Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

What ages is Warnock? Do ye think that, for argument sake, we did get promoted nxt year, he would stay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

SarahBM wrote: »
    What ages is Warnock? Do ye think that, for argument sake, we did get promoted nxt year, he would stay?

63, would think he stick to his guns but who knows, might be the cheaper option to keep him and we all know we like the cheap option at Leeds :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

He said he'd retire at the end of next season, and I reckon he will. It would probably be preferable to pack it in after a successful promotion winning season than after a season battling to stay in the PL because Bates won't put his hand in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Statistics say there'll be a goal in this game...! please give us a win :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Shlippery wrote: »
    Statistics say there'll be a goal in this game...! please give us a win :):)

:D McCormack

Ain't celebratin' til the final whistle goes ...hopefully taylor might gift us a last minute goal to really sweeten the deal!

Edit: and now for a massive sigh of relief...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

They did their best to throw it away with Bruce giving away a penalty; saved by Lonergan.

Onwards and upwards. 3 points off playoff positions.

Going to be an uphill battle to snatch playoff place but we are due a run of form. Beat Watford, get a result at Reading maybe and win the next two home games would see us right in there I think.

7 games left so 21 pts available, 15 pts might do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Did we ever think our win on Saturday would end up being so significant ? From all the teams above us, we gained ground on seven of them - gaining two points on Cardiff, Birmingham (the perfect result today !!), West Ham, Boro and Brighton and then gaining three points on Blackpool and Hull.

No 6 pointer matches on Tuesday but we can live in hope of bottom teams scrapping for points.

However, Saturday sees West Ham(3) v Reading(2), Brighton(4) v Boro(5) and Blackpool(7) v Saints(1). Saints and Reading wins please. Would be great to see Donny grabbing 1 or 3 points off Brum Friday night too - fingers crossed.

1st half was chronic! but the 2nd half was a rollercoaster, but sure we are Leeds! should I expect anything else! Roll on Saturday. Lets hope we can improve.
    with O'Dea out, I think Warnock will stick Bruce in CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

You'd nearly think that every team around us want us to be involved in the playoff's. We're being handed opportunities to stay in the race, left, right and centre, with Boro, Leicester and Palace all drawing and Hull losing - thanks lads !!!

So the games in hand now played (except for Brum v Burnley) and we're only 3 points off 6th and 5 off 4th.

A win on Saturday and things really gets exciting. I might just be booking that Leicester ticket for the 28th yet !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I really thought we'd fuked it and we more than likely have but I really wish I'd booked tomorrow's game now. Good ole Ross last week absolutely brilliant to get a win over them at their place.

Nice of Cardiff to draw with Milwall. Lets have a win now to capitalize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

The usual stream is down, has anyone else got one?

Thank you,
    Pete

Why do we always let this happen at elland road...! come on lads, we're bein gifted nice results in other games, why can't we capitalize on the opportunities we're being given!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Peteemax wrote: »
    The usual stream is down, has anyone else got one?

Thank you,
    Pete

the usual leeds are down, at home :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Hull are losing, we really need to f*cking win this.

and a great chance that Blackpool won't pick up any points against Southampton.

Every time things go in Leeds favor, they f*ck it up.

• Advertisement

Hopefully warnock fked the boys out of it at have time and told them bout the other results :) stay positive!

F*ck F*ck F*CK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

F*cking typical! F*cking depressing! F*CKING HELL!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

punk77 wrote: »
    F*cking typical! F*cking depressing! F*CKING HELL!!!!!!!!

F*cking Leeds united

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Warnock tore absolute shreds off the players in his post match interview. To say he was damning in his assessment would be an understatement. He even went as far as saying he was going to throw in some youth players against Reading as we were going to lose anyway with this group of players, also he's glad we're not in a relegation battle as he wouldn't fancy his chances with this team.

He really went to town and there's an awful lot more to the interview. Hopefully there's a recording somewhere.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Hopefully warnock fked the boys out of it at have time and told them bout the other results :) stay positive!

its impossible to stay positive with this club.

No investment
    Sells all out best players.
    Leave good squad players leave for free.
    Bring in crap/average free players as replacements.
    Last manager hadn't a clue how to defend.
    Sack him the day after the transfer window closes so the club won't have to spend any money on players the new manager might want to improve the team with.
    No heart from the players.

There are about 4 players I'd like to keep at the club, the rest can go jump in a lake.

Snodgrass, Clayton, White and Lees.....maybe McCormack

We'll need to get rid of an awful lot of crap at the club.
    Paynter, Rachubka, Bromby, Bruce, Parker, Brown, Pugh, Sam, Kisnorbo, O'Brien, Vayrynen, Forssell....even Becchio, think his time is up.

Time to get ruthless. Sell or get rid of them if nobody is interested.
    Surely Paynter, Rachubka, Bromby and Sam should not be able to get paid to be a professional footballer.

• Advertisement

Listened to the game. shocking, terrible, torturous, crap, rubbish, painful.....

I dont think there are enough words to describe how sh1te we were.

if even the likes of Warnock cant get them up for a game against the likes of Watford at home, then I dont think those players deserve to be wearing the shirt.

Well, its all about getting rid of the crap players in the summer and big investment from the club in the summer. Warnock will walk if he doesnt get the resources to build a proper quality squad. mark my words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Last manager hadn't a clue how to defend.

:o

Anyway, i think its clear that we just don't have the squad for promotion. Expecting back to back promotions was always silly imo. Hopefully that bellend bates gets his wallet out over the summer.

Get rid of all the deadweight and build from there... MOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

It wouldnt be back to back promotions. This is our second year in the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

haha, so it is.. #fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Was over at the game yesterday, absolutely awful to watch. Very little heart on display.. I can't think of any positives really apart from Nunez who actually looked like a footballer when he came on.

Most frustrating to watch was Michael Brown, if he's the best we have to pair with clayton in CM, god help us. He can't attack, is too slow to defend, can barely jump to head the ball, and I would say 95% of his passes were either back to the person he received the ball from, or back to defenders.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Neil Warnock plans to repeat his call for telling investment in the squad at Leeds United when chairman Ken Bates flies into England in the wake of a 2-0 defeat to Watford.

United’s manager said Saturday’s loss at Elland Road was fresh evidence of deficiencies within his camp, and he will outline his requirements for next season in the days ahead with Bates due to attend the clash with Derby County on Easter Monday.

Leeds’ loss to Watford was a potentially fatal blow to their slim chances of creeping into the Championship play-offs and Warnock pulled no punches as he assessed a ninth home defeat of the season.

Two Chris Iwelumo goals earned Watford their victory and obliterated the optimism generated by Leeds’ 1-0 win at Millwall seven days earlier.
    Warnock is a veteran of seven promotions as a manager, including a title-winning Championship term with Queens Park Rangers in 2010-11, and he called once again for a summer of decisive business at Elland Road ahead of what he hopes will be a more convincing push for the Premier League next term.

Warnock said: “We’ll have to invest. The chairman knows what I’m looking at and what I think.

“I’ll be talking to him about it when he comes over. The job requires major surgery in all departments. That’s what we’ve got to try and do over the next couple of months.

“We have to invest now in a number of players, without going silly. We have to get the right type of players too. I don’t want to be stood on the touchline watching a performance like that again.

“I’m desperate to get promoted next year so I’ve got to hopefully get the right support from the chairman and face the challenge as it comes.”
    Leeds lie six points adrift of the Championship’s play-off positions with six games to go, beginning with a trip to second-placed Reading this Friday.

An honest Warnock said: “I think we’re miles away.”

It's about time :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Finally a manager who says it like it is. Can't see Bates flashing the cash though!

blaa85 wrote: »

If we had won on saturday, Id be saying Cr*p! but since we are actually going nowhere, Im not worried.

I reckon Warnock will throw on a few youngsters on friday. why the hell not. we've got nothing to lose.

I have a feeling we'll win and come within 3 points of the play-offs. We will all have renewed faith that we can go up after destroying Reading 3-1. And then we f*ck up next week. Rinse and repeat until end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

blaa85 wrote: »
    I have a feeling we'll win and come within 3 points of the play-offs. We will all have renewed faith that we can go up after destroying Reading 3-1. And then we f*ck up next week. Rinse and repeat until end of season.

I was thinking the exact same thing myself. It's that constant cycle of hope and despair that kills me. Ups and downs indeed.

"Leeds make three enforced changes because of suspensions and an injury to Aidy White, with Zac Thompson, Leigh Bromby and Danny Pugh all coming in to the side."

From BBC. Looks like Warnock didn't have much faith in the youth players, only bringin in Thompson. I was hoping he would try out the Taylors as well

can anyone pm me a link for a stream. hungover and up early on my day off to watch a dead rubber....i need help!!

Thompson on and offsstraight away...straight red according to livescores....

• Advertisement

feck this. if he only brought in 1 youngster i might as well go back to bed

and he's been sent off!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Pugh should have been sent off there as well for me. What the hell are we at?

Don't know if anyone was watching, but we could have won that! Two best chances came to us, I'm sure we would have held out if we had took one. Some challenges put in that match, Pugh would have been gone if Zac hadn't been shown red a few minutes earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rough house rubbish from Leeds, glad Reading who actually try to play football won that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

mike65 wrote: »
    Rough house rubbish from Leeds, glad Reading who actually try to play football won that.

Just finished watching it (good ole Skyplus) and I strongly disagree. We had a very makeshift side out today and were up against Reading arguably the best team in the division and a team bang in form. Leeds at the minute are the opposite of that so what would you have Warnock do? Leeds are a poor side.

Admittedly some of the tackling in the first half looked too aggressive but Thompson’s a kid and Brown was connecting with the ball the follow through is a natural occurrence of a strong but fair challenge. Pugh should have gone its true.

Down to 10 men and pressing like we were it was a sterling effort to keep playing with the energy we did for such a long time into the second half after the early sending off. Impressive and if Snodgrass had have put that clear cut chance away then maybe we could have gone on to win it, but alas probably not.

Roughhouse maybe, but not rubbish and Karacan and Leigertwood are no strangers to roughhousing themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

great post

Another quality contribution to the soccer forum by mike65, a well thought out, insightful, poetically articulate post. :rolleyes:

Lets face it, it says it all when we lose 3 players from our first 11 and we're suddenly going into makeshift mode. Where's the point in having all these 25+ players when so many of them are way off consideration for a start (although we'll forgive youngsters bought for the future)

So the dream is finally over for this year. I really think we'd have been an embarrassment in the playoffs had we made them. There hasn't been much difference in fortunes under Warnock as opposed to under Larry but lets face it, it was Larry's mediocre signings which has been our undoing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

i hope we finish low enough actually, we arent going to get play offs. if we finish in 13th or so, it might convince ken to release more funds in the summer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement