Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Bigger things to worry about, but that was still woeful

Was Monk trying to send a message before the transfer window closes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bigger things to worry about, but that was still woeful

Was Monk trying to send a message before the transfer window closes?

I doubt it. 3 points on Wednesday is much more beneficial. May not have helped having the game midweek just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

2nd string team. Playing against a minnow with nothing to lose. On an astroturf pitch. Game decided by a peno.

I'm not too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Monks comments on transfers are hardly inspiring :( .....hopefully get a couple in the door by Tuesday night , if wood gets injured were fooked

Shameful result. Monk is entitled to a pass on one or two screw ups because he's been outstanding otherwise. But it's a dark day for the club, not a Colchester level shock but awful stuff. I'm always think you should fight hard to stay in every competition, and the FA Cup gave us the highlight of the past decade with that win at Old Trafford. And think a good home draw could have seen us maintain momentum - even a Premier team would be worried about travelling to ER.

Alan Pardew was in the crowd, I can't see Sutton affording him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I only saw the highlights on MOD tonight. We were lucky to get nothing. It had nothing to do with the pitch. There appears to be a massive difference in the first choice 11 and what we had today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Insipid performance, gutless, clueless, lame. Did we even have a shot on target? Once I saw the teamsheet it was clear Monk was following the approach of Brighton and Newcastle and he has done enough to earn our trust in that decision but it was still massively disappointing that our second 11 were so far off the pace. Cooper can leave, I've enough of his mistakes. Grimes was hopeless and Antonnson was anonymous. I was very disappointed in the two fullbacks as I expected more from them. I felt sorry for the two debutants - what a way to start your career!
    A win on Wednesday night is an absolute must after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Couldn't care less about the cup. Priority is to keep going in the league, a wise move from Monk to rest key players.

That said, it did demonstrate the gulf in quality between the first team and the support/bench players. Some key signings required and we 100% need another proven goal scorer for obvious reasons but also as contingency for Wood, if he gets injured we're in trouble, he's the only player scoring goals consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Antonsson, Douks or Roofe would fit in but very different styles and not really who you'd want if pushing for promotion beating non-league opposition.

Scratch thoughts of Antonsson or Doukara covering for Wood if stuck. Need something to happen before tomorrow night. Linked with a new winger today and Phil Hay wouldn't usually give it a full artcile unless there's a lot of truth to it.
    Leeds United are on the verge of signing Villarreal winger Alfonso Pedraza on loan, according to reports in Spain.

The 20-year-old is expected to fly to England ahead of tomorrow’s transfer deadline after Villarreal cut short his loan deal with Spanish second division club Lugo.

Pedraza, a Spain Under-21 international, has been with Lugo since July but Villarreal are believed to have paid around £300,000 to buy him out of that contract and send him to Elland Road.

Sources at Leeds have told the YEP that Pedraza is one of the players on head coach Garry Monk’s list of targets. Spanish newspaper AS said the winger would move to United with a view to joining the club in an £8.5m transfer if Monk’s side secure promotion to the Premier League.

Hang on, £8.5m for a guy who is on loan at a Spanish second division club? Surely some mistake there?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

He's a Spanish U21 international who's parent club are in La Liga and it's only the fee if Leeds get promoted to the megabucks PL. All of those factors are going to have a major bearing on the price.

Wow, that is some statement of intent if true guys - that would make him our most expensive signing since Robbie Fowler! It would almost triple our next most expensive signing since we were relegated from the PL - quite the statement!

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Wow, that is some statement of intent if true guys - that would make him our most expensive signing since Robbie Fowler! It would almost triple our next most expensive signing since we were relegated from the PL - quite the statement!

could be sh1te all the same......:o

yes that was kind of what I was hinting at! :D Of course, if we get him, go up in the summer, and hand over £8.5m for him in the process, I'll be happy to eat my hat! :P

• Advertisement

Sounds like it's happening, with a medical this evening if he can sort out a flight. Guillem Balague on sky sports website/twitter thinks he's a decent signing:
    GUILLEM SAYS: I hear he is going on loan. He was on loan at Lugo from Villarreal, who paid 300,000 euros to bring him back and then send him on loan to Leeds.

He is fast, very good with his positioning and works hard without the ball. He is one of those players who loves one-on-ones, which you don't see too often. He is quick, has ability and it is a clever signing for Leeds. If he adapts to life and football in the Championship he could be a very good addition.

Crystal Palace are now battling with West Ham to sign Scott Hogan which could be very bad news for our chances of getting Ashley Fletcher.

Slaven Bilic has confirmed that Ashley Fletcher won't be leaving the club to go on loan. That screws us a bit as there doesn't seem to be a plan B in place for a back up to Wood. I know Pedraza gets goals, but he's a winger, not an out-an-out striker. Other than signing Hernandez it's a pretty poor transfer window for us by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

<- Mowatt
    Padraza ->
    Hernandez ->

--

No sign of Jannson yet..
    Phil Hay - Lot of questions about Jansson. Leeds' option on him runs to end of June. Everything agreed - but expecting him to officially sign in summer

lots of talk on Padraza..... Segunda to championship is some difference, i hope im eating humble pie but im really not too excited about this lad, even Adryan had a highlights video on youtube!!!

Apparently we'v enquired about Barrow from Swansea, good player , would be a welcome addition, we desperately need a striker though.

Phil Hay tweeted a few minutes ago that he doesn't think that Barrow is a runner just yet, all the focus is on getting the Pedraza deal done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

lots of talk on Padraza..... Segunda to championship is some difference, i hope im eating humble pie but im really not too excited about this lad, even Adryan had a highlights video on youtube!!!

Apparently we'v enquired about Barrow from Swansea, good player , would be a welcome addition, we desperately need a striker though.

Padraza currently having a medical at Leeds. The case with Barrow seems to be that if he doesn't go to Magpies, Monks will go after him.

Spanish lad can play up front so if we got Barrow we'd prob have both spots covered. Pity we didn't have a decent back-up plan to Fletcher and waited so long for it to happen. Both with bags of pace from look of it so definitely welcome that at least.

With Jansson I think we're under no pressure to finalise deal and have it legally covered until some date in the summer. Therefore MC can wait and if we don't get promotion Radz's option to take 100% of Leeds kicks in and it'd be up to him to fund buying Jansson. Could be wrong and would like it sorted sooner given our past problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MC looking to buy into Brescia by all accounts - hopefully it's the beginning of the end ..

MC looking to buy into Brescia by all accounts - hopefully it's the beginning of the end ..

Pedraza confirmed, loan with option to buy. Not available for Blackburn

Now...cover for Wood and center back please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Pedraza confirmed, loan with option to buy. Not available for Blackburn

Now...cover for Wood and center back please

Yorkshire Post saying the fee for Pedraza is £8.5m if we want to make it permanent. Is he any good?

Leeds united Snapchat saying another signing imminent .....

Barrow confirmed !!

Red card for Alex Mowatt on his Barnsley debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Barrow in from Swansea on loan, lighting quick!!

Keeping wood, Pontus and Bartley fit is crucial to our season

Taylor still here too

• Advertisement

Not sure what Barrow is like, not the most impressive of stats but hopefully he's closer to Bartley and Hernandez than Grimes in terms of players Monk worked with before. Pedraza looks like a good deal and a smart option to buy - if we don't get promoted I see no way we would pay £8.5m for him but if we do get promoted it's good business obviously! :D
    As an aside, does anyone else think some of the money being spent by championship clubs is crazy? I know for example Villa have their parachute payment to spend but £40million on 3 strikers since going down is madness, especially when they have a very poor chance of making the playoffs this season.

I know it was a fair outlay, but looking at Wednesday picking up Rhodes for £10m nearly guaranteeing 20 goals a season was serious business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I know it was a fair outlay, but looking at Wednesday picking up Rhodes for £10m nearly guaranteeing 20 goals a season was serious business

But it makes our decision to buy Wood at 3million look even better.
    Even though there was times last year that it looked like a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

iseegirls wrote: »
    But it makes our decision to buy Wood at 3million look even better.
    Even though there was times last year that it looked like a waste of money.

The "Monk" affect!

That's the signing I want to see next, would be massive to tie him down as he will be a wanted man come the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

get in there you beauty, Dallas makes it 0-1, crowd sounds fantastic as always

1-1 now, ****e

:mad: 1-1

:D:D:D:D:D:D

YES

• Advertisement

i heart pontus

park the bus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Get in !!!! A Ponntuus bullet header.

Class....I never once thought to check this before, but someone periscoped the game from the away end

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yoKMqoRwZeKQ

Goals around the 13 and 27 minute mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Great result...

Folks anyone flown in or out of Doncaster when heading over to leeds? is it handy enough to get from Doncaster city centre to the airport if i made my way from Leeds by train/bus?

Folks anyone flown in or out of Doncaster when heading over to leeds? is it handy enough to get from Doncaster city centre to the airport if i made my way from Leeds by train/bus?

One of the lads in work did that trip last year, nearly sure he got a bus from train station in Doncaster to airport, I'll ask him for details

• Advertisement

Looking like a good result for us in terms of league standings tonight with Huddersfield beating Brighton 3-1 and nearly over. Puts a gap between them and Derby/Wednesday and keeps top two close enough to the 3 chasers. One could crumble, you never know. Not good to have Huddersfield in such form before Sunday but we've got Pontus and Wood!

Pontus permanent deal done!!!!!! Contract signed to summer 2020. On lufc website. Happy days!

Popular defender to remain at Elland Road.
    Leeds United are thrilled to confirm that centre-back Pontus Jansson will join the club on a permanent deal when his loan expires this summer.

The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year contract, tying him at Elland Road until at least the end of the 2019/20 season.

Jansson began his career with Swedish outfit Malmö FF, where he made 89 outings before joining Italian Serie A side Torino in 2014.

He has been capped at international level for Sweden's Under-17s, Under-19s and Under-21s, along with appearing ten times for the senior side.

Initially joining United on loan back in August, the defender has gone on to become a crowd favourite, with his fierce challenges and passion shown on the pitch.

He made his debut in the 1-0 EFL Cup victory over Luton Town and scored his first goal in the 3-2 win over Norwich City at Carrow Road in November.

In total Jansson has made 23 appearances for the Whites, scoring three goals, with his latest- a winner in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over Blackburn Rovers.

The defender has played an instrumental role in helping Leeds to our current spot of fourth place in the Sky Bet Championship.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/21571/pontus

Hurrah!

Lufc twitter also taking the mick about that transfer deadline debacle a few years ago :)

Lufc twitter also taking the mick about that transfer deadline debacle a few years ago :)

C3sGLV4VYAQFEIl.jpg:large

Awful flashbacks :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement