Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I hope we gets a 'fans forum' sorted soon or some kind of statement from the owners again.

We're in a perilous position and need some questions answered, Redfearn has said "that it would be better for them if it (the selection of a new manager) was sooner rather than later.”

Also Wilkinson said : “All you can say is that is very, very difficult at the moment for any manager to contemplate.

“Any manager taking the job, as far as I can see, would not know who he is going to be working for.

“And that matters enormously. That is the most important relationship within the football club.

“The important line of communication in the football club is between the decision-maker or makers and the manager.

“If there’s uncertainty about first of all the people in that line or the way that line works, you are going to have a problem.”

McDermott has also said
    something along the lines of...'If I do get a Championship club they will be getting a very, very hungry manager.

"I don't know when I'll be back I don't want to put a time frame on anything. Everything needs to be right - finances need to be right; relationship with the board and the owner.'

Is it linked? Maybe, either way something needs sorting soon, rumours today that Parkin has lowered his offer for the club. Can't see much movement here until we know what league we'll be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

for feck sake.

that's unbelievable.
    this season just gets worse and worse.

Just look at Brown laughing as Charlton are about to score the winner........

brown1365280788.jpeg

......now that is downright sickening!!!! Feckin' IDIOT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

The sun are reporting that McDermott is about to be named boss.
    not my first choice but id be happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

event wrote: »
    The sun are reporting that McDermott is about to be named boss.
    not my first choice but id be happy with that

Seen that, would be happy with this, was impressed with him when he spoke on 'Goals On Sunday'. A young manager with a point to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Knowing our luck they will just ask the Brian McDermott who manages Leeds Rhinos to double job! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

SS News reporting that Leeds are in advanced talks with McDermott. Good news imo. Hope he takes over in next week. If he gets 6 or 9 points extra this season, it'll do me. I would expect a serious challenge next season, assuming McD gets some serious resources.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I would expect a serious challenge next season, assuming McD gets some serious resources.

And unfortunately that's where it could, and probably will, all go tits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Zaph wrote: »

He must be desperate for a job since taking this job would contradict what he was quoted saying earlier about "everything having to be right at the club" , the opposite of what Leeds is.

Ah, man, treat the glass as being half full:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah, man, treat the glass as being half full:D:D:D

I've been following Leeds for over 35 years. At this stage I doubt there even is a glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

I've been following Leeds for over 35 years. At this stage I doubt there even is a glass.

It'll look like glass for a week, then everyone will realise that it's only very flimsy plastic.
    Yet, we'll continue to pay for the plastic glass week in week out.

it's the leeds supporter's way:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Good article from Dom here about where he is at right now. So McDermott is in yet no official statement yet. As others have said, wasn't my first choice but given the state of the club right now it's a good appointment as we're not the most attractive option at the moment!

Comnfirmed. McDermott appointed. 3-year deal. Source - Yorkshire Radio. Roll on the premiership.

Edit:http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Home

i'm hopeful for next season.
    i just really hope we can pick up enough points to make a challenge for promotion to the premier league, not promotion back to the championship

0,,10273~11834024,00.jpg

The new gaffer and his assistant Nigel Gibbs. Welcome to Leeds, lads.

I hope we can get the immediate upturn in fortunes that usually occurs when a new manager is appointed and secure the much needed 3pts tomorrow against Wednesday. MOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Surprisingly subdued in here considering the news...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Can't see how we are going to get out of this league without spending some money. Think he's a good appointment but has his work cut out for him.

Im really happy wit him, he will so well. however, we need a serious investment. Let have a look at our squad:

Kenny - Good enough IMO.

Peltier - I dont think he's great but will give him another chance under BmcD
    Drury - Sell him
    Lees - Solid but needs more experience beside him
    Warnock - SOlid enough
    White - good player IMO, I like him.
    Pearce - Havent seen enough really.
    Byram - Very good but will need a rest next year (if not sold)
    Bromby - not good enough

For me, we need a first choice CB and cover at RB.

Byram - Lees - AN Other - warnock

Brown - Donkey
    Green - Can do a job
    Austin - Started well but I dunno. With a more creative partner might do better
    Tonge - One paced, meh.
    NOrris - havent seen enough of him
    Hall - Give him a run FFS
    Dawson - Good prospect

Green - Austin - Norris - Hall

There isnt much creativity there. Green is solid but wont do much. Hall is a gamble. Dawson will play a bit more next year but not every week. So for me we need a more creative central midfielder and a winger

McCormack - Top class at this level
    Varney - Piss off
    Diouf - Same
    Somma - was good before his injury, who knows now.
    Morison - Hasnt looked great but ill give him the benefit.

Ross - Morison

So in the summer, we need another top striker.
    So for me, we need 3 top class starters (CB, CM, ST) and two others (RB, Winger) and we need to shift a lot of dead wood.
    We wont suddenly go from a team who are only 5 clear of relegation to a team challenging for the top next year. Expect a summer of frees and loans

But ill give BMcD time, let him build a team and see where it takes us. Tbh, id even just settle for a few years of nice football at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Pleased that it's McDermott, it was either him or Kenny Jackett for me, never really gave too much thought to anybody else.

If he's not backed mind it won't matter who was appointed, the team is so poor that major change is needed. As things stand now I've got zero confidence in GFH's ability to bring the club forward but of course I hope they prove me wrong.

I'm seething that Brown has got another year, fcuking livid actually. That will be 3 years with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Tom Kirwan hit the nail on the head on the radio show last night when he said that with NW, it was all about HIM, his record promotions, his last hurrah, his team etc....

Tom then said how he liked the way BmcD used "we" so much referring to him and his new assistant NG, and their hopes and aspirations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Only tuned in to the match now, is Redfearn in the dugout or McDermott?

Ya prob know by now but BmcD is in the dug out.

AH CRAP! 0-1 :(

ah feck. 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Normal service resumes . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone watching this?

Think it's a bit quick for BMcD to make any sort of impression today. Although if he turns this around, I wonder if we'll see headlines such as 'Leeds to make late play-off surge' and the like.

Anyone watching this?

Listening on Ustream

This is the 18th league match in a row that we haven't managed to score in the first half. Dec 26th vs Forest was the last time. Jaysus.

• Advertisement

Diouf on for Norris at start of 2nd half.

punk77 wrote: »
    Diouf on for Norris at start of 2nd half.

Makes sense. Doubt Warnock would have made a sub this early.

White on for Morison

White on for Morrison.

Bit of pace I suppose. Morrison missed 2 sitters as well.

Gooooaaaaalllll:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

YES

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Get in!

Holy SH!T!!!!

Varney for POTY!

2 from Varney. :D:D:D We want 3 :D

And another :D Play-offs anyone?:D

I'm dreading injury time.

• Advertisement

3 chances for Wednesday in the space of a minute.

YEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!! FT 2-1. What a crucial win :D I'm over the feckin' moon :D

Subs were spot on. Diouf made a huge difference after half-time and pushing Varney up top after withdrawing Morison was inspired :D

New manager had the desired effect. Well done BmcD. MOT.

Seems like an age since a win. Delighted.

Great start by McD. Onwards & upwards:).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im in total shock.
    I was listening to the game, and by no means have all our problems disappeared, but this win and the new managers might inspire the team, spur us on. perhaps a nice little run.
    3 points, my god the relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

That should be enough:o

championc wrote: »
    Tom Kirwan hit the nail on the head on the radio show last night when he said that with NW, it was all about HIM, his record promotions, his last hurrah, his team etc....

Tom then said how he liked the way BmcD used "we" so much referring to him and his new assistant NG, and their hopes and aspirations.

Dawson was asked if NW said anything before his debut. he said something like "this might be my last game so i want to give you your debut"
    Again, just think about hospital own "legacy"

And i can believe the abuse some of you lot give Varney, top player

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

The important thing now is a top half finish in order to avoid the first round of the Carling Cup

Leeds team v Burnley: Kenny, Byram, Lees, Pearce, Warnock, Tonge, Austin, Green, Diouf, McCormack, Varney. Subs: Ashdown, Drury, White, Habibou, Poleon, Somma, Hall.

Another win would be nice.

any links to the game, video or audio?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement