Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Luciano! Writing his name into the history books :-)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Where is Kenny?

He's on the bench. Ashdown has been getting a run in the League Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Zaph wrote: »
    He's on the bench. Ashdown has been getting a run in the League Cup.

But wasn't Kenny in goal against Everton?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

But wasn't Kenny in goal against Everton?

No, Kenny was only in goal for the first round against Shrewsbury. Ashdown has been in goal for each round since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Boo-urns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

boo-urns x5

some shocking keeping and fantastic ball watching by Peltier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Chelsea please stop scoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

That went downhill fast. Good performance up until the 3rd Chelsea goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

I think we should stay in this division after watching that. If we got up we'd be straight back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Big bonus from tonight, Somma on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

That was never a 5-1 game. Proud of our lads except Peltier. The false no.3 continues to be an Achilles heel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

I think we should stay in this division after watching that. If we got up we'd be straight back down.

If we get up we will have to invest heavily in our squad. Anyway it would be much more lucrative to get promoted, followed by relegation than to stay in the Championship.

Jaysus will you settle down !! We would hardly have the same team in fairness !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Good first half, shame the lads couldn't keep it up for the 90. Anyway, time to concentrate fully on the league. MOT !

Magill wrote: »
    Good first half, shame the lads couldn't keep it up for the 90. Anyway, time to concentrate fully on the league. MOT !

Agreed. The scoreline was a bit unfair over the 90mins but the main thing is to pick ourselves up for Saturday. Beat 'Boro and this will be forgotten.

Oh yea, and hopefully the T/O will be finalised by then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I really thought we could do it. I dragged my non-football friend to the pub to watch this.
    I know we deserved better but it was still a bit embarrassing.

but the pints and wings were nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I thought that was a decent performance - plenty of heart and determination and some nice football at times - the goal was an example of that. Ironically I thought we had a much more comfortable start to the second half than the first and yet conceded the all important equaliser when not looking in any real danger. After that, it was always going to be a struggle.

We are what we are - a mid table Championship team, built on a shoestring, trying to battle it out with multi millionaires. Matches like tonight do though remind me that Leeds and Chelsea were in very similiar predicaments until Abramovic (sp?) came into town - pity he hadn't thrown his riches at West Yorkshire.

For all the build up and excitement of tonight, there's a more important match this week-end. Plenty still to be optimistic about!!

David Haigh ‏@haighdavid
    Shame not to win last night but lots of excitement to look forward to. Will reveal all asap #LUFC #MOT

We should f*ckng hope so. I thought we were gone past all these cryptic teasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Press Conference called for tomorrow

• Advertisement

JokerD wrote: »
    Press Conference called for tomorrow

11 am. Beats another poxy joint statement anyway.

Hopefully this means it's all done and dusted and there are no more stages to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

They could top it off by announcing a signing as well. Tonge or Tate would be realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

in case no one knows, we are live on Sky Sports 1 at 12:00 on the 26th December (KO 12:15)

Good way to kick off the day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

event wrote: »
    in case no one knows, we are live on Sky Sports 1 at 12:00 on the 26th December (KO 12:15)

Good way to kick off the day :D

Not when some people have work.

ah sickener :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

blaa85 wrote: »
    They could top it off by announcing a signing as well. Tonge or Tate would be realistic.

Really think we could do better than Tongue tbh. What if we went up ? Sometimes it's worth paying a bit extra to get that bit extra class - who are also capable of playing in the Prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

championc wrote: »
    Really think we could do better than Tongue tbh. What if we went up ? Sometimes it's worth paying a bit extra to get that bit extra class - who are also capable of playing in the Prem.

we need 4 premier class players not only to get there but to stay there.

Where do we find premier class players (not on loan) to drop down to us and where do we find premier class players already in the championship willing to come to us?

Takeover confirmed.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20121221/a-new-dawn-for-leeds-united_2247585_3015619
    Leeds United was today on the brink of a new era with new owners set to be formally announced at a morning press conference.

Dubai-based GFH Capital Limited will be formally unveiled as the club's new owners.

GFH capital executive David Haigh joined the Leeds United board of directors earlier this month and he is being joined by fellow GFH Capital executives Salem Patel and Hisham Alrayes.

"We are delighted, but also honoured and proud to be the new owners of Leeds United Football Club," said David Haigh.

"We have had over 4,000 e-mails of support from fans and we have been overwhelmed by the reaction.

"Everyone we have spoken to in the city has been fantastic, and the atmosphere on Wednesday night was incredible, and we look forward to bringing more of the same to Elland Road."

Salem Patel said: "We're looking forward to a bright future. This is a fresh start for the football club, and we welcome fans both old and new to Elland Road."

The pair added: "From a business point of view this is an exciting investment and it is also exciting for GFH Capital and we look forward to Marching On Together."

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgraHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5seS9waG90b3Mvbm9ybWFsLzFobnVXLmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=60oAo94HlIsIHHR5iEotgIJx65qP4eTcjIdmoSAZTAk

Summary of Press Conferance from https://twitter.com/LUFC :

LUFC Official ‏@LUFC
    Salen Patel: "Leeds United is a great football club with a fantastic pedigree." #lufc

SP: "Wednesday was fantastic and we want to create a sustainable future." #lufc

David Haigh: "We want to re-engage with fans and the community. That's important to us." #lufc

SP: "Any owner has the dream of going into the Premier League." #lufc

DH: "We want to interact with fans. We've had over 4,000 emails and interacted on Twitter." #lufc

SP: "The transfer window opens in January. Neil has stated what he wants and we'll do our best." #lufc

SH on why chairman isn't at Press Conference. "This is about the future." SP thanked Ken and Suzannah Bates for "helping to complete." #lufc

SP on buying back ER. "Any club would love to own its own stadium. It is part of our plans, but we're not putting a timescale on it." #lufc

DH "The way to move forward is to strengthen what is already there." #lufc

DH reveals that Half Season Tickets will be launched with full details this weekend. #lufc

SP: "We looked at the quality of the staff and the management, the people behind the scenes...and our experience has been fantastic."

DH: "There is a dedicated team of loyal people here and that attracted us." #lufc

SP on next chairman. "We haven't decided who will be chairman in six months time. Hopefully it will be someone to take us forward." lufc

DH: "Deciding who is going to sit in the directors box isn't a priority at this stage." #lufc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

"Countdown to Kickoff" programme on Yorkshire Radio at 18:00 tonight would be worth a listen. They played the Press Conference in full at 13:00. I use TuneIn app on android all the time.

So the Mayans were right after all. The (Bates) world HAS ended :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

punk77 wrote: »
    So the Mayans were right after all. The (Bates) world HAS ended :pac:

Not a ,moment too soon. :D

Just watched on SS News that David Healy was our most expensive player since 2004 at £2.75m.The total spend on players was a paltry £20.1m. No wonder we can never get out of the C'ship:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Not a ,moment too soon. :D

Just watched on SS News that David Healy was our most expensive player since 2004 at £2.75m.The total spend on players was a paltry £20.1m. No wonder we can never get out of the C'ship:(.

We did get out of the championship ;)

We did get out of the championship ;)
    When? In all my times going EL, I can only remember us getting thumped 1-4 by Gooners & Thierry Henry while in EPL. That was pre MasterBates. FFS we've never been higher since then:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

When? In all my times going EL, I can only remember us getting thumped 1-4 by Gooners & Thierry Henry while in EPL. That was pre MasterBates. FFS we've never been higher since then:mad:

Ye went to league 1 :)

Good man. With contributions like that we'll get somewhere soon:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I think you may have missed the joke. We did get out of the championship. It was the wrong way though

Good man. With contributions like that we'll get somewhere soon:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Take a joke there pal , humour police out in force I see

Take a joke there pal , humour police out in force I see

Of course I see the eeeemmmm joke;). But then we've been a joke of a club over the last decade.:D

• Advertisement

Of course I see the eeeemmmm joke;). But then we've been a joke of a club over the last decade.:D

We can now consign the last 8yrs under the Bates regime to the bin of history, never to be retrieved. We have wanted for so long to be free of the shackles of this leech and now he's gone, never to return. Oh Happy Days :D:D:D

Time now to look forward to a better future and, hopefully, a bright WHITE future. Insha'Allah :D

Even if GFHC are not to be the long-term owners of our club, it will now be much easier for some wealthier individual to do business with them rather than with the previous owner (whose name escapes me atm) :D

Leeds team:

Kenny, Byram, Tate, Lees, Peltier, Green, Norris, Tonge, Thomas, Becchio, Diouf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

mmmmm not feeling too optimistic today. but maybe leeds will surprise me. :P

Bench:

Ashdown, Pearce, Varney, White, Brown, Somma, McCormack

1-1 Half time, Becchio with a cracker just before HT

Somma Time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Messi19 wrote: »
    Somma Time!!!

I thought ya meant he scored!