Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Really needed that win, especially with MK Dons & Rotherham after winning!

There's always....next season.

:rolleyes:

Stumbled over Bolton 2-1 today. Mid-table at best this season. Sigh !!!!

I'd have taken it at the start of the season tbh.

I'll take not getting relegated every season Cellino is in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

All the talk is about next season now. Evans certainly knows the level and type of players he needs and it was certainly the correct decision not to waste any money unnecessarily in January. The club know exactly how they stand financially too. And it seems too that Evans isn't afraid to take tough decisions as to who isn't good enough for this "project"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Get in there ! Sounds like their doing alright tonight, it would be great to do the double over Cardiff, a long time bogey team for us

should have been 2 up there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

How the hell have we not managed to score a second goal! Ridiculous!!!

Thank god for that!!!!

2-0 to Leeds, sounded like a fantastic game, great goalkeeping and the woodwork hit more than once. Am delighted, 1st win in Cardiff since 1984, and back to back wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

An injury time goal, on a Tuesday and it's for us!!!

• Advertisement

An injury time goal, on a Tuesday and it's for us!!!

AND in Cardiff.

Also...Steve Evans has lost a power of weight! Being Leeds manager is some diet!

Wood will have to earn his place back now. Personally, I'd love to see us offload him in the summer if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

championc wrote: »
    Wood will have to earn his place back now. Personally, I'd love to see us offload him in the summer if possible

Would be great if we got the exact same money back for what we've paid. Always thought it was an extremely huge price for a player who hardly played last year.

I am still stuck on "holy crap we won, on a tuesday, away from home, against Cardiff!"

I am not opening my mouth in case I jinx something! Can't risk it!

This is unbelievable, 2-0 up, could be 3 wins in a row, we could finish mid-table yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

tfer wrote: »
    This is unbelievable, 2-0 up, could be 3 wins in a row, we could finish mid-table yet :rolleyes:

Well, holy cow:D Could this be really happening?

• Advertisement

uh oh, 1-2 and 6 mins injury time :eek:

yyyyyyeeeeeessssss:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lovely win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Evan s for the sack. Cellino doesnt like his managers having a successful run;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Three in a row! Wow, :o great spirit being shown by the players to be fair.

• Advertisement

I am lost for words. I cannot believe we have won three on the bounce.

I'm a bit...meh.

None of it really matters as long as Cellino is in charge. 3 wins in a row, 3 losses in a row...the only issue is not being relegated, and didn't think that was on the cards at any stage. I really don't think promotion is ever feasible while he's around, I'd take Bates back now and that's saying something. He was a crook and a conman (and we can say that given his dabbling in finance in this country in the 70s). But he'd at least allow his lust for money dictate events - and think he'd actually have invested in promotion if he thought it was realistic, solely on the basis that it would benefit his wallet - whereas with Cellino anything is possible.

Manny Cussins, Leslie Silver...turning in their graves. The whole thing is a farce, a fraudster like Steve Evans patrolling the sidelines, you can really only laugh.

Could this be real proof that it takes 3 to 4 months for a new manager to really get a squad working properly ? Mind you, I do believe that Cellino was correct to remove The Hock, Darko and Use.

I also think it will be 4 in a row by next Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Stange when you mention those names I had high hopes with Rosler I honestly thought he had a confidence that he'd apply the B Dortmund template to our style of football. On the other hand I had no expectations at all with Evans ..strange days indeed

I'm a bit...meh.

None of it really matters as long as Cellino is in charge. 3 wins in a row, 3 losses in a row...the only issue is not being relegated, and didn't think that was on the cards at any stage. I really don't think promotion is ever feasible while he's around, I'd take Bates back now and that's saying something. He was a crook and a conman (and we can say that given his dabbling in finance in this country in the 70s). But he'd at least allow his lust for money dictate events - and think he'd actually have invested in promotion if he thought it was realistic, solely on the basis that it would benefit his wallet - whereas with Cellino anything is possible.

Manny Cussins, Leslie Silver...turning in their graves. The whole thing is a farce, a fraudster like Steve Evans patrolling the sidelines, you can really only laugh.

Note to self, do not invite conor to my next birthday party. :)

The Eleanora accounts released today show how much he's pumped in. The guy has real money and inherited a complete financial mess haemoraging cash. That's all now under control and so he can now see what options are there to move forward. He's also passionate about his investment.

Maybe he needs a Max Clifford to guide him through the media, but I feel we are much better off with him than with Capt Birdseye.

The Eleanora accounts released today show how much he's pumped in. The guy has real money and inherited a complete financial mess haemoraging cash. That's all now under control and so he can now see what options are there to move forward. He's also passionate about his investment.

Maybe he needs a Max Clifford to guide him through the media, but I feel we are much better off with him than with Capt Birdseye.

Jaysis the irony .. currently serving an 8 year stretch in HMPS Littlehey .:rolleyes:

I bet one of the porters at work a fiver Evans would not be in charge by the end of the season. He said his fiver is safe. I'll have to frame it for him! LOL

Even with his draws and even losses, Evans knows what changes to make to try and turn a game around, far more so than any of the other recent managers

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Who will take my bet that were having exactly the same conversation this time next year? Huh? Cellinio is simply a walking EGO & has neither the ability or the real desire to tak ethe club forward to where it needs to be. JUST keeping thinking Leicester....

• Advertisement

Fcking Huddersfield! Ahhh

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

1-1 to 1-4 in 8 minutes. And they had a penalty saved earlier. Wtf is going on?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Shlippery wrote: »
    Fcking Huddersfield! Ahhh

Wtf just happened?

Checking it on flash score app, all of a sudden the thing went mental and saw this!!?? Tell me the app is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Could this be real proof that it takes 3 to 4 months for a new manager to really get a squad working properly ? Mind you, I do believe that Cellino was correct to remove The Hock, Darko and Use.

I also think it will be 4 in a row by next Saturday afternoon.

I'm blaming you for today! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had the matched "star"'d on Livescores.

It started going mental. It was only 3-1 as I was writing that message and 4-1 by the time it finished. Nightmare stuff.

Not sure what the statistic was from last time we won 4 games on the trot..guess it'll be another while before we get to break it.

holy crap, I just saw the score:eek:
    What a disaster that was

adaminho wrote:
    I'm blaming you for today!

Especially since I was there at ER to witness the drama unfold :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I don't know about anyone else, but after three wins in a row I found myself again checking out the gap between us and the play-offs. Thankfully the team picked up on the optimistic vibes I was giving off and crushed them ruthlessly underfoot.

If you didn't laugh you'd cry. :(

The Daily Mail is reporting that Cellino is looking up Fabio Cannavaro as Evans' replacement in the summer. The Huddersfield result was the final nail in the coffin for Evans it seems.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    The Daily Mail is reporting that Cellino is looking up Fabio Cannavaro as Evans' replacement in the summer.

I'm all for Evans not being on the Leeds sideline, but if Cannavaro joined Leeds he'd want his head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

anyone know if Cannavaro can speak english or if he'd have any interest in being player manager. He'd still be better than the crap we have at center back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

He speaks english alright, but a bit broken. I remember him being a pundit on ITV during either the last WC or Euros and he couldn't speak very well.

Might have improved since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

A few things if there is anything to the Cannavaro story.
    1. It would be a PR dream. One of the finest center backs in Italian history (in fact ever) as our manager, it would generate huge publicity and interest.
    2. It would probably mean we continue to trawl the Serie B for cheap players or loanees.
    3. It would indicate that Cellino is going nowhere anytime soon.
    4. It would be yet another risk on an unproven manager.

All that said, the excitement such an appointment would generate would probably be ideal for Cellino in buying him some more time to try and win the fans over!

I completely agree, at best it's a PR stunt to make Cellino look good, but more likely it's just lumping us with another unproven manager who'll be gone in a few months.

He might be unproven but understands football and has played at the highest level. However, famous players don't really have much of a track record when it comes to management. Most managers were complete also-rans.

However, I'd prefer a Cannavaro than a manager who has been sacked by plenty of clubs. You obviously get sacked for not being good enough but it's amazing as to how many of these guys find job after job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

déjà vu ...........didnt everyone bang on about Uwe Rosler in more or less the same way. & it will end the same way. Just another cack handed PR stunt to win the 'middling' fans over for another 6 months.

To get away from the depression that is ER right now, best Leeds side ever?

Is Nigel Martyn the only player from the modern era that would feature? Would any of the Dorigo/Speed/McAllister/Batty/Strachan era make it on?

To start, Martyn in goals. Easily better than careless hands Sprake and Revie's mysterious appreciation of him. In fact most keepers since, Harvey, Day, Lukic, Robinson etc. were better than the keeper on our greatest side. Martyn should have displaced Seaman on the national side more often, probably a victim of the whole "keeper stays in until he becomes error prone" thinking of international managers.

Not forgetting of course that Eddie Gray gave Seaman the heave out of Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

The best midfielders would be hardest to decide. Speed/McAllister/Strachan/Batty as against Bremner/Giles/Hunter/Gray. Both sets were fantastic and I couldn't choose between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Quick question here regarding Leeds United related books. I've read David O'Leary's book and have The Damned United here. Are there any others written about Leeds or by ex-players worth reading?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement