Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Andy O'Brien has left the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Starting team for the Sandefjord game..k.o 6pm

........... Ashdown,
    Lees, Cranie, Pearce, Drury,
    .........Norris, Green,
    White, McCormack, Varney
    ...............Gray

I always end up thinking of a Scandanavian version of an industrial estate when I hear of this place. I wish they were playing in Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

McCormack handed the armband....is that a sign that he's on his bike???

that's one hell of an ordinary midfield line up.
    really need that icing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY

#lufc NW wants another striker alongside McCormack. Another signing is expected before weekend & in market for a right sided centre half.

Encouraging!

Becks anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

championc wrote: »
    Becks anyone ?

I'd say the next official signing will be Cranie, Peltier has dragged on and on and it wouldn't surprise me that it won't happen, I've already read that Leicester might be acting up on that deal.

I just can't see Leicester selling Beckford either.

Svend karlsen twitter

Warnock not ruling out interest in Beckford but says wage is major problem. Seems he expects a striker in before the weekend. #LUFC

No CMS for Brighton tonight, Warnock's a fan so I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

CMS?

event wrote: »
    CMS?

Craig Makail-Smith

• Advertisement

It could be likely that's it's one of QPR's strikers that played under Warnock...Helguson, Smith, Bothroyd, Hulse, Campbell

They also have Zamora, Mackie(also played under Warnock but has been playing a lot) and Cisse who've been playing regular, added to the fact they're apparently interested in Berbatov, that's a lot of strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

JokerD wrote: »
    It could be likely that's it's one of QPR's strikers that played under Warnock...Helguson, Smith, Bothroyd, Hulse, Campbell

They also have Zamora, Mackie(also played under Warnock but has been playing a lot) and Cisse who've been playing regular, added to the fact they're apparently interested in Berbatov, that's a lot of strikers.

Buachaill Leeds on waccoe ????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

did Leeds win the friendly last night?

1 -1. Pearce scored.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7956849/Leeds-close-on-Mackail-Smith

Sounds like, if this is going to happen, it's going to take time. I hope it doesn't involve a player exchange with Ross.

According to Sky Sports News, McCormack has said that he wants to stay at Leeds and is ready to discuss a new contract.

• Advertisement

Served Gary Kelly in work today...it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mushy wrote: »
    Served Gary Kelly in work today...it was good.

Did he not once leak our team news to an opposition manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

On the whole Ross issue, i thought it was warnock that was wanting to sell him

would mind Gary Kelly, I've seen him out a few times now. bit of a piss head and billy big boots about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

It was alledgedly Derry, though Derry himself denied it I believe.

Kelly's a favourite player of mine, I'm named after him. (On boards, that is). Realise he isn't the nicest character though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

G.K. wrote: »
    It was alledgedly Derry, though Derry himself denied it I believe.

Kelly's a favourite player of mine, I'm named after him. (On boards, that is). Realise he isn't the nicest character though.

Your a MOD, so can you not change your username whenever you wish

• Advertisement

I have no reason to change my name. I love the loyalty that the guy gave to Leeds.

punk77 wrote: »
    Buachaill Leeds on waccoe ????

That is me yes, I like to post on there from time to time, mostly just browse though, same as Dirty Leeds.

You learn who are the people who actually have good information and hope they're right.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7956849/Leeds-close-on-Mackail-Smith

Sounds like, if this is going to happen, it's going to take time. I hope it doesn't involve a player exchange with Ross.

Mackail-Smith would be a potentially great signing for us, he's an absolute workhorse, to have a good defence you need to defend from the front too and Mackail-Smith is always in the defender's face.

There's a bit of talk that Gretar Steinsson could be on trial with us, would be a great signing for RB, wouldn't even need a trial imo.

Phil HayPhilHayYEP
    In today's YEP, #lufc have agreed a fee for Leicester's Lee Peltier. Still some work to be done on the deal but looks like the signing is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Numbers 2, 6 and 9 left empty on the official squad numbers so we should be getting in players in these positions. What quality player we get will be our indication of how the season will go. Peltier and Maynard or a smiliar quality twosome would do fine imo for 2 and 9. Green for 7 rather than 6 for some reason so I'd imagine whoever gets 6 will actually be a wide player, not CM as I'd expect.

Green and Austin getting first XI numbers ahead of Norris is probably an indicator of who'll get first chance to impress in midfield. Good to see Gray get 18. Him getting a first XI number would've been scary. Would've preferred to see White get 7 ahead of Green, maybe he had a liking for the number 14.

I could def be reading too much into the numbers thing tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Full List and linked players:

1 PADDY KENNY
    2 Peltier/Steinsson
    3 ADAM DRURY
    4 TOM LEES
    5 JASON PEARCE
    6 George Boyd
    7 PAUL GREEN
    8 RODOLPH AUSTIN
    9 Mackail-Smith/Beckford/Maynard
    10 LUCIANO BECCHIO
    11 LUKE VARNEY
    12 JAMIE ASHDOWN
    13 Crainie
    14 AIDAN WHITE
    15 Kevin Gomez
    16 DANNY PUGH
    18 ANDY GRAY
    19 DAVID NORRIS
    21 MICHAEL BROWN
    22 ROBBIE ROGERS
    23 ZAC THOMPSON
    24 PAUL CONNOLLY
    44 ROSS McCORMACK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

No number for Nunez? I know he was transfer listed, but he hasn't been sold, has he?

No numbers for Kisnorbo or Somma either. Yet, Connolly has a number but,surely, he'd be gone if he wasn't injured.

There's a bit of talk that Gretar Steinsson could be on trial with us, would be a great signing for RB, wouldn't even need a trial imo.
    Phil HayPhilHayYEP
    In today's YEP, #lufc have agreed a fee for Leicester's Lee Peltier. Still some work to be done on the deal but looks like the signing is on

I think,maybe Warnock was using Steinsson to worry Leicester and it seems to have worked. Steinsson would have been a good acquisition at RB but I'd imagine his wages would have been a problem. Anyway, didn't Bolton sign him up for 18,000 years lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

@PhilHayYEP: Sources close to Peltier say he's agreed the terms of a three-year deal at #lufc

Another piece of the puzzle, there's our number 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Think this is our strongest starting line up in pre-season so far.

Leeds: Kenny, Lees, Kisnorbo, Pearce, White, Green, Norris, Brown, Varney, McCormack, Becchio. Subs: Pugh, Rogers, L Turner, Ashdown, Byram, Thompson, Poleon, Gray, Drury, N Turner.

Wish pugh was in there in place of Green.

It's official. Peltier has signed a 3 year contract.

3-1 at Deepdale. Lees, Byram & White. 3 defenders (all academy) :D
    White's 3 goal in the pre-seasons. Peltier was at the game.

So before the game, a fan said they had spoken to Warnock outside the stadium, apparently Warnock told them this

-Peltier has signed and is here today.......turned out true

- Kisnorbo is starting today and playing the first 20 minutes(played around 30 mins)

-When asked about the takeover he sighed and said he knew nothing new...take his word

Now he also said this......
    When asked about Beckford he said that "he'd turned down Southampton to play for us" but then said "if you lads all chip in for his wages we'll get him here"

Now he also said this......
    When asked about Beckford he said that "he'd turned down Southampton to play for us" but then said "if you lads all chip in for his wages we'll get him here"

So it confirms that Colin will certainly have him and he's obviously spoken to him. I believe, in the post match interview, he said that while he was still looking for a striker, he could go with loan deals so opens the possibility of a Becks loan with a view to a permanent move.

While many fans seem more interested in Maynard, you've got to agree that Becks is already proven at this level.

So it confirms that Colin will certainly have him and he's obviously spoken to him. I believe, in the post match interview, he said that while he was still looking for a striker, he could go with loan deals so opens the possibility of a Becks loan with a view to a permanent move.

While many fans seem more interested in Maynard, you've got to agree that Becks is already proven at this level.

Could be that any move could depend on the takeover, which if it's the case should put some pressure on the deal getting done

Phil HayPhilHayYEP
    NW happy with performance v Preston, says ideally he would like a striker and a right winger but isn't sure he has the funds to do both

Come on Leeds get it done, takeover and two more signings before Wolves.

I'm getting anxious over this takeover now, I do feel it will be completed but I can't help but think if Warnock gets extra funds now it could make a big difference.

Sign Cranie, another winger/playmaker and another striker and we've got good numbers in the squad. Warnock has done an excellent job in getting a squad together and to think that we could have crucial players lined up depending on a takeover and they may not happen is worrying.

We still are looking good but the difference a few more faces could make....hmmm makes you wonder how strong we could be.

• Advertisement

I hope the takeover gets done before the start of the season. Itt would give a much needed boost, and I think if they get off to a fast start it could turn out very well. Might go the Barnsley game in October if takeover is done too.

Mushy wrote: »
    I hope the takeover gets done before the start of the season. Itt would give a much needed boost, and I think if they get off to a fast start it could turn out very well. Might go the Barnsley game in October if takeover is done too.

I've booked to head to the Wolves game, will be an interesting atmosphere. Takeover or no takeover.

I'm getting anxious over this takeover now, I do feel it will be completed but I can't help but think if Warnock gets extra funds now it could make a big difference.

Sign Cranie, another winger/playmaker and another striker and we've got good numbers in the squad. Warnock has done an excellent job in getting a squad together and to think that we could have crucial players lined up depending on a takeover and they may not happen is worrying.

We still are looking good but the difference a few more faces could make....hmmm makes you wonder how strong we could be.

Absolutely agree. I hope Warnock gets all the credit he deserves for the immense work he's done,so far, under difficult circumstances,in re-vamping our squad. I was never a big fan of his before he became our manager but I don't honestly think many others could have done what he's done with limited funds. Hopefully, he'll get the funds to complete the jigsaw sooner rather than later.

Absolutely agree. I hope Warnock gets all the credit he deserves for the immense work he's done,so far, under difficult circumstances,in re-vamping our squad. I was never a big fan of his before he became our manager but I don't honestly think many others could have done what he's done with limited funds. Hopefully, he'll get the funds to complete the jigsaw sooner rather than later.

Exactly, I know there is the loan market and January, but how much of a boost would it be ahead of Wolves to get the takeover sorted and 2 or 3 more quality players. Would give momentum without a ball being kicked in the league.

Everything that can be done, needs to be done now to get this takeover sorted. Of course we can sign players without it but Warnock said he's not sure he currently has the funds to complete what he'd like to do.

I've booked to head to the Wolves game, will be an interesting atmosphere. Takeover or no takeover.

Was thinking of this game too until it was announced as being televised. Planning for the Blackburn game instead.

Was thinking of this game too until it was announced as being televised. Planning for the Blackburn game instead.

The same day return flights to Leeds now really are great, flying out at 6.50 and I'll be home in time to see us on The Football League Show.

• Advertisement

A Leeds legend without ever playing for us is available for transfer
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7959191/Clubs-on-Hammill-alert

Anyone who frequents WACCOE willl know what I mean here.

Would be a great signing and I'm very surprised he's leaving Wolves.

Some potentially encouraging news, L.U.S.T are having a meeting after the Shrewsbury game on Saturday and have had their invitation accepted for a representative from the club appearing at the meeting.

This is very encouraging imo, the club surely know that any meeting with L.U.S.T at this stage despite the what the meeting is intended for will have takeover talk.

Would the club send someone along if the takeover has hit trouble or is it a case that maybe we've had progression?

It's also hoped that Harvey maybe the rep at the meeting.

It's also an open meeting so it would be strange for the club to accept the invitation as it could be a difficult situation for any rep.

Paynter on his way to Donny, not sure what's happening with Cranie
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/7968287/

Brown signs new 1 year contract

Yay:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement