Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Newcastle game sold out then. Hopefully we can get past Norwich this weekend and that'll really make things interesting..

Exciting times for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

1-1 after being 1 down 70 mins gone. There seems to be some spirit and backbone in the current set up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wood makes it 2-1. That'll be a serious result if we can hold on.

And unfortunately we couldn't hold on. Our stay in the playoff places didn't last too long.

Sacko makes it 3-2!!!!!!!

Correction, Viera scored.

All over, up to 6th. First time in the top 6 for over two years.

That match has made me v happy. Roll on Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats a great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

1st time I've left Gillette Soccer Saturday on to look at the league tables in over a year :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Fantastic result, so unlike Leeds to show so much fighting spirit. Not been this excited about football in a long time, really looking forward to the Newcastle game now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

I don't want to go all crazily optimistic...but think Leeds may not be relegated this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Funny what happens when Caesar steps away from direct meddling in the football side of things. Also actually giving a Coach/manager time to get the message/style across. Long may he stay the hell out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Is this what optimism feels like? :D

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Is this what optimism feels like? :D

Disconcerting, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

With the next 4 league matches against Newcastle, Rotherham, Villa and Brighton, we'll see what we're really made of. 7 points from these 12 would be pretty good going, but if we see ourselves as fighting for top 6, then I think that 7 is the minimum return we need from the 4 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Tickets sorted for the Villa game.

Anyone else heading over?

What are we feeling for tomorrow? Could those brilliant bastards secure a win with the stadium jammed?

Really pumped for this one. Can't wait to see a full Elland Road.

It feels like a cup final day, I keep looking at the time...can't wait

• Advertisement

Don't forget, tribute to Gary Speed on the 11th minute.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Newcastle look a class above so far

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Newcastle look a class above so far

I was going to say that there's not that much between them. They have the better keeper though :(

A set piece looks our only way back - Wood is too isolated up front

DoctaDee wrote: »
    A set piece looks our only way back - Wood is too isolated up front

Good thing that when we get one corner we tend to get three :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well that's that.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Well that's that.

Aye right kick in the nutz that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Newcastle just a class apart here

Yeah it is what it is .. a team of multi million euro players - they maybe the benchmark but realistically no one can compete with that

Yeah it is what it is .. a team of multi million euro players - they maybe the benchmark but realistically no one can compete with that

Gotta love those parachute payments.

I still don't see how they're a class apart though. Yes they're better than us but I think the scoreboard flatters them tbh

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Gotta love those parachute payments.

I still don't see how they're a class apart though. Yes they're better than us but I think the scoreboard flatters them tbh

Ah yeah .. from our perspective it's an encouraging display (while missing that little bit of class) .. parachute payments and 50K attendances offers a whole different level of operation in the Championship

Well that didn't go as I'd hoped, Newcastle fully deserved it though.
    I'll settle for 2nd in the league

Ah yeah .. from our perspective it's an encouraging display (while missing that little bit of class) .. parachute payments and 50K attendances offers a whole different level of operation in the Championship

Yeah we were woeful up front. Any time we went up the wings they did a good job of boxing us off. Woods was starved of any kind service, it was like a disconnect between midfield and forwards.

I have a real issue with the amount clubs get in their parachute payments. I know they still have to win games to get promoted but when you can afford to keep a number of your premiership players then it creates a competitive advantage other clubs can't compete with.

I still think we make the playoffs though

Should have had a peno, but Newcastle much better up front and that's what decided a fairly close game.

What a howler from Green. Changed the game completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

quarryman wrote: »
    What a howler from Green. Changed the game completely.

Pure howler, but Newcastle deserved the goal. Over the 90 mins they were the better team. In greens defence in many other games he made terrific saves that got us points.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Every time I saw the replay of the first goal, I thought, he's gonna catch it this time.....he can't be so stupid as to just push it out.
    Catch it, punch it, tip it over the bar, but no, he still drops it on Gayle's foot.
    We were giving as good as we got up till then, and I think it just knocked us sideways.

eo7qSuZ.png

Meh at least he knew himself..we're still in a good spot.

All is not lost..some lessons learned!

Ultimately, there's nothing wrong with losing to those above us so long as we beat all below and around us.

They took their goals well but didn't have a huge amount of other chances. You no longer feel that we'll concede after ever corner given away.

We'll really need a win now though against Villa, after a win against Rotherham

• Advertisement

Nasty foul by Odemwengie, just went straight in with elbow, not even looking at the ball. Deserves a lengthy ban, good that the ref spotted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Going well so far Rotherham largely toothless.

In fairness, we've been fairly toothless ourselves in the second half. We should be at least another goal or two up against this calibre of opposition playing with ten men.

Zaph wrote: »
    In fairness, we've been fairly toothless ourselves in the second half. We should be at least another goal or two up against this calibre of opposition playing with ten men.

Ah, we've been that way for the past few seasaons. Holy cow, how did that stay out???

Phew !!!! Those were 3 hard-earned points.

• Advertisement

5th lads..

Christ almighty, Leeds in 5th and it's nearly December.

What is this madness!

Shlippery wrote: »

The way they treated his partner Lucy Ward was a disgrace, Cellino really has dragged this club into the gutter. Even if things are going well on the pitch at the moment, that is entirely due to Monk and no credit whatsoever should go to the owner. If anything it makes Monks achievements even better because no other club in the top half of the table must have a manager who has to juggle getting a team performing with the eccentricities of an insane and dangerous chairman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I watched it on Sky Sports. They came within an inch of blowing two points with seconds to go.
    Our defence is still very very shaky.

I'm more concerned by the fact that in the second half we failed to threaten the goal of a team rooted to the bottom of the table and playing with ten men at all. The game should have been so far out of Rotherham's reach at that stage that we could live with the defence being a bit shaky. At least Jansson is back for the Villa game next week.

Nasty foul by Odemwengie, just went straight in with elbow, not even looking at the ball. Deserves a lengthy ban, good that the ref spotted it.

He should consider changing career to the UFC

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement