the league had to take out an injunction against the club forcing them to fulfil their playing obligations. How fcuking embarrassing is that? And all those poor feckers who lost out after this match was moved to tonight could have been spared the expense if Cellino wasn't playing silly buggers with the league in the first place which prevented them from Finalising the fixture until only four weeks ago. He's even madder than I thought if he thinks there's a hope in hell that Leeds will be able to break away from the current TV agreement and negotiate their own TV rights. But even worse is that he wouldn't be getting involved in all this crap over the TV rights if he wasn't planning to stay for quite a while. That's the most depressing thing about it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Watford v Leeds live on Setanta Ireland on Saturday at 3. Should be an interesting game. Hoping that watford rest a few players.

1) don't get a money spinning tie
    2) high chances of getting knocked out
    3) go out due to an own goal

Who would've guessed?

• Advertisement

Well at least we can now concentrate on the league. It's scary how far behind in class we are compared to even a small PL like Watford. And the gulf is only going to get bigger when the new TV deal starts. We need proper investment in the club from a chairman who doesn't have a continuous circus surrounding him, and we need it soon or we can forget about ever getting back to the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

So that's the end of the season for us really,( unless we get dragged into an exciting relegation battle ) what a crap season it turned out to be after getting my hopes up last summer.
    We will stay where we are unless money is invested. Anybody know any wealthy Chinese:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Random question, but what are the Leeds' fans opinion of Alan Smith? I only ask as his name can up in discussions last night and I remember the hate he received after moving to Man Utd. Just wondering if feeling towards him have since changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Zaph wrote: »
    Well at least we can now concentrate on the league. It's scary how far behind in class we are compared to even a small PL like Watford. And the gulf is only going to get bigger when the new TV deal starts. We need proper investment in the club from a chairman who doesn't have a continuous circus surrounding him, and we need it soon or we can forget about ever getting back to the PL.

Yup agreed .. we'd want to unlearn all that guff about the club being a sleeping giant whose rightful place is in the PL ... hard work, a better standard of player and serious investment required. Trading on old memories long gone isn't the way to go .. just look at Forest back to back Champions Cup winners with every bit the same right of entitlement as us ..

It really was an awful game. Soul destroying stuff. Bellusci's forward balls were awful, our crossing was horrific, and the midfield completely overshadowed. Would have loved a proper right back yesterday, one that would have overlapped the right winger and launch an attack. I don't think Wootton advance past the half way line.
    Was hoping Dallas would be another Snodgrass - doesn't look likely.

Setanta showed a few minutes highlights of THAT game against Man Utd yesterday. How I long to have that Jermaine Beckford back in the team, or even exciting wingers of Gradel and Snodgrass - with Howson and Johnson in midfield. :/ Even if we kept hold of McCormack - he'd give us probably 10 or 15 extra points on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

iseegirls wrote: »
    It really was an awful game. Soul destroying stuff.

Funny - that was the impression I got from the 'highlights' shown by the Beeb. We appeared to have one shot and very late on created a bit of mayhem from a breaking ball. I checked out the stats and both sides had one shot on target each - I think they had 16 shots to our 5. Sounded like dreadful stuff altogether.

The goal highlighted essentially the absolute lack of quality we have - Silvestri was caught in no mans land for the cross and Wootton hadn't the technique, under pressure, to turn the ball the right side of the post. Embarrassing.

By the way, I know Bellusci gets a lot of stick here, and his weaknesses are quite obvious, but I can't help but like the guy - he plays with a bit of passion which shows that he does care.

By the way, I know Bellusci gets a lot of stick here, and his weaknesses are quite obvious, but I can't help but like the guy - he plays with a bit of passion which shows that he does care.

There are needless yellow cards though, which have now hit 10 and he'll miss the next 2 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

tfer wrote: »
    So that's the end of the season for us really,( unless we get dragged into an exciting relegation battle ) what a crap season it turned out to be after getting my hopes up last summer.
    We will stay where we are unless money is invested. Anybody know any wealthy Chinese:)

They are too busy spending crazy money in their own leagues at the moment!! :D

• Advertisement

LUFC are a worse soap then home & away!!

On a serious note, an easy £500 quid a month for your man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Financial statement

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/eidd0n4hzz921dvh573dxzqhl

Better or just "looks" better?

1-0 down to Brighton, a bloody penalty too. Wooton is out of his depth out there.

Make that 2, horrible by Bamba and then a deflection of Cooper.

Make that 3

Glad I'm not watching it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I have now switched to University Challenge. Been a supporter for over 40 years and even our stint in League One is nothing like this train wreck.

4-0 now. Sounds like we'll be doing well to keep it to single figures.

Literally everything went right for Brighton there, its very flattering for them. Not that Leeds are doing much, but its harsh.

Mushy wrote: »
    Literally everything went right for Brighton there, its very flattering for them. Not that Leeds are doing much, but its harsh.

It's an embarrassment. I fear the next 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

It's an embarrassment. I fear the next 45 minutes.

I fear the next few years under Caesar's reign................

• Advertisement

All the reports are the MC left at half time and order SE not to talk to the press.

I feel bad for anyone who coaches under MC and although he may be sorting the finance side of things for the long term there won't be fans left to go to games at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The annual relegation dogfight beckons. Leeds are a bigger club than this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I was on a coaching course last night - sneaked the phone out to have a peek at the score on FotMob app - couldn't get it back in me pocket quick enough :rolleyes: ... worrying times

Cellino now saying he will NOT be sacking Steve Evans. Leeds fans very unhappy, mostly with both of them, as just shown on SS News.

Cellino now saying he will NOT be sacking Steve Evans. Leeds fans very unhappy, mostly with both of them, as just shown on SS News.

Which I don't understand. There is a long list of previous managers and many of them never got a decent chance, as the resources - compared to direct rivals - were simply not there.

I can't see Evans lasting too much longer, but all that will happen will be a replacement who has equally little resources and therefore equally as little chance of success, and so the story goes on.

Depressing.

I was on a train and I got a text from Dad with one word at about 8:10. "Disaster". Enough said.
    I put on the last 15 mins of it when I got in, god knows why. Ian Holloway even seemed lost as to what happened to us. Just another crap result. Are we safe from relegation?

The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who greeted Cellino's appointment, or each new season since, or each managerial appointment, with hope!

I'm so glad I extinguished all hope a whopping 5 managers ago!
    This season could be one loooooong car crash.

It's all very well to come into a club like a whirlwind and slash expenditure, and make some comments about passion and the fans and people should play for the shirt and blah blah blah. But in the case of Hockaday, you pay peanuts... It might come good, but all common sense and logic suggest it won't. And it's all very well to say that he will get the door, but what proper manager will look at the club and really want to work with Cellino?

These days, you can really only laugh.

Stumbled over Bolton 2-1 today. Mid-table at best this season. Sigh !!!!

I'll take it. Losing today would have left us precariously close to the relegation zone. We're still not fully out of the woods yet, so every point we can pick up is vital.

Away to Cardiff next Tuesday, then away to Blackburn next Saturday, before a home match v local rivals Hudders on 19th. No huge prospect of wins for the rest of March:(.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement