Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Get in there!!! 1-0 Ross :D Blow it up now ref, pleaseeeeee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

what a goal!
    great corner, fantastic touch from Green and a wonderful finish by McCormack

FFS pearse.....penalty.
    idiot

jesus christ.

hit the post and the leeds lads slow to react.
    fcuking wasters

Ah fu*kity, fu*k:mad: 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

The joys of supporting Leeds :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Morison has been poor again today.

He's a ****ing donkey.
    How he gets in ahead of McCormack ill never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Maybe now warnock will insist he goes

Ah feckin' good night! 1-2 :mad:

• Advertisement

Rudolph is another donkey....trying a volley from 40 yards out when we're 2-1 down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dreadful first half, lively second half , and dreadful result. Warnie Out:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Aaaagh

JokerD wrote: »
    He won't leave now as he has said all along he'll stay as long as he's needed and if that's until the end of the season, so be it .At this staage now, unless it's the new permanent manager coming in, is there any point in him leaving? I know we're closer to relegation than we are to play-offs but we should be safe.

He needs to go now, especially after that disgrace today.

if the manager doesn't have the stomach for a fight and has been resigned to leaving for the last month why the hell should the players?

as soon as he said he was willing to walk away he should have been booted out of the club.

what other club would stand for that?

3 points from last 18 is a disgrace, he shouldn't be allowed walk.
    he should be kicked as hard and as far from Elland Road as possible.

since February:
    played 11
    2 wins
    5 draws
    5 losses.

what a fu*king idiot I was to get depressed about not taking our chances over the last few games when we were 1 up.
    should have known to wait for us to lose.

we're heading for League 1.
    the teams on 47 points have started to pick up a bit of form and actually know they are playing for survival.
    I'd say it hasn't even entered the heads of the Leeds players yet.
    soon it'll be too late.
    there's only one or 2 lads at the club that I'd back to win a 50/50 ball or put their neck on the line.

and yeah, the teams on 47 points have a game in hand over us.
    they should all probably lose that game but knowing this league we'll see a couple of wins.
    then we're 2 points above relegation!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Can people see it getting much better at the minute? This investment issue you can just see dragging, we can't afford to have an off season of uncertainty.

Warnock said last night that GFH "don't really know a lot about football if I'm honest"

Who is going to choose the next manager?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The rate we're going we'll soon be pining for the good old days under Ken Bates. :(

event wrote: »
    He needs to go now, especially after that disgrace today.

Warnock has said time and time again that no one could get anymore from this group than he has so from his point of view, he's doing the best from what he has.

It's up to the owners to move for next season, we need to start planning asap. Look at Sunderland, new manager within a day. GFH must MUST have been talking to managers the past while as it's such a crucial decision, their first major one and it's been looking inevitable for a while that we wouldn't make the play-offs.

I don't like abusing managers and in our situation I doubt it's been ideal behind the scenes for Warnock but he's leaving at the end of the season and a new manager needs time to assess the squad.

i think it's a lot more serious.

i think everyone would agree that GFH haven't a penny or any interest in the club other than to make a quick buck.

the way we're going we will be relegated.
    best case scenario if we are relegated is no investment, just survival as a club.
    attendances will drop to 10,000-12,000.

worst case scenario is administration and folding as a club.

i think it's a lot more serious.

i think everyone would agree that GFH haven't a penny or any interest in the club other than to make a quick buck.

the way we're going we will be relegated.
    best case scenario if we are relegated is no investment, just survival as a club.
    attendances will drop to 10,000-12,000.

worst case scenario is administration and folding as a club.

GFH have done some good things in fairness but if they can't fund us themselves then hopefully the investment talks won't drag out.

• Advertisement

#lufc N Warnock hammers officials after 2 1 defeat to Derby. Admits play offs are gone but refuses to walk away from the job

#lufc N Warnock also admits he is not sure if he will be in charge for Charlton match. Says he is talking to owners all the time

#lufc N Warnock reckons if GFHC had a permanent successor sorted he would have expected him to be in place by now.

he should hammer Jason Pearce.
    fell over when their striker placed his hand on Pearce's chest then committed a stupid foul for the penalty.
    should hammer his players for not following up on the penalty.

i'm sick to the back teeth of his excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

just got match report from my dad there, as I was on the train back to Dub.

absolute rubbish by all accounts, bar perhaps the McCormack goal. Dear god what are we going to do?

Warnock just said that GFH should get someone in on temporary charge now and look to the future.

Also said he doesn't think he'll be in charge for Charlton.

Just got a text from my family member in UK. Warnock has said on radio(don't know which one) that he's leaving this week.:)

Just got a text from my family member in UK. Warnock has said on radio(don't know which one) that he's leaving this week.:)

Yep just put it in the previous post, was on YR;

Phil HayPhilHayYEP11m
    Warnock says he doesn't expect to be in charge for Charlton away. #lufc

Phil HayPhilHayYEP13m
    Warnock on Yorkshire Radio says #lufc should appoint temporary replacement for him until the end of the season.

goodbye and good ridance

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP1m
    Warnock in his press conference says #lufc should appoint Neil Redfearn with Gwyn Williams assisting him until the end of the season.

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP1m
    Warnock hasn't resigned but he's due to speak to GFH C's David Haigh and Salem Patel shortly. He'll advise them to put NR and GW in charge

Again though he doesn't "expect" to be there and the club "should" appoint someone.

Why doesn't he resign and force it?
    He'll still be there imo

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP1m
    Warnock thinks it would be the right decision to keep him on but says it's impossible for him to stay on with so many fans against him #lufc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

He's gone. Thank f**k!

yipee!! :D:D:D

"We would also like to thank Mick Jones and Ronnie Jepson, who will leave the club with Neil, for all their hard work since coming to the club."

can Peltier, Pearce, Austin, Norris, Tonge, Diouf, and Varney also please leave the club with Neil.

Reading the statement, it sounds like we could be waiting on someone, wonder if it's Poyet if Brighton don't get promoted?

WOOHOO:D:D:D. Mr O'Neill, please:).

WOOHOO:D:D:D. Mr O'Neill, please:).

Christ no.
    I reckon they'll approach mcdermott, cheap option

ill hold out hope its Poyet

'I would love to go back to Leeds because they know how much I care for the club and how much I will give the club. Same with Arsenal. The only thing is I need to be ready.'

Poyet from this article;
    http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=306333

i think nobody will be appointed until after this season ends / we're mathematically safe / relegated.

A) don't think a manager will take the reigns with the chance that he could end up being relegated
    B) don't think Leeds are an attractive proposition if there's a fear that they could be in League 1 next season.
    C) don't think the board would want to be stuck paying a championship manager's wage if they end up in league 1.

i think nobody will be appointed until after this season ends / we're mathematically safe / relegated.

A) don't think a manager will take the reigns with the chance that he could end up being relegated
    B) don't think Leeds are an attractive proposition if there's a fear that they could be in League 1 next season.
    C) don't think the board would want to be stuck paying a championship manager's wage if they end up in league 1.

Problem here could also be the fact that who picks the manager? If Parkin is close to getting a majority stake then he'll need to be involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Poyet was the brains of the operation when Wise was in charge. However, he's not exactly setting Brighton alight with his results. They've had a huge number of draws since Christmas.

McDermott for me or else Naylor.

Pity for Dawson for his debut to be overshadowed. Will need to learn a whole new level of physicality though

championc wrote: »
    Poyet was the brains of the operation when Wise was in charge. However, he's not exactly setting Brighton alight with his results. They've had a huge number of draws since Christmas.

McDermott for me or else Naylor.

Pity for Dawson for his debut to be overshadowed. Will need to learn a whole new level of physicality though

he's done well with brighton. won League 1, stabilized them and has them up near the playoffs now.
    They play nice football too.

Dunno about Naylor, he needs more experience imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

People are coming on here and tumbling over each other in an effort to put the boot into Warnock. As someone who has defended him in the past, I'll hold my hands up and say that due to events both on and off the pitch, his position in my opinion has - regrettably - now become untenable.

I have a question though - since we lost to relegation strugglers Ipswich Town, I have heard little or no mention of our centre half Tom Lees.

Just for the record, Tom Lees is a player who has been represented at international level - Tom Lees committed an appalling challenge on an Ipswich Town player for which he was rightly - in my opinion - awarded a red card. This red card changed the context of our match against Ipswich Town to the effect that we ended up losing a match that we were dominating, 3-0.

My question - why has nobody chosen to mention Tom Lees in this context?

I did ask the question as to jow many times in the past we were beaten by a team down to ten men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

What is people's problem with O'Neill, he has been extremely successful with some very limited teams, exactly what Leeds are.
    It just boggles the mind to why people think he is not good enough for Leeds, he is probably way out of our league if anything, the success he has had over the past 20 years has been impressive and he has always brought enthusiasm and passion, something the club needs.
    McDermott would be fine also but I wouldn't be getting too carried away about him

People are coming on here and tumbling over each other in an effort to put the boot into Warnock. As someone who has defended him in the past, I'll hold my hands up and say that due to events both on and off the pitch, his position in my opinion has - regrettably - now become untenable.

I have a question though - since we lost to relegation strugglers Ipswich Town, I have heard little or no mention of our centre half Tom Lees.

Just for the record, Tom Lees is a player who has been represented at international level - Tom Lees committed an appalling challenge on an Ipswich Town player for which he was rightly - in my opinion - awarded a red card. This red card changed the context of our match against Ipswich Town to the effect that we ended up losing a match that we were dominating, 3-0.

My question - why has nobody chosen to mention Tom Lees in this context?

I dont get you, mention him how?
    Warnock did not get sacked because of that one defeat. our 22 year old centre half made an awful tackle and got sent off for it.
    What do you want us to do, lambast him here and slate him?
    He got a red for a shocking tackle. I'll bet he'll do it again in some point in his career too.
    What is people's problem with O'Neill, he has been extremely successful with some very limited teams, exactly what Leeds are.
    It just boggles the mind to why people think he is not good enough for Leeds, he is probably way out of our league if anything, the success he has had over the past 20 years has been impressive and he has always brought enthusiasm and passion, something the club needs.
    McDermott would be fine also but I wouldn't be getting too carried away about him

For me he's good enough (MON), no doubt about that. I just dont like his style. I wouldnt be disgusted if he got it or anything, but he wouldnt be my first choice

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    I dont get you, mention him how?
    Warnock did not get sacked because of that one defeat. our 22 year old centre half made an awful tackle and got sent off for it.
    What do you want us to do, lambast him here and slate him?
    He got a red for a shocking tackle. I'll bet he'll do it again in some point in his career too.

I get a sense that your answer is evidence of what I was getting at - blame the manager in every instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I get a sense that your answer is evidence of what I was getting at - blame the manager in every instance.

We're not a one player team. Meaning that the loss of Lees should not mean that our form should slip so dramatically.

I've got no idea what the current owners were hoping for as part of taking over the club. Possibly that Warnock could somehow get us promoted without them having to shell out a decent amount of money.

ah right, brilliant.

You could look to the fact that after the red card he played 4-3-2, which resulted in us losing the battle in midfield and the game.
    I dont explicitely blame warnock for saturday, Lees has to shoulder some of it.
    But Warnock can blame no one else for him getting the boot. Awful tactics, sticking by players that just not up to it, continuously blaming everyone else.

Mezcita wrote: »
    We're not a one player team. Meaning that the loss of Lees should not mean that our form should slip so dramatically.

Of course not - and indeed the loss of that one game is but one instance of that form.

What I was getting at was that there is an obsession that it is only the manager - the players also have to take a share of the blame for their performances (and Lees high profile error was one instance of that - an instance that appears to have passed by here with little in the way of comment) whilst the circus that is going on at Board room level which has resulted in zero investment, our best players being shipped out and no-one any the wiser as to what the future holds, has effectively negated any opportunity to improve the squad.

Let me ask the question - before the last 4 games, do you all think the squad were over performing or performing to their ability? Consequentially, over the past 4 games, are they performing to their level or under performing ?

A good manager should be able to motivate a poor squad but Colin said this is HIS squad so for me, he left his motivation qualities back in Sheffield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement