Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed Interior - Options

• 20-08-2011 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Have a shed just built (diy job) that needs to have the interior done. Father has power running into it already so that's that sorted. Looking to dryline the walls and insulate them as we're going to have a dryer and freezer in the shed. Is drylining the best way to build interior walls given that we'll be doing it ourselves?

In terms of drylining, I presume it's a case of framing beams, putting insulation in them and then drilling the drywall into the beams? It's only a basic finish we're looking for, it doesn't have to be high end just once it looks neat and tidy.

Thanks for input/advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Hi, I'm not sure I understand you right. If you intend to build internal walls to the shed. Then you need to build the Walls out of studding made by using 3 x 2 or 4 x 2 Timber. then Slab with plaster board or insulated plaster board.
    If it's just the Walls of the Shed you can batten out the Walls with 2 x 1 Battens at 16 inch centers. Cover Battens a Damp proof membrane. Make sure to fit it the right way up. Then slab with whatever thickness Insulated Board you wish to use. Using Mushroom fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Cheers for that. Just looking to stick drywall up on concrete blocks so I'll go with what you said. Will look to get the insulated board too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

Another option would be to mushroom fix or dot and dab insulated plasterboard directly to the blockwork. Basically for the mushroom fixings you place the plasterboard up against the blockwork and drill holes into your blockwork. Then tap in the fixings through the plasterboard and into the block with a hammer. You could then tape and joint where each board meets and over fixings for a neat finish.

It might be worth going for a moisture resistant board (green board) considering that it will be in a shed. Also, I would make sure that the external face of the blockwalls are fully rendered to prevent dampness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Max Moment wrote: »
    Another option would be to mushroom fix or dot and dab insulated plasterboard directly to the blockwork. Basically for the mushroom fixings you place the plasterboard up against the blockwork and drill holes into your blockwork. Then tap in the fixings through the plasterboard and into the block with a hammer. You could then tape and joint where each board meets and over fixings for a neat finish.

It might be worth going for a moisture resistant board (green board) considering that it will be in a shed. Also, I would make sure that the external face of the blockwalls are fully rendered to prevent dampness.

Thanks for that. I've thought about mushroom fixing straight to the blocks but figured because they're cavities I could end up going straight through the block?

Is it possible to get a moisture resistant insulated board? If it's less work and not too much more expensive I'm all for it.

Advertisement