Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

No number for Somma is a strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

event wrote: »
    No number for Somma is a strange one

Think I read somewhere that he was getting a number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Even with the resigning of Brown I'm cautiously optimistic about the coming season. Can't wait really, Warnock's done a great job over the summer for me.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Austin and Norris too, since I've thought he'd be a good addition for us for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

We've lost some great players like Snoddy, but we've improved in whole as a team with these signings made, in the long run a better team will outweigh better individual players,

We've picked up most of them for peanuts, and cut alot of our wage bill, i'm quietly optimistic about the upcoming season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Beginning to believe - since Colin has built from the back outwards. Interesting on how keen he was to get Midfield known goalscorers - thinking a bit more outside the box than Larry did. Just a prolific Striker required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

I can't wait for Saturday week. I'm sick of all this T/O BS. The team might take a little while to gel but I'm pretty certain we won't be leaking silly goals like we were under Larry. Anyway the jigsaw is not complete yet and there will be additions before the window closes. Best case scenario is that the T/O goes ahead and Warnock is given the funds to sign his targets. Worst case is that we have to bring in a couple of players on loan as a stop-gap in the hope that the funds will be there eventually. Here's to giving Wolves a warm, ER welcome to the championship :D (wonder who'll be writing the program notes)

Team for tonight.......

Kenny
    Peltier--Lees--Pearce--White
    ----Green--Austin--Norris
    Varney
    McCormack
    Becchio

Not certain how we'll line up formation wise, Green was on the right on Saturday.

Kenny
    Peltier--Lees--Pearce--White
    Green--Austin--Norris--Varney
    Becchio--McCormack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

With that lineup you have to play 4-3-3 imo. White/Peltier providing width is much better than Green doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Varney captain tonight, gets the goal to put us one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1 - 0 FT

• Advertisement

Warnock saying we need to sell before we bring in new faces and it's obvious we need a new striker.

So basically all Summer it sounds like Warnock was operating under this basis, has done some job, just a pity the club can't get a move on and get this takeover sorted.

Gary Cooper of the Supporter's Trust has said that they're hoping to have an update of exactly what's going on either tonight or tomorrow morning regarding the Takeover.

He said that the Trust last had contact with the group on Monday and that the hold up is with the club. The Trust don't know what the hold up is.

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/08/takeover-latest-ball-in-bates-court-lust/

Only 11 days until the season gets under way and Neil Warnock is already raising concerns about the strength and depth of his squad.
    After the club confirmed they were in takeover talks earlier this summer, many fans had hoped that funding would follow and that Neil Warnock’s squad would be more than ready to compete before the pre-season schedule came to an end.
    However, it’s been several weeks since the last statement from Leeds United and there has been no evidence of a takeover progressing since.
    Throughout this saga, the only constant source of communication with the fans has been the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust who were the first to break news of takeover interest back in May.
    Following on from their statement urging the club to update fans on progress, The Scratching Shed contacted Trust chairman Gary Cooper for an update.
    Our contact with the buyers told us over the weekend the hold up is firmly with Ken Bates and that they have been trying for some time to push the deal through, they remain confident it will happen.
    We are trying to get updated info later on today (possibly into this evening) and will keep all posted as best we can.
    As LUST attempt to get further information, Leeds United fans will be eagerly awaiting Ken Bates’ programme notes for the Shrewsbury Town game this weekend which could provide the update we’ve all been waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Anybody heading over on Saturday for the Shewsbury game?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Just in on twitter:
    @lufctrust: The Leeds United Supporters Trust can confirm that the deal to buy the club has now collapsed.
    @lufctrust: We will be making a more detailed statement later on today once we have had the chance to establish more.

@dewsyleeds: NW has confirmed Danny Pugh and Robbie Rogers are on the transfer list #lufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Just in on twitter:
    @lufctrust: The Leeds United Supporters Trust can confirm that the deal to buy the club has now collapsed.
    @lufctrust: We will be making a more detailed statement later on today once we have had the chance to establish more.

Just seen this, absoulte joke.

Yep, confirmed by BIG over on Waccoe. FFS:mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I am sad to say that I am not surprised at all. It's been dragging on for too long and it was obvious something was wrong.

ah they can stick it up their árse.

Bates is really going to get some amount of abuse now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

That's a whole lot of optomism blown out of the water. WTF is Bates at?!?!?!? :mad:

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I am sad to say that I am not surprised at all. It's been dragging on for too long and it was obvious something was wrong.

Yeah, something was wrong and it's spelled B-A-T-E-S.

Well I can't wait to hear the details about all this. The YEP are reporting that Harvey flew out to Monaco yesterday to Bates to get it pushed through.

Warnock has transfer listed Pugh and Rogers, obviously trying to get money in to fund a striker.

JokerD wrote: »

Warnock has transfer listed Pugh and Rogers, obviously trying to get money in to fund a striker.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20120809/duo-placed-on-transfer-list_2247585_2876205

......and they join Paynter,Nunez,Connolly & Rachubka. It'll be hard to shift some of those dogs in this market.

@TheSquareBall
    Buyers tell @APOPEY that they will come back to the table if originally agreed terms are met. Ken moved goalposts at last minute. #lufc

I just can't believe this, what is there to gain by staying, the possibility of promotion?

If we've money trouble then this is the answer, Bates will make millions by selling and the club can progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

@TheSquareBall
    Buyers tell @APOPEY that they will come back to the table if originally agreed terms are met. Ken moved goalposts at last minute. #lufc

I just can't believe this, what is there to gain by staying, the possibility of promotion?

If we've money trouble then this is the answer, Bates will make millions by selling and the club can progress.

Of course he did. I'd love to know what changed and by how much. I doubt we have money troubles, more like Bates decided he wanted more for his share or the like

• Advertisement

Knowing Bates, he probably wanted to retain a percentage of the club in order to benefit if we went up.

punk77 wrote: »
    Knowing Bates, he probably wanted to retain a percentage of the club in order to benefit if we went up.

Do you believe his position is now untenable? The backlash from this is will be hard to survive if these details are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

God I hate bates... So much....

Do you believe his position is now untenable? The backlash from this is will be hard to survive if these details are true.

There is a lot of anger out there at the moment and it's growing by the minute but tbh I don't think bates gives a damn and it will probably make him even more entrenched. My one hope is that it doesn't spill over onto the squad and Warnock can get on with what he does best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im speechless now. Id get a ban if I started ranting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

icing on the cake my bollix.
    we're going to end up with the fcuking freebies and unwanted as our main men again.

at least Pugh has been put on the transfer list.

so where the hell do we go from here?
    start boycotting games?
    protesting outside Elland Road?

that's going to make it very tough on the new players but it might be a necessary evil to remove that arsehole.

im not saying there's no point in protesting, as something has to be done, but it wont make a blind bit of difference. this is the first time that someone has actually been serious about buying and he esentially said no.

who else will bother going through the due dilligence now, only to be told in a month that the goal posts have changed?
    he must think a sheik or oil billionaire is gonna come in for us, but thats unlikely.

I wont be going over or giving a single penny to the regime until he's gone. no more jerseys, no more membership, not going over etc.

people on twitter saying that should boycott games and while right in theory, it will hurt NW and the team in the long run.

So any optimism we had for this season, its all gone. the money we spent is the snodgrass money.
    and not a chance mccormack will sign a new deal now. so its either sell him now and leave us with no strikers, or let him go for nothing next summer

:(

event wrote: »
    im not saying there's no point in protesting, as something has to be done, but it wont make a blind bit of difference. this is the first time that someone has actually been serious about buying and he esentially said no.

who else will bother going through the due dilligence now, only to be told in a month that the goal posts have changed?
    he must think a sheik or oil billionaire is gonna come in for us, but thats unlikely.

I wont be going over or giving a single penny to the regime until he's gone. no more jerseys, no more membership, not going over etc.

people on twitter saying that should boycott games and while right in theory, it will hurt NW and the team in the long run.

So any optimism we had for this season, its all gone. the money we spent is the snodgrass money.
    and not a chance mccormack will sign a new deal now. so its either sell him now and leave us with no strikers, or let him go for nothing next summer

:(

Something needs doing, we're at a crossroads here, hopefully this will force Bates' hand aand he'll see sense eventually. Bemuses how he can think this can end well now.

I'm actually kind of surprised that this announcement has leaked with 3 weeks left in the transfer window.
    would have been more like bates style to fcuk things up on deadline day.

then again, I suppose it doesn't matter a damn as we won't be signing anyone anyway.

As you said, McCormack will be on his bike now.
    That leaves us with a strike force of Becchio, Andy fcuking Gray, Luke fcuking Varney (sorry, he's snoddy's replacement :D) and David Somma who we don't even know when he'll be back and how he'll be.

how much can we scrape together for Rodgers and Pugh?
    not a lot I'd wager.
    Maybe $500k if we're lucky.

bates will take his cut from this so we'll have about $250k to spend on a striker.
    That also rules out any wide players.

Sanches Watt anyone???:(

the club are a fcuking joke.

saying Bates will see sense, i doubt it. he just doesnt give a fúck

Gary Cooper............

"the deal actually stalled about three weeks ago or more specifically mr bates did, the buyers have spent the time since trying to push the deal through, they did so until this morning when it was made clear to them the seller was now unwilling, thats when the deal collapsed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Only option left is for Bates to be physically removed and beheaded in the middle of Elland Road.

I'd buy a ticket for that.
    It's the only money I'll put back into the club until he or his head is removed.

Only option left is for Bates to be physically removed and beheaded in the middle of Elland Road.

You'd never get the stain out and the grass would never grow on that spot again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Im so angry right now. If I was to say what I really thought Id get a lifetime ban.
    Plse do not put one penny back into this club until he is gone not one. Id sacrifice promotion to see this cancer that has been festering in our club gone.

BATES OUT :mad: Please for the love of god BATES OUT

• Advertisement

Don't know how true this is....

According to BBC Look North the takeover isnt completely dead, the potential new owners are going to make a 2nd bid #LUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Don't know how true this is....

According to BBC Look North the takeover isnt completely dead, the potential new owners are going to make a 2nd bid #LUFC

Dont do this to me:o

I don't think we'll have to sacrifice promotion this season.

with the team we have it's going to be pretty impossible to get promoted.
    If we don't get investment then we're dead in the water.

We should shore up the defence but our midfield and attack is going to be very poor.

this is our strongest team at the moment (I'm going to assume that McCormack will be sold)

Becchio

White Green Varney

Norris Austin

Drury Pearse Lees Peltier

Kenny

Subs:
    Ashdown
    Kisnorbo
    Brown
    Gray
    Somma?

That in my opinion is not a team that has any hope of getting promoted.

A club statement...
    Leeds United ('The Club') announces that the exclusivity period granted to a potential investor as mentioned in the statement of 26 June has ended.
    The Club remain happy to continue discussions, but not on an exclusive basis, so as not to prevent other options passing.
    The first priority must be to ensure that the credibility of any future investor or ultimate owner is such, that the Leeds legacy and its future is in safe hands, back in the Premiership.
    The Club will continue to be receptive to approaches from potential new partners who can establish that they have the necessary credentials.
    Meanwhile, it is encouraging that there is a new spirit at the club under the management of Neil Warnock and his ten new signings.

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP
    A legal contact of mine says he still believes there's a deal to be done between this consortium and #lufc. Deal not dead but v precarious

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP
    The same contact claims the terms of the sale changed at the last minute. Says the buyers are ready to go ahead on the original terms #lufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

A club statement...
    Leeds United ('The Club') announces that the exclusivity period granted to a potential investor as mentioned in the statement of 26 June has ended.
    The Club remain happy to continue discussions, but not on an exclusive basis, so as not to prevent other options passing.
    The first priority must be to ensure that the credibility of any future investor or ultimate owner is such, that the Leeds legacy and its future is in safe hands, back in the Premiership.
    The Club will continue to be receptive to approaches from potential new partners who can establish that they have the necessary credentials.
    Meanwhile, it is encouraging that there is a new spirit at the club under the management of Neil Warnock and his ten new signings.

That's interesting. Maybe Bates heard on the sly that some other group are interested in buying and he just held out until the exclusivity period ended?

i doubt it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mushy wrote: »
    Im speechless now. Id get a ban if I started ranting.

So would I. :S

The Square Ball ‏@TheSquareBall

This deal was dead in the water but I suspect Shaun Harvey has just chucked it a lifeline. #lufc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Just in and seeing this now, I despair.

I'd almost love to see Warnock walk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement