Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

as Warnock says , Good riddance to him , im 100% backing the new manager here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Brilliant. Andros Townsend has decided to end his load deal.

He seemed happy enough until Warnock took over. Wonder what happened there?

Apparently, and I stress the apparently, Birmingham turned his head as revenge for us hijacking a deal for Danny Webber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I just hope saturday isnt embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Looks like we'll be looking for another new manager at the end of next season
    Warnock: I'll retire after next season - this job will not kill me

Neil Warnock claims he will retire at the end of next season because: “I don’t want to die on the job.”

Warnock has just signed a 15-month deal with Leeds and claims seeing Notingham Forest owner Nigel Doughty die at 53 has convinced him that this will be his last post.

He was shaken by Doughty’s sudden death, having received a voice message from him on that fateful day, and plans to quit in May 2013 to spend his retirement with his family.

Warnock, 63, said: “I read about people dying every week. Take a 53-year-old like Nigel Doughty. I spoke to Nigel on the day that he died and that shook me. I left a voice message and got one back from him.

“Football is a great sport and gives us a great living, but I do think there are more important things, if I’m honest. When something like that happens, you just have to stand back. I don’t want to die on the job.

“I want to go and see my lad play in the academy and take him fishing down in Looe. There are other things to do.”

Warnock claims he will still go, even if he won promotion with Leeds next season.

“I always said I wanted one more big challenge, but I don’t see it going on beyond the prime aim of promotion,” he said. “I would not want to go into the Premier League with Leeds or anyone else, to be honest.

“My wife doesn’t want to see me have a heart attack and have to look after me, without any quality time in between me packing up football and popping my clogs. It’s about finding a happy medium.”

Warnock is still hurt by his sacking at QPR last month and is adamant they would have survived comfortably if he had remained in charge.

“When you’ve done the job I did at QPR over the last 22 months, it does rip your guts out when you leave,” he said.

“It was by far the best job I had done in my life in the space of time I had. I believed, and still do, that we’d have been halfway up the table by the end of the season.”

Daily Mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Seems straightforward to me: He needs to get Leeds promoted before he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Townsend, the little f*cker, did leave Leeds for Birmingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Apparently Matt Mills has had a falling out with Nigel Pearson and could be set for a loan move to us. He cost Leicester £5 million during the summer.

Also Danny Webber linked with a move.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Leeds-set-sign-Matt-Mills-Leicester-defender-on-loan-and-Danny-Webber-free-agent-striker-article869983.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

seems like defeat in the prospects of promotion this season have been accepted by everyone at the club.
    I know it's highly unlikely and 99% of the fans know its not a possibility but you'd still like to hear the new manager and people at the club saying that they could do it, especially when only 5 points off the playoffs

I suppose when there is infighting between players and staff, (O'Brien and Grayson), the captain is sold, the manager is sacked and loan players jump ship, the atmosphere can't be great.

Wonder will Warnock be allowed to sign any loan players or does bates just want to relax in Monaco and not worry about what happens in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Big day for us lads. Really need to win this to keep up with the pack and remain optimistic as hard as it may seem!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Snoddy in as new Captain - delighted for him! Hopefully he might even sign a new contract now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

ronan.h wrote: »
    Snoddy in as new Captain - delighted for him! Hopefully he might even sign a new contract now...

Thats crazy talk, you know we dont like our good players signing new contracts :pac:

89 mins lads. We're due a goal any second now...

Shlippery wrote: »
    89 mins lads. We're due a goal any second now...

a shot on target would be nice!

at least we kept a clean sheet :/

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7547003/Warnock-bemoans-denied-goal-

Was it as bad as Warnock says? Or has the moaning started already....either way, optimism, MOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Looking like Matt Mills is coming in on a short-term loan from Leicster. This would be massive imo, anytime ive seen him (only a handfull) he's been very soild.

Warnock's also looking at Paul Robinson from Bolton too for left-back. And the great Danny Webber has come in to add to our strike force

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

matt mills would be incredible IMO

not so much webber, but warnock likes him

Dulee Johnson is supposed to have played in a friendly against middlesbrough last night, setting up a goal for billy paynter.
    Don't know much about him other than what it says on wikipedia, oh yeah, he's unemployed so it fits in with Leeds transfer policy.

I'll be in the woolshed Saturday if anyone wants to join me for the match. Though the DublinLUMC were meeting up but heard nothing.
    MOT

Edit. Or I could be in Murrays if the woolshed don't have it

• Advertisement

Is anyone else going to Murrays or the WoolShed?

Huddersfield doing well, happy for grayson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

SarahBM wrote: »
    Is anyone else going to Murrays or the WoolShed?

I'll be in town gonna check the Woolshed first but if it's bad regarding commentary and screen I'll head down to Murray's at halftime.

So far so good, lot of empty seats, but great volume from the crowd that's there..

edit.

fck.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

anyone have any links to the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

is that ref blind or what.

• Advertisement

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    anyone have any links to the game ?

it saddens me cos we're playing alright, and it's unfortunate they scored, but i wouldn't give up hope yet. mot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

[url][/url]

There's a few there, i'm using the sopcast yoke though, its givin me crystal clear sky sports hd 2, it saddens me cos we're playing alright, and it's unfortunate they scored, but i wouldn't give up hope yet. mot

Hey mate, is this not against the new rules on here with the new SOPA sh!t...

Just in case it is, it could be an infraction

busyliving wrote: »
    Hey mate, is this not against the new rules on here with the new SOPA sh!t...

Just in case it is, it could be an infraction

Cheers, you may as well edit my bit out of your post, was just used to seeing people posting streams in other match threads on boards!

EDIT: Just saw the new stick, my bad! :(

Cheers, you may as well edit my bit out of your post, was just used to seeing people posting streams in other match threads on boards!

EDIT: Just saw the new stick, my bad! :(

Mate I could be wrong to be honest, but with that Sopa thing Its better safe than sorry

How are we losing this game ??? Playing great , O'Dea was awful for the goal but great finish .

Only 1 captain in this team for me folks , Snodgrass is no leader and he is absolutely pants against a decent team ( THERE I SAID IT !! ) , the star man for me is Clayton , chap oozes class , he will defo play at the highest level ! He is our main man

• Advertisement

They're really making the whole scoring goals thing hard for us. Jesus christ.

Danny Webber looking really up for it

I'm proud of our display, 18 attempts on goal, 9 on target...against the brick wall that was their keeper....we really didn't deserve to lose that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Donno how we lost that... some poor finishing mixed with excellent keeping. Positive display tho.

Also...
    he is absolutely pants against a decent team ( THERE I SAID IT !! )

I hope thats an attempt to keep premiership hands off him... or else i'll just put it down to you not having a clue. :P

Magill wrote: »
    Donno how we lost that... some poor finishing mixed with excellent keeping. Positive display tho.

Also...

I hope thats an attempt to keep premiership hands off him... or else i'll just put it down to you not having a clue. :P

As i always say about him , When he is good he is great but when he is bad he is awful , just dont see the consistency with him , i like him dont get me wrong but I dont love him , think Clayton is the main man . thought Snodgrass did well in the middle tonight but I think he is very overrated by some people , doesn't impact big games . Thats just my opinion !

we deserved at least a draw if not a win!!! ref was shocking IMO.
    Played very positive, but lost it sometimes. Southampton keep made some great saves too.
    O'Dea had my heart cross ways at times. I cant believe Brombey went off injured.
    I really think we wont make the play offs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

As i always say about him , When he is good he is great but when he is bad he is awful , just dont see the consistency with him , i like him dont get me wrong but I dont love him , think Clayton is the main man . thought Snodgrass did well in the middle tonight but I think he is very overrated by some people , doesn't impact big games . Thats just my opinion !

I wouldn't say hes overrated, don't get to see us play much these days (Cept when we're on the telly).. but he can/has do/done it against good teams. Hes no world beater, but is without a doubt our best player. IMO of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

How are we losing this game ??? Playing great , O'Dea was awful for the goal but great finish .

Only 1 captain in this team for me folks , Snodgrass is no leader and he is absolutely pants against a decent team ( THERE I SAID IT !! ) , the star man for me is Clayton , chap oozes class , he will defo play at the highest level ! He is our main man

That. This. This that, but if that didn't happen different result for sure, even though we were beat today much better than some of the sh1t this season. Good start apart from the obvious I liked it. Season's over though awful when it's confirmed this early, seems a few years now.

despite the result yesterday im feeling very positive about the run in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

despite the result yesterday im feeling very positive about the run in :)

If we play like that for the rest of the season there is no reason why we wont make the playoffs, though saying that 12 games to go 9 off them are against tough teams.

• Advertisement

ah come on now. I honestly dont think play offs are realistic.

SarahBM wrote: »
    ah come on now. I honestly dont think play offs are realistic.

Well Sarah if your not optimistic we are definitely not making the playoffs haha.
    Lets keep our finger crossed, MOT.

I like the way warnock has said that the chairman has to back him.
    we'll see.

Clean sheet is good I guess. Why can't we combine our whole attack and defense. It's like we can't score goals without letting a few in first.

delighted he's kinda sorted out the defence but it's a bit worrying about the fact that warnock's been in charge for 3 games and we've failed to score a goal.
    any idea how we played tonight?

Peteemax wrote: »
    Well Sarah if your not optimistic we are definitely not making the playoffs haha.
    Lets keep our finger crossed, MOT.

I try and I try but sometimes I just dont have the strength to stay optimistic.

I said it would be 0-0 tonight I was right. Ya well.

delighted he's kinda sorted out the defence but it's a bit worrying about the fact that warnock's been in charge for 3 games and we've failed to score a goal.
    any idea how we played tonight?

i reckon he's made us hard to beat first off, get a few clean sheets and confidence up and then focus on winning games.
    nest two games will be tough, but then we have 3 winnable on the bounce

How long has Warnock been in charge, 3 weeks?
    and he seems to have made huge improvements to the defence.
    Pity Grayson didn't have the ability to crack the mystery of defending.

• Advertisement

but sure ye could turn that the other way and say he has managed to turn onw of the top scoring teams in the league into useless in front of goal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement