Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Lee Peltier signed up for £350k according to the Leicester Mercury

Kenny

Peltier
    Lees
    Pearce
    Drury

Doesnt look half bad does it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Lee Peltier signed up for £350k according to the Leicester Mercury

Kenny

Peltier
    Lees
    Pearce
    Drury

Doesnt look half bad does it? :)

Practically a brand new backline for an estimated £750,000 in transfer fees and a potentially a very good one with a mix of experience and youth. Even the youth have a lot of games at this level.

With new investors hopefully soon, will we see some serious money on the midfield and up front to follow? Will be interesting to see how much money we're in for.

Already rumours of a Beckford return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would Aidy not make it into the team?

Really hope all this happens now.

Mushy wrote: »
    Would Aidy not make it into the team?

Really hope all this happens now.

Needs to sort out the contract first, I rate Aidy and think he could go on play LB or LW in the future.

Who knows what the defence will be opening day, a long way to go yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Warnock seems to rate Aidy as a winger.

I don't rate White I'm afraid. Apart from raw pace he doesn't offer much (can't shoot, doesn't score, can't cross, can't tackle)

Take the Celtic compo, sure we've Charlie Taylor coming through who looks a cracking prospect and Danny Pugh can play left back and left midfield. And of course we've signed Drury to play left back.

Would jizz if Beckford return, and I can see it happening.

Also linked with Tommy Smith and 'One Size' Fitz Hall

I don't rate White I'm afraid. Apart from raw pace he doesn't offer much (can't shoot, doesn't score, can't cross, can't tackle)

Take the Celtic compo, sure we've Charlie Taylor coming through who looks a cracking prospect and Danny Pugh can play left back and left midfield. And of course we've signed Drury to play left back.

Would jizz if Beckford return, and I can see it happening.

Also linked with Tommy Smith and 'One Size' Fitz Hall

Norris and Varney two more linked heavily.

JokerD wrote: »
    Norris and Varney two more linked heavily.

Norris yes please! Varney no better than Barndoor Billy

Hopefully Somma will hit the ground running on his return, missed him bigtime last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Becks is going backwards unless he gets into a team again and starts scoring. He hasn't delivered since leaving us and will need to take a big drop in wages to get back in somewhere to have another avenue towards getting another crack at the Prem - And it might as well be with us.

However, we're going to need to see players go out first before new players start to come in.

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Becks is going backwards unless he gets into a team again and starts scoring. He hasn't delivered since leaving us and will need to take a big drop in wages to get back in somewhere to have another avenue towards getting another crack at the Prem - And it might as well be with us.

However, we're going to need to see players go out first before new players start to come in.

In fairness, he finished as Evertons top scorer in his only season in the Premiership, scoring 10 goals mainly from the bench, so to say he hasn't delivered since leaving us is a bit off the mark. They only only snapped Leicesters hand off for the £3 million cos they hadn't a pot to piss in. I agree though that last season he was extremely poor in an expensively assembled Leicester side - you can see by his body language he doesn't want to play for Pearson and hates being there.

You hit the nail on the head about the dead wood like Connololololy, Paynter, O'Brien etc needing to be shifted, although this could prove difficult as I expect they're on a fair whack, especially the latter two

YEP has us linked with out of contract Forest captain Luke Chambers - cracking signing if true, only 26 and one of the top 5 defenders in this league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Has Aiden White left? just seen a few odd tweets which suggest that he has left.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Has Aiden White left? just seen a few odd tweets which suggest that he has left.

His contract expired yesterday so is technically a free agent.

Think he's waiting on an improved offer once the takeover is complete, and Warnock does seem to like him, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he went

From what I've heard, dunno whether it's 100% or not, the new owner is Sheik Hamden Al Maktouan, better known as Godolphin to you horse racing fans, fronted by Duncan Revie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

will be interesting with you, us (forest) and the foxes all having owners with deep pockets this season

• Advertisement

will be interesting with you, us (forest) and the foxes all having owners with deep pockets this season

Think Leicester shot their load last season, can't see them challenging to be honest!

So just to give a rundown of some of todays' key points,

Gary Cooper Chairman of L.U.S.T was on Radio Leeds this morning talking about the Takeover, he said that a formal deal is imminent.

Apparently the owners want to reveal their identity themselves, also Cooper suggested that a lot of the rumours going around were "fairly accurate".

On further questioning Cooper said that "it's not a secret any longer that there well maybe Middle Eastern interest in this", to which the presenter replied..." With a British representative?"....Cooper replied "yes".

Phil Hay then released an article stating that Warnock has met with the prospective buyers and they have made it clear that he will have their full backing
    http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-in-transfer-talks-warnock-poised-to-splash-new-owner-s-cash-1-4699716

It was then suggested during the day that a deal was very close to completion and we could hear it confirmed today, however this seemed to die down a bit.

Also on the Dirty Leeds forum
    http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/topic/9999-leeds-united-take-over/page__st__1740

Poster East Leeds claims to know the owners and Cooper responded with

"I give full credit and fair play to you for the information you confided in me Dave, you have been just about bang on the money each time, if others mocked or disbelieved you they may well owe you an apology in the fulness of time, and the clock is ticking too winkorig.gif"

When asked if he was happy with the new owners East Leeds replied...."Very , very , very happy and so should you all be . Get your money on us for promotion i have a grand in bits spread about from 16-1 down to 12-1 . I will keep betting until we are below 6-1"

He also claims the club was sold for £52 million.

Then later on a poster on WACCOE who is usually on the money when it comes to news posted this....
    "Players are due back in on Weds for a meeting (pre arranged for ages) so you would of thought club would want to announce before then so everyone knows where they stand. It would make sense to be announced tomorrow."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY

These all make me happy, really hope to hear news tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Hopefully we will get good news in the next day or so....we really needed this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

"He also claims the club was sold for £52 million."

The only negative there is that that bollix Bates will pocket £50m of it.:(

• Advertisement

Apparently.....

We have enquired about McGugan, Lowton, Bothroyd and Nick Maynard to see are they available no bids for any yet.....Knows that McGugan is available for now and that West Ham will listen to offers for Maynard.

There was interest in Beckford but says that it has gone quiet on that front so might be dead. His agent has heard from another agent that we are interested in Puncheon.

Andrews talks stopped fairly quickly because he wanted ridiculous wages. Possibility of Danny ****tu coming in on trial.

Meetings to come with Peter Ramage and Akos Buszaky.

Kenny is done fee and personal terms done thinks it will be wrapped up Wednesday.

Warnock was ridiculously busy during his second "holiday " and everyone knows there is something up at Leeds because the kind of people we are talking to has risen massively in quality.

Keep in mind now these are just people he has heard we have contacted and such im not saying we will sign them all or even any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonder if warnock just sat in the meeting and sighed ".....sure i will get you up......then you can sack me...3 year deal???" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wonder if warnock just sat in the meeting and sighed ".....sure i will get you up......then you can sack me...3 year deal???" :pac:

Everyone's a winner! Warnock enhances his reputation and gets pay day, club gets massive pay day from getting back into prem and paying Warnock will not be a big issue, fans get prem football and rid of Warnock, I like it.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Everyone's a winner! Warnock enhances his reputation and gets pay day, club gets massive pay day from getting back into prem and paying Warnock will not be a big issue, fans get prem football and rid of Warnock, I like it.

And we get Mourinho!

Substantial bid made for Coventry defender Richard Keogh (cracking player).

Deal for Luke Varney close to completion. Hopefully it falls through, as he's gash

I see Chambers had a medical but then asked for more time to consider his options. Most likely for Leeds.

I see Chambers had a medical but then asked for more time to consider his options. Most likely for Leeds.

Chambers or Keogh would be terrific signings :)

Well Keogh is only linked, but it'd appear Chambers is closer to actually signing.

Isn't there a players meeting today? Hopefully find out more.

Keogh won Carlisles' POTY 09/10...
    Coventrys' Players' POTY 11/12
    Coventrys' POTY 10/11 and 11/12

A bit like Pearce really, also Chambers was brilliant during Forests' play off year when Swansea beat them from what I seen. Actually he was their POTY that year. Didn't see much of him last year.

Varney another player I seen quite a bit for Blackpool and he was good for them in the Premiership, he's versatile, can play the wing or up front and has good pace something Warnock mentioned on focusing on when he joined.

Warnock on YR after 11, not much on the takeover from him but maybe other stuff of interest
    http://www.yorkshireradio.net/

Or Sky channel 0209

• Advertisement

Bolton have made a formal bid for Lonergan, thought to be 400k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

won't cry about lonergan.

this business with the takeover is making me itchy!

Aw-TQSoCAAMvZN1.jpg

Was hoping that was real

Was hoping that was real

Friday

Keep the faith!

Bolton have made a formal bid for Lonergan, thought to be 400k

We'll be paying around that initially for Kenny apparently, with a bit extra if we get promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Takeover my eye
    everyone has been saying it for wks and nothing has happened. and I honestly think we're all being led on a merry dance. Bates wont got unless the devil himself offers him a better seat downstairs.
    sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Takeover my eye
    everyone has been saying it for wks and nothing has happened. and I honestly think we're all being led on a merry dance. Bates wont got unless the devil himself offers him a better seat downstairs.
    sigh.

Ah the takeover will defo happen , its not just a rumour everyone in the know is saying it , Patience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Bates wont got unless the devil himself offers him a better seat downstairs.
    sigh.

The seat is already warmed and waiting. BELIEVE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Takeover my eye
    sigh.

Has someone else taken over your account :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

From a Forest point of view, i would be thoroughly annoyed to lose Chambers. We've already lost 2 quality players in Anderson and every Leeds fan favourite McCleary ;) Chambers was not his usual self during first half of last season but much improved from Feb onwards. Was our best player for both playoff seasons. I would think his stalling over signing with Ipswich is more to do with Forest being taken over than it is to do with interest from Leeds. Up until last Friday, Al-Hasawi's takeover was up in the air, now it's a done deal with the papers signed. Thus Chambers may be biding his time, gauging the situation and seeing if Forest will offer him a new improved contract. His recently expired one was 8k per week. Ipswich were supposedly offering him 15k a week. Absolutely crazy money given these times of financial fair play. He's worth 10k tops. No Championship player is worth 15 grand a week.

In for DJ Campbell, terrific signing if we pull it off!

To the Forest fan, there's no way Ipswich offered Chambers 15k a week, not a hope in hell!

Varney deal close. Really hope it falls through. Reminds of that Ian Moore signing 7 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Varney deal close. Really hope it falls through. Reminds of that Ian Moore signing 7 years ago

Was that 7 years ago?? Christ. Hope this takeover goes through soon, or all of the decent signings we've been linked with will have moved on.

blaa85 wrote: »

Was that 7 years ago?? Christ. Hope this takeover goes through soon, or all of the decent signings we've been linked with will have moved on.

Aye, 2005 wasn't it? Blackwell loved him. The donkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In for DJ Campbell, terrific signing if we pull it off!

To the Forest fan, there's no way Ipswich offered Chambers 15k a week, not a hope in hell!

You may be correct, but 15k is the figure being quoted by most of the online press. They're getting him on a free so maybe they figure paying him that wage equates to buying him for 1 million and giving him 10k a week.

Surprised you guys don't seem to rate Luke Varney. Think he's a terrific front player. Has scored goals where ever he's been, certainly did a good job for Blackpool in the PL. Scored goals in a poor Derby side last term also. He's not prolific but he's a handful for defences and will create chances with his physicality. Leeds fans should be very happy if he does move to Elland Road.

Somma not back til September/October

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭RobTheLad

New Away Kit

0,,10273~11019732,00.jpg

I like it. I remember having that colour on one a few years back but couldnt get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Somma not back til September/October

:(

ah FFS.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement