Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water - bang, takeover talk again. I don't think I could handle another year of rumours and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Zaph wrote: »
    Just putting my admin hat on for a minute to remind everyone that thanks to Mr. Sherlock we're not permitted to copy and paste entire articles into threads. Posting a paragraph or two and then a link to the article is fine, but posting the entire article, especially if there's no link included is not. Thanks.

Is SOPA not dead in the water?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Until otherwise advised, we still need to take into account that reproducing copyrighted material could cause Boards problems, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Reading looking to snap up Adkins :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Hijpo wrote: »
    Reading looking to snap up Adkins :rolleyes:

You would think Adkins would've been high on a list of candidates and if we really wanted him we should've moved already as the play offs look a long way off and Warnock will be leaving anyway.

The whole investment thing better not run and run and hinder our chances of being progressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

so adkins gone to reading.
    They got permission to speak to poyet, did they say no or did anyone hear what happened?

EDIT: just read this on the Guardian
    Poyet declined the opportunity to swap Brighton for Reading, largely because of his belief that, if he were unable to keep the club in the Premier League, he would have a relegation on his CV, although the demotion would not have been his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

10% of club sold to another Investment Bank in the Middle East..

@LUFC: BREAKING...GFH Capital has unveiled its first move in long-term investment strategy http://t.co/OE0zSHPHTt #lufc

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I fail to see how this will make much of a difference. All this means is that GFH recoups some of the cost of their investment, and unless they intend to put every penny they got from IIB into a transfer kitty then where's the money going to go to? It'll probably be used to shore up the balance sheet of the parent company imo. As for IIB, do we really need another bank as a shareholder? The main purpose of a bank is to make money, and football clubs generally don't do that. I'd have much rather seen Adam Pearson coming on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Zaph wrote: »
    I fail to see how this will make much of a difference. All this means is that GFH recoups some of the cost of their investment, and unless they intend to put every penny they got from IIB into a transfer kitty then where's the money going to go to? It'll probably be used to shore up the balance sheet of the parent company imo. As for IIB, do we really need another bank as a shareholder? The main purpose of a bank is to make money, and football clubs generally don't do that. I'd have much rather seen Adam Pearson coming on board.

+1 Zaph. So now we have two investment banks on board, both looking for a return on their investment, great! Definitely would much rather a backer such as Pearson taking over than these banks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

agree completely.
    so they've valued the club at what 40-50 million, a 10% share is 4-5 million.
    there isn't a hope they would put all of that money towards investing in the squad.

is their plan to carve up the club into 10% pieces and get money invested in dribs and drabs?

not too pleased with this "strategic investment"
    sounds to me like they don't have the money to keep the club running and needed to sell a stake just to make sure we're able to keep the canteen stocked with Tetley.

Agreed. This is not going to make any difference to the funds available to strengthen the team.
    10% = 3 or 4mil max and it won't be long before this is eaten up by the day to day running of the club. If GFH-C persist in selling the club off piece-meal then it will be a return to the mess of the Bates era and consequently make any full take-over more complicated.
    This smacks of a 'Dragon's Den' scenario and, imo, this is bad news for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

punk77 wrote: »
    Agreed. This is not going to make any difference to the funds available to strengthen the team.
    10% = 3 or 4mil max and it won't be long before this is eaten up by the day to day running of the club. If GFH-C persist in selling the club off piece-meal then it will be a return to the mess of the Bates era and consequently make any full take-over more complicated.
    This smacks of a 'Dragon's Den' scenario and, imo, this is bad news for the club.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard the news. Not happy at all with this.

Today's team vs Ipswich :

Kenny, Byram, Lees, Peltier, Warnock, Brown, Tonge, Norris, Green, Morison, Varney.

Subs : Ashdown, White, McCormack, Habibou, Pearce, Austin, Dawson.

From OS :
    Richard Naylor's Under-18s were crowned League Champions on Saturday after hammering seven past closest rivals Nottingham Forest.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20130330/we-are-the-champions_2247585_3126726

Big up to Naylor and the young lads. Well done to all. MOT.

Down to ten. Lees sent off after a straight red :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

From OS :

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20130330/we-are-the-champions_2247585_3126726

Big up to Naylor and the young lads. Well done to all. MOT.

Great stuff, some real future prospects for Norwich there.

quarryman wrote: »
    Great stuff, some real future prospects for Norwich there.

Feckin' cynic :D

1 down, stoppage time again :mad:

1-0 to Ipswich.

• Advertisement

should have been a penalty to Ipswich 2 minutes before the goal.

will this season ever end?

morison is having a nightmare too

i've lost count of the times Eddie Gray has said how bad Ipswich's defending has been and we're 2-0 down :confused:

will this season ever end?

Know that feelin'. I'm starting to believe we won't even make the playoffs now :pac:

well I got my answer.
    season over in 20 minutes.

3-0 down to fecking Ipswich.

F*CK OFF WARNOCK:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Pathetic. A poor Ipswitch and we can't put them away. Forget about 10 men - how often does a 10 man team turn over 11 ? It happens when a team are hungry enough for a win.

And another perfect opportunity to close in on those above us - thrown away.

Warnock pre match interview going on about the major restructuring he did. He's no better than Simon - he just TALKS a better game. Wait for the post match interview blaming the sending off etc, etc, etc......

he's a lot worse that Grayson.
    i gave Grayson grief over not being able to get the defense sorted out.

but at least we played decent football and scored goals.
    under this clown we're absolutely brutal.

we're only 7 points away from being in the relegation places with the same goal difference as Peterborough and Wolves.
    2 teams that are getting great results today.

I'm seriously starting to worry about getting dragged into a fight for survival.
    Tom Lees is our best center back, he's going to miss a couple of games now.

there's no fight left in the players, Warnock has more or less been gone from the club for about a month.
    The behind the scenes debacle is rolling on.
    it all points to disaster.

restructured the club.
    the only players this season who have been better than last season are Byram and.............?

great job Colin.

At least Warnock is saying his intentions, he's said he'll leave at any given moment now and even help with the hunt for a new manager. I'm very surprised that a formal approach for Adkins wasn't made, not that there isn't other good candidates about but the man is in the top echelons of Championship managers.
    Warnock said he spoke to him and Adkins was "definitely interested" but yet as far as we know, no approach from GFH. Do they have someone else in mind?

In one sense you can't rush an appointment but I believe it's imperative to have a new manager in to assess the squad now and not pre-season. This is obvious for anyone from the outside looking in.

The investment search can't interfere with a managerial appointment but then again any new manager will want to know the extent of which they'll be backed. I just hope the uncertainty of the ownership won't affect a managerial appointment or transfer activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

What has happened to Jason Pearce?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Martin O'Neill sacked by Sunderland....does he have a promotion left in him??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

JokerD wrote: »
    At least Warnock is saying his intentions, he's said he'll leave at any given moment now and even help with the hunt for a new manager. I'm very surprised that a formal approach for Adkins wasn't made, not that there isn't other good candidates about but the man is in the top echelons of Championship managers.
    Warnock said he spoke to him and Adkins was "definitely interested" but yet as far as we know, no approach from GFH. Do they have someone else in mind?

In one sense you can't rush an appointment but I believe it's imperative to have a new manager in to assess the squad now and not pre-season. This is obvious for anyone from the outside looking in.

The investment search can't interfere with a managerial appointment but then again any new manager will want to know the extent of which they'll be backed. I just hope the uncertainty of the ownership won't affect a managerial appointment or transfer activity.

why doesnt he leave now then?
    He is pandering to the fans is all.
    GFH wont move until the summer. They wont spend a penny it seems and if they let him go, would have to pay up his contract and get someone in now. they'll wait until the summer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Richard Naylor would be available now that his U-18's have won their League. Perfect GFH option since zero extra cost. Would be interesting as a Caretaker Manager.

event wrote: »
    why doesnt he leave now then?
    He is pandering to the fans is all.
    GFH wont move until the summer. They wont spend a penny it seems and if they let him go, would have to pay up his contract and get someone in now. they'll wait until the summer :(

He won't leave now as he has said all along he'll stay as long as he's needed and if that's until the end of the season, so be it .At this staage now, unless it's the new permanent manager coming in, is there any point in him leaving? I know we're closer to relegation than we are to play-offs but we should be safe.

A new manager needs to see the players in competitive matches asap to assess the squad appropiately. I personally just think that it's obvious this should happen, the money they have to fork out to pay off the contract could be well worth it, if it means a new manager can get a head start.

I know any new manager can watch DVD's of the old games but that's not as good as being there imo.

championc wrote: »
    Richard Naylor would be available now that his U-18's have won their League. Perfect GFH option since zero extra cost. Would be interesting as a Caretaker Manager.

Problem there is that it would be very short term as I'm sure I read somewhere that Naylor doesn't want to go into senior management.

• Advertisement

April Fool's day isn't 'til tomorrow ;)

A lot of fans wanted DiCanio for us, will be interesting to see who we finally approach.

I liked the sound of McDermott on Goals On Sunday this morning, seems to have a lot of passion for a new challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

The man makes a living from getting sacked, exactly the kind of mistake we'd make

• Advertisement

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/hughes-emerges-as-frontrunner-for-leeds-united-job-1-5541379?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

YEP now talking about Hughes,

also from the end of that article;
    Parkin, who spent last week in Dubai, is understood to have agreed the terms of the purchase of a majority and controlling interest in Leeds but the deal is subject to ongoing due diligence and far from a formality.

Time to get concerned about relegation? Only 5 points from the drop as it stands.

Kenny, Byram, Pearce,Peltier, Warnock, Green, Austin, Dawson, Diouf, Morison, Varney

First start for Dawson, looking forward to seeing him play.

i hope we've finally seen the last of brown.
    apparently he was awful on Saturday.

I don't think the players at the club have the stomach for a relegation scrap so if we do lose today I think we're in real trouble.

if we stay up how many of them will be wanted by a new manager?
    Kenny
    Byram
    Warnock
    Lees
    White?
    Morison
    McCormack?

Forest and Leicester both losing.
    if we had sorted ourselves out over the last 6 weeks we'd be almost guaranteed a playoff spot, it's so frustrating seeing all the teams above us screw up and we don't take advantage.
    it's almost like they're taunting us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ha! Looks like we'll be up to 8 with a win and 5 points adrift. :rolleyes:

forest with a 95th minute penalty. :(

Forest and Leicester both losing.
    if we had sorted ourselves out over the last 6 weeks we'd be almost guaranteed a playoff spot, it's so frustrating seeing all the teams above us screw up and we don't take advantage.
    it's almost like they're taunting us.

I'm now sick of looking at this season with that view, I've accepted we've had chances, didn't take them so we deserve to be where we are now.

This season is far from over but for a different reason than we had all hoped for. Should we contrive to lose today then the next few weeks are gonna be hell. Squeaky bum time is fast approaching.
    C'mon Leeds FFS!!!!!

Morison has been poor again today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement