Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Paynter fighting to keep his Leeds career going for next season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Some second half start from you's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Paynter fighting to keep his Leeds career going for next season :D

2 Goals for Billy!

Can someone confirm that I am not actually dreaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Four goals!!!!!!!! And still going nowhere:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I cant believe it! we won! at home! on a saturday!!!
    *mind blown*!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Never doubted Billy for a moment. Warnock to offer him new contract to put him highest paid player, if Man City don't swoop in for him first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I feel dirty writing this , currently on a bus full of manure fans en route to old Trafford , forgive me fellow Leeds fans , in my defence it was a free trip !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

According to The Sun we've Brian Easton on trial, also we're apparently preparing a 500k bid for Sol Bamba according to The People.

Im hoping to god we can repay Blackpool on tues night.

• Advertisement

Parker and Vayrynen have left Leeds.... it begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Who is our longest serving player now? Becchio? Snoddy?

Must be one of them. Parker only had 47 starts in that time. I bet he'll be off to a club where he will remain injury free.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Must be one of them. Parker only had 47 starts in that time. I bet he'll be off to a club where he will remain injury free.

I think longest serving player goes by how long they have been at the club as opposed to how many appearances they had. Its probably Becchio or Snodgrass. Both came in 2008.

G.K. wrote: »
    Who is our longest serving player now? Becchio? Snoddy?

Aidy White

I swear he made his debut under SG?

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    I swear he made his debut under SG?

He signed I believe a couple of weeks before Snoddy, but Snoddy made his debut first.

SarahBM wrote: »
    I think longest serving player goes by how long they have been at the club as opposed to how many appearances they had. Its probably Becchio or Snodgrass. Both came in 2008.

I know that, may have made more sense if I split my two sentences into paragraphs. was just observing how Parker was riddled with injuries.

Time to avenge that 0-5....COME ON LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I'm almost certain that Becchio made his debut at Tolka Park against Shels so that would have been under Gary Mac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

championc wrote: »
    I'm almost certain that Becchio made his debut at Tolka Park against Shels so that would have been under Gary Mac

Yeah this is correct. I was at the game and he was on trial and I remember thinking he looked quality.

• Advertisement

Listening to Warnock's plans for the upcoming season has me hyped, I think I'm going to be spending far too much time looking for any transfer related gossip.

Sounds like he has a real appetite to get us promoted, couldn't give the fans enough praise.

Said we're close to make our first two signings, one should happen around the 6th or 7th of May.

JokerD wrote: »
    Listening to Warnock's plans for the upcoming season has me hyped, I think I'm going to be spending far too much time looking for any transfer related gossip.

Sounds like he has a real appetite to get us promoted, couldn't give the fans enough praise.

Said we're close to make our first two signings, one should happen around the 6th or 7th of May.

And breath...............................

SarahBM wrote: »
    And breath...............................

Less of it..........

Here's the interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBq2ZJsKUpY

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yeah this is correct. I was at the game and he was on trial and I remember thinking he looked quality.

I was at that game too, with trout and Des. Des was apoplectic when Rui Marques flattened a Shels player and caused him to be stretchered off. In fairness it was a bad tackle, it happened right in front of us. Becchio looked the part almost instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

A lad in front of me at that game asked who the torres lookalike was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

any truth in max gradel coming back.... surely not

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Darren o'dea released , I reckon he was looking for too much money , warnock wouldn't have bothered meeting his agent if he was just gonna release him

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

not worried about that in the slightest.

we need better first team regulars then O Dea to get promoted.

O'Dea, Parker, Vayrynen out... I'm liking the look of this. Unless we replace them with more dead wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

happy enough about O'Dea.

but as you said, it's no use just replacing them with more of the same.

Next up for the chop hopefully:

Paynter
    Bromby
    Brown
    Sam
    Bruce
    Forssell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Not sure on letting O'Dea go...

Depending on what wage's he was looking for, he should have been kept for rotation imo

Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Warnock said, "The usual names are being mentioned by the media. It is usually an ex QPR player but it is none of those at the moment that I have been talking about.

"We are currently looking outside that and we are looking everywhere for different areas of the team because we do need a good squad next year."

Leeds have been linked with a move for goalkeeper Paddy Kenny, defender Clint Hill as well as former Leeds midfielder Shaun Derry who are all currently at QPR.

Warnock would not name the players who are moving closer to a move to Elland Road but he says they are both exciting players. "The two players who have made it clear to me that they would like to join Leeds are both exciting players and they are the right age and the right temperament," added Warnock.

The Leeds boss recently said that he would be hoping to secure the services of his first signing of the summer in the first week in May.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/7687929/
    Would be an excellent start to dealings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I am better in Football manager at transfers than grayson was !!

We need to build a champoionship side capable of gettin us up , history has proven that you dont need to spend mad money , so on that note , who would you like to see come in who is a good player and wouldnt break the bank ? here are a few players i really admire at this level .

Paul Gallagher - Leicester
    Chris Martin - Norwich
    Stephen Dobbie - Blackpool
    David McGoldrick - Nottm Forest
    Greg Halford - Portsmouth
    Tal Ben Haim - Portsmouth
    Bradley Orr - QPR
    Greg Cunningham ( loan from Man City )
    I'll drive him to Elland Road to get him off our wage bill.

Has talent but is incredibly lazy and not willing to work or run the channels. Stephen Dobbie, now there's a proper player.

Jesus Christ. Bromby could be out for a year?? He passed out with the agony accoring to Sky Sports.

Ruptured patellar tendon. I know from personal experience how nasty that injury is, I've never fully recovered from it. Poor guy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Those were the days....

3:23 for the one against Liverpool and 4:31 for the Wimbledon rocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

So we need centre halves badly. we have Bruce, AOB and lees for next year

event wrote: »
    So we need centre halves badly. we have Bruce, AOB and lees for next year

Jason Pearce - Pompey
    Richard Keogh - Coventry
    Sol Bamba - Leicester

All been talked about so far, also rumours gathering pace that Paul Green could be signing, a very versatile player. Turned down a new contract at Derby.

Green = Do not want

Like all 3 CB's mentioned though.

We're going to be linked withe every out of contract player under the sun this summer, i bet.

• Advertisement

Interesting article in this month's When Saturday Comes (excellent magazine btw, well worth a read). It mentions how some leading members of the Leeds United Supporters Trust went to buy their tickets for the game at Hull, only to find their ticket purchasing accounts had been frozen by the club, thereby preventing them from buying tickets for any away matches for the remainder of the season. It seems that Messrs. Bates and Harvey didn't take too kindly to the criticism levelled at them by LUST. Now LUST, which has over 5,000 members, are threatening not to renew their season tickets for next season. That's nearly a quarter of the average weekly gate that could all of a sudden go missing next season, and that represents a huge chunk of money that could potentially fund new players (assuming Bates can be convinced to part with it). Bates is becoming more and more dictatorial in his dealings with the fans (or morons as he prefers to call them), and will run the club into the ground in another season or two at the rate he's alienating people. The sooner somebody makes him an offer he can't refuse the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Apparently Bates has borrowed money for the east stand on the back of the next two seasons season-ticket income, so that money wouldn't be available for new players anyway.

Makes you wonder who owns ER anyway. You wouldn't think Bates would spend that much money improving somebody else's property portfolio.

I'll try and dig up the source for that, think it was the YEP.

http://lufctrust.squarespace.com/blog/2012/4/5/leeds-united-financial-results-lust-questions.html
    http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-season-tickets-set-to-pay-for-east-stand-work-1-4419152

That's despicable behaviour from Bates and Co. though if true, real "bully boy" tactics.

I honestly think that he thinks he's doing what's best for the club. That's the sad part :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Zaph wrote: »
    .... The sooner somebody makes him an offer he can't refuse the better.

Sounds like you're calling for a hit on him! ;)

Gaspode wrote: »
    Sounds like you're calling for a hit on him! ;)

/whistles innocently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just saw this posted on a Leeds United group on Facebook, not sure of its origins...thoughts?

kigAY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

First impressions yuck, but i'd still wear it.

There was to be an update on the new kit over the next day or so according to this woman

https://twitter.com/#!/KatyJoey

• Advertisement

I saw that alright which lead me to believe that it could be a possible leaked picture or something since the annoucement is so close....her latest tweet is just odd...

edit:

s1rxZ.jpg

The same guy just put this up, but this one looks uh..less convincing. so we can assume it's bull..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Both of those look awful IMO

Are we getting a new home kit? Really not a fan of the weird shiny material of the current one. Plus I want a new one since mine has Howson on the back :(

Ya, the scratching shed confirmed them fake thank god, I don't like the material either...hate Macron kits ! hopefully we'll get somethin nice...granted I do like my black kit, but the back ohs part has started to peel which is a pain in the tits.

Any guesses bout odd eminem video?

They're both awful, although I think I'd prefer anything to the black kit. Today's Yorkshire Evening Post has an article about Enterprise renewing their sponsorship deal for another two seasons. It mentioned that the announcement was made just ahead of the new home kit being unveiled. No mention of a new away kit, but unless they change supplier I think these days it's more normal to have new home and away kits in alternate years.

Leeds offered Beckford twice this season
    http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=280556#ixzz1tAXlwIMT

Leeds United chairman Ken Bates says the club twice turned down the opportunity to sign former striker Jermaine Beckford this season.

Beckford left Leeds in the summer of 2010 to join Premier League side Everton after coming to the end of his Elland Road contract.

He stayed with the Merseyside club for just one season before making a big money move to fellow championship side Leicester City in August.

Bates says he was twice offered Beckford this season but he decided against resigning the player who scored 85 times for Leeds in 3 seasons.

Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Bates said, "He was offered to us to come back on a permanent basis on two occasions this season but we declined because we want to move forward."

Beckford will make his first return to Elland Road this weekend with Leicester following his departure from Leeds.

The striker scored the crucial goal against Bristol Rovers on the final day of the season in his final game for Leeds that earned the club promotion back to the Championship.

Beckford also scored the only goal of the game against Manchester United in the FA Cup at Old Trafford in the same season that secured Leeds their first win across the Pennines in 29 years.

After a slow start to his Leicester career, he has now netted on 15 occasions for the foxes this season, including one against West Ham last Monday.

This might have been a mistake in my opinion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement