Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Never a dull moment round here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just watched it on SS News. Cellino making an idiot of himself, basically calling the English (FA) plonkers. I hope said FA find enough there to send him packing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I saw the video myself, I would be amazed if he is not sent packing.

I can't say I'm surprised that he's involved!

It would be wonderful if he was toppled by this.

But suspect he'll fight it. It'll go to Court. He'll say he was found to be a fit person and what he has said is not illegal, merely contravening the spirit of FA rules. It's perfectly reasonable to invite someone to invest in a club. It's a loophole in the FA regulations and he is entitled to exploit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Caesar is so bent he acts as Tax advisor to Apple...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Response from the club:

"Leeds United and Mr Cellino were contacted yesterday (Wednesday September 28) by the Daily Telegraph in relation to their investigation in football which has involved undercover reporters purporting to represent an investment and sports management company.
    The Daily Telegraph informed Leeds United and Mr Cellino that they were considering publishing an article and asked Leeds United and Mr Cellino to respond to a number of questions.

Through the Club's solicitors, a request was made to the Daily Telegraph for a full copy of any transcript involving Mr Cellino and/or any related audio and visual recordings.
    The Daily Telegraph refused to provide such information and as such the Club declined to respond further at the time.
    The Club has reviewed the supposed "evidence" that the Daily Telegraph have published tonight. At no time in this video clip has Mr Cellino suggested getting around the FA's rules on third-party ownership of players.
    In complete contrast to what has been suggested, Mr Cellino has made a perfectly proper suggestion which is entirely consistent with the FA's regulations, as the only parties entitled to take benefit from ownership of a player is the Club itself.
    If a company commits money to a Club by way of investment, taking on the potential for profit but also the risk for loss, then that is a normal, every-day corporate process.
    This is plainly not a suggestion as to how to circumvent the rules, but rather, an accurate albeit concise explanation of how to operate within the confines of the rules and effectively become "the Club".
    The Club intends to make no further comment on this non-story.

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1qfi9kjm4fbzx12htsv575s2ta/title/club-statement#sthash.ADn7kDbT.dpuf"

Doubt that the FA can go after Cellino for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Watched the clip there - seriously guys, is that all the Telegraph have? There's nothing in what MC said there. As I've said before, I'm no fan of MC but that's a pretty lame effort by the Telegraph at suggesting he's doing anything wrong. Kingp35, what is it you think he said there that would have you amazed if he's not sent packing?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bridcutt out for 6-8 weeks with a fractured foot.

****e. Any word on the injury to Jansson?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    ****e. Any word on the injury to Jansson?

Doesn't seem as bad.

t1M42O8.png

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Well it's a particularly big challenge seeing as Bristol Rovers are in Sheffield tonight to play at Bramall lane. :D

:o:o:o:D. Anyway, its another Yorkshire derby today v Barnsley. And the good news is that its 1-0 to Leeds via Kyle Bartley on 36 mins. .

Hernandez makes it 2-0

Barnsley make it 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That's more like it :-/

Antonsson on for Sacko

All over, 2-1. Good result and it looks like Jansson was outstanding again. Definitely our best signing in a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Latest TV games announced today. We're up three times in December to go with two in November. On Sky four weeks in a row from Nov 20th. None on until then though :(.

Latest TV games announced today. We're up three times in December to go with two in November. On Sky four weeks in a row from Nov 20th. None on until then though :(.

2 of the Televised games against Villa!

Might try get to the one on Dec 3rd! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Alright lets forget about Derby.

Get in Wood, lets have 3 points tonight Leeds 1-0 Wigan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

tfer wrote: »
    Alright lets forget about Derby.

Get in Wood, lets have 3 points tonight Leeds 1-0 Wigan

HOOOOOOOLD!

Goddammit:mad:

• Advertisement

Ah balls. Still, 3 points off 6th i suppose..not too grim yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Typical Leeds

Sad to hear about Gary Sprake passing, he was the 1st goalie I remember playing for Leeds. RIP

In all the years I never knew the story about Sprake and his allegations of match fixing until last night. Do anyone of our Leeds fans from the 70s here have any views on that - was there anything to his story or do you see it more from Giles' point of view?

I was only a kid at the time so didn't pass any heed on it then, he was a very good keeper that had a couple of clangers. But allegations of match fixing in the God Revie era will never die.
    Bremner was cleared of trying to bribe someone and received a nice few bob in compo. I'd like to think they won all their games fair and square, innocent until proven guilty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Roofe puts them 1 up at Wolves

delighted with the win, take it anyway we can, up to 10th and only three off the play-offs

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    In all the years I never knew the story about Sprake and his allegations of match fixing until last night. Do anyone of our Leeds fans from the 70s here have any views on that - was there anything to his story or do you see it more from Giles' point of view?

It's perhaps not a nice thing to focus on at this time, but frankly Sprake was persona non grata amongst a lot of Leeds fans from that era. The consensus was that he wasn't motivated by the need to blow the whistle on wrongdoing, but was embittered by the end if his career at Leeds, plus was paid money himself to tell his story alleging others paid money. That Leeds side was sensational, one of the all time greats, applauded off by the Kop at Anfield when they beat Liverpool to close in in their first title, the passing sequence against Southampton etc. No findings were made against Revie and the matter ends there, filed alongside rumours about Ferguson and money missing at St. Mirren and his son the agent, Redknapp and his wheeling and dealing etc.

But, you know what, the man has passed away and was quite young and at this time he deserves to be remembered for more than just that issue. It may matter to Leeds fans but in the grand scheme of things...it's only a game. So Gary Sprake RIP, and fitting that the club he will always be linked to went out and won today. I haven't heard if they had a minutes applause...but they really should at the next match at Elland Road, let all the bad stuff behind and give a hand for the keeper behind a team that stand as one of the greatest ever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just gone to penalties in the League Cup game against Norwich.

• Advertisement

What a cracking win, great heart and determination in that team

Into the quarter finals! 3-2 on penalties. Cook went off injured early in extra time so we finished with 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

That's more like it. Come on Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Into the quarter finals! 3-2 on penalties. Cook went off injured early in extra time so we finished with 10 men.

It was Coyle that went off not Cook. And it was normal time not Extra Time. Which match were you watching? :-)

Great finish. That last half hour was brilliant. Thought they were going to throw it away despite going 3-1 up on penalties...

quarryman wrote: »
    It was Coyle that went off not Cook. And it was normal time not Extra Time. Which match were you watching? :-)

Oops, I meant Coyle, it would have been a bit difficult for Cook to go off! I just saw it was the 91st minute, so I thought it was after the start of extra time. but most importantly, was it on TV? Rightly p*ssed off that I missed it if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

quarryman wrote:
    Great finish. That last half hour was brilliant. Thought they were going to throw it away despite going 3-1 up on penalties...

Up 3-1 on pens - What game were you watching ? 😀😀😀

• Advertisement

Good man Brady, knew he'd pull through eventually. Hopefully get a nice tie in the QF now.

Just saw highlights there, Grimes through ball for second goal was great, but his penalty...christ!

was it on TV? Rightly p*ssed off that I missed it if it was.

It was available to watch ;) Great heart shown in extra time to grab the equaliser. Grimes penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen and Pritchard's for Norwich wasn't far behind/ Silvestri's third save from Robbie Brady was top class. Great win which will keep the confidence going.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Took a €4 risk this morning on Ryanair's flash sale and booked flights for quarter final

Hoping Leeds now get a home tie and it's down for Tuesday 29th

Mushy wrote: »
    Just saw highlights there, Grimes through ball for second goal was great, but his penalty...christ!

He seems to get a fierce amount of abuse on waccoe, seen as a teacher's pet or something

Almost redeemed himself with that through ball :pac:

• Advertisement

Away to Liverpool in the quarter finals

Hoping Leeds now get a home tie and it's down for Tuesday 29th

Very likely Tuesday given that both of us are playing the previous Saturday at 15:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's mornings like these that I really hate Ticketmaster

A late, late show at E.R. today. Peno on 85 mins by Wood. And Doukara seals it on 96 mins.

Doukara made it 2 in injury time. Lovely win!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

1 point behind 6th place with (hopefully) Norwich and Huddersfield in free fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

My Dad text me with the jinxed words........ "we're on a good run"
    *Face Palm* He had to go and say it!

Was delighted with the win though :D

3 games ago, we were 9 points behind 3rd place, now we're only 5 points behind

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Already 29K tickets sold for the NUFC game on 20th November - they are recounting it will be a sell out.

Great to see big games back in ER!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement