Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Shlippery wrote: »
    Stupid Question, but it hardly matters where you get tickets for the game does it?

I wouldn't be the biggest Shelbourne fan by any means :rolleyes:
    I don't think it makes much of a difference but they usually allocate one stand for the Leeds fans to sit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

On all previous occasions, Leeds fans outnumbered Shells by at least 10 to 1. They'll allocate anywhere other than the river / tunnel end to the visitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

One of the 1st years they came over with Strachan& Vinny Jones etc I remember Ollie Byrne on the roof of the turnstiles shouting at lads that the stadium was full and he couldn't let anymore in .. so anyways he had a change of heart and let everyone in :D

A lad I worked with - his young fella started for Shels that night ... Strachan came over before the kick off and remarked on the size of the support - yeah sez he we get that most weeks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Robson-Kanu anyone? :D

I have no particular interest in Wales or Coleman or Bale or Ramsey or any of them.

And then I remember Gary Speed, and I desperately want them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Winger Hadi Sacko has been signed from Sporting Lisbon on a season-long loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Hope he's better than the last "Sakho" we got, back in our last season in the premier League - Lamine Sakho. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Cellino is a fair aul Sacko himself....

And with a view to a permanent deal too !! Always a better way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Team staying in Dunboyne Castle hotel and training in Abbotstown apparently. Might try popping up to one or both places to see if there's any access to the team.

• Advertisement

Team staying in Dunboyne Castle hotel and training in Abbotstown apparently. Might try popping up to one or both places to see if there's any access to the team.

I could be wrong but I think I remember reading somewhere that they are staying/training at Carton House.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's a pic of the new Sako holding up the jersey, somebody may recognise it. Carton House would make sense

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

All sorts of rumours that we were going to sign a new keeper, with Lee Camp of Rotherham, some Derby keeper and some young Italian all being mentioned. And then out of the blue we sign 36 year old Rob Green on a free transfer. Doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence tbh, I certainly can't see him as being any better than what we've already got.

Zaph wrote: »
    All sorts of rumours that we were going to sign a new keeper, with Lee Camp of Rotherham, some Derby keeper and some young Italian all being mentioned. And then out of the blue we sign 36 year old Rob Green on a free transfer. Doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence tbh, I certainly can't see him as being any better than what we've already got.

Was first choice at QPR until they realised they weren't going back up so restricted his appearances so as to not activate another year in his contract (we're not the only ones that play those games then!). Stayed fit and has good pedigree. If not happy with Silvestri then Green/Turnbull/BPF should have enough talent there for someone to be in form most of the time.

Leon Osman mentioned tonight. 35yo free agent that would add serious quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Rob Green is a fantastic signing! Matt Grimes in from Swansea English u21 international wide player...

Also looks like we've landed Kemar Roofe!! what a signing he will be , 3m on a 5 yr deal....

Jesus im starting to feel optimistic!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Pandiani

Kemar Roofe signing confirmed, 4 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Money being spent? Not all Serie B players? Did Monk have Cellino tied up somewhere during contract talks to get all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Definitely the lads are or at least some of them are stopping in Dunboyne Castle. Saw two of them checking in on Sunday aft. New training kit on as well........

Not sure why we have 3 senior goalkeepers...surely one of them is going. Seems a bit lopsided to have a squad with that.

Think Eric Grimes, the Irish under 21 keeper, may be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Talks of Cook to Bournemouth for £6 mil and Taylor not accepting a contract extension so MC giving his usual speal to the rag papers in the UK. Would explain where there money is coming from... I have become such cynic as a Leeds supporter!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Phil Hay of the YEP is reporting the Cook deal will be closer to £10m. It'll be a shame to lose him, but that sort of money for a 19 year old is hard to turn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Yet another season where the entire squad will have to introduce themselves to eachother on the 1st day back. Strangely, I'm more optimistic about this batch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Pandiani

Think Eric Grimes, the Irish under 21 keeper, may be gone.

Currently on trial with Portsmouth

Cook back in England today for a medical with Bournemouth. Figures being mentioned on twitter are huge. £10 initially plus a sell-on % quoted by one and "rising to £15" by another. Would be well happy with that with 1 year left on his contract. As a Leeds follower on there said: "Bridcutt and Osman please!". Would hope to see Taylor go for a nice fee too if going to leave next summer anyway. Both are top quality players but given MC's record are bound to leave next summer anyway. Get money while we can and give Monk a decent shot at top 6.

Apparently Silvestri is on his way out too. That would explain the Rob Green signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

That's Cook gone then..! Oh well.

https://twitter.com/lewiscook_/status/751511738026196993
    Delighted to sign for @afcbournemouth looking forward to meeting the team and excited for the season ahead! ����

Money now to bring in Bridcutt

I would guess a lot of the Cook money has been spent already... MC prob knew Cook was going and hence the few incomings (hope I'm wrong tho).

We still need 3/4 decent signings to have a squad capable of a mid table finish in the Champ at the moment. The money we are completing with is just silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi all

What's the parking around Tolka Park like? Have parked in the Skylon Hotel in the past when going there, can you still do that?

Thanks

Really looking forward to tomorrow now! Haven't been to a game in ages. Be good to see a few of the new lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Expect a different team each half

Would be surprised if we don't win by a big margin

Has anyone been up to see the lads train?

Shels played Swindon tonight also (and have a league game on the weekend apparently) so would expect to a weakened team on their side with a lot of kids. Shouldn't put us into a sweat really...

In other news, Silvestri has been sent back to Leeds by Monk to train with the u21s and been told he may not have a future at lufc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone going to the game on Saturday?

Would love to go, but have longitude on the same day.

Match last night was good craic. Some crowd. Haven't seen that many Leeds fans outside of Elland road!

The lads got a serious dominos delivery to the team bus just after :P

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone going to the game on Saturday?

Yeah I'm going. Looking forward to it after last night.

On babysitting duty for the weekend. Emailed Tallaght stadium to see if there's any section where I'd be okay with a buggy beside me. No response.

Does anybody know about parking? Would it be best to park in the Square shopping centre?

KJ wrote: »
    Does anybody know about parking? Would it be best to park in the Square shopping centre?
    There's a car park underground at the maldon hotel opposite stadium and also a surface car park there with a supervalu. Don't know rates but closer than square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Should have been 6 or 7 today.

I'm moving to Louth soon and I have found stuff online about a Leeds Supporter group in Dundalk but can't find a website or any info. Does anybody know if they still exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Chinese could be about to buy Leeds Utd for 100 million. IMO there is nothing Wong with that. http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/could-chinese-consortium-linked-to-bbc-presenter-buy-leeds-united-1-8040325

Navarre wrote: »
    Chinese could be about to buy Leeds Utd for 100 million. IMO there is nothing Wong with that. http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/could-chinese-consortium-linked-to-bbc-presenter-buy-leeds-united-1-8040325

Guy is a Leeds fan and has tipped us to be bought by different groups in the past so not getting any hopes up. I'm sure he'd love it and is actually trying to get rich Chinese lads into it but we'll have Cellino for a while yet now doubt.

Any thoughts on the kit launched last night? Like the look of it but not sure how it works with the beer belly, will need to hold it before purchase. Grey hoodie I saw Monk wearing looks nice tho.

Taylor staying for 6 months from the looks of it and unless we go up he'll be off in Jan or June. Bridcut still linked and good sign (for us getting him) that no one else has nipped in. Think he's exactly what our midfield needs if Mowatt is staying central as seems to be the plan. Can't wait to get the football back, even if it is torturous watching it's better than nothing. I'm a Kildare man so don't even get a decent GAA summer outing (although I do get extra use from white flags!).

The interesting point of the Chinese link was that it was published in a Chinese paper, which is more credible than the Sun.

Dare to dream ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

£5m just to look at the books at Leeds

Let's hope they are serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Looks like Pablo Hernandez has signed on loan with a view to a permanent deal in January. Should be a good signing :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Charlie Taylor has handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Any thoughts on the kit launched last night? Like the look of it but not sure how it works with the beer belly, will need to hold it before purchase.

I love both the home and away, lovely kits. Kappa sizing has always been a bit iffy from memory though so want to get a look at them yeah.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Charlie Taylor has handed in a transfer request.

The only reason Mowatt isn't up there too is because of his form last season. He'll look to leave too as soon as he gets back to his 2014/15 form

Taylor obviously feels that promotion is not likely next May. I wonder how many of the others feel that way ? It certainly doesn't bode well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

championc wrote: »
    The only reason Mowatt isn't up there too is because of his form last season. He'll look to leave too as soon as he gets back to his 2014/15 form

Taylor obviously feels that promotion is not likely next May. I wonder how many of the others feel that way ? It certainly doesn't bode well.

Taylor wants 30k a week just like his mates Sam & Lewis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement