Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Hernández has signed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Great result for us last night in the Reading game.

Fingers crossed for tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Huddersfield game be worth keeping an eye on too.

A win tonight would be massive! Keep Derby out of the top 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really looking forward to tonight. After so many years stuck in mid table mediocrity, finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. A win tonight will be huge for us, getting further into the depths of play-offs, and hope Newcastle or Brighton slip up more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A win would really cement the spot in the playoffs, considering how crazy it is it'd be nice to have a cushion. Would also put some pressure on those above the team.

That result last night was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Jesus its total head melt these days. Playing good football, right end of the table, decent manager, new (seemingly) mentally stable owner in the pipline. A shot at promotion a real prospect. Loads of live coverage on TV.

What is that warm happy sensation I'm getting these days when I watch us play and win?

Is that confidence I'm feeling?

No, Leeds & confidence don't go together in my head. Maybe just less pessimism would sum it up better.

Yay! I'm less pessimistic about our prospects, for the first time in about a decade.

Win tonight will be huge. Beers are in the fridge, hopefully I'll be toasting that win later on.

Fa cup on tv in next round. That's almost every game this month, and first one next month, on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Can't wait for tonight's game. Main concern is CB if Ayling has to cover there. He's been great at RB so moving him and having Coyle cover really changes things. Bartley is a beast tho and may carry us through on his own.

Am a Leinster fan too so it's a night for turning off the phone and blocking the sitting room door!!

tumblr_m15qmys6xn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Should be one up here, but can't complain too much

Hernandez is a joy to watch

WOOD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Leeds get Wood and score..... (I should be a headline writer :) )

It's like Lee Chapman again. It might not always be beautiful - that was one of his better ones - but you get the feeling he'll stick his head, arse or knee,onto anything to divert it goalwards,,,and it's effective.

That half was a joy to watch, some sublime football, but enough to make sure they need to be on top at all times.

My favourite bit is that it can never be said Derby are playing poorly, Leeds are just brilliant!

Wheeeeeeew...

Booked for throwing ball in air (rightly), but nothing for getting elbowed in the face. Poor form!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Hernandez is so far above this level , and I love it :)

Beautiful to watch this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Great result. Green needs to sort himself.

I never thought a 1-0 would be so comfortable. 7/8 players were outstanding, Viera looked bit inexperienced at times although a good second half. Doukara a dodgy start but grew in so could make it 10 quality performances. Green giving the heart attack.

The quality tonight was something rarely seen, keep that up and hopefully it won't be the playoffs route.

• Advertisement

What a performance....a real statement of intent

I usually hate watching, but that first half was so very very enjoyable

And let's not forget that was a makeshift defence

Green did well in first half against Ince, but agree he causes unnecessary nervousness at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

That little swagger has returned - majority of the players are now operating at a really high level and Hernandez has the head and experience to push them to greater things. Very few holes to pick in that performance - I would be a fan of Silvestri as No.1 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

SO happy with that performance. Although I would have liked to have been ahead by a few more goals - Bartley's miss was a horror, but all is forgiven with another clean sheet.

All the players played great - closing down at every opportunity, and some quality passing. Hernandez looks to be steal.

Mushy wrote: »

One every 6 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

quarryman wrote: »
    One every 6 mins :)

Every 11 seconds :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    Every 11 seconds :rolleyes:

Ha. Stupid (drunk) Maths :)

Instead I present:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rafachristie909/status/820004327771275264/video/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Brilliant performance last night. How many points are we above the relegation places now?

Sorry bad habit ;)

Brilliant performance last night. How many points are we above the relegation places now?

Sorry bad habit ;)

I had a feeling weeks ago that we may not be relegated this season. It's been 6 years since I had that feeling at Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

With the tough matches today, we came through the weekend nicely

Sorry bad habit ;)

There's a handy championship milestones thread over on waccoe....apparently we're one point off the average number of points needed to stay up (based on 04/05 - 15/16 seasons)

Another nice stat - we've won five consecutive games at home without conceding for the first time since under Revie in 1970!

• Advertisement

No team is as undeserving of the support it gets as Leeds United. None. For decades tens of thousands packing in home games, thousands going to away games and filling tinpot grounds in lower leagues around England with record attendances etc.

This could be the first Leeds team in years that lives up to the support it gets. This team is good. The manager is exactly what you want from a manager, calm, unruffled. This team is exactly what you want a Leeds team to be, hard in the tackle, tireless runners...but able to play football. They are not on the same pedestal as Revie's side or Wilkinson's promotion team yet...but they're working hard...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Away to Sutton in the next round of the FA Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mike Dean reffing our next league game it seems

Mike Dean reffing our next league game it seems

Yeah, not overly happy about that.

Just read that Sutton United's pitch is plastic. It'll be interesting to see how we perform on that. Also read that their record attendance is from 1970 when we last played them in the Cup and won 6-0. A repeat of that would be very welcome.

Linked with a move for Fabian Delph today

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/755634/Leeds-United-Transfer-News-Fabian-Delph-manchester-City-Garry-Monk-Championship-Guardiola

No mention if it would be on loan or permanent, would expect a few premiership teams to be interested too.

While we seem very well off for midfield options and Bridcutt and Vieira were immense against Derby, this would be a quality signing if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Linked with a move for Fabian Delph today

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/755634/Leeds-United-Transfer-News-Fabian-Delph-manchester-City-Garry-Monk-Championship-Guardiola

No mention if it would be on loan or permanent, would expect a few premiership teams to be interested too.

While we seem very well off for midfield options and Bridcutt and Vieira were immense against Derby, this would be a quality signing if it happens

Wouldn't like Delph back personally, not on loan anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Can't see it happening. Delph would be on huge money and we'd need City to page his wages.

Tbh, having seen the midfield in action a few times recently, not sure what Delph would bring to it. It's industrious and effective and plays a high tempo style, and they seem to be able to change it and slot in different faces who are all comfortable with Monk's system. The team that destroyed Derby had O'Kane, Mowatt and Phillips on the bench...and you wouldn't have noticed it with Vieira and Bridcutt. I'm not sure I would disturb much about that.

The only concern I would have is the lack of an obvious goalscorer if anything happened to Wood.

Recent performances aside, both Vieira and Phillips are young and learning, while O'Kane has had injuries lately.

While I wouldn't want anyone to come in and disrupt the squad too much, Delph obviously knows his way around and would be able to adapt to whatever system. He could be that step up in quality in terms of a bid for automatic promotion

Is there anything to be said for Kewell and McPhail coming back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Is there anything to be said for Kewell and McPhail coming back?
    And Robbie??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

And Rio?

I'd have Jermaine Beckford back. He might not be the goal scoring machine he was at ER, but he got the goal that clinched promotion and the goal at Old Trafford, he should get a standing ovation every time. But he's tied up at Preston and playing well for Grayson and good luck to both of them.

Robbie Keane? :P

(probably end up at Preston actually)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

The only players that i can see coming in are those who will just be to provide cover. So they will be players who know well that they are only coming in as bench warmers.

However, a decent and proven striker could jump ahead of Antonson in the pecking order and potentially see 20 mins per game - which would suit the likes of Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I very much doubt Robbie will be happy to be a 20 minute sub whereever he goes - and even if he was, he would be one expensive sub! Robbie will go somewhere that treats him as the star player I think - Preston is looking like a possibility.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3042111/tianjin-quanjian-turn-to-chris-wood-after-diego-costa-failure-sources

????????? China move for Wood? Bullsh1t I'm sure but hope if doesn't unsettle him like it has others.

Nice article about our troubled 12 years and how it's going this year, linked on football365: http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/12-years-slave-leeds-finally-stopped-leeds/

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3042111/tianjin-quanjian-turn-to-chris-wood-after-diego-costa-failure-sources

????????? China move for Wood? Bullsh1t I'm sure but hope if doesn't unsettle him like it has others.

Surely the same restrictions that scuppered Costa's move would do the same for Wood? Under the old player limits they were allowed 4+1, with the +1 being a foreigner from another AFC country, but that wouldn't even apply in Woods' case as New Zealand are an OFC nation. If he was Australian he could have gotten in under the old rule seeing as they moved from the OFC to the AFC a few years ago.

• Advertisement

Nice article about our troubled 12 years and how it's going this year, linked on football365: http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/12-years-slave-leeds-finally-stopped-leeds/

Good read, though brought back awful memories of that crushing playoff final

Haven't heard 'doing a Leeds' for a while now, hopefully can be put to rest for good very very soon and replaced by 'doing a Portsmouth'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement