Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

We've had a bid rejected for Rodolph Austin, expected to make a second one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49hKuRYDzU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Latest rumour is that it'll be tomorrow. Not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

G.K. wrote: »

Are you one of those ITK's? :D

Nah. I wish I was though, it's a real party and showbiz lifestyle.

Where did you read this?

• Advertisement

The other day, someone was saying how it would have been 5 years to the day since we exited admin and as such Bates would not have to give money to the administrators or something and as such he'd be happy to sell up.

But I can't remember the exact details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Getting sick of the waiting and the rumours of when itll be announced. If something is going to be announced, there will be a lot more media activity, not just some internet ITKs.

Also Martin Cranie is training with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Regardless of TOMA, we will probably sell mccormack to huddersfield

:(

JokerD wrote: »
    We've had a bid rejected for Rodolph Austin, expected to make a second one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49hKuRYDzU

He wears 5 but by that video he looks to be a defender/midfielder/striker combined.

Has the makings of a cult hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

The other day, someone was saying how it would have been 5 years to the day since we exited admin and as such Bates would not have to give money to the administrators or something and as such he'd be happy to sell up.

But I can't remember the exact details.

When Bates "saved" us 5 years ago, I think the deal with UK Inland Revenue was paying them back 1p in every £1. There was certainly a clause where if we went to the Prem within 5 years, it would have triggered an additional payment of I think about £5m.

It would therefore make sense if we came into money of similar amounts that this would trigger the same or a similar clause.

An interesting development in the proposed takeover or major investment at #lufc by Bahrain Sheikh Abdulrahman bin Mubarak Al-Khlaifa.

The Bahrain Information Affairs Authority, having told @ BBCLeeds no member of the Bahrain ruling family was considering a move for #lufc

Bahrain IAA now say."It may be correct the person in question is involved in a takeover bid for the club with financial investors." #lufc

Bahrain IAA added: "This is strictly a private deal & has nothing to do with any official department of the government."

adam pope: source: twitter

Austin after his game tonight:
    Austin to BA(paper): I don't know if this was my last game here. But if the chance comes to go to Leeds, it is something I want to do #lufc

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

@TSSLUFC: Norwegian press now claiming that #LUFC have agreed a £300k fee with SK Brann for Rodolph Austin. Some details still need to be worked out.

@TSSLUFC: It's said that SK Brann want to keep Austin until the 1st of August when the Norwegian transfer window opens. #LUFC

Snoddy on the way to norwich it seems :(

We're a f ucking disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

More importantly, the buyout must have stalled if we are selling our best player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

F*ck off Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll be delighted if we nab Snodgrass. Looked for a while that Villa were after him but Hughton has a bid in for him. Howson has been unbelievable for us in his short time at the club and really impressed with him anytime I've been to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Remember, just a bid....

But yeah, fúck off Norwich :)

http://soundcloud.com/cas707/adam-pope-speaks-to-rodolph

BBC Leeds interview with Rodolph Austin

• Advertisement

Maybe Norwich should try to put together a consortium to takeover us, would save them from having to buy all our players

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lonergan has gone to Bolton

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20120717/lonergan-joins-bolton_2247585_2851501
    Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan has joined Bolton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old completed a medical with the Championship newcomers on Monday evening and has signed a three-year deal at the Reebok Stadium.

Andy's exit from Leeds follows the arrival of former Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Paddy Kenny. Paddy joined the club on a three-year deal last week.

Andy made 38 appearances during his year-long stay at Elland Road, following his move from Preston North End last summer.

Andy, who made his debut on the opening day of the season at Southampton, was club captain for a short period, and he also kept four successive clean sheets following the arrival of Neil Warnock in February. He also saved two penalties during the course of the season, including one at Millwall in March when we secured a 1-0 victory.

The keeper was also sidelined for a period at the back end of 2011 after suffering a finger injury.

Strange that there's no mention of his part in the club record home defeat against Forest back in March...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Snodgrass is reported to be going for 5 million. i'd take that, if it was invested back into the squad. he has one year left on his contract, time to cash in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Snodgrass is reported to be going for 5 million. i'd take that, if it was invested back into the squad. he has one year left on his contract, time to cash in

I'd agree. I fhe doesn't want to sign up for another few years (and I can't blame him) then lets get as much cash as we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

oldyouth wrote: »
    More importantly, the buyout must have stalled if we are selling our best player

yeah, I'd agree.

Snoddy would be staying if the take over was going to go ahead and allow us to strengthen the team with good players.
    Surely the new owners would not allow a second captain to leave within 6 months.

Things have gone very quiet on the take over.
    Warnock saying not to expect us to spend much.
    1 player out, 1 player in seems to be the way we're going to go this summer.

Will we see much of the Snodgrass money reinvested if he goes and will we get a decent replacement?

I was really optimistic about the take over, my nerves are shot and every day that goes by I'm thinking it's less and less likely. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

yeah, I'd agree.

Snoddy would be staying if the take over was going to go ahead and allow us to strengthen the team with good players.
    Surely the new owners would not allow a second captain to leave within 6 months.

Things have gone very quiet on the take over.
    Warnock saying not to expect us to spend much.
    1 player out, 1 player in seems to be the way we're going to go this summer.

Will we see much of the Snodgrass money reinvested if he goes and will we get a decent replacement?

I was really optimistic about the take over, my nerves are shot and every day that goes by I'm thinking it's less and less likely. :confused:

Due diligence can take a long time. Until it's decided that "they" want to take over the club, it looks like it's being run under the bates regime still. Which means feck all investment in the squad and hands being snapped off if it holds a decent offer.

You'd imagine there might be something in the programme notes for the first game of the season if we don't hear anything between now and then.

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Due diligence can take a long time. Until it's decided that "they" want to take over the club, it looks like it's being run under the bates regime still. Which means feck all investment in the squad and hands being snapped off if it holds a decent offer.

You'd imagine there might be something in the programme notes for the first game of the season if we don't hear anything between now and then.

Latest from the Supporters Trust re the takeover etc:
    http://lufctrust.squarespace.com/blog/2012/7/17/lust-update-takeover-players-and-the-new-season.html
    They seem cautiously optimistic that due diligence has thrown up no major problems but can't name names...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The bid for Snodgrass was rejected.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20120717/united-boss-on-snoddy-bid_2247585_2852053
    Neil Warnock has reiterated his desire to see club captain Robert Snodgrass remain a Leeds United player, despite confirmed interest from the Premier League.

Media reports on Monday claimed Norwich City had made a bid for the player, and the United manager confirmed an offer had been made for the Scottish international.

"It's been made public that they have bid, but from our own point of view it's not what we're looking for," he said.
    "We'd like to keep Rob, and Rob knows that. Whether that will be possible we'll have to wait and see.

"It's difficult when players get their heads turned, but I'd like to keep Rob at the club and that's what I'm trying to do at the moment. Unless they come up with a valuation that the club thinks is satisfactory then that's what we want to do."

The United boss stated towards the end of last season that he wanted the Scot to remain at Leeds for "for one more year" or "at least until Christmas" after the offer of what he described as "a fantastic" contract. Robert was also made club captain in February, following the arrival of the new manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Probably heading over to the Hudderfield match next Paddy's weekend for my stag. What are people's thoughts on what time the match will be on? Went to same match before and was moved to 12pm by the police - can imagine the same happening again. Worried about the small chance that it'll be moved to the Friday night for TV. How far in advance would I be able to know for sure?

Any tips for bars, clubs and activities in the area would be appreciated. Have been in most but blurry. Was in Oceana last time and then Mint for the late club. There was another late one called Revolution but couldn't find it. Been a few years tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

What worries me is the lack of investment at the moment given the savings made so far. All transfers have been made using money from other transfers (money to fund the transfer fee) but we're already up a fair bit already with the savings made by the return of the 4 loanees at the end of the season and the release of the 6 others. That's a decent saving in monthly outlay.

http://www.facebook.com/lufctrust/posts/10150939485086039

Transcript of LUST chairman's interview on BBC Leeds last night

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1125446?cc=5739

ESPN reporting that takeover is only days away....... I think we've heard that one before though!

So looks like a fee has been agreed for Varney, Austin transfer talked about on the OS so they must be confident on that one and Peltier is returning from his camp in Austria early to sort his future amid reports ourselves and Huddersfield have had bids accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

So the money we pay for Varney, supposed to be about £300k, goes straight to Derby because that is what Portsmouth owe them for him. We are funding Derby to sign White.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So another Friday and still no news.

There must be some problem at this stage...

the only thing i'm clinging on to is that because the ownership of LUFC is so complicated (Bates owning several companies that in turn own Leeds etc.) and the fact that the club don't own the stadium or training ground, it is making it more complicated than any other take over we've seen recently.

would be just like Leeds to get it sorted the day after the transfer window closes.

the squad is looking very light on numbers and this surely won't improve with the 1 out, 1 in policy.

Good news that White has apparently agreed a new three year deal

just came in to post that.

i find it strange, this is the first time in ages we've actually convinced one of our promising players to sign a new deal.

event wrote: »
    just came in to post that.

i find it strange, this is the first time in ages we've actually convinced one of our promising players to sign a new deal.

Also you'd wonder who offered the contract?

On a more negative note......
    Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP

No Snodgrass tonight. Warnock says he's got a tight hamstring but also wanted to spare him from speculation and attention after Norwich bids

The pessimistic side of myself doesn't like this.

• Advertisement

oh Snoddys gone IMO.
    we are just angling for more money.

On the assumption that the takeover is going fine, people at the club would know. So lets assume it is. Warnock turns to him and says "snoddy, we are being bought out. When that happens, we will offer you what ever you want money wise"
    That hasnt happened. For me, its that he wants to play in the PL and regardless of whether we get bought out by the richest man in the world, that could still take 2 or 3 years.

He wants his chance in the PL, i dont begrudge him that

oh Snoddys gone IMO.
    we are just angling for more money.

On the assumption that the takeover is going fine, people at the club would know. So lets assume it is. Warnock turns to him and says "snoddy, we are being bought out. When that happens, we will offer you what ever you want money wise"
    That hasnt happened. For me, its that he wants to play in the PL and regardless of whether we get bought out by the richest man in the world, that could still take 2 or 3 years.

He wants his chance in the PL, i dont begrudge him that

He could have gone last season but he didn't so if he's to move then it's unfortunate but he gave us good games and did say this so it gives hope.

Leeds United captain Robert Snodgrass has laid down the challenge to the club by asking them to match his ambitions and prove they want to gain promotion to the Premier League.

The 24 year old has been offered a new deal by the club with one year still remaining on his current deal.

Leeds boss Neil Warnock wants to build the squad around his captain and he has promised him he can move on at the end of next season if the club fail to gain promotion.

Snodgrass however, says he is not ready to rush into a new deal and he wants to see the ambition of the club in the transfer market over the summer months.

Speaking today, Snodgrass said, 'I have another year left and they have offered me another contract and my agent is still speaking with them.

'I said that I wanted to take a few weeks away from everything, not make any decisions and we will start speaking in June.

'The decision doesn't need to be made right now.

'Being captain
    of Leeds United in the Premier League would be a dream come true.
    'If anyone would have said that when I went down there as a 20-year-old, I wouldn't have believed them, I don't think anyone would have.

'But I am living in the real world. We didn't get there.

'If things change in terms of bringing players in and getting Premier League class and kicking-on then it's a no-brainer. You sign the contract and move on.'

yeah and the ambition we've shown so far is selling Clayton and bringing in Paul green and looking to sell mccormack.
    I also reckon he was giving Warnock a chance, maybe he's not impressed with him.

Id love to be wrong, he's one of my favourite players in years, but i just think he's gone. :(

Id love if we were bought out in the next week or so and even if he wont sign, keep him for the year and let him go on a free. Maybe by then we'll have convinced him on the pitch and if he does go, we would be able to replace him with the billions we will be worth :)

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP
    Full team: Kenny, Lees, Crainie, Pearce, Pugh, Brown, Green, Rogers, McCormack, White, Gray

Warnock said he wants 8 new players before the season starts

yeah and the ambition we've shown so far is selling Clayton and bringing in Paul green and looking to sell mccormack.
    I also reckon he was giving Warnock a chance, maybe he's not impressed with him.

Id love to be wrong, he's one of my favourite players in years, but i just think he's gone. :(

Id love if we were bought out in the next week or so and even if he wont sign, keep him for the year and let him go on a free. Maybe by then we'll have convinced him on the pitch and if he does go, we would be able to replace him with the billions we will be worth :)

If it's a case of us having to sell before we buy at the minute before the potential takeover is completed, then we really need to get this takeover sorted quick especially if Warnock wants in 8 new players.

3-0 Leeds, 2 for Andy Gray 1 for Robbie Rogers

adding fuel to the pessimistic side of things, has Aidy white been given his wage increase because we'll save money on wages when Snoddy is sold? :rolleyes:

@TSSLUFC: Full-time. Farsley Celtic 2-5 #LUFC. Goals from Andy Gray (2), The Robbie Rogers, Billy Paynter (honestly!) and Sanchez Payne.

Mick Jones

'We will be linked with a lot of players in the next 10 days, Neil has been working the hardest he ever has in his career in the transfer market the past 7 days, and we are very excited over what will happen over the next 10 days'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

@TSSLUFC: Full-time. Farsley Celtic 2-5 #LUFC. Goals from Andy Gray (2), The Robbie Rogers, Billy Paynter (honestly!) and Sanchez Payne.

Paynter scored an og too:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement