Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Zaph wrote: »
    although oddly on the Villa thread they seem to think that they're the better team. :confused:

Doing my best in that thread. Boggles my mind that some of them could think Villa were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Get in Blackburn!

Didn't hold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Great weekend for damage limitation with all the other draws across the other games. Ok, it would have been great to get two points further along but thankfully we're still in there. Dare to dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The two teams below Leeds got injury time equalisers, harsh to take. Rotherham on Monday, need to put in a Preston style performance and get a comfortable win.

Great position to be in, Happy New Year folks!

Kyle Bartley opens the scoring just after half time.

This time last year we'd be adding "with an own goal" to the above sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Clear daylight between us and 7th now.:)

Reading get two late goals :mad:

Newcastle had 30 goal attempts (5 on goal) :P

joeysoap wrote:
    Reading get two late goals

And Hudders too. We just cannot afford to drop points anywhere. Derby next up after Cambridge and we're well capable of taking the 3 points against them. We should have a fully fit squad for that game too - which would be a first since the start of the year

MOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

hey all

goning to be in london in April, when we are playing Brentford.

so naturally looking for tickets, can anyone help me out with advice and information with getting tickets, i'd even sit with the home fans and be very quiet

hey all

goning to be in london in April, when we are playing Brentford.

so naturally looking for tickets, can anyone help me out with advice and information with getting tickets, i'd even sit with the home fans and be very quiet

I'd say you wouldn't have to be too worried about keeping quiet at Brentford...as long as you weren't waving scarves and actually goading the home fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And the hope is he takes over 100% this time next year. Hopefull his 50% will be used to get the players to compete in the EPL next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

They're really pulling out the stops to avoid that season ticket refund this year!

Lets keep the good news rolling, if Jannson gets the contract after his 22 games, it'll be another good boost!

I'd say you wouldn't have to be too worried about keeping quiet at Brentford...as long as you weren't waving scarves and actually goading the home fans.

Any idea if tickets will be difficult to come by, with Leeds in town?

Any idea if tickets will be difficult to come by, with Leeds in town?

Not sure, but saw that Leeds sold all 5,300 for the trip to Barnsley in half an hour so clearly there is a much bigger demand this season. Last year apparently Griffin Park was 2k short of capacity when Leeds played there, but could be very different now and a lot of London based whites will look to go.

Not sure, but saw that Leeds sold all 5,300 for the trip to Barnsley in half an hour so clearly there is a much bigger demand this season. Last year apparently Griffin Park was 2k short of capacity when Leeds played there, but could be very different now and a lot of London based whites will look to go.

When they go on sale would I have any trouble getting them online?

• Advertisement

I'd say be ready if they make it to general sale.

Re: the 50% stake, good signs, hope it works out.

Not a chance if you're not a season ticket holder i reckon - and a qualifying holder at that, and even more so if we're in the hunt for playoff's or automatic.

In fact, if they did a half season ticket right now, they'd sell thousands i reckon

Could try get Gold/Silver/International membership, it'd put you slightly ahead in pecking order before they go on General Sale.

Not a huge expense, and comes with a few perks.

I'm not that enthused. Okay, it's always nice to have an injection of sanity, because Cellino is barking mad, but so far this could be just some poorer sidekick of Cellino. Who or what is this Aser Group Holding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'm not that enthused. Okay, it's always nice to have an injection of sanity, because Cellino is barking mad, but so far this could be just some poorer sidekick of Cellino. Who or what is this Aser Group Holding?

Yeah I'm a bit underwhelmed myself with the above misgivings too

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Not a chance if you're not a season ticket holder i reckon - and a qualifying holder at that, and even more so if we're in the hunt for playoff's or automatic.

In fact, if they did a half season ticket right now, they'd sell thousands i reckon

Sorry I meant for the home end? I have no problem being with Brentford fans

Aser Group is just Andrea Radrizzani's investment company I believe

Bit more background info on the man himself here
    http://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2016/11/21/13687954/leeds-united-andrea-radrizzani-maybe-but-who-is-he

Aser Group is just Andrea Radrizzani's investment company I believe

Bit more background info on the man himself here
    http://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2016/11/21/13687954/leeds-united-andrea-radrizzani-maybe-but-who-is-he

They got a lot of words without addressing big issue when anyone takes over a club...how much have they in their wallet? The company he co owns is allegedly worth $350mill. Even if he owns a third of it...that's not a huge. Now that's not the be all and end all, Delia Smith is worth a lot less, but the owners of QPR, Wolves, Forest, Bristol City, Newcastle, Derby, Fulham, Cardiff etc. wouldn't even blow their nose with that kind of money.

Sorry I meant for the home end? I have no problem being with Brentford fans

Well if you can find a Brentford "mate" who'll buy a ticket for you i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

They got a lot of words without addressing big issue when anyone takes over a club...how much have they in their wallet? The company he co owns is allegedly worth $350mill. Even if he owns a third of it...that's not a huge. Now that's not the be all and end all, Delia Smith is worth a lot less, but the owners of QPR, Wolves, Forest, Bristol City, Newcastle, Derby, Fulham, Cardiff etc. wouldn't even blow their nose with that kind of money.

Exactly that Conor. Whose money is backing this? From that link we can see he is a founding partner of MP & Silva but they don't seem to be linked to this deal. He is president of Boafeng Sports International but they don't seem to be linked to this deal. So where exactly is the money coming from and what are his(their?) intentions for the future - is it to buy the remaining 50%? I think the article summed things up well though in the below.
    We all have a mixture of pessimism and intrigue regarding Andrea Radrizzani and the takeover, as well we should. The pessimism stems from who and what has come before, but there’s intrigue for exactly the same reasons. We need to keep both these burning emotions in check, as none us of know what will happen.

The future of Leeds United is unwritten and it’s hard to say today if Radrizzani will be our knight in shining armour, but the club has had so much turmoil in the past decade that we’re really prepared for whatever is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Luke Murphy gone to Burton Albion on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Exactly that Conor. Whose money is backing this? From that link we can see he is a founding partner of MP & Silva but they don't seem to be linked to this deal. He is president of Boafeng Sports International but they don't seem to be linked to this deal. So where exactly is the money coming from and what are his(their?) intentions for the future - is it to buy the remaining 50%? I think the article summed things up well though in the below.

Yeah words are cheap - we're not that long past the GFH Capital fiasco, privaty equity investors .. eh that didn't invest .. only @ Leeds :o

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

At east it's kept Caesar from meddling in on field activities. Surprise surprise a coach left long enough with a reasonable squad and hey ho were in with half a fighting chance. Still the quicker he departs the better in my book. Still a egotistical maniac

The constant problem with a new owner is as to whether they will actually spend money and more importantly, are they actually prepared to speculate to accumulate, or lose money on their investment ?

We could land Bernie Ecclestone but he mifht not see the value in pumping in millions. On the other extreme, you could have someone who'll throw caution to the wind.

And of course, rarely any of these new owners risk their own money - they loan the money to the club.

I'm sure that Cellino will need to be repaid a fair amount of personal loans that he made to balance the books ?

Change Cambridge match to a Monday after Derby match was switched to the Friday. Would sacrifice Monday tbh.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote:
    Change Cambridge match to a Monday after Derby match was switched to the Friday. Would sacrifice Monday tbh.

I think our 2nd 11 will have enough to get past Cambridge

Mushy wrote:

I think our 2nd 11 will have enough to get past Cambridge

While I'd like to think so, I'd like to have given the cup a bit of attention. With the way it's fallen, Derby is much more important!

Mushy wrote:
    While I'd like to think so, I'd like to have given the cup a bit of attention. With the way it's fallen, Derby is much more important!

Our only problem will be our striker. I can see Wood on the bench in case. Wonder if Stokes will get in the 18 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Our only problem will be our striker. I can see Wood on the bench in case. Wonder if Stokes will get in the 18 ?

Malik Wilks travelled with the squad. Daily Mirror has our "probable" team in thier preview as exactly the same team as the last Championship game. Very lazy reporting as I'd expect at least 6 changes including Antonsson up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

"Pablo Hernandez" signs permanent till end of season with the option for a further 12 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

And JaNson Boooked christ !

Bad start tonight. Very much second fiddle. 2 yellow cards so far and just gone a goal down. 27 mins gone.

On the upside, if we lose will the Forest game go ahead as normal on the 28th? :P

Had flights booked before realising it was dependent on cup...and the FA Cup draw wasn't kind to me!

Varadi's just got another yellow. Cambridge bossing the game. Denton a lucky man.

• Advertisement

Somehow not more yellows.

Somehow this pitch is acceptable.

Mushy wrote: »

Well the BT minions said the pitch was perfect, before the game, only to have Ian Darke announce at the beginning of his commentary that it had been raining all day in Cambridge.

All that should'nt mean that Leeds are playing as if they were in a local league:mad:

Get in !!!!! Dallas on 56 mins.

Well the BT minions said the pitch was perfect, before the game, only to have Ian Darke announce at the beginning of his commentary that it had been raining all day in Cambridge.

All that should'nt mean that Leeds are playing as if they were in a local league:mad:

Ah BT commentators are as thick as a plank.

Nice header Dallas

Ah BT commentators are as thick as a plank.

Nice header Dallas

Only one plank ?? My opinion of them is somewhat stonger.

Goal Mowatt !!!

Bit of a steal by Mowatt, but could've been blocked too.

Happy days, even though I'm not overly fussed due to Fridays game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not as comfortable as I would have liked, Cambridge certainly didn't make it easy for us, but I'll take it.

Nice to get through there, hard game. Would think Derry would take it easy on them.

Happy with the win, not happy that Pontus misses the next two matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Happy with the win, not happy that Pontus misses the next two matches

Will that prevent invoking the 22 game clause before the end of the transfer window?

No. If he had been booked at Derby and not played tonight, he'd have been back for Blackburn on 31st

Can't understand as to why he was chosen to start over Barkley, given his precarious situation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement