Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XFactor 2011 Discussion Thread.

Options
  • 20-08-2011 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭

As another xfactor awaits us all tomorrow night, I thought I'd make another thread like last years to keep all the "OMG ONE DIRECTION ARE GOOONNNEE" and "GWAN WAGNEER" aarrrgghs and yaaaaahs seperate.

As we know Danni, Simon and Cheryl have all been replaced with the new judging panel of Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland, Tulisa <insert long name I don't know> and our own Lulu <3
    What are yer thoughts on it? :)
    I'M SO EXCITED.

(Although I probs won't grow to like Gary Barlow.. I've this feeeeeeling)

x-factor-682_1361373a.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not X Factor without Simon. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

AHHH! WOOO!! So excited :D

I think the panel will be...interesting. I think Simon hadn't been as entertaining the last year or two as he was before, so bring on the newbies! I don't like Kelly Rowland though, theres something about her...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I didn't know they were changing the judges - no Simon or Cheryl? :eek:

They should have made Wagner a judge

I didn't know they were changing the judges - no Simon or Cheryl? :eek:

They should have made Wagner a judge

Mm, well Cheryl took the US XFactor which turned out magnificently for her, and Simon's doing that as well. He's still involved in the production of the UK one though. And Dannii's Australia's Got Talent was clashing with the shows over here so she couldn't do it.

/well of pointless information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Mm, well Cheryl took the US XFactor which turned out magnificently for her, and Simon's doing that as well. He's still involved in the production of the UK one though. And Dannii's Australia's Got Talent was clashing with the shows over here so she couldn't do it.

/well of pointless information

You know Cheryl was fired from the American show right? And shes doing nathinnnn now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

deise_girl wrote: »
    You know Cheryl was fired from the American show right? And shes doing nathinnnn now!

LAWL Your sarcasm detector is broken :P

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    LAWL Your sarcasm detector is broken :P

Ohhhhhhhhhh

I was wondering why the adjective "magnificently" was used, thought it was a bit much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Every year I tell myself I won't get sucked into this. Only the awesomeness of Wagner made me watch last year (though Rebecca Ferguson was good, in fairness) so without him I might be ok.

Kelly Rowland and Gary Barlow definitely have better musical credentials than Dannii and Cheryl did so those two will probably make for credible judges at least. Pity they couldn't get rid of Louis Walsh or find anyone better than Little Miss N'Dubz though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

The countdown to Christmas begins here. :D I have fairly low expectations what with not really liking the new judging panel. Like Gary Barlow's grand but as a judge, I dunno, and Kelly Rowland annoys me and I'm not exactly an N-Dubz fangirl. At least Louis is still there. But I had a friend who went to one of the auditions and she said it was really good even with the new judges so fingers crossed. Also I'm looking forward to seeing soccy and deise's obsession of this year. :p

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    The countdown to Christmas begins here. :D I have fairly low expectations what with not really liking the new judging panel. Like Gary Barlow's grand but as a judge, I dunno, and Kelly Rowland annoys me and I'm not exactly an N-Dubz fangirl. At least Louis is still there. But I had a friend who went to one of the auditions and she said it was really good even with the new judges so fingers crossed. Also I'm looking forward to seeing soccy and deise's obsession of this year. :p

Running commentary via msn while its on? Im boredddddd and as you said have much lower expectations to previous years :/

Also bbz for that last line, Im forcing you to like the link on my fb wall. LIKE IT!!! :P

Running commentary via msn while its on? Im boredddddd and as you said have much lower expectations to previous years :/

Also bbz for that last line, Im forcing you to like the link on my fb wall. LIKE IT!!! :P

Yeah probably, I've nothing better to be at, and I need to sleep early tonight before I collapse and die. I've a horrible feeling it's going to be underwhelming and there'll be barely anything to talk about though. :(

Done. :p Weird coincidence, I was actually watching the YouTube video just there. Kinda grows on ya. Kindaaaaaa. :p

Slow Show wrote: »
    Yeah probably, I've nothing better to be at, and I need to sleep early tonight before I collapse and die. I've a horrible feeling it's going to be underwhelming and there'll be barely anything to talk about though. :(

Done. :p Weird coincidence, I was actually watching the YouTube video just there. Kinda grows on ya. Kindaaaaaa. :p

Yeaa most likely, everyones saying woo auditions but auditions are least fave part(Used be bootcamp until the dancing and stuff) I dont get all excited and intense till the Live shows!

And yeaa but that clip is just amazing, all the camera angles etc <3

Watching the rewind thing, expecting to cry when 1D are announced 3rd :P

As Noel pointed out.....sarcasm! :P

Ooh this thread is nice and easy going compared to the other one. So far...I don't like Gary trying to be Simon, Kelly's voice is annoying, older blondie is irritating, younger blondie is very good :)

Honestly thought it was close to dire lawds :(

Mind you it did get overshadowed halfway when I found out one of my frenchies added me on facebook, but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 _mocha_

I missed the first 15mins, but I didn't think any of the contestants were that good...:(

I loved the girl from Co. Down though!
    I hope its a good series...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

_mocha_ wrote: »
    I missed the first 15mins, but I didn't think any of the contestants were that good...:(

I loved the girl from Co. Down though!
    I hope its a good series...:)

Janet from Tyrone? or was there a Down girl aswell?

Janet was fecking amazing.. But then again all Northerns are! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 _mocha_

Janet from Tyrone? or was there a Down girl aswell?

Oh sorry, she was Janet from Tyrone! Dunno what put Down in my head..:p

She gave me chills anyway!:)

Just saw that girl's audition on Youtube. I won't watch the rest of the X-factor, but I think I'll keep an eye on her online. Her performance was spine-tinglingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Janet Devlin is very cute. >.>

• Advertisement

I didn't mind the judges much, like I'm indifferent towards Kelly Rowland but Gary Barlow is some man, Tulisa actually seems alright and Louis is Louis <3. There was a distinct lack of chemistry between them, but it beat the Simon and Cheryl show. The worst thing about the auditions so far is that apart from Janet Devlin, there was a complete lack of talent. But meh, I always hate the auditions (no one is bad enough to surprise me anymore. :(). I thought last year's were awful too and quite enjoyed the live shows, so hopefully it shall pick up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Just caught up with it this morning.
    And have to say I love the new judging panel.
    But then again, I despised Cheryl and Simon (he was so fake and always had his eye on $$$$$$$ and not about spotting new talent at all) so anything was better than those 2.

Janet Devlin sent shivers down my spine and that crazy Chinese wan, could she be the novelty act this year? It would make my life if she was :D
    Last night's show wasn't as awful as some people were making it out to be :P I thought it was graaaaand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My Saturday nights have now been taken over from now until Christmas...

The auditions so far haven't been that greatest.....apart from one or two they were pretty average but thelast fella was hilarious. After all he went on about how he'd completely changed his attitude and matured fully he was nothing of the kind, he turned out to be just as bad as the last time in every way.

As for the new judges....I think Gary thinks he's trying to be the new Simon and saying no to nearly everyone who's not amazing, that Tulisa one is alright I s'pose even if I completely hate N'Dubz, Kelly's alright aswell I suppose although she could get annoying and Louis is the same as ever. :) I'm glad that they got rid of the Simon and Cheryl show but I don't think the four of them go together very well, maybe they just need time to get to know each other a bit.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18 silvercrown

My favourite judge is Louis even though he's annoying sometimes... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Wasn't too mad about that Irish girl. She had an alright voice, but nowhere near as good as the judges made it out to be. Parts were shaky and she couldn't handle the low notes. And she said she was doing the Elton John version but then did the Ellie Goulding cover.. Story with that? Dying to see your man Michael again though, he was so cringingly bad/hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

Tulisa... Nuff said :P
    No really, that girl Janet on Saturday was brilliant :) she really was.
    When the fella lost it and went crazy I thought that was hilarious, hahaha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Louis looks fair sexy in that pic o_O

Only saw Janet and the guy with all the girls names on his bum. Everyone loved him, i thought he was a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cherry_Angel

Hate it so far..... BRING BACK SIMON :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Gonna try keep up with it this year, Cheryl's gone but the two women look interesting. Louie's great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Yer man luke lucas was my fave audition this year :)

Advertisement