Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Agree but I thought evans was one of the better ones lately

I actually agree with you Kev - add to that too was that he seemed passionate about the Club which could not be said for them all. I think Monk has the potential to be very good, but we'll only know that for sure if he's given time. Get rid of him and we're back to square one....again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Not a supporter per say but I'd love to see them back in the prem, had good memories following their results back when Kelly harte Keane mcphail were playing. Really need a takeover to get back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A goal up away to Cardiff today in the early kick-off. Peno on 62 mins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wtf was Hernandez doing? That would nearly have been guaranteed to be 2-0 if he'd passed to Woods.

All is forgiven, that was a cracking finish from Hernandez.

Zaph wrote: »
    Wtf was Hernandez doing? That would nearly have been guaranteed to be 2-0 if he'd passed to Woods.

Well, he's just made it 2-0 with a screamer:D. And that came just as I finished effing him out of it for not passing to Wood:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

GET INNNN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Good defence, nothing going forward, but a win is a win. MOT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I'm in love with Jannsen ! Our best player today! Tough as nails.
    Some really good defending today but Green still makes me nervous. Great to get the win though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Chris Wood again, hopefully gets his confidence up and keeps him bangin in goals!

• Advertisement

Momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Hernandez likes to have crack at goal, well able to hit them to and hit the target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hijpo wrote: »
    Hernandez likes to have crack at goal, well able to hit them to and hit the target.

From the few highlights I saw, he can hit a lovely ball into the box too. More of the same please, hopefully keep this bit of a run going.

Home to Norwich in the next round of the League Cup. Could have been worse.

any idea of the date?

Wednesday 26th October

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Question for ye guys if anyone can help me,

Planning on going to Leeds vs Newcastle 20th Nov.

Have accommodation, flights booked, just wondering whats the best way to go about buying tickets to the match?

Could they be bought on match day ? or will i have to have membership to leeds united to get tickets off their homepage?

They should be available match day, I'd be 99% confident in that. It's what I've done for matches over the years. I'd hope it'll be a big crowd at this one.

Mushy wrote: »
    They should be available match day, I'd be 99% confident in that. It's what I've done for matches over the years. I'd hope it'll be a big crowd at this one.

That's what I was worried about, presuming it'll big a big crowd for the newcastle game :p

• Advertisement

CorkColin wrote: »

That's what I was worried about, presuming it'll big a big crowd for the newcastle game :p

Keep an eye on other matches, see if they go to general sale. Barring a huge winning run till then, I can't see it being a total sellout.

Was supposed to go this game but other plans clash with it.

Keep an eye on other matches, see if they go to general sale. Barring a huge winning run till then, I can't see it being a total sellout.

Was supposed to go this game but other plans clash with it.

Cheers man :) much appreciated !

Match tickets usually become available online about 3 wks before the game. And you can pick your seat. You can always ring the ticket office. But I've never had trouble booking online in the past. Having said that, for different reasons I haven't been able to get over to Elland road in a few years so I defer to other posters who have been more recently.

Wednesday 26th October

Date for the EFL Cup game against Norwich has been changed to Tuesday 25th October

SarahBM wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get over to Elland road in a few years...

Lucky you!

Though a 20 month old child means I haven't been over in a while myself. She is such a blessing...I mean...she's spared me a couple of trips to ER! Though for all that I do like trips to Yorkshire and the couple of days around York, Whitby, Haworth etc.

Chris Wood again on the scoresheet.

• Advertisement

Great to see! For a man who got an awful lot of stick, he's starting to fire them in!! Keep 'em coming.

Shlippery wrote: »

Great to see! For a man who got an awful lot of stick, he's starting to fire them in!! Keep 'em coming.

Exactly my sentiment! Back into the mix with these good results

Into top half of table, Huddersfield lose and only two points of play offs :p

Now....where's this takeover?

Well, holy cow, is that 4 wins in a row??????

Well, holy cow, is that 4 wins in a row??????

One was Blackburn..twice..still counts though :pac:

Lets get a nice big streak going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Amazing the you can climb the league with a few wins. All indications at the beginning of the season was that a half dozen teams would romp away from everyone. That's certainly not looking the case now. Another win on Tuesday night could leave us level or just a single point off the playoffs, which would be an amazing turnaround.

Shlippery wrote: »

Lets get a nice big streak going!

What is this thing you speak of? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Not sure if yous have come across this youtube page, TV Yorkshire, but it covers plenty of Leeds stuff. Always has Monk's press conferences and Redfearn interviews for each match. Also worth looking at is an extensive interview with Haigh.

Her is a link to the page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiTEzEIjyCLVA0CP7XlQUMQ

Haigh interview link part 1. 4 parts in total

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgnPHQrkGb0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Great article with Alan Smith here. I know some can never forgive him for leaving to Man Utd. but for me he's still one of my favourite Leeds players and he sounds like a really good lad. Nice Leeds connection at Notts County too with himself, Hart and Shaun Derry.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Great article with Alan Smith here. I know some can never forgive him for leaving to Man Utd. but for me he's still one of my favourite Leeds players and he sounds like a really good lad. Nice Leeds connection at Notts County too with himself, Hart and Shaun Derry.

Always loved Smudger. Never thought bad of any player leaving the mess that was Leeds at the time. For them to stay would have crippled the club further

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

ManU behaved pretty well, as did the players, during the Smith and Rio transfers. Although Leeds was on its knees, they paid up and paid a lot.

On the other hand, Liverpool screwed Leeds on Kewell, afair they put more money in his agents pocket than the pittance that went to Leeds. Have to say I never liked them since, it was nice to see him turn out such a flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

ManU behaved pretty well, as did the players, during the Smith and Rio transfers. Although Leeds was on its knees, they paid up and paid a lot.

On the other hand, Liverpool screwed Leeds on Kewell, afair they put more money in his agents pocket than the pittance that went to Leeds. Have to say I never liked them since, it was nice to see him turn out such a flop.

My recollection is that it was Kewell & Mandic that screwed Leeds. Liverpool had offered 7m to Leeds, with Kewell refusing to move on those terms. Leeds then had to pay Mandic 2m so as Kewell wouldn't walk under a Bosman and Liverpool returned with a bid of 5m with all types of conjecture of what happened with the extra 2 mill they were prepared to pay originally. Kewell & Vidukas departures left a sour taste for differing reasons but ultimately they both shafted the club

DoctaDee wrote: »
    My recollection is that it was Kewell & Mandic that screwed Leeds. Liverpool had offered 7m to Leeds, with Kewell refusing to move on those terms. Leeds then had to pay Mandic 2m so as Kewell wouldn't walk under a Bosman and Liverpool returned with a bid of 5m with all types of conjecture of what happened with the extra 2 mill they were prepared to pay originally. Kewell & Vidukas departures left a sour taste for differing reasons but ultimately they both shafted the club

And they were dealing with a club that had no bother with their approach, and was right in the thick of it.

Has any other club made an offer...and then started making lower and lower bids following dealings with the agent? I can't remember too many clubs that have got their man by reducing their bids as matters developed.

I thought Viduka was a bit different in that he received part of the transfer fee because he had agreed to defer 25k a week in wages on the basis that he would get it when transferred, and at that he only took half of it.

It was Kewell who screwed over Leeds by saying he wouldn't sign for anyone else, effectively ruling out a bidding war. Also insisted that Leeds pay his full personal accident policy, though he agreed to join Liverpool prior to his renewal date. He was a total flop at Liverpool but left with a Champions League Winners medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It was Kewell who screwed over Leeds by saying he wouldn't sign for anyone else, effectively ruling out a bidding war. Also insisted that Leeds pay his full personal accident policy, though he agreed to join Liverpool prior to his renewal date. He was a total flop at Liverpool but left with a Champions League Winners medal

This is true, both Barca & ManU offered to match the 7M bid from Liverpool, I think Arsenal offered money plus player exchange. United offered the full amount up front and yet the club were brow beaten into taking the least beneficial of these bids, well the least beneficial to them anyways ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I get chills looking back over those years of complete mess. Hearing reports on a weekly basis that we were paying Keane, Fowler and Venables wages 3 years after they left was just ridiculous. Seth Johnson being on mega wages for a non-mega player. Erik Bakke out injured for about 2 years also on big wages. Radebe suffering a year long injury in our 1st season in the Championship. Getting in Michael bloody Rickets and Julian Joachim :eek::pac:

iseegirls wrote: »
    I get chills looking back over those years of complete mess. Hearing reports on a weekly basis that we were paying Keane, Fowler and Venables wages 3 years after they left was just ridiculous. Seth Johnson being on mega wages for a non-mega player. Erik Bakke out injured for about 2 years also on big wages. Radebe suffering a year long injury in our 1st season in the Championship. Getting in Michael bloody Rickets and Julian Joachim :eek::pac:

I have a LUFC jersey signed by every member of our Champions League squad. It's framed and on my landing. Every time I trudge upstairs after a midweek defeat to Shltclub United it breaks my heart :(

I have a LUFC jersey signed by every member of our Champions League squad. It's framed and on my landing. Every time I trudge upstairs after a midweek defeat to Shltclub United it breaks my heart :(

I have one on my living room wall signed by the 1972 FA Cup winning team (minus Billy Bremner unfortunately). Absolute legends. :)

Big challenge away to Bristol Rovers tonight.

Big challenge away to Bristol Rovers tonight.

Well it's a particularly big challenge seeing as Bristol Rovers are in Sheffield tonight to play at Bramall lane. :D

Crap, 1-0 to Bristol City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Crap, 1-0 to Bristol City

Happy with the sounds of the game. Had a good few chances and ran them very close. They won 4-0 at Fulham during the week so obv gonna be very tough at home. Jansson off injured the big news. Fingers crossed! Bridcutt to come back into this team too.

Can't win them all. To the weekend now, hopefully beat Barnsley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Advertisement

Unsurprisingly, Cellino is one of those mentioned in the latest Daily Telegraph revelations. Allegedly he was filmed offering to sell 20% of the club to the undercover reporters in order to help them circumvent the third party ownership rules. Link to the story here. If there's any substance to this then surely the FA will act to ban him permanently as an owner under the fit and proper rules?

Also mentioned in the article are Barnsely's assistant manager, former Leeds player Tommy Wright, who has been suspended by the club for accepting a £5k bung, and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who agreed to represent the fake company to talk to investors for £55k a time. Any guesses as to who'll be in tomorrow's article?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement